AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2014-10-09, 08:55   Link #361
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
And what about those of us who aren't anime-only viewers? Do we not matter?

So, I don't count as part of the "community" because I've seen the VN...?
There's a game thread, a spoilers and speculation thread, and a comparison thread. As a VN reader, there's only two things you'd be able to say about an episode that involves spoilers (and thus not allowed in the regular episode thread), one of which is comparisons and goes in that thread, and the other of which involves future content and goes in the spoilers and speculation thread.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 13:13   Link #362
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So the main issue, in my opinion, isn't the source material. After all, that can continue in the spoilers and speculation thread. It's ancillary material like the DEENime, the movie, Fate/Zero, and even Carnival Phantasm and Prisma Illya. Where is that supposed to go? They can't go to the regular spoilers thread since they'd get source material spoilers. They can't go to the comparisons thread because they'd hit the same wall that source material readers have where they can't go beyond the current episode. And they have to tread the regular episode thread as if they don't know anything about the series itself despite all the other series. That's the issue, as I see it.
What would you propose for this? I think we have two main choices (but there may be more):

1. We could allow comparison to all Fate-related anime, as long as it's behind proper spoiler tags, and as long as it isn't talking about future content. So basically, we expand the current rule to also include comparisons to UBW Movie, Carnival Phantasm, and Prism Illya, when those comparisons are relevant and on-topic.

Or...

2. We could create a thread specifically for comparisons to other Fate-related anime adaptations, but NOT source material. This would basically be a comparison thread for anime-only viewers. But even in that case, I wonder if we may still want to require tags for the works being compared, because it isn't like everyone will necessarily have seen every anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
And what about those of us who aren't anime-only viewers? Do we not matter?

So, I don't count as part of the "community" because I've seen the VN...?
We always try our best to provide spaces where every topic can be discussed somehow. It may not always be in the exact form you prefer, and sometimes you may have to make concessions... but I don't think it's fair to say that VN readers are treated as if they don't matter just because they're not allowed to openly-discuss spoilers in episode threads. I am a VN reader for other shows, and have had to go to source/spoiler threads to do spoiler-based anime comparisons; it's quite possible to have conversations with fellow source readers that way, and to organize thoughts accordingly.

Anyway, the issue is still under consideration, but I just ask that you use the threads that are there for the purpose.
Old 2014-10-12, 13:28   Link #363
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
What would you propose for this? I think we have two main choices (but there may be more):

1. We could allow comparison to all Fate-related anime, as long as it's behind proper spoiler tags, and as long as it isn't talking about future content. So basically, we expand the current rule to also include comparisons to UBW Movie, Carnival Phantasm, and Prism Illya, when those comparisons are relevant and on-topic.

Or...

2. We could create a thread specifically for comparisons to other Fate-related anime adaptations, but NOT source material. This would basically be a comparison thread for anime-only viewers. But even in that case, I wonder if we may still want to require tags for the works being compared, because it isn't like everyone will necessarily have seen every anime.
This is tough, since too many threads ends up just diluting the content in each and people are less inclined to visit as many threads. Perhaps something like:

1) Prisma Illya anime (not manga) to be allowed in spoiler tags for episode threads, similar to Fate/Zero, since it doesn't spoil much of anything that Fate/Zero doesn't already spoil.

2) Convert the Fate/stay night UBW TV - Anime Spoilers, Speculation & Source Comparison thread to be just an adaptation comparison thread (so removing the source comparisons). For this, I'm not sure if everything should require spoiler tagging or not, but at the very least I'd say the UBW movie should be spoiler tagged since it's the same route. Perhaps Carnival Phantasm too, but I can't remember how many spoilers there are in there.

3) From there, the current pre-air speculation thread would continue to be the VN comparison thread as it pretty much had been since the anime was first announced almost a year ago.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-12, 23:19   Link #364
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I think that re-classifying the thread we already have isn't likely to work. I guess you could close the one we have now and create new ones.

I also don't think pre-air speculation should be co-opted into a spoiler thread. Really, it should be closed now, except for the fact that the movie got grouped in there. Discussing the TV anime after-airing really doesn't belong in that thread though (hence "pre-air").
Old 2014-10-13, 06:41   Link #365
brocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I also don't think pre-air speculation should be co-opted into a spoiler thread. Really, it should be closed now, except for the fact that the movie got grouped in there. Discussing the TV anime after-airing really doesn't belong in that thread though (hence "pre-air").
If that is the case, then I suggest removing UBW from the title. So it's clearly marked as a Heven's Feel anticipation thread.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 08:29   Link #366
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
If that is the case, then I suggest removing UBW from the title. So it's clearly marked as a Heven's Feel anticipation thread.
I second this suggestion.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 10:25   Link #367
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Shouldn't the ep2 tread be up?
Old 2014-10-18, 13:08   Link #368
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Where is the EP2 thread? It's already released in "all forms"!
Old 2014-10-18, 15:05   Link #369
HtwoN

Hmm, any MOD can make the episode 2 discussion thread?
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 15:07   Link #370
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Just got back home. Done.
Old 2014-12-11, 03:43   Link #371
Nayim

Request:

Fate/stange Fake (Light novel) is now a thing. Sorry if I can't find there was already exist of Fate/strange Fake sub forum.
Old 2014-12-12, 07:35   Link #372
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayim View Post
Request:

Fate/stange Fake (Light novel) is now a thing. Sorry if I can't find there was already exist of Fate/strange Fake sub forum.
Could you (or someone) prepare an opening post that explains the project, what it is, what it's about (etc.) and post it here? We could use that to start the new thread.
Old 2014-12-12, 10:08   Link #373
Nayim

Fate/Strange Fake is a novel series by Ryohgo Narita, most known as the author of Baccano and Durarara!!. Fate/Strange Fake was announced on April 1st 2008. Originally a single bonus novel included with TYPE-MOON Ace, with an afterword by the author and illustrations by Shizuki Morii.

Until 2014 September, it was recently announced that Fate/Strange Fake would finally be officially published as a light novel series.

Spoiler for Synopsis:

The light novel with comic illustration of first volume will release on next year 10 January 2015.

Official video.

You can read the original novel from Nakulas website.
Old 2015-01-09, 06:47   Link #374
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Gotta Catch them A---wait, what?

FATE: CAPSULE SERVANT:
http://youtu.be/UeRJ-vjQRQU

It's a side-game included with the PS Vita release of Fate Hollow Ataraxia, but...I think that it may deserve it's own thread? Or is there a thread specifically for Type-Moon's self-parody games?

Mainly because the game thread has lots of spoiler ans Serious Business types in it. I think a separate thread for the comedy/parody games where we can be a lot less pedantic about game storyline and chronology woudl be nice.

Last edited by wavehawk; 2015-01-09 at 06:59.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 10:14   Link #375
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

New Heaven's Feel manga announced:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/n...s-manga/.86659

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANN
The May issue of Kadokawa's Young Ace magazine is announcing on Saturday that manga artist Taskohna will launch the manga adaptation of the Fate/stay night game's "Heaven's Feel" route in the following issue on May 2. The May issue is running a 25-page prologue. The manga will adapt Sakura's route from Type-Moon's game.
Old 2015-04-04, 10:44   Link #376
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

First 2nd-cour UBW episode aired already (RAW). Thread(s) please!

Last edited by GreyZone; 2015-04-04 at 10:54.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-22, 04:20   Link #377
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Need to ask about opening a thread up for voice actor appreciation. I don't think there is one since I tried to look.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-22, 07:25   Link #378
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Can we have a favorite character poll thread for UBW after the final episode is aired?

If there are to many characters to include for one poll. It would be good if the limit for a poll could be increased, so all char can fit in one poll.
Old 2015-06-25, 03:09   Link #379
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
If there are to many characters to include for one poll. It would be good if the limit for a poll could be increased, so all char can fit in one poll.
Could you (or others) start to compile a list of who all should be included in the poll? The list could be posted here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Need to ask about opening a thread up for voice actor appreciation. I don't think there is one since I tried to look.
Thread's up!
Old 2015-06-25, 04:10   Link #380
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

UBW Favorite Characters poll options, from just important characters to the anime's plotline:

Shirou Emiya
Rin Tohsaka
Soichirou Kuzuki
Ilyasviel von Einzbern
Shinji Matou
Kirei Kotomine
Saber
Archer
Lancer
Rider
Caster
Assassin
Berserker
Gilgamesh

Left out Sakura, Taiga, and Issei because they contribute next to nothing to the UBW anime's plotline. I'd almost include Rider in that as well.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2015-06-25 at 04:20.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote