5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-02-21, 12:58   Link #21
Wandering Soul

So all the Orphans can easily handle fights for their lives and slavers, but fish is what creeps them out and makes them pause. The banter between Mikazuki and Atra about it made even funnier.

So Savarin committed suicide. That's pretty sad. No wonder Biscuit was so depressed this episode.
Old 2016-02-21, 16:17   Link #22
Shlugo

Aww, I hoped Ein would stay dead. Gali Gali still on with his prejudice against cyber implants. Which turns out was spread by Gjallarhorn to solidify their power. Jackasses.

Tekkadan reaction to a fish was hilarious.

Turns out Kudelia did accomplish something good already. And everyone basically laughing at African Union now.

I don't understand the political situation here. Makanai is an exile but if he manages to get back they'll elect him the prime minister? He has no powers but could rescind Oceania protection at a moment notice? Something doesn't add up.

Atra fully evolved into Kudelia's new maid. Also a good showing of discrepancy of income, since Kudelia's family apparently could afford to import fish from Earth. And Mikazuki offering her some Mars palms instead.

Orga has no intention of turning back, but Biscuit is scared now. Well, it looks like they won't have a choice, since the incompetent brigade is coming over.
Shlugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-21, 16:40   Link #23
Galaxian

I love how, in Mika's mind, eating fish is some sort of punishment.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-21, 17:30   Link #24
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlugo View Post

I don't understand the political situation here. Makanai is an exile but if he manages to get back they'll elect him the prime minister? He has no powers but could rescind Oceania protection at a moment notice? Something doesn't add up.
Makanai fell from power due to charges of bribery and corruption. The one who replaced him is in Gjallarhorn's pocket. This was while Tekkadan was wasting time with Teiwaz and Brewers. This took months.

Either the ABRAU offered him exile as an exit or he ran away so he wont arrested.

He has influence on Oceania Federation due to political contacts. For the most part the Federation can keep out Gjallarhorn due to political influence.

Except this is Carta Issue we are talking about and she doesn't care about politics just that She'll Show Them All!

Why did you think she was placed in Orbital Forces which is largely ceremonial? Since it is assumed it is the least place she'd cause trouble.

Power blocs are loosing face due to Gjallarhorn faction shenanigans.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-21, 17:49   Link #25
Shlugo

Which still doesn't explain why physically getting him back will somehow put him back in power.
Shlugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-21, 19:20   Link #26
eisai_haramasukoi

LOL. The Martians think the fish is a monster. Hilarious.

Looks like Savarin can't take it anymore. But at least he left some wise words to Biscuit. RIP.

Next episode is... land battles!!!
eisai_haramasukoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-21, 22:05   Link #27
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Mika: What's stinks Atra?
Atra: URUSAI!

Damn, the two acting like a married couple already. Sure I understand Mika since I HATE cooked fish, but couldn't he just eat it just to make her happy?

Finally, some dissent in the Tekkadan group. Didn't think Orga relied on Biscuit so much, but then again Mika just blindly follows what he says, so it makes sense Orga doesn't take Mika's word for much. I want them to actually expand on this, but it seems next episode has them setting it aside for now as Gjallahorn are on their asses.

You know what disappointed me though? Not much LafterXAki scenes. I thought this would be a perfect time to develop their relationship, but alas it's more politics as usual. Not that I mind as I love the big political web that is intricately connected from one person to the next,

Nitpicking also that the martians should have been bedridden for like at least a week, since Earth's gravity is more than 2.5 times as much as Mars. Oh well, I'll let it slide since they took reentry last episode and escape velocity seriously this episode (Mr. Jii-chan perfectly voiced out my question on exactly how are they suppose to leave earth?), so as long as we don't see flying gundams zigzagging the atmosphere next episode, I'll just take it all in as nice entertainment. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-21, 23:46   Link #28
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlugo View Post
Which still doesn't explain why physically getting him back will somehow put him back in power.
Elections are coming up. For him to run he has to be there. Kudelia is just the person he needs to win the elections.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-22, 03:58   Link #29
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

anyone else feel disturbed at whatever fluid that's dripping to the floor that managed to soak Savarin's final letter?, damn that's attention to detail......
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-22, 05:40   Link #30
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post

You know what disappointed me though? Not much LafterXAki scenes. I thought this would be a perfect time to develop their relationship, but alas it's more politics as usual. Not that I mind as I love the big political web that is intricately connected from one person to the next,
Well next episode is warriors time, you might get even some combination attacks, or maybe even epic white knight rescue (Akihiro be damsel of course)!
Old 2016-02-22, 10:06   Link #31
dragon1412

with the whole martians and Fresh food going on, along with the OP, i'm really suspecting whether Sunrise is trying to take a jab at Aldnoah.zero
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-22, 10:16   Link #32
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
with the whole martians and Fresh food going on, along with the OP, i'm really suspecting whether Sunrise is trying to take a jab at Aldnoah.zero
or them trying to lure Urobuchi in making them a new Gundam series in the near future.......
Old 2016-02-22, 11:26   Link #33
Skaddix

Quote:
Mika: What's stinks Atra?
Atra: URUSAI!

Damn, the two acting like a married couple already. Sure I understand Mika since I HATE cooked fish, but couldn't he just eat it just to make her happy?

Finally, some dissent in the Tekkadan group. Didn't think Orga relied on Biscuit so much, but then again Mika just blindly follows what he says, so it makes sense Orga doesn't take Mika's word for much. I want them to actually expand on this, but it seems next episode has them setting it aside for now as Gjallahorn are on their asses.

Nitpicking also that the martians should have been bedridden for like at least a week, since Earth's gravity is more than 2.5 times as much as Mars. Oh well, I'll let it slide since they took reentry last episode and escape velocity seriously this episode (Mr. Jii-chan perfectly voiced out my question on exactly how are they suppose to leave earth?), so as long as we don't see flying gundams zigzagging the atmosphere next episode, I'll just take it all in as nice entertainment. XD
Biscuit is the main assistant granted they can probably replace him with Merribit at this point.

Assume the ship has artificial gravity and they slowly increased it during the trip.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-23, 08:54   Link #34
Twi

They're not going to kill off Biscuit. We've already lost one supporting character, so a pilot is next. Shino already pissed Eins off, so we know who he's going after first.

@Globalsword 2

That fluid is very likely urine. Strangulation (and death) causes the bowels and bladder to loosen. It's a messy way to die.
Old 2016-02-23, 09:32   Link #35
Skaddix

The issue is more Biscuit is even less likely to be in a combat situation then Orga which makes him quite hard to kill. Unless the gang is going to be running around another town like on the colonies. That said what Biscuit's problem though is he is easily replaceable as Merribit does his job anyway now.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-23, 15:16   Link #36
Irenesharda

Just got a chance to see the episode and it was a nice intermediate episode. I loved their reactions to Earth and to the flounder. I loved Atra and Mika's "old-married couple scenes.

That old man has some nerve calling them all the way out there and then telling them that he can't do anything unless they help him get reelected. Again, Tekkadan is getting taken advantage of. Like Naze said, I think it's time that Orga begins to think about what's just good for Tekkadan right now. That's what's important.

And then there was the blow up between Biscuit and Orga. If I had to choose a side, I agree with Orga. He does take risks, but he's looking towards the long haul more so than just the short term. Also, I know Biscuit has always want to keep things close to the vest and take safety over risk, but if he thinks for one minute that Gjallerhorn is just going to let them go, he's quite wrong. It's really the emotions talking. I can't believe that Savarin would commit suicide like that, especially considering how fast they were able to get what they wanted in terms of equal rights in the end. That part I thought was kind of forced. It's barely been a few days and now suddenly the company that killed and massacred everyone wants to give them everything they asked for? It feels a bit rushed.

It looks like Ein might get the AV system after all, though I honestly don't think it would do him any good in the end. I thought it could only be used in growing children. Is Ein a teenager all this time? I honestly wouldn't be surprised. Also, it doesn't look like Gaelio knows about McGillis being Montag. If he's hiding it, I wonder for what reason? Is Gaelio really going to become Garma 2.0? The way that he seems to be egging him and Ein on, makes me think that he's setting them up.

It looks like Tekkadan's short rest though is being put on hold. Carla is using her Seven Stars status to pull strings and attack Tekkadan, and it looks like next week all our boys will be out to fight and shirtless this time. And is that Biscuit I see out in the fight?! This should be interesting.

Quote:

Are you kidding? Orga listens to every dogone word Mika says, did you miss earlier in the season where Orga basically shows his half of his co-dependence on Mika, in that his decisions are almost always centered around what Mika feels and thinks? He's always asking his opinion to be the decision maker when he can't make up his mind. In fact, there was one point where Mika's opinion caused Orga to completely overrule Biscuit's. Orga hold's Mika's opinion in very high regard, above everyone else's. And at the the same time, Mika doesn't follow Orga blindly. He just has absolute trust in Orga's decisions, because they know each other so well.

The issue is that Mika doesn't really give opinions on most things, by his own admission, he's not very bright and he doesn't do well in long winded conversations about things that aren't fighting. For that Orga has to lean more on Biscuit who supports Orga, even though at times, he might have a different opinion and want to go for the more safe route. The three are basically the Kirk, Spock, and Bones of the series. Mika and Biscuit are Orga's right and left hands.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2016-02-23 at 15:39.
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-23, 21:46   Link #37
mweloo

Looking at him, I reckon Ein is around Orga's age (17-19). Make sense, considering that he's a rookie soldier. Supplementary material also says that Carta is 17- but it's probably more a reference to her voice actor than an indicator of her real age, because no way am I believing that McGillis and Gaelio are under 25. Anyway, it would be just like her to to pretend to be younger than she actually is.

Last edited by mweloo; 2016-02-23 at 22:02.
mweloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-23, 23:21   Link #38
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mweloo View Post
Supplementary material also says that Carta is 17- but it's probably more a reference to her voice actor than an indicator of her real age, because no way am I believing that McGillis and Gaelio are under 25. Anyway, it would be just like her to to pretend to be younger than she actually is.
Wait, you think her VA is 17 yo girl? No way. She is Kikuko Inoue who voiced Aina Sahalin in Gundam: 08th MS Team in the 90s and born in 1964. She's nowhere near 17. Try above 50.
Old 2016-02-24, 00:08   Link #39
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Wait, you think her VA is 17 yo girl? No way. She is Kikuko Inoue who voiced Aina Sahalin in Gundam: 08th MS Team in the 90s and born in 1964. She's nowhere near 17. Try above 50.
its actually a real life reference joke that Inoue is eternally 17 according to her, yes she IS still 17 years old even today, just don't spout out her birth year or else you got blasted with her 17 year old magical girl energy beam to dust................
Old 2016-02-24, 01:22   Link #40
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
its actually a real life reference joke that Inoue is eternally 17 according to her, yes she IS still 17 years old even today, just don't spout out her birth year or else you got blasted with her 17 year old magical girl energy beam to dust................
Oh, I wasn't aware of that joke since I'm never that much into seiyuu world . But......she started the "17 yo-religion" for female seiyuus?? Well, that's ..... weird, even for a joke . Anyway, thanks for that heads up .

Tags
weekly episode discussion