AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-02, 04:07   Link #61
BrownRukus

Smile

Neji,Shikamaru, and Lee are genius' there is no doubt.

Sasuke - Has the potntial to become a genius, but has shown any signs of it, plus Itachi is the GENIUS of the Uchiha Clan and is it possible for Sasuke to learn Mangekyou?

Kabuto - Do ppl consider Kabuto a Genius? From what we have seen in the Anime hes some what of a genius

3 Sannins - All genius to me, considering what each of them bring to the Anime

Shino - I have no clue, hes so mysterious, and is not to be underestimated. He could be a Genius if they reveal more about him

Kakashi - Genius, this is no surprise but if u compare somebdy to a genius, does that make a other person a genius? like when oro compared Kakashi and Kabuto, does that make Kabuto a Genius?

Naruto - In the end, He wins.

ALl these comments are Opinions....
BrownRukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 07:38   Link #62
Steffa
Ninja Guru

to tell u the truth the only one that is a genius is shikamaru the other ones are talanted ninjas
Steffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 10:27   Link #63
Cort
What???

Send a message via ICQ to Cort
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffa
to tell u the truth the only one that is a genius is shikamaru the other ones are talanted ninjas
gen·ius Audio pronunciation of "genius" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (jnys)
n. pl. gen·ius·es

1. Extraordinary intellectual and creative power.
2. A person of extraordinary intellect and talent: “One is not born a genius, one becomes a genius” (Simone de Beauvoir).
3. A person who has an exceptionally high intelligence quotient, typically above 140.
1. A strong natural talent, aptitude, or inclination: has a genius for choosing the right words.
2. One who has such a talent or inclination: a genius at diplomacy.

I think that is what people refer to when they are saying genius. We could just call them prodigies I guess, same difference...

Itachi, Sasuke, Kabuto, Neji, etc...are all on different levels. Think of it like a professional sport. You have the players that everyone knows for their extraordinary talent, and then you have all the others that noone really notices very much. These well-known players can vary a lot in their level of talent, but they have above average qualities that get them recognition as "geniuses."

Uchiha may be well-known for producing extremely talented ninjas, but its doubtful that every last one of them was a genius. Because Sasuke is from a well-known respected clan like Uchiha, people expect more from him. Because his brother was Itachi, the most talented Uchiha of that time, they expect even more.
Cort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 12:04   Link #64
Steffa
Ninja Guru

although u have to admit that out of everyone shikamaru fits best the definition

and i don't think there was a need to put up the definition it's like we are having a cultural debate here
Steffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 14:44   Link #65
Cort
What???

Send a message via ICQ to Cort
eh? I was just pointing out the different meanings of the word. He is a genius in the smart way, the others are geniuses through their natural talent. He isn't quite as powerful as the others, but he is smarter and a better strategist.
Cort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 20:10   Link #66
UserName

If you mean Genius in a smart way. You may say Neji applies. You can argue with that though. But out of all the tacticians excluding jounins, i would put him #2 right under(well really very much under Shika, he may be better than most jounins intelligence wise).

We need to see more of Shino. But we do know he's very smart.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 21:27   Link #67
gangsta905_04
AnimeSuki's #1 criminal

Send a message via MSN to gangsta905_04
he's got the power of:
Spoiler:
gangsta905_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 21:50   Link #68
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
If Shikarmaru's IQ is what they say it is, his tactical ability would be greater than any other ninja.
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 22:08   Link #69
Anthriel
天使

Genius doesn't mean anything in Naruto. Orochimaru, the once in a generation genius, who spends most of his time inventing and learning jutsu, getting stronger, is pretty much equal in power to the "untalented" Jirayia, the pervert who spends most of his time with women and sake.
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 22:14   Link #70
HirumaHoshiru
Genin

Send a message via AIM to HirumaHoshiru
I would have to say that Sasuke is not a genius. Although he can be creative in mid battle, (creating the lion combo), most of what he does is all based on someone elses technique or jutsu. Chidori, Lee's speed, And even the Lion Combo, based on Lee's attack are all based on someone elses hard work. It is far easier to mimic someone elses moves, (especially with the sharingan) than to make up your own. If Sasuke is a genius of anything, it would be in using fire jutsus.
HirumaHoshiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 22:34   Link #71
CyberPunk

he's considered a genius because of his talent and ability. look at his growth between the forest and gaara fight. it was monstrous.
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 02:16   Link #72
han_cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaberDicer
I went and re-watched the Itachi v Kakashi fight and it seemed as though Kakashi held his own through most of the match, He wasnt taking any hits, but he wasn't dealing any either. Itachi used his best technique on Kakashi, which is when Kakashi ultimatly messed up by looking into his eyes. Other than that it seemed in Itachi's favor but really not by that much. Itachi is only a level or two above Kakashi IMO, adding the mange increases that difference by a lot.
While I agree that tsukiyomi is a powerful Uchiha technique, I don't think it's the most powerful.

There is no more technique that has not been revealed.

And it's a matter of personal preference between the moon and the sun goddess. Some might like Amaterasu, others may like tsukiyomi. I do agree that tsukiyomi is the better technique of the two IMO against an opponent only due to how much mental instability you can cause.
han_cho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 02:18   Link #73
han_cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenchir
Everyone is making such a big deal out of Itachi because he killed the whole clan. That doesn't mean much, all we know is that he killed the whole clan, but not HOW he did it. Did anyone see him do the deed? Could he had help? It's not as if the whole clan went against him at once, if he did do it single handedly, it's most likely that he killed 1-3(4 at most) of them at a time to avoid getting swarmed. They probably never saw him coming. And finally, not every single Uchiha possess the Sharingan or even know martial arts.
The manga gives plenty of suggestions.

I don't think numbers would've helped at all with mangekyo.

The more and more I read Naruto, the more I feel the word "genius" is being overused. Naruto, Lee, Neji, Sasuke, Itachi, Lee, Kakashi, Orochimaru, Shikamaru... Everyone is considered a genius.
han_cho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 02:57   Link #74
Voltage
若い雷

Send a message via AIM to Voltage
I think the word "genius" in Naruto means, "the best in..."

Itachi- best in the clan(until he took them 6 feet under, and left konoha)
Sasuke- best in the clan, only because Itachi abandoned the clan, IMO.
Naruto- not a genius.
Neji- best in his clan. Inherits the Hyuga ability stronger than anyone else.
Lee- best in terms of hard work and sheer guts.
Kakashi- I'm guessing he's called a genius because he moved up the ranks so fast, besides having his sharingan later on in life.
Sannin- best trio of ninjas in konoha history.
Shikamaru- best in terms of intelligence of a genin/chuunin level.

I can think of some more, but this gives you the idea of what I mean by "genius".
Voltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 14:35   Link #75
Daru

Send a message via AIM to Daru
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunk
he's considered a genius because of his talent and ability. look at his growth between the forest and gaara fight. it was monstrous.

See, i agree with Hiruma-sama. Look at Narutos growth between the forest and the gara fight....and people dont consider Naruto a genius, and he atleast rocked Gara unlike the genius sauske who has to relay on some other power rather than his own. Im sorry, but in my eyes Sauske is not a genius, he might be a good Shinobi, but no genius.
Daru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 14:48   Link #76
CyberPunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daru
....and people dont consider Naruto a genius, and he atleast rocked Gara unlike the genius sauske who has to relay on some other power rather than his own. Im sorry, but in my eyes Sauske is not a genius, he might be a good Shinobi, but no genius.
.......riiiight. unlike naruto who uses his own power, right?

think about it this way, for anyone to do what sasuke did, it would take years. why? because look at the dramatic increase in speed he obtained. it took lee, the hardest working man in konoha, years to get that. he also learned the chidori, a very complex move that everyone was amazed at seeing. keep in mind that he did this in UNDER A MONTH'S TIME. i don't get how you can look at that and still believe sasuke isn't a genius ninja. oh, and the gaara fight...in case you forgot, sasuke dominated gaara in the arena.
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 14:53   Link #77
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

In Naruto, Tensai or genius is usually used as incredible natural born abilities and talent which is the case for Sasuke in every regard.

Look at his skill during the first fight with Zabuza against one of his water clone, then look how he annihilated 7~8 of them in a split second one week later.
Or how he gained Lee's speed and the Chidori in two weeks of training.

Sasuke is obviously naturally very talented.

Daru your example is rather weird : Naruto relies on the power of one the strongest being on the world, at least the cursed seal uses Sasuke's own chakra to work.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 15:48   Link #78
BrownRukus

For the ppl who consider Sasuke a genius becuz he learned the Chidori in that short amount of time and the speed he obtained during the gaara fight if u consider him a genius becuz of that then u have to consider Naruto a Genius.

He learned Kage Bushin no Jutsu with his own Chakra and he learned Rasengan with his own Chakra only 3 ppl know that move. And also during battles he has great technniques, like when he and sasuke fought zabuza, he used Kage Bunshin beautifully to get Kakashi out of the bubble, and whne he used Kage Bunshin to hit Kabuto. PPl just don't relize.
Old 2004-09-03, 20:50   Link #79
Bloodloss2000
Someone new

Send a message via AIM to Bloodloss2000 Send a message via MSN to Bloodloss2000 Send a message via Yahoo to Bloodloss2000
Sasuke is indeed a genius, he's smart... anyone remember the Chunin selection exam in the forrest and the plan he came up with... he has the Sharigan which allows him to see through moves and copy them, everyway you look at it points to him being a genius.

The Sanin, Orochimaru no doubt about it he's a genius, Jiriya hell no, he's pretty much just like Naruto... and you guys seem dead against calling Naruto one. Just cos he's a Sanin doesn't mean he's a genius it just means he is one of the strongest and best Ninja's around. As for Tsunade I believe she is one seeing as how she is a medical genius and all.

As for the rest of them.

Neji - Yes.
Shino - Possibly but to little is known about him.
Shikamaru - Although he is a good tactiction and is increadibly smart I wouldn't call him one.
Itachi - Possibly but at the moment I'm just gonna say he's powerfull.
Naruto - Although he may have mastered what took the Fourth 3 years to learn in about a Month or so I would hardly say that qualifies him.

If there is anyone else you people mentioned who I haven't then sorry.
Bloodloss2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-03, 23:34   Link #80
BrownRukus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodloss2000
Sasuke is indeed a genius, he's smart... anyone remember the Chunin selection exam in the forrest and the plan he came up with... he has the Sharigan which allows him to see through moves and copy them, everyway you look at it points to him being a genius.

The Sanin, Orochimaru no doubt about it he's a genius, Jiriya hell no, he's pretty much just like Naruto... and you guys seem dead against calling Naruto one. Just cos he's a Sanin doesn't mean he's a genius it just means he is one of the strongest and best Ninja's around. As for Tsunade I believe she is one seeing as how she is a medical genius and all.

As for the rest of them.

Neji - Yes.
Shino - Possibly but to little is known about him.
Shikamaru - Although he is a good tactiction and is increadibly smart I wouldn't call him one.
Itachi - Possibly but at the moment I'm just gonna say he's powerfull.
Naruto - Although he may have mastered what took the Fourth 3 years to learn in about a Month or so I would hardly say that qualifies him.

If there is anyone else you people mentioned who I haven't then sorry.

"Itachi - Possibly but at the moment I'm just gonna say he's powerfull"

Wow dude, u think Sasuke is a genius but Itachi is just powerful?

Shikamaru not a genius? He is mentally better than anybdy, he can come up with some awesome ways to create a shadow, as shown with his fight against Temari.

IF u consider Sasuke a genius, u have to consider Naruto a Genius.

Jiraiya not a genius? wowo man, look at all the moves he can do, he may act stupid, but when he fights, he fights.