AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-06-29, 12:41   Link #3581
23 gundam fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
SEED had a very generous budget. I remember reading about how Fukuda was responsible for the revival of the dying gundam franchise at the time, which is why they poured a lot of money into production. Unfortunately, money is always finite and Fukuda spent quite a bit getting the copyrights of the music played during the series, leaving no room for other things...

I don't remember reading this in an article. It might have been in the Gundam Age General Discussion forums since they were chatting about Gundam Age's recent low ratings. But it would explain SEED's great music and recycled animation.

If this were the case, I wish they would have shelled out more money to make Gundam Seed better since it is one of my favourite animes of all time.
gd and gsd is also one of my all time top anime. but man they should have spend a bit of that money on better writers (gsd)
23 gundam fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 02:04   Link #3582
Destined_Fate

Destiny had issues but it was still very popular in Japan. They're still releasing games based off Destiny over there to good sales, so there's that.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 04:25   Link #3583
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Speaking of Destiny, I got back to watching the series again. I left off at episode 10 like....a year ago. I'm on episode 19 right now. 18 was pretty good to me, I liked the action, seeing htat pilot get stabbed with the combat knife was freaking brutal though. I still hate the fact ZAFT is using Gundams, but can't do anything about that, at least the designs are pleasing.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 06:32   Link #3584
Destined_Fate

ZAFT was using Gundams in SEED and had a hand in the creation of some of the most powerful Gundams in the CE. >_>
Old 2012-06-30, 10:12   Link #3585
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Terrible change lol. Scene looks so disjointed. Plus Kira not godly enough yet?
Fukuda already set precedent with this by retconning the deaths of Shinn's family from crossfire by Freedom and Calamity to just the Calamity, before going back to crossfire.

One of the commentators on TVTropes opined that what if Fukuda is trying to turn Kira into Destiny-era Kira in the HD Remaster version.
Old 2012-06-30, 11:42   Link #3586
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
One of the commentators on TVTropes opined that what if Fukuda is trying to turn Kira into Destiny-era Kira in the HD Remaster version.
It's always been the same character anyway.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 12:04   Link #3587
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

the new death scene for nicol might seem like they're overhauling his character, but really... It gives more credibility to his soft nature.
Old 2012-06-30, 12:09   Link #3588
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
It's always been the same character anyway.
What Washu means is that something thinks that they're trying to remove any flaws and perceived wrongdoing from Kira so he's more like he was in Destiny, a "can't-do-wrong" type of character.
Old 2012-06-30, 12:14   Link #3589
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
What Washu means is that something thinks that they're trying to remove any flaws and perceived wrongdoing from Kira so he's more like he was in Destiny, a "can't-do-wrong" type of character.
I really hope they won't do that. If that's the case, then I can see myself waving goodbye to this remaster.
Old 2012-06-30, 12:19   Link #3590
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

I don't think the accidental kill gives that notion, as Kira would still try to kill Athrun afterwards, the very next episode, The scene actually made the whole situation even heavier.
Old 2012-06-30, 12:24   Link #3591
hero147

But Kira already killed a bunch of people. I'm not sure if that's exactly what they're going for.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 12:28   Link #3592
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Well, that's obviously not true. Besides, you can't become a "can't-do-wrong" character for not doing something one time when you've done it previously several times. It doesn't work like that.

And no, Kira's not a "can't-do-wrong" type of character, even in Destiny, no matter what his detractors think of him. Like I said, the character in Destiny is the same as the character in SEED, with the former simply being a progression of the latter.
Old 2012-06-30, 12:46   Link #3593
monster

You know what? Having watched this episode again, and considering his achievement with the Saviour, I must say that Athrun doesn't really make use of his non-Justice mobile suits all that well. I mean, he actually destroyed his own Guul, wasted a cannon shot at the Strike, wasted a shield throw at the Skygrasper, and he didn't make that great of a use of his 4 sabers.
Old 2012-06-30, 14:10   Link #3594
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, he WAS trained in the use of a non-transformable mobile suit, after all, not a variable MS like the Aegis or the Savior.
Old 2012-06-30, 14:38   Link #3595
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Things that make me wondering regarding Variable MS (especially in SEED & Destiny) are:
  1. When it transforms into non-MS mode, how the cockpit adjust to that?
  2. If in the MS mode the pilot can see through the camera from the head, how he/she do it in non-MS mode?
Old 2012-06-30, 19:21   Link #3596
Der Langrisser
Valkyrie pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Things that make me wondering regarding Variable MS (especially in SEED & Destiny) are:
  1. When it transforms into non-MS mode, how the cockpit adjust to that?
  2. If in the MS mode the pilot can see through the camera from the head, how he/she do it in non-MS mode?
1-It's probably like macross' valkyries, the cockpit will rotate to 90°.

2-MS have multiple cameras on their bodies, not only on their heads.
Der Langrisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 20:33   Link #3597
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Langrisser View Post
1-It's probably like macross' valkyries, the cockpit will rotate to 90°.
The problem is, it’s never exactly shown in the show. If we go by that logic, then how can a fixed cockpit from a fighter plane rotate? In Victory Gundam, the cockpit of the Core Booster is still in horizontal position when it’s in V Gundam Mode, while In Destiny, Core Splendor inside the Impulse is clearly facing down. That is one of the things that raises my curiosity about variable MS in SEED/Destiny.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2012-06-30 at 21:05.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 21:00   Link #3598
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
ZAFT was using Gundams in SEED and had a hand in the creation of some of the most powerful Gundams in the CE. >_>
Yeah, I know that. It's stupid.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 23:23   Link #3599
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Yeah, I know that. It's stupid.
How is it stupid? You even have a ZAFT Gundam for your Avatar.
Old 2012-06-30, 23:25   Link #3600
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It's because the Gundam design philosophy clashes with the design philosophy of ZAFT mobile suits, with the dome heads and monoeyes. It's been lampshaded in Astray before with the Freedom Gundam.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep