Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-03-03, 01:00   Link #81
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
different parents suck for different reasons. some are good. i think mine fall into the good category, even though i sometimes i dont agree with them.
*nod* *nod*
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-03, 01:02   Link #82
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
*nod* *nod*
are your parents good as well? or do you agree that there are good/bad parents for different reasons? or do you agree with both?
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-03, 01:08   Link #83
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
are your parents good as well? or do you agree that there are good/bad parents for different reasons? or do you agree with both?
well at times my parents rock ... but there is always the times that what they say you completely disagree with and if you know parents they usually don't back down ... and if you know kids ... they usually dont back down either. At that point you are pissed and you go ... damn my parents suck right now. [Agreeing with you on miscommunication]

There some parents who are too strict and too harsh on their kids for whatever reason they think is right. [Agreeing with you on the fact that some parents simply suck no matter how you look at it]

Basically i agree with you on all you said
Old 2004-03-03, 12:12   Link #84
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

so. what about anyone else? how are your parents?
Old 2004-03-04, 15:20   Link #85
ShadowX114
is my nickname

Quote:
so. what about anyone else? how are your parents?
If you want, I can talk about the mother of my friend
ShadowX114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-04, 16:59   Link #86
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowX114
If you want, I can talk about the mother of my friend
go go go go go go go ... is she that bad?
Old 2004-03-04, 18:58   Link #87
demosthenes

my mother died when i was 5. my stepmother hated my with a passion. verbal abuse was a costant and on a few occasions she actualy beat me. my father just sat there on the couch. for a while i thought i might have forgiven my father but one day and the only day he repeatedly punched me out of frustration when my stepmother was bitching at him. know he is lost to me. for a that matters i have no family. i havent heird from them since i left for bootcamp 6 months ago.
demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-04, 22:04   Link #88
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by demosthenes
my mother died when i was 5. my stepmother hated my with a passion. verbal abuse was a costant and on a few occasions she actualy beat me. my father just sat there on the couch. for a while i thought i might have forgiven my father but one day and the only day he repeatedly punched me out of frustration when my stepmother was bitching at him. know he is lost to me. for a that matters i have no family. i havent heird from them since i left for bootcamp 6 months ago.
I'm really sorry to hear mate :/, I can't even begin to relate to something like this. I wish you never have to go through such hardships in life again...
Old 2004-03-05, 12:19   Link #89
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
I'm really sorry to hear mate :/, I can't even begin to relate to something like this. I wish you never have to go through such hardships in life again...
hmm.... sounds like you have grounds for a lawsuit.
Old 2004-03-16, 11:11   Link #90
chibi Jiraiya plushy

Send a message via AIM to chibi Jiraiya plushy Send a message via Yahoo to chibi Jiraiya plushy
My dad is an assand I can't friggen stand him at all. He still treats me as if I'm a five year old and doesn't give me any responsibilities but let's my older sister do everything it really pisses me off. My sister is allowed to drive and has been in fifteen accidents. But he won't let me learn how to drive!
chibi Jiraiya plushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 11:21   Link #91
Wilcon

Send a message via ICQ to Wilcon Send a message via MSN to Wilcon
I parents are nice people, but sometimes they get a little irritating for questioning everything... and always reminding me about things i have to do(duh, like i wouldn't memorize it).
Wilcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 11:26   Link #92
SirJeannot
AT Field

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilcon
I parents are nice people, but sometimes they get a little irritating for questioning everything... and always reminding me about things i have to do(duh, like i wouldn't memorize it).
same here
nothing important at all to complain about
Old 2004-03-16, 11:46   Link #93
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilcon
probably because you dont do anything when he asks you the 1st time.
Old 2004-03-16, 14:41   Link #94
ff7799
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ff7799 Send a message via MSN to ff7799
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibi Jiraiya plushy
My dad is an assand I can't friggen stand him at all. He still treats me as if I'm a five year old and doesn't give me any responsibilities but let's my older sister do everything it really pisses me off. My sister is allowed to drive and has been in fifteen accidents. But he won't let me learn how to drive!
your only 15 you have plenty of time to learn, and its not like you can get a license yet. You still have whole year infront of you plus drivers ed.
ff7799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 17:42   Link #95
dbzgundam
A-Blitz Founder/Encoder

They suck in different ways.

My dad is a little too up tight in some areas, and I can't relate to him much aside from computers (which I've generally surpassed him in anyway), although he is a very generous person.

My mom....well, she is VERY restricting. (although I've seen worse) My life is basically secluded from most enjoyment, as I need to be "safe" by her standards. Also I cannot do what I want generally. Hell I can't even encode a lot because she becomes a cranky bitch about the electric bill... She's a good person, but sucks in MANY ways...

One sentence to sum it up: All parents suck in 10 ways or another.
dbzgundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 19:19   Link #96
aahhsin

Only gripe I have about my mom is that she doesn't listen. and I'm a grade A 100% bastard! Fuck my dad. If i ever see him I'm gunna shove a boot up his ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibi Jiraiya plushy
That's what you get for being the younger sibling. I dunno about you guys but when your like 16 you want to drive bad, like it's just gnawing at you, but once I started to drive after awhile, it's ehhh... don't feel like it rather let someone eles drive.

Oh Yea here's a note if you ever do drive Jiraiya, don't bother weaving or going 60 on a 35, or "sleep" drive just to look cool. It's stupid and every other driver get's pissed at you. Especially me, I yell at High School drivers all the time cause they're being dumbasses that think they can make a tight turn going 50 mph.

Gotta love yelling at morons that crash into the sidewalk.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 21:15   Link #97
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
Oh Yea here's a note if you ever do drive Jiraiya, don't bother weaving or going 60 on a 35, or "sleep" drive just to look cool. It's stupid and every other driver get's pissed at you. Especially me, I yell at High School drivers all the time cause they're being dumbasses that think they can make a tight turn going 50 mph.

Gotta love yelling at morons that crash into the sidewalk.
happens all the time... to my driver... i prefer to watch the shocked expressions on people's face, rather than impending doom (fortunatly, he hasnt been in an accident with me in the car)
Old 2004-03-17, 22:33   Link #98
Serendipity

Send a message via ICQ to Serendipity Send a message via AIM to Serendipity Send a message via MSN to Serendipity
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7799
Well I think this is a good question. Do your parents suck. Do they bug the living hell out of you over pointless things, are they hyporcrites and especially are they cheap. Think alot of kids today suffer at the hands of their jerk parents so if you have a story (or a dozen stories lets here them here. E.g. my parents never gave me allowance or spending cash and when I finally got a job at 17 they started asking for rent. I think that parents from the last generation had parents that were asses and probably have decided to take it out on us. The funny thing its not just like asian parents are asswholes and black parents are liberal, or white parents spoil their kids rotten, all these parents are equally dicks. I mean I use to think that kids in south (mostly white kids) were spoiled rotten but then I met some and realized that their parents are just as big dicks as mine are, and let me just say this I know asian parents only want their asian kids to marry asian people and many asians kids think on their parents do it but the truth is all parents are like that (which is pretty sad) I honestly think that parents are the largest cause of any rasicm today and as the older generations die of the newer generations will be more accepting I mean groups like the kkk are slowing dieing, its just sad that kids are taught to always listen to their parents yet the truth of the matter is kids are often better off doing what they think is right. I mean I'am almost positive that their a quite a few kids whom have had the race take by their parents (about not integrating with other races) very shameful but very true. Anyway lets here those stories kids and please don't spam or go nuts in this topic cause its a very good one and will let alot of people talk freely.
Dude, I have had exactly the same problems.... As a kid all my friends were getting pocket money and stuff, they could ask for whatever they wanted and get it, yet I would ask and not get anything.....we had the cane enforced for a couple of years as well, between the ages of seven and about 10, which I loathed at the time...on the other hand it has taught me right from wrong....
For about the past year I have had a relatively good job with a mining company, and I am not very old, so it's not as good a wage as I should be getting....but the first thing that my mother said was that I should start paying rent....after doing this, then getting my car as well and having to pay for general expenses, it's getting very difficult!!
Though it is good for kids to get guidance from their parents, I think that it is good that they learn to think for themselves...
Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-18, 08:13   Link #99
ff7799
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ff7799 Send a message via MSN to ff7799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy-no-Jutsu
Dude, I have had exactly the same problems.... As a kid all my friends were getting pocket money and stuff, they could ask for whatever they wanted and get it, yet I would ask and not get anything.....we had the cane enforced for a couple of years as well, between the ages of seven and about 10, which I loathed at the time...on the other hand it has taught me right from wrong....
For about the past year I have had a relatively good job with a mining company, and I am not very old, so it's not as good a wage as I should be getting....but the first thing that my mother said was that I should start paying rent....after doing this, then getting my car as well and having to pay for general expenses, it's getting very difficult!!
Though it is good for kids to get guidance from their parents, I think that it is good that they learn to think for themselves...
Dude a mining company at your age, and then paying rent, Man let me tell you something, Parents are suppose to help you not exploit you. When I get older I'am going to take 100,000 dollars and give it to my parents cause theirs no way in hell that they ever spent close to that on me. Why you ask, simply so they can't say I owe them. As for your parents I don't care where you live or what race\ethnicity you are, no kid at your age (17) should be working in a mine and then having their parents turn around and say give me money. It seems way to obvious that many parents care more about themselves than their kids. And its obvious in many of the sad cases where they kill their kids, I just hope our generation (that has been beaten and scared by out parents) don't turn around and do the same to our kids. We always must remember to put our kids first no matter what. Your kids are priority.

Last edited by ff7799; 2004-03-18 at 08:40.
ff7799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-18, 08:58   Link #100
u&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7799
Dude a mining company at your age, and then paying rent, Man let me tell you something, Parents are suppose to help you not exploit you. When I get older I'am going to take 100,000 dollars and give it to my parents cause theirs no way in hell that they ever spent close to that on me. Why you ask, simply so they can't say I owe them.
If/when I get kids they're out they day they reach legal age. Since you really can't kick them out on the street having them paying rent as soon as they get money of their own is a good way. If they don't like it they can leave.

One good way teaching kids respect is to make them understand at an early age that they owe their parents everything. For a normal middleclass household the 100 000 $ doesn't even come close to pay off the economical debt. Imagine your parents life without any kids (they need smaller house, smaller car, your mother would have been able to work alot more etc...). They would have alot more money. Then imagine all the time your parents spent on you instead of taking nice trips abroad and spending time with their friends you realize there is really no way you can pay them back.
u&t is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parents