AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-06-27, 03:58   Link #5721
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
Wow, big time curveball there from Ken.

But maybe, as quigonkenny said, he's trying to make us all think she's evil but she isn't.
Makes me curious about her sentence at the last page I wonder what is she saying?

It's actually kinda fun to see this kind of twist; I haven't been as startled as this for a long time . I mean, we already know that there's something odd about her such as her claws at the first chapter, her lack of conversation and facial expression, as well as the creatures that sometimes follows her, but I sure didn't expect her to show up now of all times . And I found her pose to be surprisingly badass

Evil? Good? Neutral? Whatever it is, I hope they wouldn't suddenly switch to other characters and leave us in the dark for too long

...there isn't any "Negima will take a break next week", is it? My curiosity is torturing me
Old 2010-06-27, 11:36   Link #5722
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Makes me curious about her sentence at the last page I wonder what is she saying?
Nothing much, just "Konnichiwa, Negi-sensei".
Old 2010-06-27, 11:45   Link #5723
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Nothing much, just "Konnichiwa, Negi-sensei".
Considering the situation and the person saying it, this just makes her more intimidating for me

Well, aside from the theory that she's actually Fate's minion, I have another (crack) theory: Eva and Iincho (and probably Mahora Academy) sent her there to open the path for reinforcements ...what?
Old 2010-06-27, 12:03   Link #5724
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush
Whoa, whoa, whoa, let's not jump to conclusions about this. I for one, like to keep my brain unfried so far, thank you.

No comments.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Kurush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 15:46   Link #5725
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
...there isn't any "Negima will take a break next week", is it? My curiosity is torturing me
Nope, there will be a chapter next week. The schedule is like this:

June 30th: Chapter 294 (end of volume 32)
July 7th: Chapter 295 (start of volume 33
July 14th: Break week
Old 2010-06-27, 16:02   Link #5726
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Welll, considering the fan speculation I've heard regarding a Demon World/Underworld Arc, it wouldn't surprise me much if Zazie is some kind of high-level demon aristocracy (so that her real form is human-looking and therefore incredibly hot, instead of looking like a bug, like Hermann's), and they end up having to go to Hell, basically, to defeat the MotB once and for all (plus tearful reunion with mommy). As for why he's in Hell, well, Nagi killed him once already, so where else is he going to go...? Detroit?

Now, as for why Zazie's here now? Who knows? Maybe we'll know more next chapter. Of course, this is just the kind of moment KA loves to leave us hanging on, so maybe we'll get some more time back at Mahora. Of course, only about an hour and a half have passed since the last time we were there, so...

And as for what happened with Tsukuyomi? No way she gets taken out in such quick fashion after the loving build-up she's gotten over the last several chapters. My guess is, she and her "pets" probably played around with Negi until Secchan showed up, at which point she exercised some "better part of valor" and hightailed it back to the Gravekeeper's Palace, to prepare for some nice playful ambushing. Or headed toward the incoming armada to do a little ship slicing, like she said she wanted to do way back at the beginning of the Ostian part of this arc. And with no characters in the way to accidentally kill, that leaves Negi and Secchan free to unleash their more indiscriminate AoE's, making quick work of the remaining demons.
Old 2010-06-27, 16:36   Link #5727
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Welll, considering the fan speculation I've heard regarding a Demon World/Underworld Arc, it wouldn't surprise me much if Zazie is some kind of high-level demon aristocracy (so that her real form is human-looking and therefore incredibly hot, instead of looking like a bug, like Hermann's), and they end up having to go to Hell, basically, to defeat the MotB once and for all (plus tearful reunion with mommy). As for why he's in Hell, well, Nagi killed him once already, so where else is he going to go...? Detroit?
Wisconsin of course
Old 2010-06-27, 18:31   Link #5728
cantthinkofaname1029

Quote:
weeeeelllll, i do think the last arc will involve the underworld. i mean, zazie is definalty a demon of some type (just look at her) so i wouldnt be suprised if she is an antagonist right now, but then she reveals some motivation, and it turns out somebody is sturing up trouble in the demon world, and its gonna destroy earth and MM...or something like that anywya, negi + company has to go there and clean up, lol.....id bet money the gateway would be through the town where nagi vanished, and where zazie is from. perfect place, IMO.

PLEASE, PLEASE MAY THE MAGE OF BEGGINING NOT BE THE LAST BATTLE!!!!! NEGI HAS NAGI'S ALLIES, HIS ENEMIES, AND ALL SORTS FO THINGS FROM HIM. GIVE THE KID HIS OWN FREAKIN ANTAGONIST, FOR PETES SAKE!!! *takes a breath* sorry, its just the fact taht negi has so many things carried over from nagi that the story feels more like a spin-off of nagis adventure than anything IMO. im really hoping the MotB is NOT the main villian. it would be SO spin-offy if that was teh case, u know? i dont care if he is A villian in it, i jsut dont want him as the FINAL villian. and no possessed or evil nagi's either. just wouldnt be as epic...unless nagi turned out to be a villian who had planned it all out since from the beggining, before he even formed the ala rubra decades ago, and has always planned to destroy everything, killing the MotB so he wouldnt be able to save everyone by sending to...whatever it was called, and is going to kill everything, starting with negi. kinda like sora from air gear. of course, that would cause a few people to throw a fit. in fact, im sure a lot of people would fly over to japan jsut so they could have a 'chat' with the author

what do you mean a tearful reunion wiht arika? she seems the type who would stand there while negi rushes into her and not be sure how to react, lol what about nagi while your at it? he'd probably just flick the kid again but im sure he'd embrace him in the end.
cantthinkofaname1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 18:38   Link #5729
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantthinkofaname1029 View Post
weeeeelllll, i do think the last arc will involve the underworld. i mean, zazie is definalty a demon of some type (just look at her) so i wouldnt be suprised if she is an antagonist right now, but then she reveals some motivation, and it turns out somebody is sturing up trouble in the demon world, and its gonna destroy earth and MM...or something like that anywya, negi + company has to go there and clean up, lol.....id bet money the gateway would be through the town where nagi vanished, and where zazie is from. perfect place, IMO.
so the last arc will take place in Wisconsin?
Old 2010-06-27, 19:00   Link #5730
Random Wanderer

I just read the last six chapters. Yeah yeah, I tend to take breaks and read a bunch all at once, get used to it.

Anyway, I'm worried now about Collette. She's started setting off death flags... "When it's all finished, let's go to Japan with Class Rep." Making plans for the future on the eve of battle like that... It's begging for someone sadistic to kill her and prevent it from happening. And now she's heading out into battle against demons summoned by the Code of the Lifemaker. Demons she likely won't be able to harm at all, but which can kill her with a single hit.

Eeeee... things are tense.

I just don't know what's going to happen. Surely the attempt to stop this mess isn't going to go as planned, because that would be boring. But I don't want the magical world to be destroyed either, since I doubt Fate's "perfect world" is going to really be a desirable thing. Arg. This is going to drive me mad.

EVERY CUTE GIRL MUST SOMEHOW MAKE IT OUT OF THIS OK!

Spoiler for Ch. 294:
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 22:06   Link #5731
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
I just read the last six chapters. Yeah yeah, I tend to take breaks and read a bunch all at once, get used to it.

Anyway, I'm worried now about Collette. She's started setting off death flags... "When it's all finished, let's go to Japan with Class Rep." Making plans for the future on the eve of battle like that... It's begging for someone sadistic to kill her and prevent it from happening. And now she's heading out into battle against demons summoned by the Code of the Lifemaker. Demons she likely won't be able to harm at all, but which can kill her with a single hit.

I just don't know what's going to happen. Surely the attempt to stop this mess isn't going to go as planned, because that would be boring. But I don't want the magical world to be destroyed either, since I doubt Fate's "perfect world" is going to really be a desirable thing. Arg. This is going to drive me mad.

Spoiler for Ch. 294:
heh.... i had to stop my heart for a moment after seeing this....
Old 2010-06-27, 23:01   Link #5732
cantthinkofaname1029

Quote:

Spoiler for Ch. 294:
no need to put spoilers around the zazie thing. its common knowledge around here now...i think
Old 2010-06-27, 23:42   Link #5733
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantthinkofaname1029 View Post
no need to put spoilers around the zazie thing. its common knowledge around here now...i think
Eh. I spoiler stuff that isn't scanlated yet. Just seems polite. But word does seem to have leaked out, in this case.

Still a WTF moment, spoilered or not.
Old 2010-06-28, 05:08   Link #5734
Iromaru

Zazie's appearance is quite unexpected. I seriously have no idea what Ken want to do with her. We can't have a big boss battle now. And I hope she won't get defeated fast or turn out to be reinforcements send from Mahora.

And about 293, I must say Tsukuyomi surprised me once again. She wasn't scared by lv2 lighting form Negi at all. She took his combo without any serious damage and was all "Ah I want to fight him, but I can't since he belong to Fate". I won't be surprised if she's actually working for some higher power and manipulating both sides.
Iromaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 08:15   Link #5735
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Yes another twist... Zazie... is:
Spoiler for star wars style:
Old 2010-06-28, 16:32   Link #5736
cantthinkofaname1029

u remember how in the first chapter, it shows that picture wiht all of hte characters? well, if you look closely, zazie is in the dead middle, like everything is revolving around her....i thnk she's going to become the main focus for the series. my theory? shes....THE PRINCESS OF THE DEMONS!!!!!!!! or something like that and negi has to help her cause her world has some big bad guy who was manipulating everything and wants to destroy all life...or somehting of that accord. anyway, u know how the author said he was gonna make us suprised with who negi wound up wiht? i thnk he's gonna wind up with zazie in the end!!! and then he and hte ala alba have many grand adventures together and stay a team the rest of there lives. the end. oh, and they become TWICE OR THREE TIMES as popular and as powerful as the ala rubra sorry, i wont be sastified wiht ANY ending if they dont have that

if youve seen teh spoilers for chapter 294, it doestn seem that unlikely....like, if they save MM, it will somehow destroy her planet, like on tales of symphonia with sylverant and tethealla....and htats why she is....well, ive gotta stop there for those who havent seen spoils of 294 yet.

who else thinks zazie is a princess?
Old 2010-06-28, 16:37   Link #5737
DKN117

And this was hinted in an earlier Volume's Q&A, that had Akamatsu say that Zazie's "true form" would be revealed in the last arc.

ASIDE:
W40K fans: Looking at Tsukuyomi's behavior and mindset, would you consider her more of a Khorn follower's mentality or a Slaanesh follower's mentality? She obviously loves fighting and causing bloodshed & death (Khornate), but the pleasure she gets from it seems more sexual (Slaaneshi) than anything else. Can she be nailed down with one or the other?
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 17:57   Link #5738
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
And this was hinted in an earlier Volume's Q&A, that had Akamatsu say that Zazie's "true form" would be revealed in the last arc.
Are we expecting this to be the last arc?

I have trouble believing Zazie would be an enemy. I don't know what's going on here, but I don't think things are what they seem just yet.
Old 2010-06-28, 18:06   Link #5739
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
ASIDE:
W40K fans: Looking at Tsukuyomi's behavior and mindset, would you consider her more of a Khorn follower's mentality or a Slaanesh follower's mentality? She obviously loves fighting and causing bloodshed & death (Khornate), but the pleasure she gets from it seems more sexual (Slaaneshi) than anything else. Can she be nailed down with one or the other?
Slaaneshi can receive they kicks from bloodshed and death too. So with all other things accounted she is clearly one of them.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 19:08   Link #5740
GreatTeacherKen

Quote:
Are we expecting this to be the last arc?

I have trouble believing Zazie would be an enemy. I don't know what's going on here, but I don't think things are what they seem just yet.
I don't think this will be the last one, but I think the Magic World mega-arc might be the 2nd-to-last arc. As mentioned before, Akamatsu estimated that the manga will be around 400 chapters, and we still don't know what happened to Nagi/Arika; it'd make the story pointless if Negi never finds out.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy