AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-09-03, 20:27   Link #2581
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's fine to not believe in God, but I wish you'd believe in proper capitalization and in paragraphs.
I love you man.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 20:29   Link #2582
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKou View Post
I am Athiest, ive grown up as a christian, but as i grew i begane to learn and understand. many people say the view of an athiest is right, many say their religion is right, but my point of view is... Tadaaa.... its Neither or both right.(btw im 14). my view on life is that everyone should live as they please and spend the rest of their life doing what they want to do(even if its killing, it followed the general idea but based on laws and majority of the world, its considered wrong). Dont waste your life, grow up and follow your dream. The reason why i stopped becoming a christian is this... ill start with a story. one day i began to wonder about the possibility of no god... and soon i came across all the things that would be if there was no god. ever since then i began to learn and think more and more. soon my conclusion was. There is no way to prove there is a god. and and ill explain. first off. how did laws come to exist? laws were created through feelings and emotions. in the beginning people thought, oh! i dont want to be killed so lets make a rule stating that murder is illegal. and the others came to being the same way. everything was based on a persons being. as you know about only 20%(guess but i read somewhere.. but you get the point its very little percent) of our personality comes from our parents, our likes and dislikes of food and things come from them. other than that, our general everyday personality comes from experience and growth. its very important at an early age to teach children. when we are young, we are merly dolls. dolls that needs data. based on our enviroment, everyone develops their personalityes on their train of thought, experience, and ect. if a person was never introduced to the concept of being nice, they wouldnt be a nice person. each person develops differently. and this factor is one of the crucial reasons in believing in a religion or not. why do people believe in a religion? for many many reasons. some might be because they grew up with it(these kind of people i call ignorant and foolish), some because other people believe in it, and many other reasons why, one big reason would be that they cant comprehend, come to accept, or understand of the possibility of no god, no god would mean just a complete darkness where you are unaware that you are in that state, its the same as sleeping. many people view that as horrid and scary. but of course, thats just a view, some people believe that eternal life is a hell in itself, the ability to accept a certain view is all based on what kind of person you are, whether you cant accept the possibilities of there being no god, or whether you plain just dont believe it. people can even be born with the tendacy to believe that some omnicient,sentient being created the universe, and vice versa. its based on how we are born and how we grew up. there are other factors but they dont need to be said. everthing is also based on points of view. nobody is right and nobody is wrong. why do criminals think killing and stealing is more okay and not serious than others? its because of human nature of growing up. their ''viewpoints'' are the laws of their own world. since the laws we have currently worldwide in our world now were based on something so easy persuaded as personality, nothing is right or wrong. its only YOUR perspective. there are many religious fanatics who have yet to view the point of the opposite site or even understand the beginning of all. one christian might say, how did the universe be here from the start, i dont believe it was here already. and yet this idiot believes that god was here from way beyond the beginning. Existance is existance. it doesnt need a reason to exist. its the very being of everything.there is no god. and if he existed, i would resent him. i dont like the fact we were created to become slaves to some almight being who can destroy universes with the snap of his finger. also if you look at it from the view of a christian, god is the one who made our personalities the way it is. and if he sent his son to die for our sins which he created in the first place. it pretty much sums up that he set everything up to make himself look like some mighty being. anyway i would rather die and go into the eterntal darkness than be forced to live for all eternity and suffer the fate of immortality. as you saw, my reason is because i dislike and cant believe that god exists, simple and that. but.. im neither right nor wrong. religion is set so that there is nto enough proof that god exists and at the same time there is only enough proof to understand the concept of who they are worshiping. i once told my church pastor that religious people are blind, and he said they are not, they just have a different view. and from that i thought and realized that the view of an athiest and the view of a religious person are 2 sides of a coin. neither is right nor wrong. it depends on our personalities and what side of the coin it picks(and there is also a middle side...which im too lazy to explain and just pm if you want to know). since god cannot be proven or disproven, neither side is right nor wrong. my world view is that we should just live our lives doing what we want in the short time that we have( and when i mean do what we want, please consider other peoples feelings and not go insane and drive a motercycle strapped with c4 into a building or something crazy like that....live a more normal life that other people can agree on) . you can never prove your own religion exists(and if there was proof jejus christ existed, it doesnt mean that he is the son of god, please remember that). the only positive benefit i find out of religion is that it turns people into saints through a lie(my opinion). to sum it all up. the ability to believe in a certain side is because of how we are born and how we grew up mentally(this applies to all beliefs). the answer to the meaning of life is different for everyone, butt he most simpliest and best is that you should live your life the way you want, dont let an opportunity pass. dont waste life and live it to the fullest. (and this huge huge paragraph is disorganized and i may have misspelled and/or not have correctly conveyed my point of view
Woah dude. You've just constructed the giant wall of text, a defense that surely no one can penetrate.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 20:32   Link #2583
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
It's fine to not believe in God, but I wish you'd believe in proper capitalization and in paragraphs.

Quote Of The Day. I'd give you cookies if I could.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 20:41   Link #2584
ArabianLuffy
One King One Legend

I'm Muslim...
Old 2010-09-03, 22:07   Link #2585
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Regardless of my religion, I do believe a higher power exists.

That higher power is a being of infinite dimension, of whom all other dimensional universes and their denizens are projected from.

That being is what space and time were derived from, so it existed outside any timeline and any point of space. It's everywhere at anytime and that being is the same everywhere, anytime.

Just like our shadow cannot do whatever we don't want it to do, we, our universe, the whole reality that is the shadow of its will cannot stray from how it want them to be.

I find that this definition of God is compatible to most monotheistic religion on earth. It even somehow satisfies the science point of view to me.
Old 2010-09-03, 22:49   Link #2586
Random32
Also a Lolicon

not sure what this falls under, but I believe in an omnipotent entity that created the universe with laws to govern it but nothing beyond. He created the laws of physics and the laws of physics eventually got the universe to where it is now.

I think all the organized religions out there are spewing Fear or eternal punishment, Uncertainty of what happens after death/etc, and Doubt to scientific explanations of the uncertain. FUD.
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 23:09   Link #2587
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
I am Athiest, ive grown up as a christian, but as i grew i begane to learn and understand. many people say the view of an athiest is right, many say their religion is right, but my point of view is... Tadaaa.... its Neither or both right.(btw im 14). my view on life is that everyone should live as they please and spend the rest of their life doing what they want to do(even if its killing, it followed the general idea but based on laws and majority of the world, its considered wrong). Dont waste your life, grow up and follow your dream. The reason why i stopped becoming a christian is this... ill start with a story. one day i began to wonder about the possibility of no god... and soon i came across all the things that would be if there was no god. ever since then i began to learn and think more and more. soon my conclusion was. There is no way to prove there is a god. and and ill explain. first off. how did laws come to exist? laws were created through feelings and emotions. in the beginning people thought, oh! i dont want to be killed so lets make a rule stating that murder is illegal. and the others came to being the same way. everything was based on a persons being. as you know about only 20%(guess but i read somewhere.. but you get the point its very little percent) of our personality comes from our parents, our likes and dislikes of food and things come from them. other than that, our general everyday personality comes from experience and growth. its very important at an early age to teach children. when we are young, we are merly dolls. dolls that needs data. based on our enviroment, everyone develops their personalityes on their train of thought, experience, and ect. if a person was never introduced to the concept of being nice, they wouldnt be a nice person. each person develops differently. and this factor is one of the crucial reasons in believing in a religion or not. why do people believe in a religion? for many many reasons. some might be because they grew up with it(these kind of people i call ignorant and foolish), some because other people believe in it, and many other reasons why, one big reason would be that they cant comprehend, come to accept, or understand of the possibility of no god, no god would mean just a complete darkness where you are unaware that you are in that state, its the same as sleeping. many people view that as horrid and scary. but of course, thats just a view, some people believe that eternal life is a hell in itself, the ability to accept a certain view is all based on what kind of person you are, whether you cant accept the possibilities of there being no god, or whether you plain just dont believe it. people can even be born with the tendacy to believe that some omnicient,sentient being created the universe, and vice versa. its based on how we are born and how we grew up. there are other factors but they dont need to be said. everthing is also based on points of view. nobody is right and nobody is wrong. why do criminals think killing and stealing is more okay and not serious than others? its because of human nature of growing up. their ''viewpoints'' are the laws of their own world. since the laws we have currently worldwide in our world now were based on something so easy persuaded as personality, nothing is right or wrong. its only YOUR perspective. there are many religious fanatics who have yet to view the point of the opposite site or even understand the beginning of all. one christian might say, how did the universe be here from the start, i dont believe it was here already. and yet this idiot believes that god was here from way beyond the beginning. Existance is existance. it doesnt need a reason to exist. its the very being of everything.there is no god. and if he existed, i would resent him. i dont like the fact we were created to become slaves to some almight being who can destroy universes with the snap of his finger. also if you look at it from the view of a christian, god is the one who made our personalities the way it is. and if he sent his son to die for our sins which he created in the first place. it pretty much sums up that he set everything up to make himself look like some mighty being. anyway i would rather die and go into the eterntal darkness than be forced to live for all eternity and suffer the fate of immortality. as you saw, my reason is because i dislike and cant believe that god exists, simple and that. but.. im neither right nor wrong. religion is set so that there is nto enough proof that god exists and at the same time there is only enough proof to understand the concept of who they are worshiping. i once told my church pastor that religious people are blind, and he said they are not, they just have a different view. and from that i thought and realized that the view of an athiest and the view of a religious person are 2 sides of a coin. neither is right nor wrong. it depends on our personalities and what side of the coin it picks(and there is also a middle side...which im too lazy to explain and just pm if you want to know). since god cannot be proven or disproven, neither side is right nor wrong. my world view is that we should just live our lives doing what we want in the short time that we have( and when i mean do what we want, please consider other peoples feelings and not go insane and drive a motercycle strapped with c4 into a building or something crazy like that....live a more normal life that other people can agree on) . you can never prove your own religion exists(and if there was proof jejus christ existed, it doesnt mean that he is the son of god, please remember that). the only positive benefit i find out of religion is that it turns people into saints through a lie(my opinion). to sum it all up. the ability to believe in a certain side is because of how we are born and how we grew up mentally(this applies to all beliefs). the answer to the meaning of life is different for everyone, butt he most simpliest and best is that you should live your life the way you want, dont let an opportunity pass. dont waste life and live it to the fullest. (and this huge huge paragraph is disorganized and i may have misspelled and/or not have correctly conveyed my point of view
Help, I think my eyes are bleeding.
Old 2010-09-04, 01:30   Link #2588
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
And He created the lingua franca and called it English. That for, he then created the Grammars, Sentence Structures and Dialectics. God save the Queen.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 02:51   Link #2589
Luna91

Christian
Old 2010-09-04, 08:54   Link #2590
LeoXiao
思想工作

was anyone actually hardcore enough to read the textwall? I did.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 11:18   Link #2591
LMF

^ You're a brave one.

My religion....I consider myself a Catholic but a lapsed one though. I need to confess more.
LMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 11:45   Link #2592
ArabianLuffy
One King One Legend

Quote:
Spoiler:
I really tried to continue reading this, but I couldn't..

but saying people who believe in religion are foolish and ignorant.. wow.. I feel sorry for you

but all I can say to you have a nice day
Old 2010-09-04, 12:13   Link #2593
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler for Biggest block of text:
To summarize this large block of text for everyone, after carefully reading it.

He is an Atheist that used to be Christian, but as he learned more and more about the society that Humans created. He started to believe in god less and less, thus eventually becoming an Atheist. He believes that Humans created everything as this point, our laws/personalities/knowledge/etc. People who kill/murder others are generally in their "Own World" which they think the laws of nature in their own world is right, that is why they follow it. The others is just generally explaining ourselves . He also talks about the religious fanatics, and that they cannot see the true feature of the world yet. (Or thats what I think after reading it )

But to say something, humans seek a being that is superior when they are in a state of depression, that is why they are probably fanatics. Their chance of luck came upon them at that one time they prayed for that higher being, making them think it was "its" work.
Old 2010-09-04, 12:22   Link #2594
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArabianLuffy View Post
I really tried to continue reading this, but I couldn't..

but saying people who believe in religion are foolish and ignorant.. wow.. I feel sorry for you

but all I can say to you have a nice day
Im pretty sure he said that whether or not you believe in God depends of your viewpoint and its neither right nor wrong.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 18:38   Link #2595
Luna91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
To summarize this large block of text for everyone, after carefully reading it.

He is an Atheist that used to be Christian, but as he learned more and more about the society that Humans created. He started to believe in god less and less, thus eventually becoming an Atheist. He believes that Humans created everything as this point, our laws/personalities/knowledge/etc. People who kill/murder others are generally in their "Own World" which they think the laws of nature in their own world is right, that is why they follow it. The others is just generally explaining ourselves . He also talks about the religious fanatics, and that they cannot see the true feature of the world yet. (Or thats what I think after reading it )

But to say something, humans seek a being that is superior when they are in a state of depression, that is why they are probably fanatics. Their chance of luck came upon them at that one time they prayed for that higher being, making them think it was "its" work.
Thanks for the summary Hooves Its interesting what he said about killers/murders having their 'own world' so to speak, it seems to make sense, a lot of murderers seem to show no remorse and feel they are completely justified in their actions. but why is it just murderers that have their 'own world'? there are plenty of other ways to break the law and maintain that you are justified, and also most people have their 'own world' or view on what they think is right and wrong, which is just peoples view on morality i guess.
Old 2010-09-04, 19:39   Link #2596
Qikz

I personally don't believe in any gods, but I don't believe in Atheism either, I'm just happy knowing the fact I'm perfectly fine not believing anything, it also allows me to feel fine if people do think there is some kind of god up wherever there may be.

My main view of religion now is especially Christianity is so skewed as nobody even has the origional texts anymore, so I see Christianity as almost censored as a Religion as when the scribes were translating the bible down through the ages, they more than likely chopped stuff out or changed stuff or maybe even mistranslated. There's no proof either way so I don't mind people being that religion, I just don't believe in it myself.

Extremism in Religion is an awful, awful thing. They're taking the texts that are supposed to help people and bending them to make it seem like what they are doing is correct. Overall though I see religion as a man made thing which was created to ease the pressure on people giving them something to believe in, or used to scare monger by the various churches to get people to bend to their will.

People are allowed to believe what they want to believe, I just prefer not to believe in anything.

EDIT: Can I ask a question to any Catholics? (at least I think it's Catholocism that practices this). Why, if god is supposed to be everywhere and can see anything, must you get married in a Church? I've never understood that.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 20:17   Link #2597
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post

EDIT: Can I ask a question to any Catholics? (at least I think it's Catholocism that practices this). Why, if god is supposed to be everywhere and can see anything, must you get married in a Church? I've never understood that.
Marriages are held in a church to assure rightful human witnesses. Because a marriage without rightful witnesses is just the same as a one night stand you can get anywhere.
Old 2010-09-04, 21:09   Link #2598
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Marriages are held in a church to assure rightful human witnesses. Because a marriage without rightful witnesses is just the same as a one night stand you can get anywhere.
Arnt marriages being held at churches more of a "Common Human Knowledge" then something from a religion? I mean doesnt the majority of religions and even Atheist do this?
Old 2010-09-04, 21:19   Link #2599
Luna91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Arnt marriages being held at churches more of a "Common Human Knowledge" then something from a religion? I mean doesnt the majority of religions and even Atheist do this?
I think they probably started off in the church or some form of communal gathering and its just turned into a tradition now, regardless of your religion.
Old 2010-09-04, 22:17   Link #2600
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~

Ummm (Doesn't completley understand whats going on)
People marry in churches because of tradition right?
But when it comes to religion you are getting married under Gods eyes so you "can't" divorce or you its a sin think I am correct right there as said "Till death do us apart"
EnchantingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
not a debate, philosophy, religion