AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2006-12-28, 13:33   Link #81
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimplicity View Post
I don't get it. It's already December yet episode 6 onwards are not even subbed yet. What the hack is happening...

It is really s l o w.
You should know that fansubbing isn't paid work, it's something you usually do at your spare time.
Yes, there are people in full work, with family, that fansub.
So maybe they have more important things to do than sit up and get little sleep, releasing your anime, that you get for free?

There's only 9 raws out anyway, so two eps that aren't out.

As for the episode 7 comments, yeah, it's stupid, but damn so fun

Last edited by sangofe; 2006-12-28 at 15:20.
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 23:57   Link #82
dreamerz

hi. i've downloaded prince of tennis national championship from saizen. but, i cant seem to watch it as its in mp4 format. can anyone tell me wad kind of players support this format so as i can watch? then i do not have to depend on youtube anymore. thanks!
dreamerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-04, 00:07   Link #83
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

This question properly belongs in the Playback Help Forum. If you have trouble then please post about it there.

In this thread, all I'll do is to direct you to [READ ME FIRST] How do I get this fansub to play? That thread should solve your problem and enable you to play EVERY fansub available through AnimeSuki.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 17:51   Link #84
Bill_gates

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerz View Post
hi. i've downloaded prince of tennis national championship from saizen. but, i cant seem to watch it as its in mp4 format. can anyone tell me wad kind of players support this format so as i can watch? then i do not have to depend on youtube anymore. thanks!
only way i got it to work was by using VLC player
google it
Bill_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 15:11   Link #85
sangofe

Quote:

CCP (combined community pack) all the way.
Use MPC to view it.
Old 2007-01-09, 11:24   Link #86
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I finally got around to watching this OVA and I must say it's pretty nice to see some Prince of Tennis again... I've always liked to see all the crazy and over the top moves they do in the matches.
Old 2007-01-27, 13:55   Link #87
silver6

Eiji Singles/Doubles

If you think about it, Eiji is able to appear as two people.

I don't know if they say this in the manga but the anime stated that Eiji was the fastest person to do side steps and he evolved that to a skill called Seal Step. When he side steps really fast, he leaves afterimages of himself which is why it looks like there's two people.

And if you wonder how he can do it so long without tiring out in the nationals when before he did, remember he did stamina training.

Hope this answers the "impossible". XD
silver6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 21:36   Link #88
Codex

OVA Episodes 10-11

It is a bit more reasonable in the manga than the anime, but it is still unrealistic. For example, leaving an after-image during service ... ^_^.

Anyway, the second-to-last OVA was released this past Friday (1/26/07), comprising of episodes 10-11.

There's a new opening that's much tamer than the first, and the animation includes a little trip down memory lane. I prefer the previous opening though ... the music was very dynamic and much more suitable for the grand matches to come.

The new ending, I think, is an improvement over the previous one. The background and the characters don't look as bland as before.

Anyway, moving on to the episodes themselves ... Episode 10:

Spoiler for a brief summary:

Spoiler for thoughts:

Now, the much more interesting episode 11, "Tezuka Kunimitsu" ...

Spoiler for brief summary:

Spoiler for thoughts, manga vs anime:
Codex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 08:35   Link #89
dreamerz

will there be a OVA 2? since the national championship isnt over by the end of all 13 episodes...
dreamerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-06, 23:46   Link #90
ebac1007

i was just wondering if anyone knew where i could get the ova 8+. i've been watching them on youtube, but the english subs havent come in for a while.
ebac1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 01:12   Link #91
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

You'll have to wait since the OVAs have not yet been released in Japan. This is not a weekly TV show.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 09:27   Link #92
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebac1007 View Post
i was just wondering if anyone knew where i could get the ova 8+. i've been watching them on youtube, but the english subs havent come in for a while.

Episode 8 should be hitting QC soon, and ep 9 will get timed this week.
You can see all progresses at our projects in our forums at www.saizen-fansubs.com

As for raws, there are raws up till 11.
Old 2007-02-14, 14:10   Link #93
Codex

Quote:
will there be a OVA 2? since the national championship isnt over by the end of all 13 episodes...
Seeing the nature of PoT fandom, I'm almost certain that there will be once the last two matches are wrapped up.
Codex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 00:08   Link #94
brad_le
Sleeper RX-7

Quick question about Hyotei near the end of episode 8. Who is the guy standing beside Kabaji?
Is it Taki Haginosuke, and if so, isn't he supposed to be cut from the regulars?
brad_le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 05:40   Link #95
petit_vic

Pot Ova2

Quote:
There will be a second OVA season that will start on June the 22nd:
it's in Japanese though...
http://www.tenipuri.jp/news/index.html
petit_vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 16:36   Link #96
cdiesel12

Send a message via AIM to cdiesel12
lol i wasn't demanding anything.. just wanted some information...jesus
cdiesel12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 01:02   Link #97
Xanth2

for all of you complaining about him competing in the US open at 12 it is not quite as rediculous as you think it is not rare for a 16 year old to get into the open as the wildcard and I beleive even a 14 year old had made it in to the Womens US Open in the past. Admitedly for Men 12 is young enough that those 2-4 years really make a differance, but its not soooo unbelevable if he is best in Japan which he is better then all the 15 year olds in Japan which we are supposed to assume after he beats the captain. Also being the son of someone who won 3 out of four opens can't have hurt his chance to get in as wild card even at a young age like 12.

As for beating Hewit im not even going to try to offer much support for that. all I can figure is the tirck tennis that these fictional japanese schools seem to like might be an issue for the pros who are would be much more used to stronger and faster, but more standardized shots. If one watches the Tennnis Opens he/she will notice there are not very many twist/kick serves even though both are real shots that tirck players can do. The catch is trick tennis like that sends balls across with less power so is not really used at that level. As stated though maybe a 12 year old with trick tennis could be diffrent enough to mess with Hewit. That said Hewit should have service aced him every time. Power is just too much greater than that of a trick player who has not yet gotten his raised testosterone levels from puberty.
Xanth2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 01:47   Link #98
protostar8

So just curious, have any of the subbing groups released the last two episodes of the OVA yet (12 & 13)? I'm not asking where or for a link, just a confirmation as to whether or not I should continue searching for them subbed. It's not that I'm too impatient, but according to information sites the episodes have all been released as of March 23 (or at least that's when the last one was supposed to have aired), so I would have assumed that two months later, the 13 episodes would have been subbed, especially since it's only another month until the new OVA starts. It's great they are doing another OVA series too.
protostar8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-27, 01:48   Link #99
sangofe

No, they have not been released fansubbed.
Old 2007-05-27, 14:25   Link #100
protostar8

Okay. Thanks for the info. I'll stop looking for them for awhile.
protostar8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tennis