AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-07-14, 06:22   Link #861
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Rolo only did according to his knowledge. Should Shirley blurt out things about Nunnally, both himself and Lelouch will be in trouble. Besides, he wouldn't have known of any other methods other than killing which he was taught since young. Why will Rolo show any remorse when he wasn't taught how to love others and killing people was just a routine to him like brushing his teeth? Other than the year he was showered with sibling love by Lelouch, no one else loves him. Of course, he doesn't know what is the correct way to deal with people. He is at fault for killing Shirley but did anyone told him that he should not do that? He just did what he thinks it's right.

I just hope that Rolo will die in a way where Lelouch will always remember him. Is there anyway that he will live through the end?

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 06:58   Link #862
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenu View Post
The fact that there is no consensus on Rolo means he is a great character. Us veiwers can sympathise with him or hate him. The writers did a great job on him.

To be honest, in the first few episodes I thought Rolo was Nunnally but sex-changed and mind wiped! Subsequently Lelouch would have to make a decision to kill Rolo or really his dear sister. Glad that was blown out of the water.
I have to agree that Rollo is a unique character in that respect. But at the same time, I feel like he may drift under the radar a bit. I mean, until he killed Shirley, there was no real reason for me to care about him. I wonder if that holds him back a little as a character.

And yeah, I'm glad your idea got blown out of the water, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
Rolo only did according to his knowledge. Should Shirley blurt out things about Nunnally, both himself and Lelouch will be in trouble. Besides, he wouldn't have known of any other methods other than killing which he was taught since young. Why will Rolo show any remorse when he wasn't taught how to love others and killing people was just a routine to him like brushing his teeth? Other than the year he was showered with sibling love by Lelouch, no one else loves him. Of course, he doesn't know what is the correct way to deal with people. He is at fault for killing Shirley but did anyone told him that he should not do that? He just did what he thinks it's right.

I just hope that Rolo will die in a way where Lelouch will always remember him. Is there anyway that he will live through the end?
I think you make a really good point. Rollo doesn't know how to deal with a crisis. In his head, I think it's a case where if a situation goes awry, kill the person that caused it. Perhaps the murdering of Shirley was partially instinctual? I think that's a fair assumption.

Still, you can't discredit the fact that Shirley mentioned Nunnally entirely. It definitely played a role in Rollo's "decision" (unless it was instinctual?) to kill her.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 07:04   Link #863
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:

No, Rolo won't survive until the end, but episode 14 was just too quick for Rolo to meet his end. I don't feel any pity for him.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 07:47   Link #864
Tolle Erik Koenig
LOL!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28 View Post

And yeah, I'm glad your idea got blown out of the water, too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
No, Rolo won't survive until the end, but episode 14 was just too quick for Rolo to meet his end. I don't feel any pity for him.
Hold on, Rolo died already? How?
Tolle Erik Koenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 07:58   Link #865
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolle Erik Koenig View Post
Hold on, Rolo died already? How?
He hasn't died yet, but it seems like the general consensus is that there's a really high probability that he will "bite the bullet", as the saying goes.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 08:03   Link #866
Tolle Erik Koenig
LOL!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28 View Post
He hasn't died yet, but it seems like the general consensus is that there's a really high probability that he will "bite the bullet", as the saying goes.
And what was your idea as mentioned a little while ago?
Tolle Erik Koenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 09:32   Link #867
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

The question on how Rolo will die is a bit more intresting.

1) he'll get blown up by Lulu, the setup is there just needs to be executed
2) some other pilot will kill him, probably a Knight of the Rounds.
3) his geass will cause him to die, seriously it stops his heart
squaresphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 10:20   Link #868
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

I believe he will die saving either Lelouch or Nunnally who he will be afraid of. If he dies, overusing his Geass, I hope it's for Nunnally. Although I hope he survives, but chances are very unlikely since his heart will stop beating whenever he uses his Geass. He would then serve his purpose .

Old 2008-07-14, 10:40   Link #869
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:
I believe he will die saving either Lelouch or Nunnally who he will be afraid of. If he dies, overusing his Geass, I hope it's for Nunnally. Although I hope he survives, but chances are very unlikely since his heart will stop beating whenever he uses his Geass. He would then serve his purpose .
I used to hate Rolo, for some reason I don't much. I realized he is just as much as a victim as the others. He seems to take no pleasure in killing anyone. He just want to be loved... god that sounds sappy.
Old 2008-07-14, 10:49   Link #870
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

I never hate him. I just thought "Gosh, he killed Shirley." but I know he is a victim of circumstances. So does the rest of the characters. The characters just acted accordingly. Their doings may be wrong, but why are we blaming them?

Rolo needs to be loved. I'm sure sending anyone from the cult other than Rolo will produce the same result.

Old 2008-07-14, 12:12   Link #871
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Emotionally speaking, Turn 14 was a great chance for Rolo to die in the most painless way. Because he would die thinking nii-san is nice to him and he is helping out nii-san. Now the chance slipped by, and I see no point in playing the same trick (a quick one in a KMF) again, I fear that they'll make his death more dramatic. In other words, more painful. Such as:
1) He will know nii-san hates him before he dies. Rolo dies in despair.
2) Something happens and Lelouch regrets setting Rolo up, but it's too late to save him. Lelouch lives in regrets.

Hopefully Rolo can redeem himself by saving Nunnally's life. XD
Depending on how the scenario goes and how well the writing is, it may calm the fans' anger or it may upset people even more though.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 17:15   Link #872
Generic Asian Guy
^_^

Send a message via MSN to Generic Asian Guy
I see it likely being #2, he saves either Lulu or Nunally using his Geass (against a swarm of soldiers?).
Generic Asian Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 17:42   Link #873
Asleep

Me too. He will probably end up sacrificing his life, and Lelouch will come to love him as his brother. Only he will be dead
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 18:12   Link #874
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
Me too. He will probably end up sacrificing his life, and Lelouch will come to love him as his brother. Only he will be dead
I actually doubt this but i believe as well he will sacrifice himself for him.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 18:13   Link #875
Mr.Mo

It would be a good twist if he sacrifices himself saving nunally
Mr.Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 18:16   Link #876
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mo View Post
It would be a good twist if he sacrifices himself saving nunally
Biggest twist EVAH. xDD
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 18:52   Link #877
orangejuicetang

I just don't see it happening.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 20:47   Link #878
sikvod00

I know this has been repeated ad nauseam, but:

Oh, boy. Lulu is just playing with a ticking time bomb by delaying Rolo's death (or effectively making him harmless). Someone with such a strong Geass ability and who's emotionally unstable is too dangerous to keep around IMO. His obsessive attachment to Lulu seems to drive him to kill anyone who HE PERCEIVES as getting in their way (including Lulu's own friends, families, and allies).

I keep imagining that by the end of this series Rolo will kill Nunnally either in a fit of jealousy\paranoia that she's "stealing" his "brother", or out of revenge if he ever finds out that Lulu has been stringing him along the whole time.

In episode 13 I saw how Shirley's last comments about reclaiming Lulu's happiness and getting Nunnally back implied that Lulu wasn't satisified with having Rolo as a fake brother. I think that's what really set him off. But maybe I'm reading too much into that and he would've killed her from the start, when she first asked to join.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 20:59   Link #879
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Lelouch probably or hopefully knows he is too dangerous to keep around any longer. He should have taken him out in this episode regardless. I don't think Rolo willl be around that much longer anyway. If Rolo meets Nunally, something bad is going to happen.
Old 2008-07-14, 21:35   Link #880
FuzzyWuzzy

He killed Shirley. I hate him. I like Shirley as a character. She has been filled with tragic events one after the other and then she got mind raped by every main geass user. But she still managed to regain composure and still manage to fall for Lelouch everytime.

Yup, I definitely hate him. He needs to die.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote