AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-12-11, 23:03   Link #581
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

I don't think it'd necessarily be more Shoujo-looking than EP4's art...I was actually wondering, since EP4 started, how the violent scenes would be handled, but after seeing the first twilight I can't say I disapprove. If I recall, Watanagashi/Meakashi's art was quite appropriately spooky when necessary, so I think it'd work pretty well with Umineko too.
KanonTheFurniture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 08:59   Link #582
~Ayane~

Quote:
Who do you hope to be the mangakas for EP7-8? Personally I'd take Jirou Suzuki for Requiem
hell no

fortunately i think she is doing something else now (there was some ad in current gfantasy) and hopefully she will stick with it until all of umineko is taken.

i would gladly welcome new artists personally

Quote:
I don't think it'd necessarily be more Shoujo-looking than EP4's art
you think this is shojo looking?
~Ayane~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 09:07   Link #583
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

I wasn't much of a fan of Jirou Suzuki's art personally. And Natsumi Kei for EP8 might not really fit, since her style was best with the creepy factor. Unless it's going to have a downer ending.
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 15:53   Link #584
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Nabiki Asakura
Episode 4 chapter 15
Episode 2 chapter 23

Nabiki Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 17:04   Link #585
Rattan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabiki Asakura View Post
Woot! An update! Thanks guys!
Rattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 00:43   Link #586
Noob1992

Hello, Nabiki-san,i'm Lambdadelta ( this name is from vnsharing.net) ,i'm from vnsharing.net group (http://vnsharing.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24), i really enjoy your works (especailly umineko series) so i want to translate it to my friends who can't read english (or too lazy to read =_=). Can you let me use your Umineko scans to retranslate into Vietnamese ? if you agreed , i could translate this awesome work to my vietnamese friends who doesn't know about this series, can you? kana~kana~? i wanna take it home~ ,please
Noob1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 16:47   Link #587
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator

episode 6 chapter 1

(just saying that I've already answered Lambdadelta-san by pm, ok? i'm not ignoring her or anything...)

Last edited by Nabiki Asakura; 2010-12-23 at 17:06.
Old 2010-12-23, 22:11   Link #588
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

I don't know if it's because you guys were collaborating with that other group, but there are a LOT more typos than usual in the EP6 chapter...I don't mean to sound like a jerk, it's just really noticeable, and I think there should be more proofreading done before releasing the chapters :/
KanonTheFurniture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 11:40   Link #589
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator

I'm just responsable for cleaning and edition this time, translation and proofread is cougarpeople work, but I'll alert her about it =3

Old 2010-12-24, 20:56   Link #590
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

I'm officially a huge fan of the Episode 6 art!
Old 2010-12-26, 00:38   Link #591
Noob1992

I think Natsumi Kei and Jirou Suzuki arts is better, can't wait for ep 3 chapters
Noob1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 06:55   Link #592
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

I like all the Umineko mangakas, while Natsumi Kei, Jirou Suzuki and Hinase Momoyama are the best of the bunch. EP6 art is great, I'll have to read Minagoroshi-hen sometime as well...
I noticed the typos too.
Bluemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 16:42   Link #593
~Ayane~

Quote:
Jirou Suzuki
Quote:
best of the bunch.
yeah, isnt she ?

Spoiler:

Jiro Suzuki makes characters hideous, Hanase Momoyama cant draw a single background and Akitaka just can't "catch" characters except for the few (but s/he might actually get better with time, Natsumi's Battler for example didnt look very good at first too)
Natsumi Kei is awesome and Souichirou is awesome (except for drawing boys), those two new guys are bearable but i hope they will change some things with time, and Ep2...ugh im glad it ended. Higurashi's mangas also arent anything special majorly...meh, for a series that great Square could choose better...
~Ayane~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 10:54   Link #594
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ayane~ View Post
yeah, isnt she ?

Spoiler:

Jiro Suzuki makes characters hideous.
I like to think he's just being personal. And isn't Maria supposed to look "hideous" there? It's not like were not used to ugly expressions in Umineko.
Old 2010-12-27, 20:16   Link #595
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Maria isn't supposed to look 'hideous' at all. Just look at the VNs, she looks evil, but otherwise perfectly fine-looking.

I think Jirou Suzuki's exaggerated expressions really look terrible, no offense.
Old 2010-12-28, 15:30   Link #596
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

With "hideous" I don't mean DEEN-QUALITY, the example there is honestly not that bad (for me). But I do understand where you're coming from, there's also characters being much skinnier than they're supposed to. Liking Jirou Suzuki might be my fault of immensely enjoying trollfaces.
Old 2010-12-28, 16:59   Link #597
Hiera

I'd like Yutori Hojo to draw some Umineko episode. She drown few Umineko pictures and posted them on her web site, here:
http://yutori.main.jp/gallery.html

But right now she is drawing her own manga, Gakuen Nightmare and I don't think she will have time for Umineko.
Old 2010-12-28, 20:14   Link #598
Ace of Dragons
AKA Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ayane~ View Post
yeah, isnt she ?

Spoiler:

Jiro Suzuki makes characters hideous, Hanase Momoyama cant draw a single background and Akitaka just can't "catch" characters except for the few (but s/he might actually get better with time, Natsumi's Battler for example didnt look very good at first too)
Natsumi Kei is awesome and Souichirou is awesome (except for drawing boys), those two new guys are bearable but i hope they will change some things with time, and Ep2...ugh im glad it ended. Higurashi's mangas also arent anything special majorly...meh, for a series that great Square could choose better...
If you're gonna play that card...
Spoiler for Size:
Not that I like most of Suzuki's character designs, but she's shown improvement and has drawn some scenes pretty well. Just saying that Natsumi Kei's style troll faces aren't that great either.
Spoiler for Two nice panels from Suzuki:

Last edited by Ace of Dragons; 2010-12-28 at 20:24.
Ace of Dragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 20:48   Link #599
Falsetto

Since we're having this discussion...
I admit, Jirou Suzuki used to be my least favourite of the manga artists. However, I've now come to appreciate her style. I honestly don't like how she draws Beato and she often makes characters really thin, but Suzuki excels at emotional impact, imo. She times certain things really well and she's good at page design (her panels are rarely static and square.)
My choices for the next manga artists would be Souichirou for Ep7 and Natsumi Kei for Ep8.
Falsetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 21:00   Link #600
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiera View Post
I'd like Yutori Hojo to draw some Umineko episode. She drown few Umineko pictures and posted them on her web site, here:
http://yutori.main.jp/gallery.html

But right now she is drawing her own manga, Gakuen Nightmare and I don't think she will have time for Umineko.
Isn't she the one who did Watangashi and Meakashi-hen of Higurashi?

Tags
seinen, shounen