AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 12 (S1 END) Rating
Perfect 10 46 27.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 24.55%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 16.17%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 10.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 3.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 6 3.59%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 2.99%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.60%
1 out of 10 : Painful 15 8.98%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-09-20, 14:02   Link #141
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
If you think about it, what happened was an excellent way for the show to keep viewers dedicated. Because of what happened, we are all going to wait till the second season to confirm that inaho and seylum are actually dead. Personally, i dont think they actually killed inaho, even if the frame by frame does not show any ambiguity. I dont know about you guys, but i know no anime/manga/light novel were the mc was permanently killed half way thru the series. To do so would be a guaranteed way to lose viewers or readers, which the writers dont want, because no viewers means no money.
What about
Spoiler for Gurren Lagann spoilers:
Old 2014-09-20, 14:03   Link #142
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Slaine is japan's most popular character because they love their angst filled, flawed, conflicted, does stupid things, character type. he can't carry the show because he runs in direct contrast with literally every other character in the show. every named character has a defined function and they carry it out to the best of their ability. Slaine's function hasn't been defined and both he and his purpose have been so wishy washy that its makes for unpleasant viewing.

and if the princess is alive, you can be sure she'll want to be the one to put down Slaine. because from her point of view, regardless of their past, he helped slazzzbaumn take down Inaho. and slazzbaum wanted to kill her. how do you think she'll react when Slaine lets her know he killed Orange-kun? the good luck locket falling out of frame? symbolism.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2014-09-20, 14:03   Link #143
zerozeronine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Because the fans in Japan don't seem to like Inaho and the princess all that much. So why would they care Slaine killed him?
Nah,Japan sometimes abandon characters that they feel betrayed them,even when they started out insanely popular.Slaine will get a backlash,how bad or lack of will depend on how the 2nd cour will go.
Old 2014-09-20, 14:05   Link #144
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
Nah,Japan sometimes abandon characters that they feel betrayed them,even when they started out insanely popular.Slaine will get a backlash,how bad or lack of will depend on how the 2nd cour will go.
Not seeing a lot of backlash. I am seeing a lot of people celebrating some deaths.

Misunderstandings kill people. I called out Inaho's decision to make Slaine his enemy would come back to bite him in the ass.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-09-20, 14:05   Link #145
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
Then let's agree to disagree. We'll see what happens.
Old 2014-09-20, 14:06   Link #146
Wandering Soul

I needed time to process that ending and calm down a little and I am having only little success.

Dioscuria continued showing how OP it was by having that abilities of the previous mechs but it was balanced it out with weakness and the fact that Inaho had experience against some of it's abilities. I actually got a chuckle out of Inko asking Inaho if she was a decoy. We also saw Slaine somehow activate the Thrasis and so far it seems to focus on speed.

Slaine interferes with Inaho's attempt to kill Sazzbaum which causes them all to crash into the chamber with the Aldnoah drive. This gives Sazzbaum the chance to kill Asseylum which makes Slaine indirectly responsible for her death. After that Slaine kills Sazzbaum which Sazzbaum more than happily accepted. Yuki was right and Inaho really did care deeply for the princess as we are treated to flashbacks of her from Inaho's perspective. Even the CPR scene was important to him. Slaine kills Inaho for going towards the princess's body and for pulling a gun on him. They recognize each other right before Inaho's death. Inaho seemed as if he was willing to accept death.

Guess all those predicitons about Yuki, Marito, or even Rayet dying were wrong. I am even see Rayet being a MC for season 2. I also doubt the princess's death since we were told her whereabouts are unknown rather than deceased. Now we'll see where Slaine moves on from here and his next course of actions. He will probably try to figure out why he can activate Aldnoah drives.

All in all a pretty cool season finale
Old 2014-09-20, 14:06   Link #147
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Not seeing a lot of backlash. I am seeing a lot of people celebrating Inaho's death.
Also a lot of people going back to see Slaine's torture scene, one even comment on how he want to play it on loop and with music and popcorn.
Old 2014-09-20, 14:07   Link #148
coded321
He Who Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
What about
Spoiler for Gurren Lagann spoilers:
Technically that was the second protagonist, not the main one. The show never made sense to me anyway. For what i've heard and seen, that show is just as rage worthy as valvrave.
Old 2014-09-20, 14:09   Link #149
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

The legend of orange has been etched into history.
Old 2014-09-20, 14:09   Link #150
Key Board
Carbon

Slaine is popular not because he makes the right decision or people can relate to him
Slaine is popular because he is unlucky and he is the show constantly shits on him
it's schadenfreude/suffering moe

Slaine fans do NOT want Slaine to have a happy ending
They want Slaine to go down the most tragic and painful route possible
and he's on the right track

This episode will only increase his following
mission accomplished, I'd say
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2014-09-20, 14:09   Link #151
Redhazard
Desert Man

I am content.

Sazzbaum totally jobbed there though.

He also probably survived. I will laugh if that's the case.
Old 2014-09-20, 14:09   Link #152
Ryuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Ryuuga: Added frames of the princess getting shot. Looks like a graze to me.
Yeah, I reckon Inaho's still in there. Asseylum's about 50-50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I am literally still shaking from that ending...I...I'm trying to calm down....
Me too LOL, I'm proper hyper right now. Aldnoah isn't perfect, but damn if it didn't shake me up. On top of Saazbaum's Dioscuria being an almagam of everything Inaho and co. have fought up to now, Saazbaum was emotionally charged, whereas Inaho kept calm under pressure, mirroring what Inaho said about the reasons behind war and how he didn't care for it, whereas Saazbaum found them worthy of justifying his hatred towards Terrans. This episode cemented that Saazbaum could never reconcile his hatred and envy for Earth and Terrans, despite the fact he knew it was something Asseylum's father cooked up just to rile them. It was that deep-seated. He knew the flaws of Martian society, but in the end, he couldn't escape it.

Quote:
I'm so incoherent of how much I loved this episode! I was bracing myself for a weak finale, but I got what I wanted at last. It's too bad Rayet and Slaine never met though.
Haha, yeah, I knew you were gonna be happy.
Old 2014-09-20, 14:11   Link #153
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
The reactions on Niconico by the way after the airing:

Old 2014-09-20, 14:11   Link #154
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Slaine is popular not because he makes the right decision or people can relate to him
Slaine is popular because he is unlucky and he is the show constantly shits on him
it's schadenfreude/suffering moe

This episode will only increase his following
mission accomplished, I'd say
Are you telling me that I secretly wanted Saki to suffer? OMG
Old 2014-09-20, 14:12   Link #155
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

well At least they manage to outdone Sunrise in this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
Technically that was the second protagonist, not the main one. The show never made sense to me anyway. For what i've heard and seen, that show is just as rage worthy as valvrave.
not really. they end it in glorious way. thought if you are shipping. you may rage

Old 2014-09-20, 14:12   Link #156
magnuskn

Hmm, yeah. A bit too much of a "controversy" ending for the first cour. We'll see whom survives to see the start of S2.
Old 2014-09-20, 14:12   Link #157
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
She will probably get revived by aldnoah magic. more curious about how inaho is going to survive. That shot seems fatal
Inaho's not popular enough to be kept alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
According to... you? Slaine fans want him to be rewarded. Please try to read his threads and the Japanese websites and you'll see complain about his suffering. They want Slaine happy, they tolerate his pain as long as there's pay off. His seiyuu is an example of it.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-09-20, 14:13   Link #158
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Not seeing a lot of backlash. I am seeing a lot of people celebrating some deaths.

Misunderstandings kill people. I called out Inaho's decision to make Slaine his enemy would come back to bite him in the ass.
Inaho was right. Slaine was an enemy.

Quote:
Inaho's not popular enough to be kept alive.
and if he does, what will you do? Will you eat a crow?
Old 2014-09-20, 14:14   Link #159
coded321
He Who Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
The reactions on Niconico by the way after the airing:

Can someone translate that?
Old 2014-09-20, 14:15   Link #160
Esclair

Man, Slaine really is the Suzaku of this series.

I guess Inaho could always come back just like Orange did in Code Geass, as a super cyborg.
Closed Thread