*Scanlator

You guys is so fast. i cannot keep track which fan art already been post

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 14:51   Link #1522
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Before anyone asks what the heck is that...
Old 2012-11-23, 15:40   Link #1523
Theo

Just marathoned this and I love it.

It's all about the goddamned tanks, people. Yeah, everyone outside the main 5 doesn't get much development, with volleyball being volleyballvolleyballvolleyball along with Rommel and her crew being nothing but history spouting drones. (Yeah, they're buffs, but is that their only shtick?) You also actually LEARNED some cool things about operating/driving tanks. I couldn't see myself absorbing this info from a classroom.

Glorious Motherland Soviet Union Patriotic music will be playing soon, right?
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 17:12   Link #1524
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Images
Tsar Tank
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I'm not sure that first panel quite has the scale right. Also, it's 30 years older than the Panzer IV: there have got to be some weaknesses to more modern equipment, especially considering the fact that it never even finished prototype testing. Hell, it doesn't have any armor or weapons listed: had it even been equipped with any before they gave up and abandoned it where it got stuck? If not, then I'm not sure it would be allowed to be armed under Senshadou rules.

In short, I think our girls have totally got this one.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 18:39   Link #1525
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
With all the show that is heavily focusing on the girls instead of the subject at hand, I welcome the change as GuP where it doesn't stray off from its original theme. Not saying I don't like other shows, but GuP made me realize there are also way to characterize the cast without the need of narrations or dialogues.
It really feels like this is a side effect of having a show designed for a shorter run than it was originally planned for. I think that it forces the creators to come up with new ways of displaying all the ideas they had planned without all of the weighty exposition that tends to drag down a lot of other anime.

If Girls und Panzer were a 2-cour show, I think that we would have had a more sedate introduction to Saunders instead of Yukari's sneak operation. We'd also get lengthy explanations of events like why Miho sent the Pz. IV up the hill to get at Arisa's Sherman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
This show is very good at "Show, don't tell."
Yup. There's been a lot of inventiveness in the way action and events are directed. I also like the way the show has no intention of actually explaining things that the characters already take for granted. i find explaining things to usually be clunky and that it drags down the narrative. Any viewer who's interested in that material will have to settle for those explanations in the supplementary material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
The 38(t) could possibly get some more frontal armor bolted on, but not enough to really make a difference against the types of guns they tend to face.
Technically, the 38(t) chassis was used to build the Hetzer; basically a super-StuG III with an even more powerful 75mm gun. I doubt we'd see it because they already have the StuG III.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
EDIT: *Look at tanks' spec again* Oh, my mistake, it seems both tanks already have best gun. However, can't M3 upgrade to 76mm? (in theory) (will it have balancing problem?)
M3 were never upgraded in World War II because they were only meant as a stop gap measure until Shermans could be produced in number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Y'know, I've been thinking, and to an extent the Type-89's poor gun becomes a lot more forgivable if you don't think of it as a tank, and instead think of it as a tracked scout, like the M3 Bradley cavalry scout (carries less troops and more ammo than the M2 Bradly IFV). Afterall, the 25mm Bushmaster chaingun can't kill tanks...
To add to Random Wanderer's point, a Bradley also has TOW missiles. The 57mm gun isn't even all that good against infantry - the HE charge is smaller than you'd find on a 70mm or 81mm mortar. The Type 89 was designed to fight in the same kind of environment as the original Mark I tank, and it's really bad at anything else. It's enblematic of the Inter-war period when nobody really knew how to design and employ tanks.

Ooarai's best tank as a pure scout would be the 38(t), but the student council isn't a very reliable crew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
Glorious Motherland Soviet Union Patriotic music will be playing soon, right?
Italian music first.

Quote:
I'm not sure that first panel quite has the scale right. Also, it's 30 years older than the Panzer IV: there have got to be some weaknesses to more modern equipment, especially considering the fact that it never even finished prototype testing. Hell, it doesn't have any armor or weapons listed: had it even been equipped with any before they gave up and abandoned it where it got stuck? If not, then I'm not sure it would be allowed to be armed under Senshadou rules.

In short, I think our girls have totally got this one.
Let me put it this way: the Type 89 is vastly superior to the Tsar Tank.
Old 2012-11-23, 18:44   Link #1526
Midonin
Last Engage

Is all this stuff about the show being originally two cours based on anything, or is it just speculation?
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 18:52   Link #1527
Zaku_II
1st Scouting Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Technically, the 38(t) chassis was used to build the Hetzer; basically a super-StuG III with an even more powerful 75mm gun. I doubt we'd see it because they already have the StuG III.
Not really, the Hetzer and Stug had the same 75mm L/48 gun, the only diference is Hetzer's gun don't have the muzle brake.

Quote:
To add to Random Wanderer's point, a Bradley also has TOW missiles. The 57mm gun isn't even all that good against infantry - the HE charge is smaller than you'd find on a 70mm or 81mm mortar. The Type 89 was designed to fight in the same kind of environment as the original Mark I tank, and it's really bad at anything else. It's enblematic of the Inter-war period when nobody really knew how to design and employ tanks.

Only utility of Type 89 is being a live bait , beautifully (and accidentally) played in the match against Sanders
Zaku_II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 18:55   Link #1528
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Old 2012-11-23, 19:13   Link #1529
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku_II View Post
Only utility of Type 89 is being a live bait , beautifully (and accidentally) played in the match against Sanders
Every time I saw that tank show up, I having this urge to beg the producers to find an excuse to scrap it for better purposes.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 19:22   Link #1530
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I'm pretty sure they will. Char B1 >>> THAT.

But then:

Quote:
Dafuq is THIS?! Byg Zam 2?
Old 2012-11-23, 19:30   Link #1531
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I'm pretty sure they will. Char B1 >>> THAT.
I think the Char is already going to another party?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 19:32   Link #1532
Random Wanderer

Quote:
That would also be a fairly significant rebuild project, wouldn't it? And it would have them removing one of their turreted tanks for a non-turreted one. Admittedly, the turret hasn't done them any favors yet, since their gunner is such a spaz, but still it reduces flexibility. I imagine the rebuild would be the biggest obstacle to anyone at Oarai deciding to try that.

Quote:
I hope so. At least the Type 89 actually made it through into production. The Tsar Tank failed miserably in its testing stage and was left sitting in the test location for years because no one wanted to go to the hassle of figuring out what to do with it. Besides it just looks silly. Like bringing a giant tricycle into battle.
Old 2012-11-23, 19:36   Link #1533
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I think the Char is already going to another party?

- Tak
Oops.

Type-95?
Old 2012-11-23, 19:38   Link #1534
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Is all this stuff about the show being originally two cours based on anything, or is it just speculation?
It's speculation, but Girls und Panzer has all hallmarks of a longer show. You wouldn't have this many characters in a 12-episode show and give them all backstories. There are clues that the creators planned to do much more with the History Club, the Volleyball Club and the first years that will never actually appear in the show. There also seems to be untold gaps between getting the tanks and the first practice fight, and between the practices and the St. Gloriana fight. If Girls und Panzer was based on a long-running manga or novel, that'd be one thing, but it was conceived primarily as an anime with other media tie-ins.

The amount of content so far is also a lot more than you'd expect. So far, we've had a decent amount of combat scenes in every episode except the first one, and most of the rest promise to be the same:

Episode 7 - joke fight with Anzio
Episode 8 - part 1 vs. Pravda
Episode 9 - part 2 vs. Pravda
Episode 10 - either down-time or part 1 vs. Black Forest
Episode 11 - Black Forest fight
Episode 12 - end of Black Forest fight

This is an extremely strange setup, for budgetary reasons, if nothing else.

Quote:
Not really, the Hetzer and Stug had the same 75mm L/48 gun, the only diference is Hetzer's gun don't have the muzle brake.
You're right. How did I keep remembering that the Hetzer had the same gun as a Panther? I'm thinking that Squad Leader gave it a 75LL, but I haven't played in a very long time.

Quote:
As I said, it's vastly superior to the Tsar Tank.

Quote:
That would also be a fairly significant rebuild project, wouldn't it? And it would have them removing one of their turreted tanks for a non-turreted one. Admittedly, the turret hasn't done them any favors yet, since their gunner is such a spaz, but still it reduces flexibility. I imagine the rebuild would be the biggest obstacle to anyone at Oarai deciding to try that.
The creators will give them a new tank before turning the 38(t) into a Hetzer. It just doesn't make any sense story-wise.

Quote:
I hope so. At least the Type 89 actually made it through into production. The Tsar tank failed miserably in its testing stage and was left sitting in the test location for years because no one wanted to go to the hassle of figuring out what to do with it. Besides it just looks silly. Like bringing a giant tricycle into battle.
There are a lot of good reasons why nobody tried to build anything like the Tsar tank. The only worse tank projects I can think of are non-serious ones like the Ratte or Monster.
Old 2012-11-23, 21:14   Link #1535
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
But then:

Quote:
It is called Assam... (Get the idea? Isn't there a girl in that show called "Assam" too?)

Ask Maho to become Captain of Eternal and it will be pure win.
Old 2012-11-23, 23:37   Link #1536
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

This anime seems very lively in this forum Just started watching the anime (already watched all the episodes). Definitely keeping me attached to it.
Old 2012-11-24, 00:27   Link #1537
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Given the episode titles already known, I'm guessing Ooarai will not be able to come up with it's full eight-team complement (again, note the number of hangars they have) before the finals. We already know of the identity of the sixth tank, but I have to wonder if it will really be enough for Pravda, much less Schwarzwald, I mean, Kuromorimine.
Old 2012-11-24, 01:57   Link #1538
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
It is called Assam... (Get the idea? Isn't there a girl in that show called "Assam" too?)
It's the MAX-03 Adzam from Mobile Suit Gundam. It's one of those Mobile Armors from the Odessa arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Given the episode titles already known, I'm guessing Ooarai will not be able to come up with it's full eight-team complement (again, note the number of hangars they have) before the finals. We already know of the identity of the sixth tank, but I have to wonder if it will really be enough for Pravda, much less Schwarzwald, I mean, Kuromorimine.
If the lineup from the OP is right, Black Forest looks like it'll fight using a Tiger I and Pz III's. The B1 is actually more than capable of fighting against the Pz III's, and in fact gave them a very hard time in the opening days of WW2. It's the Tiger that'll give everyone in Oarai the shivers.

And for more pics:

Images
Future spoiler?

Images
Mako

Images
Yukari <3

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 02:06   Link #1539
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post

what does the omake said? or translations please.
Old 2012-11-24, 02:13   Link #1540
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Images
Mako
Clearly fake. Her eyes are open too wide.

Quote:
It's the Tiger that'll give everyone in Oarai the shivers.
And well it should. Like the Firefly, that thing can blow through the armor on anything they have at up to 2 kilometers. More, it's extremely accurate, and you know the gunners on that team are going to be experts. The odds of Maho making stupid mistakes with it aren't very good either. If it turns out to be the flag tank, taking it out is going to be a nightmarish battle of dueling tacticians between Miho and Maho, and Oarai's going to need a lot of luck.

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks