AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-10-24, 00:32   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 607 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Spoilers are out...

Quote:
-Obito continues his flashback (but it's almost over, I promise ).

-He confronts Nagato and the original Akatsuki. Nagato appears moved by his words, but Yahiko instantly realizes that Obito only wants to use them for his own purposes (he even claims that Obito is lying about being Madara). Obito persists, and tells Nagato that when he realizes the foolishness of Yahiko's plan that they will meet again.

-Cut to the day of the Kyuubi attack. Obito, after sneaking into the village, witnesses Kakashi placing flowers on Rin's grave. He hears Kakashi telling Rin about the evenetual birth of Naruto. After Kakashi leaves, Obito appears and throws the flowers Kakashi brought to the wind.

-Cut to the attack. Obito calmly observes Minato preparing to confront the Kyuubi. His flashback then falls into another flashback, until finally he decides he cares nothing about Konoha and orders the Kyuubi to attack.

-Cut to the present, where Naruto begins his attack on Edo-Madara (E.Madara uses a Mokuton attack that defeat the Kyuubi in the past, but Naruto, having fully transformed into the beast, seems to be ripping it apart), and Obito prepares to fight Kakashi (and the leftovers).
No chapter next week.

Last edited by james0246; 2012-10-24 at 00:43.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 00:51   Link #2
ronin myael
lost ronin

chapter's out. i still find it kinda hard to believe that obito could go toe to toe against minato. all that positivity, goodness and compassion scrapped just because one girl died. this sort of reminds me of how naruto was able to change nagato just by talking to him. oh well, at least the flashback's done. time for the battles to begin.
Old 2012-10-24, 01:12   Link #3
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
chapter's out. i still find it kinda hard to believe that obito could go toe to toe against minato. all that positivity, goodness and compassion scrapped just because one girl died. this sort of reminds me of how naruto was able to change nagato just by talking to him. oh well, at least the flashback's done. time for the battles to begin.
without obito going after kushina and etc and was going against minato 1v1 i'd say he would have lost. minato figured out his tricks and what not. so...
Old 2012-10-24, 01:19   Link #4
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

I'm just glad that it seems that we are (temporally) finished with flashbacks. It will be nice to see some action between these opposing forces.
Old 2012-10-24, 01:24   Link #5
ranchan13

Finally, the flashback is over!
Had it been a full chapter, I'd have stopped reading completely. Thank god we finally see some of the actual story progressing again
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 01:29   Link #6
Rahan

Obito won't be able to beat a Kakashi won't doesn't have enough chakra to use MS anymore. (although it would be unlike Kishi if he didn't go "Kakashi said it was has last Kamui a while ago, but that was not true, in fact he can still 357 Kamui trollolol")

His one trick allowed him to resist Minato (but still lose) but take that from him and he sucks totally.

After all, we are talking of the guy who thinks the true power of Kamui is not the ability to one-shot people by teleporting parts of their body to the other dimension, but the ability to copy Tenten's chuunin exam attack by making weapons pop up from the other dimension ... This should say enough about his combat senses ...

And this is seriously annoying], we are going to have ANOOOOOOOOOOTHER flashback about Rin when it's apparent now no ones gives a shit about that ...
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 01:34   Link #7
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

so ironic.... I'll prefer if Naruto is the one who fought Obito because he need to take on revenge for his parents... but it's better for him to deal with the mastermind, Madara.... He's the only one now who can stand Madara...

I kinda feel sorry for Obito because everything he experienced... well, Kishimoto really did a great job in telling the flashback
now I also know who's grave Kakashi visited every morning (the reason why he always being late...)

and we got another break when everything almost reached the climax...
I wonder what can Naruto's friends do when they arrived?? their power is most likely useless in front of Madara... maybe they'll just arrive to congratulate Naruto's victory
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 01:39   Link #8
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
I wonder what can Naruto's friends do when they arrived?? their power is most likely useless in front of Madara... maybe they'll just arrive to congratulate Naruto's victory
They won't do a shit.
They were just here for the contrast
There was a chapter called the power of darkness (Sasuke all alone in the dark) followed or preceded by the power of radiance (everyone coming to Naruto)

They should not be taken in consideration. That was just irrelevant kiddy imagery and this doesn't have incidence on the plot.
For exemple, Sasuke found almost right away allies, his brother still loved him, Orochimaru respects him now, wised up and the sky cleared up or him... This is saying how relevant those chapters were. But if they were, to keep the contrast between Naruto and Sasuke, Kakashi would be the Mist spy who was supposed to capture Rin and he'd betray Naruto provoking a battle royale with the Rookies ...
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 01:48   Link #9
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

so now all the doubts are clear that it was obito all this time and not some other dude with long hair or such,
now looks like some real action is to begin, the fight between obito and kakashi
Old 2012-10-24, 01:57   Link #10
Sasukemaru
Banned

So the majority of this chapter was a flashback that didn't do anything to answer any questions...but ironically enough it managed to raise a new question if tobi was behind yahiko's death...

Not a lot of action when we come back to reality, naruto makes a useless statement about how madara is a zombie...idk if he was trying to hurt his poor zombie feelings, or if he just had nothing important to say...

Kakashi and tobi sau the same exact thing they said to one another the last time they talked, then the chapter ended...

Not a very good chapter, it failed to answer any questions and also failed to advance the story any, making the chapter even more disappointing is the fact there will be no new chapter next week.. .
Sasukemaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 02:49   Link #11
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Good chapter. Because we're back to the present and Rin got a last name, albeit of an unknown clan. As for the rest...yeah.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 02:53   Link #12
Excelion

Kishi playing up the student-teacher clash. I suppose you could argue that Obito, while outclassed, had the advantage in understanding how his teacher's techniques worked, though the flying rajin level 2 seemed to catch him by surprise. Minato probably learned that after Obito's departure from Konoha. Anyhow, Obito came prepared with those chains, but it just wasn't enough. He lost.
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 04:38   Link #13
levyian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
so now all the doubts are clear that it was obito all this time and not some other dude with long hair or such,
now looks like some real action is to begin, the fight between obito and kakashi
Well, unless i'm mistaken, there is still the question of who was controlling the fourth mizukage (though its probably madara since obito didn't really show his face and in that scene it seems Madara had revealed his face). But the Madara then had long black hair and the real Madara at the time had full gray hair.

Another question, during the scene with tobi and sasuke after sasuke's fight with Itachi, why did tobi tried to show sasuke his face? wouldn't sasuke know it's not madara when the real madara's face is all over the village (in some respect, like the final valley)
levyian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 06:41   Link #14
Shining Celebi
a

And what were the Uchiha doing the night of the kyuubi attack?
Shining Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 06:51   Link #15
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by levyian View Post
Well, unless i'm mistaken, there is still the question of who was controlling the fourth mizukage (though its probably madara since obito didn't really show his face and in that scene it seems Madara had revealed his face). But the Madara then had long black hair and the real Madara at the time had full gray hair.

Another question, during the scene with tobi and sasuke after sasuke's fight with Itachi, why did tobi tried to show sasuke his face? wouldn't sasuke know it's not madara when the real madara's face is all over the village (in some respect, like the final valley)
i don't think that madara is the only guy with long black hair, and we saw that obito's hair had grown long back then, and they are black as well, i guess you are only talking about the fourth mizukage controlling and not the other masked man appearances, and obito fooled everyone that he was madara, and madara's body was connected to mazou to survive, i am pretty sure when the masked man appeared before kisame with the mizukage in control, there wasn't a giant sculpture in that dungeon like temple

for your second question,till the fight between sasuke and itachi, sasuke spent his entire life to gain more power to kill his brother,the only person on his mind was itachi, why would he give a rat's ass about a person long lost in history who had completely no existence in his time, and in that scene after defeating his brother and realizing the truth when he was emotionally vulnerable and psychologically disturbed, why would he question to the identity of the man who told him the truth and that also by comparing him to a person who had become just a history chapter
Old 2012-10-24, 07:51   Link #16
mrShady

So Rin was killed because?.....
And apparently Tobi never thought much about Minato and didn't consider him hokage worthy till after fighting him?.....
But there's hope for Naruto's intelligence if Obito can become smart overnight so can he....right?. We can hope at least.
So yeah the plot muddles even further...
And over 2 weeks a Sasuke chapter to cover up the plotholes with small sticks held together by shit.
Still I have hope for some awesome fights.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 09:51   Link #17
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Did Kakashi manage to close his eye in the last page?
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 10:12   Link #18
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
They won't do a shit.
They were just here for the contrast
There was a chapter called the power of darkness (Sasuke all alone in the dark) followed or preceded by the power of radiance (everyone coming to Naruto
Nah, they'll do something. Kishi said as much when he gave that preview. I am talking about the Konoha 12. Not the fodder army. Fanservice is coming their way.

Naruto is going to get beat by Madara and will need to be saved. Remember the power of friendship garbage Itachi told him...and then he ignored? It will come back in this fight and Obito/Madara will learn valuable life lessons about the Will of Fire. Then Obito will have a HeelFace turn.

Friendship/love/heart always defeats the bad guys.

And Kishimoto really gave the manga's haters something to have fun with in that giant black panel. "I don't care anymore about it."

Last edited by Ulquiorra; 2012-10-24 at 10:40.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 10:40   Link #19
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Nah, they'll do something. Kishi said as much when he gave that preview. I am talking about the Konoha 12. Not the fodder army. Fanservice is coming their way.

Naruto is going to get beat by Madara and will need to be saved. Remember the power of friendship garbage Itachi told him...and then he ignored? It will come back in this fight and Obito/Madara will learn valuable life lessons about the Will of Fire. Then Obito will have a HeelFace turn.

Friendship/love/heart always defeats the bad guys.

And Kishimoto really gave the manga's haters something to have fun with in that giant black panel. "I don't care anymore about it." Breaking the fourth wall?
You left out the rainbows and ponies .... somehow i can't deny anything you've said though.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 11:19   Link #20
Black-Cat-Sama

So, according to this chapter, it was just Obito that fought the 4th and not him wearing the Zetsu suit (like he was when he appeared before Nagato, for whatever reason)...that still doesn't answer the arm falling off question. When he fought the 4th, his left arm turned to goo and fell off, but we know only Obito's right side had Zetsu cells implanted in it--so how'd that arm turn to goo in that fight?

I'm hoping it goes back into flashbacks a little later, to fill in more things, like why Kakashi had to kill Rin/did it by accident or whatever (This is an inevitable flashback on Kakashi's part imo).

But on the other side of flsahbacks, this just means that Kishi used the long-haired masked man just as an excuse to fool the reader with no real reason at all in story. Weak. Just like the lies against Konan. Guess that makes Obito the first manga character to groom his hair without any dramatic change/character development/realization to drive it.

We also need to see why he was so goofy and needed to ask his way into his own organization. Eh, won't get my hopes up. This'll end up like the Akatsuki rings, which never really meant anything and I guess should be forgotten
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion