AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

View Poll Results: Mou Hitotsu no Sekai OVA - Episode 03 Rating
Perfect 10 4 22.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 44.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 11.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-13, 05:33   Link #21
lHyDrAl

I was really frustrated that adult Negi had the same voice as young Negi, just doesn't work with her VA. I didn't mind so much for Kotarou though.
Old 2010-07-13, 20:24   Link #22
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lHyDrAl View Post
I was really frustrated that adult Negi had the same voice as young Negi, just doesn't work with her VA. I didn't mind so much for Kotarou though.
There's only so much a female voice actress can do to deepen her voice without sounding ridiculous.

Anyway, the chapters that were skipped make it even more clear that this OVA is only for those who've read the manga. You just lose too much otherwise. I did find it interesting that pretty much everything in the OP is from chapters that the episode itself hasn't even reached yet. Like the glimpse of Theo.

And despite all the cuts they had to make, there was still somehow time for the Asuna/Setsuna bath scene. Not that I'm complaining, since it means we got more wings. Wings make everything better!

And I have to admit, seeing Eternal Negi Fever animated was just awesome.
Old 2010-07-14, 14:40   Link #23
ZeroForever

eh... honestly i wish they would cast another VA for adult male voices instead of retaining the same VA, admittedly it's not financially worth it so it'll never happen but at least it's not as grating as other known cases like goku.
Old 2010-07-14, 19:55   Link #24
444yum
A person

Love the action (kinda reminds me of Naruto, except without the fillers xD) and as for the bathing scene, I am reminded of Satoshi and his violent ways on the aunt (higurashi reference) ^^;; Then again, both Satoshi and Setsuna are played by Yu Kobayashi, so that makes sense why I am reminded of the blood shed xD
Old 2010-07-17, 23:25   Link #25
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Wait, did they keep Rina Satou as Negi when he grew up? I had read they were going to use Nozomu Itoshiki's seiyuu for Grown Up Negi.

DESPAIR!! THE LOSS OF A PERFECT CHANCE TO SQUEEZE A 'DESPAIR' JOKE INTO NEGIMA HAS LEFT ME IN DESPAIR!!
Old 2010-07-18, 16:29   Link #26
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
Wait, did they keep Rina Satou as Negi when he grew up? I had read they were going to use Nozomu Itoshiki's seiyuu for Grown Up Negi.

DESPAIR!! THE LOSS OF A PERFECT CHANCE TO SQUEEZE A 'DESPAIR' JOKE INTO NEGIMA HAS LEFT ME IN DESPAIR!!
That's exactly what I thought was going to happen, too (which would probably be a better choice than having Satou do an older Negi as well, given what may happen in the movie if it does include
Spoiler: