AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

Old 2010-01-09, 20:34   Link #201
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Wasn't one of the guys in the online chat the one with the glasses that was part of the kidnapping scenario calling himself Kanra-san? He's using a female avatar. He wears a lab coat in the OP. Offline called Nakura.
Um, I believe those are two separate characters. Shinra Kishitani (a doctor) is the man who appeared in the lab coat in the OP but the other man (whose handle I forgot, the girl mentioned it when they met) appears to have been offed by Celty and a gang member too.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 20:49   Link #202
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Um, I believe those are two separate characters. Shinra Kishitani (a doctor) is the man who appeared in the lab coat in the OP but the other man (whose handle I forgot, the girl mentioned it when they met) appears to have been offed by Celty and a gang member too.
2 separate chats imo. First chat started day before but continued the day after the events transpired when Nakura (info broker) using a female avatar entered the chat room and started talking about the missing girls and tried to get Mikado to meet him offline. Nakura had to catch up in the thread. That's why Nakura keeps mentioning Dotachin with Mikado wondering who that person was. Dotachin was the guy who got hit by the scythe at the end imo.

Last edited by orion; 2010-01-09 at 21:04.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 21:29   Link #203
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
How many episodes will this be?
At this point nobody knows. I'm hearing 24 or, 12 but, it's likely 12 looking at BB's track record.

24 would certainly be nice though.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 22:19   Link #204
TakumiFuji

Surprisingly good even though didn't like the headless horseman theme at first but now can't wait for the next ep.
TakumiFuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 22:47   Link #205
Kunagisa

Quote:
2 separate chats imo. First chat started day before but continued the day after the events transpired when Nakura (info broker) using a female avatar entered the chat room and started talking about the missing girls and tried to get Mikado to meet him offline. Nakura had to catch up in the thread. That's why Nakura keeps mentioning Dotachin with Mikado wondering who that person was. Dotachin was the guy who got hit by the scythe at the end imo.
I think the chatroom is more like some kind of message board, because the "logs" can be read by everyone, so really the entire "chat" is more or less continuous.

Spoiler for First Chat:

Spoiler for Second Chat:

Spoiler for Speculation:
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 22:49   Link #206
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I think the chatroom is more like some kind of message board, because the "logs" can be read by everyone, so really the entire "chat" is more or less continuous.
There was no indication whether he had just joined at that point or had stopped idling.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 22:53   Link #207
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
There was no indication whether he had just joined at that point or had stopped idling.
You might be right about that. Yet, the point stands that there has to be a skip in the conversation time frame based on the other things I typed.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 22:53   Link #208
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Definitely going to be following this one. I also found the ED strangely addicting, even though I generally don't go for this sort of music.
Old 2010-01-09, 23:07   Link #209
Vicious108

Both the OP and ED are excellent.

However, though Baccano's OP made it easy to remember the characters, it's gonna be harder with Durarara, since its character designs, albeit quite appealing, just aren't as distinct.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 23:20   Link #210
tsunade666

I just watch the first episode and its good. Just what I expected though it didn't exceeded what I initially thought of it. But still good.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 00:05   Link #211
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Ah, in the novel it's pretty clear that the chats are over two different days, some day before Mikado comes to Ikebukuro and then the day that he does. But the chatters all seem to be the same for both days, Mikado and then two others who are familiar with the area. And I must say, these chats are so much easier to understand in the anime, color coordination really straightens out whose talking to who.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 02:27   Link #212
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Just got around watching episode 1 and it really does seem like a series I would enjoy. The characters introduced so far seem pretty likable and the setting has that nice, modern feel that I like. Has all the makings for a fun series.

It's probably been asked before, so forgive me, but what's the official spelling of this series? Dhurarara!! or Durarara!!? From the official website, it seems like it's Durarara!! Is that right?
Old 2010-01-10, 04:45   Link #213
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
However, though Baccano's OP made it easy to remember the characters, it's gonna be harder with Durarara, since its character designs, albeit quite appealing, just aren't as distinct.
I think they're very distinct, though if you're having a hard time, just label a character's name to their clothes.

& regarding the phone chat, it was on my second watch that it seemed more like each chat was separated over a few days, especially the one regarding the black motorcycle. So i'm pretty much agreeing with stuopidget's earlier post.
Old 2010-01-10, 04:53   Link #214
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

I knew it! I wouldn't be disappointed! My most anticipated show this season turned out to be as good as I've expected! YAY! I love the first episode so much~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sxerks View Post
I started an open wiki for this if anyone is interested. Durarara Wiki
Whoa You're so awesome *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigalSon View Post
But why does Mikado think Izaya Orihara is a weird name?
I'd like to know that too. It doesn't seem to be a common name, but I don't see what's weird with it either x_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
BTW: I am the only one who can't stop listening to the OP? IMO it's best this season and the ED is pretty decent too.
You're definitely not alone but I'm listening to BOTH. Can no longer count how many times they've played *they're in continuous playing. Only those tracks xD*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmkharuhiism View Post
It's probably been asked before, so forgive me, but what's the official spelling of this series? Dhurarara!! or Durarara!!? From the official website, it seems like it's Durarara!! Is that right?
Anime and manga uses Durarara!! but novel romanizations use Dullalala. The latter seems more appropriate because of the dullahan reference, but majority use the spelling with the "R's". In other words, any spelling would be okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auria View Post
Spoiler for forgot his name already:

Okay, he only spoke one line within the whole episode but I already feel like he's going to be my favorite character can't decide whether there's really something wrong with me for liking one character more like the whole cast of another show if he has spoken only one line or paafekuto female intuition
If he does end up as your favorite character, then join me in Izaya worshipping xD LOLz
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 05:11   Link #215
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire-pyro View Post
I'd like to know that too. It doesn't seem to be a common name, but I don't see what's weird with it either x_x
Actually Izaya is REALLY an uncommon name in Japanese. So far I never encountered Izaya (let alone a kanji for "Iza" compound unless I make that up) in any list of possible name readings.

Notice that you can't really read Izaya's first kanji (臨) as "Iza" in any ordinary way Although I would love for someone to explain this more properly than I am...

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 06:28   Link #216
Rima-Chan
lurker

Guys, where can i watch the first episode? I can't find it anywhere TT_TT I realy want to see this anime.
Rima-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 07:26   Link #217
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Actually Izaya is REALLY an uncommon name in Japanese. So far I never encountered Izaya (let alone a kanji for "Iza" compound unless I make that up) in any list of possible name readings.

Notice that you can't really read Izaya's first kanji (臨) as "Iza" in any ordinary way Although I would love for someone to explain this more properly than I am...
Hmmm . . . then maybe what made his name weird is because it's THAT uncommon? Maybe there's no such a name at all even o_o

Weird character with a weird name . . . how does he keep on delighting me xD Hahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rima-Chan View Post
Guys, where can i watch the first episode? I can't find it anywhere TT_TT I realy want to see this anime.
As you may see in the thread title, it's licensed by CR = Crunchyroll. So you can definitely see it there
Old 2010-01-10, 08:12   Link #218
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auria View Post
Spoiler for forgot his name already:

Okay, he only spoke one line within the whole episode but I already feel like he's going to be my favorite character can't decide whether there's really something wrong with me for liking one character more like the whole cast of another show if he has spoken only one line or paafekuto female intuition
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire-pyro View Post

If he does end up as your favorite character, then join me in Izaya worshipping xD LOLz
I'm in line with you guys also.
Old 2010-01-10, 08:30   Link #219
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I believe my sig does the job of who has a high chance of being my favorite male in the show.
Old 2010-01-10, 08:57   Link #220
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Quote:
I'm in line with you guys also.
HOORAY! xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I believe my sig does the job of who has a high chance of being my favorite male in the show.
Don't make it just a "high chance". Consider him your favorite male already :P His presence is already awesome. His one line in the first episode is enough to make the episode's awesomeness level go much much higher. Mwahahaha!

Okay, I better shut up before people get scared of my Izaya obsession. Hahahahah!

Tags
action, light novel adaptation, shounen