AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-05-26, 11:37   Link #61
aw454wtr

Ise in terms of power as of vol 17 could he defeat

1. loki without the hammer?

2.Tannin going all out against Ise?

3. Kokabiel?

4. Cattelya leviathan ?

5. Cruzeray asmodeus?
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 11:42   Link #62
DocBernax2814

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw454wtr View Post
Ise in terms of power as of vol 17 could he defeat

1. loki without the hammer?

2.Tannin going all out against Ise?

3. Kokabiel?

4. Cattelya leviathan ?

5. Cruzeray asmodeus?
1.- Don't think so because Loki is a trickster, a technique type. Issei will give fight, but not defeat him without help.

2.- Yes, after a very long and bloody fight.

3.- Yes, with cardinal crimson full drive.

4.- Yes, with cardinal crimson full drive.

5.- Yes, with cardinal crimson full drive.
DocBernax2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 18:50   Link #63
G147

1. I don't think it's possible for Issei to beat Loki yet, it took Issei, Akeno, Saji and Baraqiel combined effort to take Loki down, and the reason they got the opportunity is because of Saji's surprise appearance.
2. Nope. Again, Tannin is somewhere close to the Maou-class, Issei is only somewhere in the High-class Devil strength. He still can't beat Tannin in an all out fight.
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 18:59   Link #64
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
1. I don't think it's possible for Issei to beat Loki yet, it took Issei, Akeno, Saji and Baraqiel combined effort to take Loki down, and the reason they got the opportunity is because of Saji's surprise appearance.
2. Nope. Again, Tannin is somewhere close to the Maou-class, Issei is only somewhere in the High-class Devil strength. He still can't beat Tannin in an all out fight.
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes
2. Beside tannim is more experience than issei, I guess you could say is he is more experience and have hidden ace on his sleeve :3
Old 2014-05-26, 22:00   Link #65
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes
1. Agree
2. I think now issei is capable fighting Tannin and perhaps he could defeat Tanin. Remember that Tannin's meteor fire is on the same level of destruction as maou class not his strength. Isse is even able to have a good fight with enhanced Grendel and i think Grendel right now is even stronger than Tannin
3. Yes ( with normal balance breaker)
4. Yes ( with normal balance breaker but if her power is enhanced by Ophis's snake then using normal Triaina is enough)
5. Yes ( same as Catellya )
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 22:38   Link #66
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalknightftw View Post
1. Agree
2. I think now issei is capable fighting Tannin and perhaps he could defeat Tanin. Remember that Tannin's meteor fire is on the same level of destruction as maou class not his strength. Isse is even able to have a good fight with enhanced Grendel and i think Grendel right now is even stronger than Tannin
3. Yes ( with normal balance breaker)
4. Yes ( with normal balance breaker but if her power is enhanced by Ophis's snake then using normal Triaina is enough)
5. Yes ( same as Catellya )
But Tannim has experience battle wise unlike grendel who use his savage instinct :P
Old 2014-05-26, 22:47   Link #67
Royalknightftw

@kusabireika But his savage instinct is what makes him hard to defeat. Imagine you fight someone who enjoys pain so much and Grendel also got some nice "upgrades" from holy grail
Old 2014-05-26, 23:47   Link #68
aw454wtr

Is grendel at dragon king level or is he higher than that?
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 00:33   Link #69
Royalknightftw

@aw454wtr I think he is at the same level as dragon king but holy grail makes him a bit stronger
Old 2014-05-28, 10:52   Link #70
Biohazardous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
You know ... recently I started wondering, if we will ever have a serious match / fight between Ise and Tannin.

After all ... the two of them, after the changes that occurred to Ise, due to his second near death experience, are pretty similar since, both Ise and Tannin are devils who have been reincarnated from dragons.

While obviously there are some differences between them, due to the fact that Ise is a humanoid dragon while Tannin is a more normal type of a dragon ... I think that the current Ise and Tannin are currently at a similar levels of power (although Tannin definitely has a lot more experience in using them).

Furthermore ... apart from portraying who is stronger between the two of them, a serious fight against Tannin could be one of the ways of training / unlocking more of Ise's dragon related powers ... since a former Dragon King definitely has a lot of experience when it comes to the abilities that dragons posses...
I could see Ise going back to him for more training. Once he gets the stamina consumption down and stablizes thing. I could see him going to Old-Man and saying I wish to make what I have learned more powerful. He would tell Old-Man not to hold back. Kiba went back to his old master so I dont see why Ise wouldnt. Old-Man is the best to train with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well, that would be a quite interesting plot twist and I think it has a chance of actually becoming true in the story.

The reason why I think like that is because of Sona's statement about Ise having to shoulder a karma that no god would be able to purify ... after thinking about it ... if it was simply meaning that Ise would have to deal with Ophis's company, which he doesn't seem to mind ... why would he want to purify / remove it ?

But if it also has an additional meaning of not being able to die no matter what happens ... and having to eventually see the rest of his companions passing away, with him and Ophis being the only people out of the current Gremory group + company that would remain alive ... then Sona's statement definitely rises a quite disturbing conclusion of what Ise's possible karma might be...
That would be very very painful to read. That is a hell worse than hell for Ise. Hell it would kill the girls knowing Ise will out live them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsengnim View Post
even if his life force goes to infinite thanks to his new body he uses it up like it's going out of style.

im sure if that's the case Ishibumi will put him in an unfair position again as to force him to use it up to protect the people he loves.
I think if it really is true that as of the moment its not possible to die this will happen. Actually it is the perfect way to find out what these latent dragons can do espeically if he unlocked them both at the same time. Ise gets pushed to the edge and reaches deep within himself pulling for every fiber of his being to fight. Both Great Red and Orphis unlock. He fights with the power of all three dragons collapsing at the end and sleeping for days. He wake up to Koneko on him naked and she informs him that his life has gone from infinite to some stable number.
Biohazardous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 18:17   Link #71
DocBernax2814

I think Issei need to train with someone of great power.

Like one of the gods of nord or even Great Red.
Old 2014-05-28, 18:32   Link #72
Royalknightftw

@Docbernaxxx The way i see it Issei could train with Crom Cruach since his dream is to see dragons reaching the whole new level and Crom seems to have a good grasp about Issei's potential, after Issei's training with him they have to kill each other
Old 2014-05-28, 18:37   Link #73
Biohazardous

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBernax2814 View Post
I think Issei need to train with someone of great power.

Like one of the gods of nord or even Great Red.
That is true but I doubt Great Red would want to leave and spend time training. Old-Man would gladly help Ise. Humm maybe Ophis will train him.
Old 2014-05-28, 18:40   Link #74
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazardous View Post
That is true but I doubt Great Red would want to leave and spend time training. Old-Man would gladly help Ise. Humm maybe Ophis will train him.
Who better to help Ise unlock his dormant powers than Ophis-chan?
Old 2014-05-28, 18:42   Link #75
Biohazardous

That would be nice then we can get more action from her. I loved that shopping short story with her and her describing who she was with. I was cracking up reading that and picturing them animating that. Omg need a OVA for that right MEOW.
Old 2014-05-28, 18:45   Link #76
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Well, Ishibumi said he plans to write more things about Lilith (Ophis' other half) in this arc, so we should be getting more development with Ophis as well.
Old 2014-06-03, 17:58   Link #77
DocBernax2814

Longinus Smasher, the most powerful and prohibited weapon in Issei arsenal.

But how powerful it really is?

We know that a blast while fused with Great Red can kill something as monumental as the Jabberwoki and one normal blast almost kill Shalba.

But how powerful it really is? Powerfull enough to kill any of the peers of Rias? a Maou? a god?

Comments please!
Old 2014-06-03, 18:08   Link #78
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBernax2814 View Post
Longinus Smasher, the most powerful and prohibited weapon in Issei arsenal.

But how powerful it really is?

We know that a blast while fused with Great Red can kill something as monumental as the Jabberwoki and one normal blast almost kill Shalba.

But how powerful it really is? Powerfull enough to kill any of the peers of Rias? a Maou? a god?

Comments please!
longinus smasher = a tool that can destroy longinus weapons wich can kill gods.

so we can assume Issei can kill anything up to god level wich pretty much means nobody is safe it's prohibited for a reason.
Old 2014-06-03, 18:14   Link #79
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsengnim View Post
longinus smasher = a tool that can destroy longinus weapons wich can kill gods.

so we can assume Issei can kill anything up to god level wich pretty much means nobody is safe it's prohibited for a reason.
Spoiler for volume 17:

It's strong enough to be on par with a Maou (not counting Sirzechs and Ajuka's true forms) but not God-level yet. It could definitely kill anyone at the level of Rias' peerage though.
Old 2014-06-03, 18:20   Link #80
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary29 View Post
Spoiler for volume 17:

It's strong enough to be on par with a Maou (not counting Sirzechs and Ajuka's true forms) but not God-level yet. It could definitely kill anyone at the level of Rias' peerage though.
i doubt it would be prohibited if that's all there was to it would kind of make it not that impressive.

it's power will no doubt improve drastically since he almost killed euclid who in the fake BB could've been considered maou class wich should be on par with god class if im not mistaken.