AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-08, 17:33   Link #1
mytwin.45s

!!!Powerful Romance Anime!!!

Alright, so im lookin for a powerful romance\anything anime. one that sucks you in till it's all over. im a big fan of action romance so if it has action thats a big plus but im lookin for a good love story first this time around. im a bit picky about it so ill just lay out a few do's and don'ts. echii is fine but not to much, i dont like harems or love triangles that go on too long. I prefer a male lead at least in upper class of high school thats not indecisive or weak. id also like them to realize they like each other before the last episode of the series because half the fun is watching how they deal with their lives together.

these are some of my favorite anime so far:
Toradora!
Black Lagoon(heard there's a third season coming out soon if you know anything let me know too)
Ef a tale of memories
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
Gundam 8th MS team(think thats the right one theres just so many)
Kaze no stigma
Cross Game

thanks ahead of time for your sugestions
Old 2010-05-08, 19:28   Link #2
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Kare Kano is right up your street. Give it a shot. Bokura ga Ita is fantastic, too. There's one thing, though:
Spoiler for Endings:
Old 2010-05-08, 22:54   Link #3
blewin

Eureka Seven. It's mecha and has romance clearly developed till the end (the characters clearly admit they like each other)

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2010-05-09, 01:49   Link #4
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

If you liked the first season of EF, I recommend tracking down and watching the second, although it's not quite as good in my opinion.

Also:
Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu - I personally find this to be the most powerful anime I have watched. Be forewarned that it can be depressing at times.
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
Sola

Also, if you don't mind characters whose love is closer to that between siblings than that between romantic interests, you might be interested in Moon Phase or Kurenai, both of which involve a character becoming an older brother of sorts to a girl they're protecting.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Old 2010-05-09, 14:40   Link #5
MamoruUsagi

Sailor Moon
Fushigi Yuugi
Ayashi no Ceres
Bokura ga Ita
Mars
Paradise Kiss
The Devil Does Exist
Wild Act
Kare First Love
Sand Chronicles
High School Debut
Kare Kano
Akuma De Sourou
Marmalade Boy
Happy Hustle High
Fushigi Yugi
Ultra Cute
Land Of the Blindfolded
Peach Girl
Missile Happy!
B.O.D.Y.
Ceres Celestial Legend
Absolute Boyfriend

are the best romance anime/manga These show the couples dating and in relationships with lots of kissing, some sex, break ups and deep relationships.

The Fushigi Yugi and Ceres Celestial Legend manga are much better than the anime versions.
Old 2010-05-09, 14:57   Link #6
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytwin.45s View Post
I prefer a male lead at least in upper class of high school thats not indecisive or weak. I'd also like them to realize they like each other before the last episode of the series because half the fun is watching how they deal with their lives together.
Watch Clannad/After Story NOW!!!!

What you're asking for fits it perfectly , though it could be argued it starts off "harem-ish", but goes way past that.
MAL
Old 2010-05-09, 15:03   Link #7
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
Kemonozume
Eureka 7
Xam'd: Lost Memories
Busou Renkin

All action/Romance
Old 2010-05-09, 15:38   Link #8
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

you cant go wrong with all seasons of full metal panic
Old 2010-05-09, 15:51   Link #9
deathreape98
Clannad Preacher

Go watch Clannad and then Clannad ~After Story~. Now.

The main is badass. He is in a good high school, but is a delinquent, despite being quite smart. Although there are five girls, the anime adaption is not a harem (VN is) because he only really has his eyes on one girl. While the art and music are awesome, the best part of this anime is how strongly it evokes emotions.... you *will* cry during this.... multiple times. If not, you are heartless. Especially towards the end of ~AS~....

If you watch this, do not watch the movie, it sucks. If you still want to watch it, finish both seasons of the anime first, as the movie has some major spoilers.

While the main, in the beginning, is depressed and seems weak of heart, that changes dramatically, and he is very strong, physically and mentally.

@kk2extreme- I do not think he will like Full Metal Panic, as the first season is very slow on the romance, and the second season hardly even recognizes it.

p.s. After you finish Clannad and fall in love with it, watch Kanon 2006 (Not 2002) and Air. Maybe even Angel Beats! as well, although that is airing now and less heavy on the romance.
Old 2010-05-09, 20:24   Link #10
mytwin.45s

thanks for the suggestions all. im watching kare kano right now and its pretty good. i guess i should include a more full list of anime ive seen here these are just th ones that have romance in them
Spoiler for series ive seen:

there may be some i forgot but this is about as complete as i can get
thanks again for all the suggestions
Closed Thread