AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-02, 18:00   Link #1601
Solafighter
Hige

Just rewatched the anime after reading the novel and manga.

Even thought, the manga and novel had their better aspects, the anime is not bad at all and is one of my top favourites. This series has something, not only a single other anime has(from those, i have seen).

I love the guitar playing of the song "Youkoso! Hitori Bocchi", espeacilly in episode 21. This scene is very well maded by the producers, from my point of view.
Old 2009-01-07, 13:47   Link #1602
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Thank the lord a story of the such individuals of anti-society was written about and shown to the public to better understand 'us.' I can only say that whoever wrote this was a genius. Me too i just rewatched the anime after reading the manga. And made a post discussing the lifestyles brought up.

Credit @ fallschirmjager

Last edited by Jin Kizuite; 2009-01-07 at 14:05.
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 21:10   Link #1603
Proudleaf

So I just finished watching the entire series after finally borrowing all of the DVDs from a friend and...

Wow. Other than a few small complaints here and there (episode 4 and the MMORPG arc) this series was truly fantastic. Not only was the subject matter something that I was totally unaware of, but the series was amazingly funny, tragic, and heartwarming all at the same time. I have yet to read the manga, but this anime adaption was extremely well done. I'd just like to mention that I love Misaki's character (in addition to Satou's of course), and I truly feel that the two of them will be happy together. I will also unabashedly admit that I cried a little bit when...
Spoiler:

I'm very tempted to buy this series once I get the chance, and I'm pretty reluctant to return the DVDs to my friend at the moment.

Welcome to NHK! Welcome to Life!
Proudleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 01:20   Link #1604
Nosauz

HAHAH great to hear another NHK ni Youkoso fan is born, if you like the anime you really should check out the manga, also since i never have commented on this thread, man do I love purin purin.... oh gawd just thinking about the op makes me salivate.... died of moe overdose
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 00:54   Link #1605
Proudleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
HAHAH great to hear another NHK ni Youkoso fan is born, if you like the anime you really should check out the manga, also since i never have commented on this thread, man do I love purin purin.... oh gawd just thinking about the op makes me salivate.... died of moe overdose
Moe overdose is right, and not to mention numerous moe moments with Misaki which left me knocked out on the floor xD

And thanks, I'll definitely check out the manga. Also, I hear there's a novel too?
Proudleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 11:16   Link #1606
ViewtifulAlchemist

*Hit submit reply button instead of preview in previous post"

I already read the manga some time ago but I too just recently watched and finished the anime version. I really loved the series in manga form so I had planned on experiencing Welcome to NHK in all its media forms. The novel is the last thing for me to get. Anyways, I think the manga handled a lot of parts better than the anime but overall the anime had a much conclusive ending.

Also the animation was very inconsistence, most of the later half of the anime seem like fan-drawings in motion. Luckly the last 2 or 3 episodes shaped up well to let the series end with a bang. The anime also downplayed quite a lot of things and left out certain (mini?) arcs all together. Not really much of a complaint, just an observation. Seeing the way the anime ended some of these changes were needed I guess. Things that came to mind:

Spoiler:

I'm looking forward to the novel. This series one of my favorites of all time.
ViewtifulAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 05:46   Link #1607
FallenDevil
^v^Fallen Devil^v^

well this series really made my tummy hurt this series is crazy!!
FallenDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 07:00   Link #1608
jigoku shoujo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewtifulAlchemist View Post
*Hit submit reply button instead of preview in previous post"

I already read the manga some time ago but I too just recently watched and finished the anime version. I really loved the series in manga form so I had planned on experiencing Welcome to NHK in all its media forms. The novel is the last thing for me to get. Anyways, I think the manga handled a lot of parts better than the anime but overall the anime had a much conclusive ending.

Also the animation was very inconsistence, most of the later half of the anime seem like fan-drawings in motion. Luckly the last 2 or 3 episodes shaped up well to let the series end with a bang. The anime also downplayed quite a lot of things and left out certain (mini?) arcs all together. Not really much of a complaint, just an observation. Seeing the way the anime ended some of these changes were needed I guess. Things that came to mind:

Spoiler:

I'm looking forward to the novel. This series one of my favorites of all time.
wow, now I want to read the manga, I think the history I want to see was left behind
jigoku shoujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 03:43   Link #1609
Chris87

Hey, just found this thread via google .

I'm quite happy to see there are still some other NHK fans out there. It seems to me like the anime almost vanished. No DVDs for europe, not even much reactions from fans either.

I can't describe how much I love this anime. Such a perfect mixture of drama and comedy. But what I liked most was more between the lines. No matter what happened, there was always a shadow of desperation in the background. Man, that must sound pretty stupid...What I mean is, although it's basically about Satou finding a way out of his hikkikomori way of life, I always felt like the real theme was the search for a meaning in everyone's lives.

Let's take episode 9 for example

Spoiler for Episode 9:

In the end it feels like everyone in this series is desperately trying to find happiness in life, and by doing so worsening the ones of the others. Satou is kind of the last part of the chain, always being left alone and thrown into more miserable situations. Sometimes I really wondered if his friends are helping him to find a way out of his way of life or if they just push him even more to that direction. Maybe a conspiracy?

And especially this part is also very present in the so-called filler arcs, which is why I can't really understand why some reviewers find them unnecessary.

I wish I'd find some other animes that give me the same feeling as this one while watching, but I didn't succeed until now. I guess I have to watch it many more times .

After comparing some scenes from the manga and the anime I don't think I'd like the manga though. Maybe it's just me, but a lot of sad moments didn't seem so sad to me. (e.g. the last meeting of Nanako and Yamazaki)

Oh, by the way: Is there a way to get the novel in europe? Amazon doesn't seem to have it.
Chris87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 13:33   Link #1610
signorRossi

I am currently reading the manga and certainly will look at the anime too.
One moment you laugh out loud, the next you feel pity and sadness.
I thin kI will spend some more time offline this year....^^
signorRossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 15:47   Link #1611
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris87 View Post
I wish I'd find some other animes that give me the same feeling as this one while watching
Maybe some of these shows might fit the bill?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 08:04   Link #1612
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Maybe some of these shows might fit the bill?
Many suggestions are nothing worth. You cant put Haruhi and NHK on the same level of psychological aspect. [
Same goes with some other series, which are displayed, there.

Oh well, when i was reading the NHK manga, it took me 2 weeks and i only watched ongoing series in the mean time.
Old 2009-03-18, 21:25   Link #1613
CybEssen
A gentle ripple

The anime series would probably be great to watch for the people out there soul searching.

As a former avid FFXI player, I lol'd at the sneaky FFXI plug. The first time I saw the information card, I was like "Wait a minute, that font and greeting looks familiar." Then came the Mithra, then came the Tarutaru named Toro-toro (LV73!) Satou's a RDM with a pimp hat on. His spell "incantations" were pretty absurd though.

The ending was pretty bittersweet for me, I thought there could have been more to it...

ED02 is a joy to listen to.

Guess I'll get started on the paperback material...
Old 2009-03-20, 12:28   Link #1614
Chris87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Many suggestions are nothing worth. You cant put Haruhi and NHK on the same level of psychological aspect. [
Same goes with some other series, which are displayed, there.
True, true...

Anyway, I found the novel now (I just had to type N.H.K. instead of NHK :P ) and so far I'm really impressed. It seems to be even more melancholic than the series.
Chris87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 14:07   Link #1615
SkoolRumble4Ya

Man I love this series it's sad that there are no more NHK i wanna see the relationship between Satou and Misaki.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 14:38   Link #1616
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
Man I love this series it's sad that there are no more NHK i wanna see the relationship between Satou and Misaki.

Yeah..

I watched the series, read the mangas and the novel.

What shall i do know?...

Old 2009-03-21, 15:02   Link #1617
SkoolRumble4Ya

Yeah there is nothing we can do, we just gotta move on
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 23:35   Link #1618
maxpepper

I just finished watching NHK for the first time and I'm glad I did, what a ride

I definitely wouldn't have lasted as long as Satou did having the "puri-puri" theme blasted 24/7.

Spoiler for episode 23+24:
maxpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 20:35   Link #1619
Godai-AK

I'm currently watching this; just finished watching episode 6.

It really is one of the more fascinating anime I've seen recently, works more as a social commentary/satire than most other titles I've seen. A lot of anime make use of certain standard cliches; I can't see too many here unless it's being skewered (like the various types of girls in "gal games")

I can't really compare it to anything I've seen, and I can't take my eyes off it either. Great stuff.
Godai-AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-07, 08:13   Link #1620
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Just a note to anyone who has thought about buying this excellent series that discs 1-5 are on sale at RightStuf for $10 per disc. (The last one is still $22, though.) That's less than the combined price of the two boxsets.

This offer ends on May 11th, so time's a-wasting.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gonzo, psychological