AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-01-29, 20:05   Link #141
nfsac

Dunno, but the fact Kaoru is a girl this whole time, why did she hide her gender? It kinda reminds me of Mayo Chiki.

Also I think Ai is the one who got most development and the only to fight with Masuzu, who victory is almost certain.
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 21:47   Link #142
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
What are the chances Saijō Yura wiil join and expand Eita's harem ?
Who knows? But from what I've read, she was most likely introduced as a support character for Chiwa. In fact, on the first link for spoilers I posted, someone pointed out that, by volume 6 all the girls but Masuzu had someone rooting for them:
Chiwa has Saijō
Himeka has Mana
Ai has the Public Morals Committee

As for some spoilers:

Spoiler for Volume 6:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsac View Post
Also I think Ai is the one who got most development and the only to fight with Masuzu, who victory is almost certain.
I don't think Ai has much of a chance in the LN. Even larethian, Kunagisa and some Japanese posts I've read seem to point out neither Himeka nor Ai have much of a chance. That said, Ai has her own spin-off manga, so she'll probably win there.
Chiwa, on the other hand, is the person closest to Eita, confessed clearly by the end of volume 4 and kissed him, and then kissed him again in volume 5.
Old 2013-02-09, 16:20   Link #143
sky black swordman

I can't believe the anime shoved volume 2 into just 2 episodes.
They really ruined Hime's volume. I can't help but fear what they do to Ai's volume.
Old 2013-02-09, 16:54   Link #144
Uberchu

Quote:
They really ruined Hime's volume. I can't help but fear what they do to Ai's volume.
Look at the bright side. We're probably getting Volume 4 animated. Volume 3 could take 3 episodes and Volume 4 gets 4 episodes.
Uberchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 17:12   Link #145
Used Can

Whilst I do believe volume 2 was the volume to "sacrifice" in order to get volume 4 animated (assuming they do it), I find it terrible they left most of the comedy outside, and what they did adapt, was done in a bland, boring way.

If they do adapt volume 4, unless they do it in some amazing way, personally, I don't see the anime getting even decent sales. The direction has been... meh.
Old 2013-02-09, 17:14   Link #146
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Hey after Zero No tsukaima's one episode per volume crap even two episodes per volume doenst look that bad. Though granted that terrible rushing that they had in ZnT was one of the reasons why anime ruined it.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 17:20   Link #147
Uberchu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Whilst I do believe volume 2 was the volume to "sacrifice" in order to get volume 4 animated (assuming they do it), I find it terrible they left most of the comedy outside, and what they did adapt, was done in a bland, boring way.

If they do adapt volume 4, unless they do it in some amazing way, personally, I don't see the anime getting even decent sales. The direction has been... meh.
I'd say the direction was horrible. Volume 1 didn't deserve 4 episodes at all. If they just gave 3 episodes each to Volume 1 and Volume 2, the pace would be far better.
Uberchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 18:14   Link #148
Used Can

I agree. They made volume 1 too long and overdid Masuzu making a fool out of Chiwa. And Chiwa herself does nothing. I don't know how it was in the LNs, but in the manga at least she tried.
In addition, this second part barely even focused on Hime, and she was very important to the Jienotsu and Masuzu deciding to stay at the end.

The anime's pacing is horrible. The comedy bits are mediocre at best as well.
I understand vols 1-3 not being the best of Oreshura, but they could have tried to make that part enjoyable enough. It is sad considering the voice actors are good and the productions values are okay - though, I don't like the brightness, low colour contrast or whatever that makes it look as if there's some white layer over the anime (I understand they're trying to emulate Ruroo's way of colouring, but I don't think it looks good in the anime).

Anyhow, volume 6.5 of the LNs is coming out next week, I believe.
Old 2013-02-15, 02:22   Link #149
Used Can

Sorry for the double post again. Volume 6.5 is out. It seems it also has a story relating to the +H manga spin-off.
http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51383215.html

It seems Masuzu thought he was a homo at first,, haha.
Old 2013-02-17, 04:40   Link #150
little_hope

Hi,I have been reading this thread(and its really helpful because I couldn't find any other information about the story anywhere except here....I'm masuzu shipper btw but have no problem if other girls win in the end as long as the story is good)
so..what's happened in the last scene of volume 6 ?was it when eita received email from masuzu? I'm really curious about the story as I saw last illustration of novel 6(when eita and chiwa kissed again)

for the anime in my opinion, it seems they planned : 4 first episodes for chiwa arc/volume 1, 2 episodes for hime arc,3 episodes for ai arc,and then 4 last episodes for masuzu arc/volume 4,total 13 episodes
little_hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 05:53   Link #151
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_hope View Post
so..what's happened in the last scene of volume 6 ?was it when eita received email from masuzu?
Spoiler:
Old 2013-02-17, 09:21   Link #152
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Did the novel reveal anything about Mazusu's life? Like what's the reason she's freaking out when she hear or see her father? Also, volume 6 is the latest volume right?
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 12:57   Link #153
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Did the novel reveal anything about Mazusu's life? Like what's the reason she's freaking out when she hear or see her father?
You mean in the latest novel? As far as I know, no.
However, I think Mana(?) made it clear in volume 2 that Masuzu was some kind of china doll for their father, and he kept her to show her around. Not to mention he seems to be responsible for the disappearance of Masuzu's mother. That's about what we know. I wouldn't know if larethian knew more, by it seems he's really busy at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Also, volume 6 is the latest volume right?
The latest one would be volume 6.5. It came out last week.
Though, in chronological order, volume 6 would indeed be the latest one.
Old 2013-02-18, 05:31   Link #154
larethian

IIRC, Masuzu became the 'china doll' so as to score points for her mother. After her mother left, there was no reason for her to remain as her father's 'accessory' so she left. The apartment she's staying supposedly belongs to her Mom and she's waiting for her to come back, so as to speak.

Yes, I've been really busy with my work and family life, and I'm spending most of remaining my free time on a new visual novel that I have been looking forward to for quite a while. Consequently, I've accumulated a backlog of anime and other stuff, but I still managed to finish v6. Let's see what can I remember:

In volume 6 in brief
Spoilers
Spoiler for v6, enjoy
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Spoilers
Spoiler for my afterthoughts

Last edited by larethian; 2013-02-18 at 23:12. Reason: small fixes to spelling and stuff
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 06:55   Link #155
Used Can

Whatever happens, I believe vol.7 will be likely the point at which we know where OreShura is heading. With the story as it is now, I don't see the LN going for more than 10 volumes, and even that, I believe would be a bit too much. I see it ending at volume 8 or 9.

Spoiler for "Gospel of Luke:
Old 2013-02-18, 08:09   Link #156
NeutralZero

Still hoping for a Masuzu end...
That or a somewhat open end where other contenders are already out of the picture and its just Chiwa and Masuzu fighting for his affection...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 10:16   Link #157
kivredia

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
IIRC, Masuzu became the 'china doll' so as to score points for her mother. After her mother left, there was no reason for her to remain as her father's 'accessory' so she left. The apartment she's staying supposedly belongs to her Mom and she's waiting for her to come back, so as to speak.

Yes, I've been really busy with my work and family life, and I'm spending most of remaining my free time on a new visual novel that I have been looking forward to for quite a while. Consequently, I've accumulated a backlog of anime and other stuff, but I still managed to finish v6. Let's see what can I remember:

In volume 6 in brief
Spoilers
Spoiler for v6, enjoy

Spoilers
Spoiler for my afterthoughts
Thanks a lot for the summary. While I tend to favor Masuzu cause I'm not a fan of the whole childhood thingy and Chiwa isn't exactly my cup of tea, there are explanations for both endings. Sadly Ai is out of the race I guess.

Spoiler:
kivredia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 10:40   Link #158
erdii

actually ı really want read the light novel yet it's translation in BT has been updated. well the spoilers were detailed so thank a lot. this series is rare for me because ı generally don't support main female character. normally ı should be supporting Chiwa
Old 2013-02-18, 11:16   Link #159
Mentar
Banned

Based on larethian's summaries, ...

Spoiler:
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 17:55   Link #160
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivredia View Post
Thanks a lot for the summary. While I tend to favor Masuzu cause I'm not a fan of the whole childhood thingy and Chiwa isn't exactly my cup of tea, there are explanations for both endings. Sadly Ai is out of the race I guess.
Until Ai like Hime acknowledges that she is out of the race, she is still in it.

Spoiler for :

Tags
club, harem, romance, school life, shounen