AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-01-21, 15:37   Link #1621
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Actually, there's an even simpler explanation. Pentacost told math guy to get to glasses guy as soon as they saw Gipsy was safe. After that, there was the stuff with the working crews, which glasses guy asked "why is it taking so long?" Then the Kaiju baby came out and the chaos and stuff, and after that the math guy showed up. So math guy was on his way while all that was happening, at which point he could have arrived right then.
Possible, but I don't remember it being shown quite that way (admittedly, I only saw the film once, and that was about half a year ago). It wasn't quite a straight cut or a match cut, but I didn't get the impression that much time had passed between the baby's death and the bespectacled man going to help the Always Sunny guy.

A more likely answer is alien physiology .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 15:41   Link #1622
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Possible, but I don't remember it being shown quite that way (admittedly, I only saw the film once, and that was about half a year ago). It wasn't quite a straight cut or a match cut, but I didn't get the impression that much time had passed between the baby's death and the bespectacled man going to help the Always Sunny guy.

A more likely answer is alien physiology .
There was lots of time for math guy to get there.

Flow of events by scene:

Battle ends and Gipsy is safe; Pentacost tells math guy to help glasses guy.
Amount of time passes while the black market guys are slowly working, glasses guy asks what's taking so long; Kaiju baby comes out, attacks, dies.
Math guy is seen with glasses guy while glasses guy sets up drift with Kaiju baby.
Old 2014-01-21, 15:56   Link #1623
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Now you're exaggerating a bit. If the Kaiju had been in the city and attacking while they were evacuating like in a Godzilla movie, yes they would have panicked and trampled each other. But we clearly saw that this wasn't the case; the bridge was completely empty showing that this wasn't a last minute evacuation, so there'd be much less panic and much more order. And after the first city was wiped out and all their attacks doing nothing, the government would have gotten ahead of the ball with evacuating, and gotten people out of the cities in its path even sooner.
Yes, and things going so well is completely unrealistic, is the point I'm trying to make. (Of course, it's a movie about giant monsters fighting giant robots, so who cares?) Still, if one's going to nitpick as the sins guys did, then yes, the death toll is absurdly low.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 16:00   Link #1624
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yes, and things going so well is completely unrealistic, is the point I'm trying to make. (Of course, it's a movie about giant monsters fighting giant robots, so who cares?) Still, if one's going to nitpick as the sins guys did, then yes, the death toll is absurdly low.
I'm not saying the evacuation goes well, but people trampling each other when there's no immediate danger isn't a law of life either. They'll be rushing and probably panicking, but a mad dash for the exits like in Dante's Peak when the mountain first pops would be extreme when there's nothing actually happening yet.
Old 2014-01-21, 16:13   Link #1625
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Indeed. Since it's such an incredible event, people would be slow to get started. Even for well understood natural disasters, you'll find plenty of people who insist on staying home. Until it's too late. And then they trample each other.

Besides, I doubt the government would have a plan to evacuate whole cities, so there'd be a lot of confusion among the very people coordinating the evacuation.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 07:39   Link #1626
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

*chants necromancy spell to revive thread*

Quote:
AUSTIN — Director Guillermo del Toro is currently working on a script for a sequel to his 2013 international hit Pacific Rim.

While promoting his new FX series The Strain at the Austin Television Festival, del Toro told BuzzFeed that he and screenwriter Zak Penn (X-Men: The Last Stand, The Incredible Hulk) have started work on a screenplay for Pacific Rim 2.

“I’m working very, very hard with Zak Penn,” he told BuzzFeed. “We’ve been working for a few months now in secret. We found a way to twist it around. Travis Beacham [co-writer of the first film, now working on Fox’s Hieroglyph] was involved in the storyline and now I’m writing with Zak because Travis has become a TV mogul.”

While the filmmaker stressed that Legendary Pictures has not formally agreed to put the script into production, he said that he and Penn are working on it as if it will be made one day.
>> Source <<
Old 2014-06-08, 09:16   Link #1627
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Looks like they've cancelled this Apocalypse alright
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 12:01   Link #1628
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well at least they are working on that script. Would be nice to see that sequel. Some good fun monster vs mech action .
Old 2014-06-08, 18:12   Link #1629
ImperialKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
*chants necromancy spell to revive thread*

>> Source <<
Well as the article pointed out the movie was a modest hit domestically but made a killing overseas (China of all places).

And given how good Godzilla did hopefully that gives a green light to do a sequel.
ImperialKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-04, 02:21   Link #1630
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Pacific Rim: The Black trailer for Japan, although it's in English with Japanese subs.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Just waiting one more month.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-07, 14:27   Link #1631
Galaxian

Watched the Netflix series. Very clunky at parts, but over all very enjoyable. Surprisingly darker than the movie.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad ass, mecha, monster