Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-02-04, 21:50   Link #421
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira0802 View Post
OK, I just changed it. It's a fairly common error since Chinese doesn't have a time tense, but only adverbs. After all, Teh Ping was translating from Chinese, and I don't think that he's used to it
This is what happens when I try to switch from present (my original, maybe unorthodox style, since pretty much everyone else uses past tenses) to past tense (If you're wondering, Volume 7 of Index was completely translated from Chinese). Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 22:21   Link #422
falcolobo
The Third Runner

Can someone give me a basic IS list with all of the weapons for the known IS? You don't have to but I just want to see.....

Also, was Yamada Maya the canidate for Japan back in her younger days?
falcolobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 22:29   Link #423
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick05 View Post
It is ok. It took me an hour to translate from english to spanish a couple of panels from Code Geass:KoN and a day to translate a page of Zero no tsukaima from japanese to spanish.

In fact, I really appreciate BT effort to translate IS, since I know all the work that is required. You are making it free btw, so you have the right to make a lot of errors.

Now, since we are discussing about it, here is my crazy/sad theory of why Ichika can pilot an IS:
Spoiler for Spoiler!!!!:

hope you like it. XD
after Ichika was found to be able to pilot an IS the world governments are very likely to go into extensive searches for more like him. Since none had come up it means that it is pretty much just ichika.

Most likely it is that tabane tweeked the IS to allow Ichika only to pilot as a means to make things up to her sister. Or that it's creation likely with Chifuyu in mind (which was why girls were only able to pilot IS) extended instead onto Ichika since he is blood related to her. Ichika is very likely the first and only male in the world who will ever be able to pilot an IS unless Tabane decides to try and change it.

that aside i have a question. Does Houki have a personal IS? She is ranked C as a pilot but she is also the sister of Tabane which likely gives her special rights. Yet in the anime it was mentioned that he borrowed a prototype mass production IS.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 22:36   Link #424
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
This is what happens when I try to switch from present (my original, maybe unorthodox style, since pretty much everyone else uses past tenses) to past tense (If you're wondering, Volume 7 of Index was completely translated from Chinese). Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Haha, no problem. After all, the translation is going thanks to you.
Old 2011-02-04, 22:38   Link #425
larethian

by the way, I've found Kadokawa Taiwan's Chinese translations to be grossly inaccurate at times, based on Chrome Shelled Regios. though it's rare enough to be ignorable.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 23:16   Link #426
Maverick05

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcolobo View Post
Can someone give me a basic IS list with all of the weapons for the known IS? You don't have to but I just want to see.....

Also, was Yamada Maya the canidate for Japan back in her younger days?
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...55#post3450755

Page 15 of the threat has a basic list of the weapons available.

Yet, if you want a short summary of it:
4th Generation IS use zelda-type katanas. Great Katanas and dual wield katanas that are able to throw beams.

3rd Generation use plasma/energy long/middle range cannons with bits/swords or guns for short range.

Charlotte`s Revive Custom is designed to be a cookie cutter, so basically it can equip any weapon available. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
after Ichika was found to be able to pilot an IS the world governments are very likely to go into extensive searches for more like him. Since none had come up it means that it is pretty much just ichika.

Most likely it is that tabane tweeked the IS to allow Ichika only to pilot as a means to make things up to her sister. Or that it's creation likely with Chifuyu in mind (which was why girls were only able to pilot IS) extended instead onto Ichika since he is blood related to her. Ichika is very likely the first and only male in the world who will ever be able to pilot an IS unless Tabane decides to try and change it.

that aside i have a question. Does Houki have a personal IS? She is ranked C as a pilot but she is also the sister of Tabane which likely gives her special rights. Yet in the anime it was mentioned that he borrowed a prototype mass production IS.
Yeah, they might have tried, but I am not sure they tried with the same core. XD In fact, I am sure that Tabane actually got the core asap and started to analyze what was going on.

About the IS and the core, I think it was confirmed that Tabane did tweak it so that Ichika could go to the Academy and make up for her sister. Yet it was suppose to be a ruse and the IS was suppose to be controlled by remote control. I am pretty sure that Tabane knows how to make 4th Gen IS, but she still doesnīt understand completely why only females can pilot them and she has no clue about why Ichika can. BTW I don`t think it is a blood relation that allows Ichika to pilot the IS IMHO, or maybe I am wrong!!! XD

About Houki, she is a terrible pilot (maybe the anger against her sister is the problem). But she is still the baby sister of Tabane!!! Her IS, the Crimson/Red Wing, was made as a "complement" of Byakku Shiki (it has long range sword beam, is able to recharge BS after using shield break, etc) with the same 4th Generation technology. I think it was mentioned that she gets it at the end of the 3rd Volume (episode 7/8?).
Maverick05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 23:24   Link #427
cyberdemon

Quote:
About Houki, she is a terrible pilot (maybe the anger against her sister is the problem). But she is still the baby sister of Tabane!!! Her IS, the Crimson/Red Wing, was made as a "complement" of Byakku Shiki (it has long range sword beam, is able to recharge BS after using shield break, etc) with the same 4th Generation technology. I think it was mentioned that she gets it at the end of the 3rd Volume (episode 7/8?).
likely is Houki's problem. No matter how smart someone could be if they don't have the motivation to put in the effort then they are no different than anyone else. Houki doesn't try due to her distain for her sister and wha IS made her lose out on and it's making her look like a bad pilot. but if she was to put in the motivation and efforts she could likely be top tier.

btw is there any information in the LN about the unregistered core? did tabane make it or did the phantom task unlock the secret? If it was PT then it would seem wierd for it to crash a battle by a bunch of newbie students and then easedrop on them when they weren't attacking. i get the feeling it was probably tabane listening in on her precious sister's rival. She was trying to make a remote controlled IS so ichika couldgo to the academy and that was the result despite the fact that Ichika got in because he could actually pilot one. It does sound like something a mad scientist with a few screws loose would do. lol

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2011-02-05 at 00:10.
Old 2011-02-05, 00:40   Link #428
Maverick05

Quote:
btw is there any information in the LN about the unregistered core? did tabane make it or did the phantom task unlock the secret? If it was PT then it would seem wierd for it to crash a battle by a bunch of newbie students and then easedrop on them when they weren't attacking. i get the feeling it was probably tabane listening in on her precious sister's rival. She was trying to make a remote controlled IS so ichika couldgo to the academy and that was the result despite the fact that Ichika got in because he could actually pilot one. It does sound like something a mad scientist with a few screws loose would do. lol
Well, remember that Phantom Task is a terrorist organization trying to conquer the world in the name of The Yuri/lesbianism.

Suddenly this Ichika appears.....a boy that pilots the most advance/newer IS (media published that he was piloting a 3.5 generation IS), and that he can/may/will fix back the balance of power between man and woman (aka men owns, women to the kitchen!!)....

So what is PT oficial stand:
Ok....this boy.....we donīt know anything about him besides what the media says.....lets launch a drone to test him. If he is bad, it will kill him and case solved. If he some how survives, we need some intel to know if:
A) His IS is that awesome, so we need to steal it
B) he is that well trained (tactical/field strategy), so we need to send someone good to kill him
C) All of the above.
Old 2011-02-05, 00:44   Link #429
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

[QUOTE=ZeKeR;3470900]
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post

ookay... info overload... so THATS why...
I wasn't trying to make a spoiler, I tried to shorten a quote, but failed horribly. And once again, any one know where they mentioned Houki's potential?
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 00:58   Link #430
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
I wasn't trying to make a spoiler, I tried to shorten a quote, but failed horribly. And once again, any one know where they mentioned Houki's potential?
in chapter 3 of the manga it is mentioned that she is pretty low rank (rank c)

Quote:
Well, remember that Phantom Task is a terrorist organization trying to conquer the world in the name of The Yuri/lesbianism.

Suddenly this Ichika appears.....a boy that pilots the most advance/newer IS (media published that he was piloting a 3.5 generation IS), and that he can/may/will fix back the balance of power between man and woman (aka men owns, women to the kitchen!!)....

So what is PT oficial stand:
Ok....this boy.....we donīt know anything about him besides what the media says.....lets launch a drone to test him. If he is bad, it will kill him and case solved. If he some how survives, we need some intel to know if:
A) His IS is that awesome, so we need to steal it
B) he is that well trained (tactical/field strategy), so we need to send someone good to kill him
C) All of the above.
didn't answer my question. Was it confirmed that they sent it? Also who made it if Tabane is the only person in the world who knows how the core is made?
Old 2011-02-05, 09:25   Link #431
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

For the thing that Tabane was the one that created men-pilotabe ISes... how could she guess that Ichika was going to get lost in that academy and then stumble on that IS that was in that room with a big "ONLY STAFF" sign on it? O.o
If Ichika had gone to his exam normally... none of the current story would have happened...
Old 2011-02-05, 10:29   Link #432
ZeKeR
Superbad

i need to recap moar weapons added.... since im looking back at several posts

CQB (not teh names of thar blades plz)

katana-like sword (houki)
katana-longsword-like hybrid that its hilt is like a saber's (ichika)
twin dao that can join together to become a polearm (rinn)
lance (tatenashi) *needs confirmation since i can see from her in teh LN is a lance*
gauntlet (ichika) *someone said that his IS will be equipped with a power fist variant*

RANGE (still needs moar info)

rocket pack (cecilia)
energy sniper rifle (cecilia)
mid-range laser (houki) *still needs confirmation*
dragoon\gun platform system (cecilia)
high power all purpose rifle (charlotte)
laser cannon (somewhere buried in all the posts it was said belonged to laura)
energy lance (tatenashi) *i think that the lance will fire a charged beam*
twin shoulder lasers (rin)

and lets get something right... in terms of combat ability (thats only known)

ICHIKA
-IS power armor has the 'berserker' type configuration in where shield power is diverted to weapon to enhance damage by 200% at the cost of having the user with less shield power or totally defenseless
-power fist\gauntlet add-on will probably ignore shields and inflict much damage on the armor itself
-has the 'field recharge' ability that converts any form of beam\laser attacks into his own energy, making the power armor in the said mode to be nearly untouchable against ranged beam weapons

CECILIA
-long range combat unit effective for sniping and engaging at medium range
-has absolutely NO close combat weaponry
-dragoon platform system is able to distract opponent for user to nail the enemy
-most arsenals are laser based, only rocket packs are exception

RINN
-versatile combat unit thats a challenge in close range and near medium range
-twin shoulder mounted lasers inflict huge damage to enemies

HOUKI
-still dun know about IS power armor stats in combat

CHARLES
-versatile power armor that can be fitted to suit its combat environ
-still dun fully know about its stats in combat

LAURA
-still dun know about its stats in combat

well lulz mode is ovar...

Last edited by ZeKeR; 2011-02-05 at 11:24.
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 10:39   Link #433
Terminator98
*Author

Laura would be Cecila's IS guns upped to the eleven...
Houki's IS was apparently made to "complement" Ichika's, so I guess a safe bet would be "another berserk IS" or "safe melee IS that heals people...
Old 2011-02-05, 10:44   Link #434
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
Houki's IS was apparently made to "complement" Ichika's, so I guess a safe bet would be "another berserk IS" or "safe melee IS that heals people...
wait, she also has the dragoon gun platform?

also, i think houki's power diversion is to the entire armor and sword, but doesnt hit that hard like ichika's when its charged.

YAMADA SENSEI GUN FOR HIM TOO?!

SAY YES DAMMIT!!!! SAY YES!!!!
Old 2011-02-05, 11:18   Link #435
Maverick05

Quote:
For the thing that Tabane was the one that created men-pilotabe ISes... how could she guess that Ichika was going to get lost in that academy and then stumble on that IS that was in that room with a big "ONLY STAFF" sign on it? O.o
If Ichika had gone to his exam normally... none of the current story would have happened...
Actually the "Only Staff" sign is found in the anime. The manga and the novel has a different sign. Ichika was looking the room for the Aitsu High School entrance test and running late too. But instead, got lost and found the Ai-tsu (japanese romanji for I-S) Academy entrance test site, and since the instructor was also running late/closing out, she didn`t notice it was a guy so she just let him in. And please come on, you can see clearly that Ichika has a lot of baka spirit inside him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
didn't answer my question. Was it confirmed that they sent it? Also who made it if Tabane is the only person in the world who knows how the core is made?
Then my answer is: I donīt know. XD

Quote:
Cecilia`s IS is a sniper/long range type machine with energy weapons. Laura`s IS is designed as a artillery, very long range power support.

About Houki's IS, think about it as a combination between a meat shield and a supporter type. Basically it needs to bait the enemy and hold it enough time for Ichika to go for the 1-hit KO. Then recharge the BS if needed and find the next target.

BTW Zeker, don`t forget to add that Ichika`s IS can absorb Energy-based attacks (beams).
Old 2011-02-05, 11:24   Link #436
ZeKeR
Superbad

^and it be fixed.....

what about that pic i saw when houki's IS glowed bright red?
Old 2011-02-05, 11:37   Link #437
Terminator98
*Author

Quote:
BTW Zeker, don`t forget to add that Ichika`s IS can absorb Energy-based attacks (beams).
Which means PLOT HOLE as Cecilia's beams did very nice damage to him, the Drone IS did VERY NICE damage to him... and so forth. (Unless he has to activate it like Alien Soldier)
Old 2011-02-05, 11:54   Link #438
cyberdemon

Quote:
Which means PLOT HOLE as Cecilia's beams did very nice damage to him, the Drone IS did VERY NICE damage to him... and so forth. (Unless he has to activate it like Alien Soldier)
that function hadn't activated yet during their battle. It activated when he gains his 3rd phase
Old 2011-02-05, 11:57   Link #439
Maverick05

Quote:
Actually, you are close to right.

IS has two "phases", and 4th gen IS has 3.

Currently in anime (vol 2 i think) all personal IS are in phase 1, and phase 2 gives an upgrade and new weapons/skills. The Energy absorbing skill is obtained by Ichika when he gets to second phase. They "skill up" happens around volume 5-6 i think .
Old 2011-02-05, 12:03   Link #440
Terminator98
*Author

Mid Season upgrade I see...
Does that upgrade come with badass helmets? (Gundam Unicorn for Ichika ftw...)

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen