AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2009-08-24, 21:16   Link #2261
npcomplete

The topless in NY thing reminds of this old news from Denmark about using topless girls waving speed limit signs to slow drivers down

http://politiken.dk/indland/article241273.ece (original danish article)
http://www.speedbandit.dk/ (video)
npcomplete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 22:36   Link #2262
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by npcomplete View Post
The topless in NY thing reminds of this old news from Denmark about using topless girls waving speed limit signs to slow drivers down

I love Denmark ... its always been my number 2 country to visit after Japan.
Old 2009-08-25, 04:38   Link #2263
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:

A good way to distract males driver and to piss of some feminists.
Old 2009-08-25, 05:21   Link #2264
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:

I think it will cause more car accidents than help prevent it.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 06:41   Link #2265
Woopzilla
Desensitized

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I think it will cause more car accidents than help prevent it.
That's what I was thinking... but probably lower speed accidents: "Whoa, a babe, slow down, slow down!" Then they crawl past staring at her and bump into the car infront that suddenly stopped.
Old 2009-08-27, 00:32   Link #2266
Shadow Kira01

No Muslims at Malaysia Black Eyed Peas concert

Quote:
KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - Muslims in Malaysia have been barred from attending a concert by U.S. hip hop band the Black Eyed Peas sponsored by Guinness which is owned by the world's biggest spirits group Diageo.

The move comes after a Malaysian Islamic court sentenced a 32-year Muslim woman to be caned after she was caught drinking beer in a hotel and at a time when an opposition Islamic party has moved against beer sales.
Generally, the concert will be for non-Muslims only. It sounds kind of strange..
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 01:24   Link #2267
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Such a strange situation to have religious-based laws to limit adherents of a religion that don't apply to everyone else .... why is the Malaysian government in the business of enforcing religious interpreted dogma?
Old 2009-08-27, 12:33   Link #2268
Woopzilla
Desensitized

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC.co.uk
Microsoft in web photo racism row

Software giant Microsoft has apologised for editing a photo to change a black man's head to that of a white man.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8221896.stm

The quality of the shoop is pretty embarrassing in itself.
Old 2009-08-27, 13:18   Link #2269
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woopzilla View Post
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8221896.stm

The quality of the shoop is pretty embarrassing in itself.
Actually... given the behemoth corporation that is Microsoft (and that they actually are diverse and 'color-blind') .... anyone who works in a corporation knows that sometimes it really IS some low-level idiot's fault. In this case a particularly incompetent marketeer who may have attempted the change himself given the complete amateurishness of the result. That person is toast
Old 2009-08-27, 15:01   Link #2270
Saleh
Inactive

Kung fu artist ends hair-raising career to become nun

Quote:
KAIFENG, China (Reuters) - A Chinese kung fu artist who tows cars and cuts paper with her braided hair has given up her crowning glory to officially become a Buddhist nun.

Zhang Tingting completely shaved off the hair that she says has "kung fu power" and extraordinary strength so that she can enter a temple as a nun.

"I really always wanted to cut my hair off, but I couldn't because of the performances. But this time I've given it up for good," Zhang told Reuters. "It feels great."

The 52-year-old artist has performed across China for decades, after taking up martial arts when she was 17. She began living the life of a nun two years ago.

Before bidding her meter-long braid farewell, she pulled six passenger cars some 50 meters (164 ft) through a Beijing suburb, then repeated the feat with ten cars, for about 30 meters, in her hometown of Kaifeng, Henan Province.
Old 2009-08-27, 15:34   Link #2271
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woopzilla View Post
Quote:
"The white head and black hand actually symbolise interracial harmony. It is supposed to show that a person can be white and black, old and young at the same time," said one blogger on the Photoshop Disasters blog.
Very funny..
Old 2009-08-29, 02:52   Link #2272
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Minor bit of crosspost but I didn't want this lost under layers of subforum:
This is either inspirational or completely depressing, watch this clip of a 9-year old japanese boy on a US talk show. The first couple of minutes is the usual boring talkshow host meets japanese nonsense but the kid starts to play....

Also watch it through the end -- they have a surprise for the kid that just knocks his socks off.

http://newsonjapan.com/html/newsdesk/article/75883.php

Old 2009-08-30, 20:57   Link #2273
Shadow Kira01

Hyogo Pref. creating tastier beef through science

Quote:
KOBE--The Hyogo prefectural government will establish new standards for Tajima Beef, a high-quality brand from the prefecture, using scientific analysis of its umami compounds to produce better beef.

In addition to the existing evaluation standards for the level of marbling in beef, the prefectural government will explore the relationship between the umami compounds and eaters' appreciation for beef, using a taste test and other methods. The prefectural government hopes to utilize the data for the favorable blending of feed ingredients or an effective breeding method.

The prefectural government aims to publicize Tajima Beef to consumers by certifying beef that has met the taste standards.

The marbling level of beef has been the key factor in evaluating taste.

Prefectures that produce high-grade beef have studied the umami compounds in beef from their regions to make beef of greater value. Consequently, it has been discovered that beef tastes better if it has a higher content of mons unsaturated fatty acid, especially oleic acid.

The Hyogo prefectural government has focused on inosinic acid, which is found in great quantities in dried bonito, as a component to determine the tastiness of beef.

In the taste test that begins in September, the prefectural government will ask 20 people to taste beef from 20 cows that were given feed containing different compounds.

Based on their evaluation of the beef on eight points, including flavor, sweetness and greasiness, the prefectural government will analyze the relationship between taste assessments and the ratio of oleic, inosinic acids and other compounds in the beef.

The prefectural government plans to conduct the taste test for five years.

An official of the Hyogo Prefectural Technology Center for Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries said, "There's no guarantee Tajima Beef will continue to be enjoyed [by consumers], so the center hopes to enhance the brand with the help of science."

(Aug. 31, 2009)
Sounds complicated..

However, it will produce more tasty beef than usual. Hopefully, these scientifically-enhanced beef will be edible. Speaking of which, wouldn't these beef cost more expensive than any other beef since scientists had invest lots of time and effort, not mentioning fundings into it?
Old 2009-08-30, 22:18   Link #2274
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

It sound rather silly to me. The cow itself is only one of the variable; which part of the beef the meat came is a big ( as tenderness, some part are more tasty than other), the degre of cooking ( a rare steak will always be more tasty than a well done one ) and which what it is ( the sauce, the spices and other garnish) have always a big impact on the taste.
Old 2009-08-31, 03:33   Link #2275
LynnieS

Man sets record for eating 200 lit cigarettes
Quote:
A Westchester magician Saturday night snuffed out his 40-year smoking habit - and 200 cigarettes in his mouth.

Richie Magic, 53, of Scarsdale, set a world record when he extinguished a full carton of lit cigarettes in his mouth in just 6 minutes and 3.7 seconds at Rogue Magic and Fun Shop in Elmhurst. The rules limited him to five cigarettes in his mouth at a time.
Well, at least he managed to quit smoking because of this...

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 13:32   Link #2276
Shadow Kira01

Update: Here is the new cover!

----
Spoiler:

Which PS3 Box Art Is Better For Europe?

Quote:
After getting complaints feedback, Ghostlight has decided to go with the original Japanese art.
Honestly, I have no clue why Ghostlight had to choose something like that to be the European coverart for the TRPG, "Record of the Agarest War" as that the coverart don't seem to reflect what the game is about at all. Then again, this isn't the first time when it comes to localized games. Rarely, the NA or EU localized versions have better coverarts.

Spoiler:

Monster Hunter 3 Cheater Banned Until The Year 9999

Quote:
Dear Customer

You are presently banned for using modded data to connect online. The ban will be left at 22:49 on 12/12/9999. The next time you violate the terms of use, you will never again be able to connect.
It seems that Capcom takes this matter very seriously or perhaps, this is just a typo. I assume the date should be 12/12/2009. Speaking of which, why would anybody use modded data to play MMORPGs? Obviously, the ones who try will get instantly banned. Besides, when it comes to MMORPG, it is all about teamwork and also grinding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS View Post
Man sets record for eating 200 lit cigarettes
Well, at least he managed to quit smoking because of this...
Hopefully, the guy won't die of nicotine-poisoning..

I am assuming that he didn't spit it out after extinguishing the flames but rather swallowed them all. Isn't that a natural health hazard?

Last edited by Shadow Kira01; 2009-09-01 at 12:29. Reason: added new Agarest cover.
Old 2009-09-02, 08:23   Link #2277
Shadow Kira01

Malaysian Muslims allowed at Black Eyed Peas gig

Quote:
The Malaysian government has agreed to let Muslims attend a concert by U.S. hip-hop stars Black Eyed Peas, reversing an earlier ban imposed because the show is sponsored by an alcoholic beverage company, officials said Wednesday.
Just several days ago, Malaysia was going to make the concert a "non-Muslim" only because it was sponsored by Guinness, a beer company. However, after protests from various groups of people that consist of both the religious and conservative of the Islamic world, the Malaysian government is going to lift the ban. Pretty surprising..
Old 2009-09-02, 08:28   Link #2278
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post

Honestly, I have no clue why Ghostlight had to choose something like that to be the European coverart for the TRPG, "Record of the Agarest War" as that the coverart don't seem to reflect what the game is about at all. Then again, this isn't the first time when it comes to localized games. Rarely, the NA or EU localized versions have better coverarts.
Surely for promotion
Old 2009-09-02, 09:53   Link #2279
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Wait, we humans are actually mutants?

..........I choose mind control!
Old 2009-09-02, 10:13   Link #2280
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
Update: Here is the new cover!

----
Spoiler:

Which PS3 Box Art Is Better For Europe?

Spoiler:

Monster Hunter 3 Cheater Banned Until The Year 9999
about that game cover art thing, it reminds me of this
Spoiler for Megaman/Rockman:

& year 9999 A.D.? i could not imagine on how many centuries you have to wait until you can get back online
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
humor