AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 23 54.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 21.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 19.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 4.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-05-30, 17:49   Link #41
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Not brain dead, but yes, machines. They don't actually have a choice in the matter.

Anyway, taking a step back here because I don't want to come across too strongly here. Still though, unlike you, I think the counter guardian argument makes almost no sense, since they are only summoned when the world is at stake. On the other hand, staying in spirit form for about a day while expending no mana for anything except simply existing seems pretty doable. I mean, Archer started fading after shooting just the one arrow.

Also, this is Shirou we're talking about. Hanging on by a thread of his life so he can do a crucial last thing sounds like just the thing he'd do.

Last edited by Dengar; 2015-05-30 at 18:07.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-30, 18:19   Link #42
zero7090

to next ep they establish mana connection, will we finally see H-scene?
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-30, 19:00   Link #43
Arkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
to next ep they establish mana connection, will we finally see H-scene?
It's this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Up next, Sex. Or Dolphins. One of those two.
Well it's been one of the other for the VN vs the movie adaption. In theory couldn't it be both? Oh wait that just sounds wrong...
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-30, 19:10   Link #44
Rogue66

Good episode the final between Archer and Shirou was well done.
Rogue66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-30, 19:19   Link #45
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I think this all but confirms the idea that Archer's final appearance in this route is a result of the counter force as many fans suspected .

I dunno which theory I like more.

If he gets summoned as a counter force to finish off Gil...it's just way too convenient. I think that would imply Alaya is capable of compassion (All right, just this once, we'll let you go save the people you care about)

If he survived getting blasted, it's weird that none of the people in the room that were staring at him noticed his vanishing act. The servants should at least be able to sense that he's still alive.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how the anime deals with it.
Old 2015-05-30, 19:36   Link #46
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Man, Shinji's death was hardcore
Old 2015-05-30, 19:38   Link #47
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Oh wow! I didn't expect a Fate/Extra reference in there. Incidentally, if you want to find out more about Archer's past, you need to play it. It's the only place where you can get his backstory. It's also really nice to see what happened to him after the events of F/SN and more particularly UBW.

You're thinking way too much and looking at this too mechanically. That was Shirou's UBW. Archer's reality marble turned into Shirou's as a result of Shirou overcoming his will. It's supposed to be symbolic. And it was very well done, definitely my favorite part of the episode.
I assumed Shirou's UBW to be like in the original, burning with fire and with a dark red sky. But maybe I am thinking way too much. Curse my engineer soul for thinking too much all the time.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-30, 19:43   Link #48
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaulek View Post
This?
Oh god this scene. No man can be manlier than Archer.

Last edited by iamandragon; 2015-05-30 at 20:36.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-30, 19:57   Link #49
Jerseykid

So Shirou won because of talk no jutsu?
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-30, 19:58   Link #50
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
I dunno which theory I like more.

If he gets summoned as a counter force to finish off Gil...it's just way too convenient. I think that would imply Alaya is capable of compassion (All right, just this once, we'll let you go save the people you care about)

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how the anime deals with it.
Perhaps Alaya saw Gilgamesh as a potential disaster this time, seeing as he openly declared he would pour the grail content onto the world. If Gil survived he might try something else. Maybe not anytime soon, or in years, but eventually as long as Gil's mind is set he would seek out something like that.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-30, 20:16   Link #51
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

Dare I copy pasta a bit of my analysis from FB?
I do.

Rewatching the ep (and wiping residual tears), I realized Shirou took a hit at all the swords launched at him in UBW RM.
Considering last ep where we got the implying that swords=Archer's suffering, it basically shows that Shirou, even in his current powerlessness, even in his inability to knock down gigantic suffering (big ass swords) which could even drag him back to a low point (big ass swords dragging him back even with Shirou projecting Kansho Bakuya set) he would stand back up, even with a near broken white ideal (OP 1 and the white sword Shirou held) and run harder, stronger, faster to reach the top, all to reach out and save the lonely one at the top and thus give an answer as to why he kept with that ideal to the end.
well from this shot, the analysis of swords and projection gets better.
The limp left hand of Shirou which is exposed and shows more wounds than the right is just holding onto an incomplete projection whereas Shirou's right is covered and has a formed sword. See the left side of Shirou's face which has a wound? A formed projection is protecting that wounded side which is logical, but even then, the left side of Shirou's face doesn't have a wound and yet a limp arm with an incomplete projection is protecting it. This shows that for Shirou, regardless if you are up to shape or not, whether HE is up to shape or not, he would go on and protect people, even if he breaks or is already broken
#betteranimation #betterediting
Rev Okkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-30, 20:56   Link #52
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Perhaps Alaya saw Gilgamesh as a potential disaster this time, seeing as he openly declared he would pour the grail content onto the world. If Gil survived he might try something else. Maybe not anytime soon, or in years, but eventually as long as Gil's mind is set he would seek out something like that.
Yeah but the counter force really only performs cleanup after stuff has already gone to shit.

Also, I wouldn't get my hopes up to see some steaming hot sex. I'm guessing it'll be dolphins. On the slight chance that it's not going to be dolphins, I'm fairly certain there will only be the implication of it.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-30, 20:58   Link #53
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

If they go the dolphin route, let's hope that Rin's reactions to after the ritual are altered, 'cause that really only worked for the original tantric ritual scene.
Old 2015-05-30, 21:02   Link #54
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Man, Shinji's death was hardcore
assuming he actually dies when he is killed
Old 2015-05-30, 21:33   Link #55
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Yeah but the counter force really only performs cleanup after stuff has already gone to shit.

Also, I wouldn't get my hopes up to see some steaming hot sex. I'm guessing it'll be dolphins. On the slight chance that it's not going to be dolphins, I'm fairly certain there will only be the implication of it.
IIRC, it does preemptive things too.. Like that one boy.. what's his name from the Garden of Sinners movie.. the sprinter. not!Shirou dude
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-30, 22:05   Link #56
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
IIRC, it does preemptive things too.. Like that one boy.. what's his name from the Garden of Sinners movie.. the sprinter. not!Shirou dude
Tomoe Enjou?
Old 2015-05-30, 23:15   Link #57
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaulek View Post
This?
Visual novel edition:
Archer pushed him away.
Archer pushed him the second time, saying that he must beat him.

Anime edition:
Archer is the target.
Second time, Archer and Shirou are both targets.
Old 2015-05-30, 23:30   Link #58
The One Above God
Kamijou

Shinji writhing in pain is sure fun to watch .

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-31, 00:27   Link #59
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Best scene:
1) Touma Lancer punches Shinji. Lancer later gives Shinji a little stab.
2) Gilgamesh gut punches Shinji.
Old 2015-05-31, 00:40   Link #60
The One Above God
Kamijou

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Best scene:
1) Touma Lancer punches Shinji. Lancer later gives Shinji a little stab.
2) Gilgamesh gut punches Shinji.
Too bad Shinji never got punched by Berserker...

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote