AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-01-07, 14:56   Link #4901
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Well, I didn't think that the latest novels were bad; they were pretty suspenseful and kept me wondering what would happen next. But the long wait for what does happen next killed it.
darkdarkdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 15:43   Link #4902
killersaint
FMPtard

i kind of feel the same...

i just wasn't interested in the lastest novels because they were too much exposition and not enough action. i just want an END at this point. a good one, dammit.

i like to say that my fandom is in hibernation and will emerge anew when there exists something to get excited about. if the anime ever gets a new season, i'll be a total 'tard about it.
til then... not really feelin' it.
killersaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 09:03   Link #4903
Kovikow

Quote:
Originally Posted by killersaint View Post
i kind of feel the same...

i just wasn't interested in the lastest novels because they were too much exposition and not enough action. i just want an END at this point. a good one, dammit.

i like to say that my fandom is in hibernation and will emerge anew when there exists something to get excited about. if the anime ever gets a new season, i'll be a total 'tard about it.
til then... not really feelin' it.
Same with the anime. My problem is if the storyline gets into the fights/action, it will be kinda spoil to read it instead of watching, i mean i like the novels, but in the anime the fight scenes were much better and exciting. and i'd miss all the face expressions of the characters, ok i can use my imagination but then if they do a season after the reading of the finale, it won't be the same.
Kovikow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 20:38   Link #4904
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovikow View Post
Same with the anime. My problem is if the storyline gets into the fights/action, it will be kinda spoil to read it instead of watching, i mean i like the novels, but in the anime the fight scenes were much better and exciting. and i'd miss all the face expressions of the characters, ok i can use my imagination but then if they do a season after the reading of the finale, it won't be the same.

Well, the anime is done nicely. TSR was 13 episodes, and fairly down to the point. If they do finish the anime, it'll be 2 seasons probably. I could survive that. I'm not sure if I will even read the "new" novel coming out (supposedly), It'll take a while for it to be translated anyway.
darkdarkdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 00:34   Link #4905
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

I already added a friendly comment on Gatou's blog...

i hope he listens...

http://gatoh.com/weblog/2010/01/post_71.html#comments

From USA Americas! We await your final book too! We are major fans do not forget us! Story is loved all around the world and we hope for an amazing ending! Short stories after the ending please! We would love to see a funny moment after the ending ...

will they kiss!? I hope so! Don't let Kurtz die! * cries *

We love you!

SelilyChidori ~!
Old 2010-01-10, 03:45   Link #4906
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
If you gonna ask me, I'll let Kurtz die for the sake of......building up Sousuke's psychopowers. (Yes, I do mean like that of Z Gundam.) Besides, when one needs to die (with a purpose or in a badass way) then just leave him alone, acting like Fukuda will leave a bad mark on FMP.
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 13:49   Link #4907
killersaint
FMPtard

i guess i shouldn't complain, cuz Kurz got a good send-off, but i really like him...

i'd like follow-up on his loose ends (Mao, that girl in the hospital, etc.). and if he has to die for good, bring him back like a badass and kill him off in the Final Battle.
Old 2010-01-11, 17:35   Link #4908
Kovikow

Quote:
Originally Posted by killersaint View Post
i guess i shouldn't complain, cuz Kurz got a good send-off, but i really like him...

i'd like follow-up on his loose ends (Mao, that girl in the hospital, etc.). and if he has to die for good, bring him back like a badass and kill him off in the Final Battle.
I'd like to see him alive again too, but actually i can't imagine how could that happen. He clearly died, it was darkness etc. Or idk, Gatouh has much fantasy,but FMP is not into magic or wonderful luck of not-main characters. Maybe going back time. Thats no 4 me

Anyways it's true that his line somehow felt kinda incomplete. Yeah the girl in the hospital, but also hes whole life, afterall his big wish was to live a normal life, he would have deserved it. And now he could never have it, only an affair with Mao before the end?
Old 2010-01-12, 12:57   Link #4909
MisterV

Personally, I'm dreading that it will be a Power Of Love end, with them somehow undoing the alternate history (starting with that experiment in 1984), and then showing how characters live normal lives in our own world. That... would not be amusing.
I do have somewhat more faith in Gatoh though since I've started translating. He doesn't write illogical rubbish, at least as far as I can tell.

Voice from the North - another couple of pages to go...
MisterV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 21:10   Link #4910
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
Personally, I'm dreading that it will be a Power Of Love end, with them somehow undoing the alternate history (starting with that experiment in 1984), and then showing how characters live normal lives in our own world. That... would not be amusing.
I do have somewhat more faith in Gatoh though since I've started translating. He doesn't write illogical rubbish, at least as far as I can tell.

Voice from the North - another couple of pages to go...
I think there is a possibility that there is a power of love ending...
but..not restarting the whole world without armslaves thing...

perhaphs the reason why Sousuke and Chidori are ment to meet and fall inlove is to END the whispering circle?

wuold be interesting ne?
Old 2010-01-13, 03:23   Link #4911
Kovikow

Quote:
Originally Posted by selilychidori View Post
I think there is a possibility that there is a power of love ending...
but..not restarting the whole world without armslaves thing...

perhaphs the reason why Sousuke and Chidori are ment to meet and fall inlove is to END the whispering circle?

wuold be interesting ne?

Yeah thats possible, but how would they end the circle? Currently the only way to do the "normal world" is to redo history, at least thats what Leonard and the otherd baddies think, but maybe theyre wrong, and the world is just ok how is it now. (no it wont be that simple) I also expect something with the theory of Sousuke: that warriors unwritten law thing, where he says that if someone dies, it stays that way, the person really dies. Thats the opposite of Leonards theory. They can bring the person back as a zombie, but thats not him. And maybe later this proves to be true because of the way things happen.
Old 2010-01-13, 10:44   Link #4912
killersaint
FMPtard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovikow View Post
I'd like to see him alive again too, but actually i can't imagine how could that happen. He clearly died, it was darkness etc. Or idk, Gatouh has much fantasy,but FMP is not into magic or wonderful luck of not-main characters. Maybe going back time. Thats no 4 me

Anyways it's true that his line somehow felt kinda incomplete. Yeah the girl in the hospital, but also hes whole life, afterall his big wish was to live a normal life, he would have deserved it. And now he could never have it, only an affair with Mao before the end?
i believe nothing without the presence of a body.
Gauron taught me that.
Old 2010-01-13, 19:06   Link #4913
LeoXiao
思想工作

Why do they have to redo the world to make it fit RL history? Why don't they just undo the Whispers (not the people, just the signals)?
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 23:21   Link #4914
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Why do they have to redo the world to make it fit RL history? Why don't they just undo the Whispers (not the people, just the signals)?
LeoXiao, I believe that is what will happen. Add in the ingredients of interesting unknown plotlines, guts, blood, sweat and tears... and a big awesome kiss in the end...
and a short fumoffu funny ending, and you got yourself a final book...

The key to this ending and how to solve it, is by ending the whispering forever..
Which i believe starts with Chidori. And Sousuke has something to do with it..
Tessa helping of course...

We all know the villian's plan is just plain selfish and wrong..and Chidori (when she was sane) admited that his plan was horrid. (the bed scene in the manor) And he wasn't strong enough to accept life as he had it. Instead he turned vain and wants the world to turn at HIS will..because he thinks he can...

Unlike Sousuke, who had a worst life then he did, had NO parents, had the worst life ever,
yet has a good heart...and accepts the world for what it is...with the good and bad..

(Hell Gauron agrees on that, Leonard admited he told this plan to him and he actually disagreed. If the Hero and his Arch Nemesis actually AGREE that your plan is a pancake failure, ...then crown yourself insane in the membrane my friend cause your a total insane fuktard.)

which of course pisses Leoanrd off..

Anyhow, I think also the combined forces of Tessa and Chidori find a way to seal Sophia...?

Besides, the japanese isn't a fan of trying to REVERT to the original moment..
their more into the "rebuilding after the destruction" not...press the restart button...

It's kinda in their blood after Hiroshima event...
Rebuilding is their strenght..and something they are proud on...

After the armslave war between them is over, and whispering is gone...theres a period of rebuilding...and chidori and sosuuke staring over by going back to school...

Last edited by selilychidori; 2010-01-13 at 23:38.
selilychidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 17:13   Link #4915
kuciy

2MisterV: thanks for your transletions of short stories into russian and english language, looking forward to the next stories from Side Arms 2
kuciy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 22:42   Link #4916
Jehuty77
Legendary Hero

Send a message via MSN to Jehuty77
I'm glad too see the FMP community is still thriving, cant wait for the next novel.

When the voice of the north translation is complete ill update my post on the front page to link to it
Jehuty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 21:35   Link #4917
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty77 View Post
I'm glad too see the FMP community is still thriving, cant wait for the next novel.

When the voice of the north translation is complete ill update my post on the front page to link to it
Yay! I can't wait...
My life needs such a boost..
Old 2010-01-24, 22:48   Link #4918
SkoolRumble4Ya

I'm wondering where can I get FMP Sigma Volume 11 and 12?
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 23:00   Link #4919
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
I'm wondering where can I get FMP Sigma Volume 11 and 12?
To download or to buy? I don't think they've been scanned in yet anywhere, at least not in the Japanese. The versions of the chapters from being serialized in DM are available in Chinese here: http://www.jumpcn.com/m/quan-jin-shu-kuang-chao-sigma/

And if you want to buy them you can order them off kinokuniya or sasuga:
http://www.kinokuniya.com/
http://www.sasugabooks.com/

The downside to Kinokuniya is you have to navigate the site in Japanese, but when you check-out you can switch it to English. You'd have to check between the two to see which winds up being cheaper, I think Kinokuniya will be cheaper for 2 books but a couple of bucks, but if you prefer an easier time of it then go with sasuga. I've ordered from both and they're both fast and reliable.

I ordered my copies of FMP! Comic Mission from Sasuga, and all the of the short story novels, a few of the main story novels, and volumes 11 and 12 of Sigma from Kinokuniya.

Depending on where you live, you might be able to just walk into a Kinokuniya store too, if you can order an item from one of their locations off the site then that means they have it in the store, and you can either order it and go in to pick it up and save on shipping, or you can just go in.
Old 2010-01-25, 14:14   Link #4920
SkoolRumble4Ya

Thanks for the link Feistydreams. I would buy the FMP Sigma volumes but I can't understand japanese I'm hoping to learn it soon.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen