Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2021-03-15, 19:45   Link #801
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
To me, it reads more like that cured Satoko's mind returned back into her L5 body when she started looping, which is absolutely correct, as only her mind travels through the shards. Otherwise, we'd have highschool satoko running around killing Rika.
The point is that JK Satoko, who was cured, was shown to be a complete psycho, so while the syndrome may make things worse, it's not what drover her nuts.
Old 2021-03-15, 22:11   Link #802
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Otherwise, we'd have highschool satoko running around killing Rika.
Highschool Satoko did kill Rika. In fact that's the very first time she killed Rika, no it's more correct to say that that was the first time she took the conscious decision to kill someone, and that includes all the 100 year iterations experienced by Rika. If there's a point where Satoko first started her serial murder spree, it was precisely when she was in High School.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-16, 11:03   Link #803
maximilianjenus
[E]

random post.
i really like how the op reminds me of yunos op while the ending reminda me of umineko.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-16, 14:54   Link #804
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Highschool Satoko did kill Rika. In fact that's the very first time she killed Rika, no it's more correct to say that that was the first time she took the conscious decision to kill someone, and that includes all the 100 year iterations experienced by Rika. If there's a point where Satoko first started her serial murder spree, it was precisely when she was in High School.
You totally tore that one out of context... If it had stayed with it's context it would mean that high school-age Satoko is the one killing YOUNG Rika, and Satoko herself is either missing completely, or exists twice. (i.E. HS Satoko being in 1983 Hinamizawa)

And since that isn't the case, Satoko is therefore back in her 1983 body, meaning she is currently under L5 influence. (See the tilling scene)

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-16, 17:54   Link #805
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
And since that isn't the case, Satoko is therefore back in her 1983 body, meaning she is currently under L5 influence. (See the tilling scene)
I'm not really sure what are you trying to suggest with that. If you are trying to suggest that HS is even remotely the reason Satoko decided to kill Rika multiple times, the fact that she first took the decision to kill Rika in High School disproves that. In addition every other important decision was taken in the sea of fragments where she can't be affected by HS either.

Also claiming that Satoko is under the influence of L5 is really wrong, as everything suggests that Irie's successfully managed to suppress all the major symptoms of the illness, as in 100 years of looping Satoko never killed anyone, nor she even tried or thought of doing something like that unlike many of her friends.

Old 2021-03-16, 19:05   Link #806
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Also claiming that Satoko is under the influence of L5 is really wrong, as everything suggests that Irie's successfully managed to suppress all the major symptoms of the illness, as in 100 years of looping Satoko never killed anyone, nor she even tried or thought of doing something like that unlike many of her friends.
She killed Keiichi in Tatarigoroshi, an arc where she was under heavy stress. If she stops taking her shots, she can reach L5, but I don't think she'd do that since she would want to have her mind clear. And in retrospect it's obvious she was faking being L5 in Nekodamashi (those were pretty light scratches).
Old 2021-03-17, 03:50   Link #807
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
I'm not really sure what are you trying to suggest with that. If you are trying to suggest that HS is even remotely the reason Satoko decided to kill Rika multiple times, the fact that she first took the decision to kill Rika in High School disproves that. In addition every other important decision was taken in the sea of fragments where she can't be affected by HS either.

Keiichi was already mentioned, so let's add Mion to that list.
That's pretty much the solution to the Mansion mystery. Satoko first killed Mion, and then herself. Or, alternatively, they killed each other.
Because, unlike movies often suggest, the gun doesn't stay in your hand when you commit gun suicide, so the gun being a bit away from her is totally normal.
Also, let's not forget that the gun on scene was a different model than the one Mion pulled out of the drawer...

In any event, her 1983 body still hs HS, no matter the stage, she only got fully cured AFTER becoming a middle schooler.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-17, 07:59   Link #808
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
She killed Keiichi in Tatarigoroshi, an arc where she was under heavy stress. If she stops taking her shots, she can reach L5
I had forgotten about that, but as you mentioned it was a situation where she stopped taking her medication for a while, so that still doesn't disprove the fact that Irie successfully blocked all the dangerous HS effects.

Quote:
Keiichi was already mentioned, so let's add Mion to that list.
You are talking about Watadamashi? That's not part of the 100 years of looping experienced by Rika. It is something that happened after Satoko already decided to kill several people as part of her plan.

Quote:
In any event, her 1983 body still hs HS, no matter the stage, she only got fully cured AFTER becoming a middle schooler.
Nobody is denying that, but why do you think it is relevant? It has nothing to do with Satoko's murder spree. It is not because of a HS that was put in complete check by her medications that she began her plan to break Rika's mind.

Old 2021-03-17, 17:05   Link #809
The Creator
Golden Emperor

One episode to go. I don't really like where they have taken the story and characters. Doubt we will have a satisfactory ending in just one episode.

Now that we know that Satoko can loop to whenever she wants I wonder if the episode is called "Village Destroying" because she will loop back to when she killed her parents and prevent that, thus ensuring that the Pro-faction wins and the village gets washed away.
The Creator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-17, 19:39   Link #810
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Creator View Post
One episode to go. I don't really like where they have taken the story and characters. Doubt we will have a satisfactory ending in just one episode.
There's a whole cour left.
Old 2021-03-18, 11:01   Link #811
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Higurashi Sotsu confirmed... to be airing in July.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-18, 12:21   Link #812
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I'm glad it's confirmed to air in July. Not sure I could endure going right into the next arc. A season away from this will be a good refresh.

The extra season seemed a given. Even a poorly done ending wouldn't have much time to work with at the pace they were going. Now they can just set things up for the final cour. Can hopefully drift back to the protagonists now that they've extensively set up the motivations and behaviors of the antagonist.
Old 2021-03-18, 12:24   Link #813
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Funny thing (not mine remark, one of my aquitances made it):

Sotsu 卒 (Death) + Gou 業 (Karma) = Sotsugyo 卒業 (Graduation)
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-18, 12:26   Link #814
Marina2

Satoko literally brute forced the password of the case LOL.

So.....Satoko 'accidentally' fixed the Hinamizawa Tragedy with her looping which forced her to do the "curse" by herself in Gou to trap Rika in Hanamizawa and she doesn't mind to use other friends as a tool to do so.

Wow, I wish 'this' Satoko get no redemption arc and get beaten hard.

Now, the question is what kind of miracle will Rika pull out.
Old 2021-03-18, 16:50   Link #815
Gerard07

Hello everyone!!!!, I integrate me to the forum, sorry if my English is bad, I'm still learning.
Regarding the anime, I liked it a lot, it has made it clear that it is a sequel and an exploitation of other characters like Satoko has been good (which I understand in a certain way, but I think it goes beyond the line).
I think the second season has been confirmed in July, right? I hope other characters like Keiichi, Mion, Shion and Rena have their moments.
You clarify something for me, next week there is a chapter or will we have to wait for the second season in July?
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-18, 17:10   Link #816
MCAL

I was wondering how Satoko was going to justify using her friends and family to accomplish her goals and this was about what I was expecting. Honestly the way she claims she'll reach her perfect world in her normal happy voice was chilling.

Untill Sotsu...
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-18, 17:24   Link #817
Dextro
He Without a Title

So I watched the episode at last and, while I don't have first hand knowledge of Umineko, there's nothing in the episode to confirm any sort of connection yet afaict. There's a high likelihood that the speculation might be correct but we really don't know anything yet.

My overall impression of the season continues being that it was some 6 or 7 episodes too long. At least one of the arcs in the middle could have easily been cut or shortened to not drag things out that much. And the final arc was way too long for so little content

Also: still can't believe they turned Satoko into a clear cut Yandere for Rika. I mean that was one amazing final Satoko shot though. Really bringing the Mirai Nikki Yuno vibes
Old 2021-03-18, 17:37   Link #818
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Yes, you shouldn't worry about any Umineko connections. Knowing that work could potentially makes you enjoy/grin when it comes to the references, but in term of the plot devices and narrative, it is definitely Higurashi. It is all about "breaking out of the circle of fate" and whatnot, whereas Umineko is all about "love", logic gymnastics and so forth.
Old 2021-03-18, 17:53   Link #819
The Green One

Satoko's obsession with Rika is blinding her to all else. Her other friends are considered tools as best, collateral damage at worst.

I wonder if Satoko has even considered "And then what?" if her so called goal is "completed." Just loop forever?
Old 2021-03-18, 18:45   Link #820
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

What kind of third rate password system gives you an error the moment you type a single digit wrong? I suppose it's made it so it locks itself immediately in that case, but it should still wait for the full password. Needless to say this flaw makes the brute force approach a lot easier, but it would still require several attempts. I think it would have simply been easier if Satoko tried to spy the code while Takano was inputting it, it would have probably required less attempts before she succeeded without being spotted. I mean she could have even barged in the room at the very moment Takano inputted the last digit, it didn't matter if she was caught in that instant as long as she could glance at the password.

Anyway 90% of the episode was just confirming stuff we pretty much already figured out. Takano just went the same route of Teppei and Satoko stole the virus thus gaining the necessary tool for her plan to succeed. The stage is set for the various damashi arcs (I suppose there's nothing else in between).

What we didn't know for sure was if Satoko was aware that the fragments keep existing after she loops. Apparently she doesn't, or if she does she convinced herself that they don't. Eua didn't say anything, maybe because it's more convenient for her if Satoko just keep thinking that way.

Still there's one major flaw in Satoko's plan, and it's amazing how she can't see how that renders her plan anything but certain. The more she loops the more people remember and that's completely outside of her control; worse yet, she can't undo that. Exactly how can she be sure that Rika and the other friends won't remember stuff they aren't supposed to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
I wonder if Satoko has even considered "And then what?" if her so called goal is "completed." Just loop forever?
Her goal is simply to reach a point where Rika abandons any idea of leaving Hinamizawa. She doesn't plan to do any other loop after that. I guess she never really considered whether Eua would just leave her alone once that happens.