AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 110 53.14%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 57 27.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 7.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 8.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.93%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.48%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.97%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-04, 23:42   Link #221
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

@Triple_R,

I like it way much. Post it up.
Old 2009-09-04, 23:48   Link #222
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

However, it plays right into the hands of the KyonxYuki shipping group.
Old 2009-09-04, 23:56   Link #223
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
@Triple_R,

I like it way much. Post it up.
Glad you like it. I was debating whether or not to post it up here on Anime Suki. I eventually decided to do so. I might eventually put it on my blog too, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
However, it plays right into the hands of the KyonxYuki shipping group.
It... does? How so? I mean, my theory (I have to admit) means Haruhi is madly in love with Kyon; maybe even beyond a level that Kaisos would promote.

Haruhi's actually putting plots together to destroy the competition; she's at the level of a Ranma Saotome fiance.
Old 2009-09-04, 23:58   Link #224
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Well, considering that Haruhi was trying to put her hair in a ponytail when Kyon walked in...it could simply mean that Haruhi wants Kyon to like her more than anyone else.
In which case, could this mean that all she wants/needs to feel special is if Kyon loves her? Maybe, as she reversed the dream after Kyon kissed her, meaning that she then wanted to also return. This sudden change of heart is most likely from that kiss (I mean, did anything else actually happen?) Following this train of thought, then it would be that she doesn't want Kyon to change from liking her, thus leading to what Triple_R said... if this was your theory, sorry XD

Augh burn from trying to post at the same time ><
Old 2009-09-04, 23:58   Link #225
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
It... does? How so? I mean, my theory (I have to admit) means Haruhi is madly in love with Kyon; maybe even beyond a level that Kaisos would promote.
No, that's pretty much the level I assumed, yeah.
Old 2009-09-05, 00:00   Link #226
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Knocks Mikuru out of the running and paints Haruhi in a evil light. That leaves on non-gay SOS-dan member option....Yuki. However there is a fix (known) to revert to KyonxHaruhi shipping (which is actually the only logical pairing that exists in the series after "Sometimes in the Rain"....or at least that is what one would expect).....
Old 2009-09-05, 00:08   Link #227
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Knocks Mikuru out of the running and paints Haruhi in a evil light.
Ah, I see.

Well, there's kind of no way to not see Haruhi in an evil light in this particular arc.

As is, I'm just trying to make her look smart, at least.

Quote:
That leaves one non-gay SOS-dan member option....Yuki. However there is a fix (known) to revert to KyonxHaruhi shipping (which is actually the only logical pairing that exists in the series after "Sometimes in the Rain"....or at least that is what one would expect).....
"Sometimes in the Rain"... isn't that the anime original episode? If so, I don't know how much stock I'd put in it.
Old 2009-09-05, 00:10   Link #228
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Well...

a) Haruhi stayed behind for Kyon WHILE HE WAS SLEEPING
b) Haruhi offered her umbrella to Kyon
c) They proceeded to walk home together)
d) Haruhi WANTED HIM TO COME CLOSER under the guise of "not getting enough umbrella"

Weeeeee referencing :P
Old 2009-09-05, 00:11   Link #229
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Tanigawa wrote Someday in the Rain for the anime.

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Old 2009-09-05, 00:12   Link #230
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
"Sometimes in the Rain"... isn't that the anime original episode? If so, I don't know how much stock I'd put in it.
It's "Someday in the Rain", and Tanigawa was hired to write it specifically for the anime.

Edit: Dammit. Ninja'd.
Old 2009-09-05, 00:13   Link #231
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
Well...

a) Haruhi stayed behind for Kyon WHILE HE WAS SLEEPING
b) Haruhi offered her umbrella to Kyon
c) They proceeded to walk home together)
d) Haruhi WANTED HIM TO COME CLOSER under the guise of "not getting enough umbrella"

Weeeeee referencing :P
Yeah, there is a lot of HaruhiKyon romance hints there.
Old 2009-09-05, 00:13   Link #232
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Anime original, but written by the main author, then put onto paper. Sort of like Fumoffu's hot springs episode.
Old 2009-09-05, 00:16   Link #233
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heminga13 View Post
Tanigawa wrote Someday in the Rain for the anime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
It's "Someday in the Rain", and Tanigawa was hired to write it specifically for the anime.
Thanks for the title correction. "Somtimes in the Rain" didn't sound right to me, either, but I'm not good with remembering episode names, so I didn't question it.

Quote:
Anime original, but written by the main author, then put onto paper. Sort of like Fumoffu's hot springs episode.
So it is canon. Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Well, it certainly helps the KyonHaruhi side quite a bit, I must say. Haruhi covering Kyon up with her cardigan in that episode is one of the three or four strongest pieces of argument in favor of KyonHaruhi, imo.
Old 2009-09-05, 00:18   Link #234
Rice_slayer
Resident Car Buff

That's the reason why Kyon is in the SOS Brigade. Everyone here saw BLR and knows that Haruhi knows who John Smith is, and she wanted to meet him and Kyon looks like him(because he is him). Basically, Haruhi likes Kyon but is to tsundere to show it :P. Although, Koizumi probably is gay for Kyon too :P.
Old 2009-09-05, 00:37   Link #235
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R
Think about it. This movie puts Mikuru right through the ringer; it wears her down and instead of simply making Mikuru look cute or sexy, it makes her look abused and worn out. Certainly, a whimpering Mikuru dripping in dirty water isn't as attractive a sight as a smiling Mikuru in a maid outfit serving you tea.
Sir, have you considered writing fan-fic that will concentrate on Mikuru-specific fanservice? I was hooked in your post at "Mikuru dripping in dirty water." Serious fanservice there! Here are some reps to show my appreciation for your service to all the Mikuru-fans out there.

Kid Ying: I agree with your point of view. Raising his fist was a little disconcerting no matter how much Haruhi deserve some scolding and may be a slap or two.
Old 2009-09-05, 00:42   Link #236
resoLv777
watch?v=HY0PtgOwt6g

Quote:
Originally Posted by touge-n00b View Post
Yay! for ponytail Haruhi! Kyon really needs to push that more.
Totally, for me, that was the best part of the Episode. Obviously Haruhi has some strong feelings for Kyon.

I was crazy tense during Kyon's outburst (I have only read the officially translated Light Novels, so I don't know what happens)... I was thinking Kyon could be vaporized or something.

I would say this Episode was about as deep and profound as the Ending of Endless eight.

10/10
Old 2009-09-05, 01:00   Link #237
freakonboard

Regarding Someday in the Rain.

Around 15:33, Kyon thought "The forecast said a 10% chance of rain".
So it's possible that the rain was caused by Haruhi's wish.

And for those who don't know what Ai Ai Gasa is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ai_Ai_Gasa
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...getherUmbrella

Old 2009-09-05, 01:03   Link #238
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakonboard View Post
Regarding Someday in the Rain.

Around 15:33, Kyon thought "The forecast said a 10% chance of rain".
So it's possible that the rain was caused by Haruhi's wish.
Thing is about the umbrella... Kyon isn't a moron, he had to realize what it meant.
Old 2009-09-05, 01:09   Link #239
Kyanme
suzuya_luvrx666

Send a message via AIM to Kyanme Send a message via MSN to Kyanme
You know, I can't say I really liked this episode.

The first half is incredibly boring, and daresay, I found it tedious to sit through. It took a lot of convincing to not click on the slider and skip a minute or so forward out of boredom. Kyon's complaining, while certainly understandable, was grating on my last nerve.

"THE SCENE" everyone's gaga over was only decent to me... Iunno. I wasn't incredibly impressed. I wasn't disappointed. It was... acceptable. Then again, I felt like that towards in the scene in the light novels, so I guess that means it was a good adaption. I was never sure why I was neutral towards that scene, though. Perhaps I'm secretly a Nazi-Feminist.

EHH. It does feel... so creepy knowing Itsuki's leaning over to kiss a drunk girl while he's sober.

I liked the second half because it was more interesting. Or perhaps I just like when there's more focus on my favorite character (namely, Itsuki) but I liked the tone more in the second half.

I didn't think it was bad, but I didn't think it was amazing. It was... decent. 7/10.

tumblr | i don't have any other links to post here, whoops
Old 2009-09-05, 01:13   Link #240
Jintor

I don't know if Haruhi is patient enough to make an entire movie project specifically to discredit Mikuru as potential competition. I'm pretty sure she just a) wanted to make a movie and b) assumed (as per usual) that everybody shares her level of enthusiasm for it (this is one of what I think of as the key factors of Haruhi; her unthinking level of assurance that the rest of the Brigade is at some level exactly the same as her, even if they don't show it).

The way I see it, Haruhi would be absolutely willing to do everything - everything - that she gets Mikuru to do. However, since she sees herself as and only as a leader, the rest of the Brigade has to pick up the slack. This is conveyed more in the anime than in the novels - Haruhi doesn't seem mad that Mikuru can't act properly, more disappointed - as if she expected Mikuru to act to Haruhi's (projected) level, and you know Haruhi would LARGE HAM it up.

I agree to an extent that Haruhi sabotages a Mikuru/Kyon relationship whenever it occurs to her, but I disagree that she's malignant enough to create an entire plot around it.
Closed Thread