AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-01, 21:00   Link #2481
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Looks like Kibou ni Tsuite Anime MV is not made by Satelight.
Though i need confirmation on this...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 21:33   Link #2482
mochichan

mine

Full 48 chibis here
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 22:02   Link #2483
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
Nice drawing there...
You even managed to get Melody JKT48 into your drawing...
Cookies for you...
Old 2012-08-02, 02:38   Link #2484
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Kyuuuu Kawaiiii
Old 2012-08-02, 03:37   Link #2485
Undertaker

Quote:
^
But AKB were successful idols before they were even made anime so.....

Anime ver.
No actual Kuumin, close up shots are cheap looking....so I'll stick to the real people ver.
sales are disappointingly at 18k first day probably because fans prefer to buy Gingham Checks and 1830m album than an anime single...psh....at least their weekly sales would be high for an anime song.
Tho it look like Japanese are broke in general. SMAP only got like 60k at first which is kinda low for them too.

Yeah that MV is a bit disappointing, the close up looks even worse than the low-end eroge games. All the cut in footages are recycled material and where are too many of them. Seriouly, I would happy with a "dance ver." with whole thing sticking to that space ruin, but oh well...

As for sell, 18K first day is a bit low, but still a pretty nice number, not just for anime song. As I said, nowadays in a typical singles release, 70K might be able to get you #1 spot on Oricon's weekly chart.

As for SMAP, that number is a actually consistent to their past 2 single. Considering that digital purchase keep growing that isn't too surprising and make what AKB is doing selling now all the more impressive considering most of their songs also ranks high in digital sales ranking as well.
Old 2012-08-02, 07:43   Link #2486
sa547
*Author

To quote a mutual friend:
Quote:
As an anime song, the sales are respectable.

And don't forget:
- the anime is not shown in big cities like Osaka, Nagoya, Fukuoka or Sapporo (and Tokyo only started it in July)
- no handshaking event or any special event for the single
- apparently there has been very little promotion on TV or magazine about the single
- I also want to point out that distribution of anime song singles/albums is usually more limited than the general pop stuff.
Watched the Director's Cut of Episode 1... Got manly tears by the end.
Old 2012-08-02, 09:13   Link #2487
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Type B PV is a disaster...
Bad camera angle, why camera is always moving? I cant never see how they dance because the camera is moving backward and forward...

I prefer their live version in eps 13...
Executed much better there...
Old 2012-08-02, 11:59   Link #2488
mochichan

Thankies~
JKT48 is part of the 48...too bad the Shanghai and Teipei one hasn't debuted yet.
I want to draw them in chinese clothes lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
To quote a mutual friend:

Watched the Director's Cut of Episode 1... Got manly tears by the end.
is it just me or this anime is pretty...idk.neglected by the management?
You would think if they're doing an anime mean that they're actually investing in it to pull in more anime fans in general..but...........no..you barely hear any promotion for it despite AKB is pretty good at pushing w/e they're selling.

It's like "We're going put our girls into this anime and use big name producers but we're totally not going to promote it at all!"

the hell......
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 12:33   Link #2489
sa547
*Author

^
That's the great mystery which may never be answered, except for me it really has to do with timing: had there weren't any production snags during this winter and spring, including a ready broadcasting slot (and things beyond their control), this show would've went along easily with its peers even on the midnight circuit.
Old 2012-08-02, 20:27   Link #2490
Undertaker

I personally don't think it was a lack of promotion (both anime and song), there are hype behind it especially with the VA audition and stuff and there are enough promotion in terms that if was mentioned pretty often in shows that the VA appears in, though I do agree that there isn't much in term of CM spots. But overall, it still got more coverage then your normal anime single or anime series.

With that being said, the biggest mystery for me is still the choice of station. Everything's pointed that this is a big production and the result showed as much, yet The stations it picks are one that is not available in major cities. The weirdest part is that Nagoya and Osaka (Nagoya in particular) were not aired when a outside of Mayuyu and Amina, the biggest names are from SKE with Hata and Yagami.

As for TPE and SNH, last time I heard was that SNH is currently opening to audition applications and planning on debuting before 12/8, the 7th Annaversary of AKB. As for TPE, despite being announced last year, there had zero information and planning date, from what I read in Taiwan blog, they are beginning to think TPE is a phantom project. But apparently during Kitahara Rie's handshake event in early July they did go on record that the audition process will be starting soon.
Old 2012-08-02, 21:30   Link #2491
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Thankies~
JKT48 is part of the 48...too bad the Shanghai and Teipei one hasn't debuted yet.
I want to draw them in chinese clothes lol.

is it just me or this anime is pretty...idk.neglected by the management?
You would think if they're doing an anime mean that they're actually investing in it to pull in more anime fans in general..but...........no..you barely hear any promotion for it despite AKB is pretty good at pushing w/e they're selling.

It's like "We're going put our girls into this anime and use big name producers but we're totally not going to promote it at all!"

the hell......
Been willing to see JKT48 in their temporary theater, but havent got any chance.
Quite few promising youngster there.

Back to my BD Review
I just realized that Vol 1 only has 1 episode. But doest matter, the director's cut is amazing and the quality is great.

And bonus included is very good too. I love how Mayuyu is so calm when walking up the stage despite she's being call last.

I just realized Karen Iwata status on audition is still "Understudies" but now is listed under Team 4... Is she being promoted after her inclusion in AKB0048 anime??
Old 2012-08-02, 21:45   Link #2492
Midonin
Last Engage

Presenting the Public Entertainment Absolute Defense Service Giant-Type Weapon: Center Nova

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Japan's fanartists are almost always on my wavelength.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 21:52   Link #2493
sa547
*Author

^
The better to dance with those DGTO apes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
I just realized Karen Iwata status on audition is still "Understudies" but now is listed under Team 4... Is she being promoted after her inclusion in AKB0048 anime??
She got promoted to regular status last March at their Saitama performance.

--------------
As far as Volume 2's sales are concerned, its placement is notable despite overwhelming competition coming from high-profile titles.

Old 2012-08-02, 21:57   Link #2494
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayuyu (personal statement in final audition)
Anime has taught me so many valuable lessons. To express my gratitude I'd like to take advantage of this opportunity. I'll become center no matter what. I want to do all I can to show the world how wonderful anime is.
Man, talk about self-confidence. Gotta admit I love that aspect of her though.

Quote:
And bonus included is very good too. I love how Mayuyu is so calm when walking up the stage despite she's being call last.
But when she gets on the stage you can see she was already crying because she thought she hadn't made the cut. lol

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-08-02 at 22:17.
Kazu-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 23:18   Link #2495
Undertaker

Quote:
Yes, She and NMB's Mita Mao (Makoto's VA) were Understudies during the audition. Final announcement was 12/13/2011. Iwata's promotion was 3/24 this year during the 2nd day of a three day concert that ended with Aachan's graduation announcement. Mita on the other hand was promoted over in Osaka on 1/26 this when as the founding member of Team M of NMB48.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Man, talk about self-confidence. Gotta admit I love that aspect of her though.

But when she gets on the stage you can see she was already crying because she thought she hadn't made the cut. lol

That's part of reason I like Mayuyu (just behind Takamina and Aachan). She had always hated to lose. She similarly declared that she would like to be the top in 1st election, but when her rank drop in 2nd election, she broke down and cried. In third election she was calm and finally declare war again. In last year's documentary and follow up interviews after this year's election, she showed her growth and maturity.

She noted that after 2nd election she grew a lot and realized that she was too rash and it wasn't her time yet but now, this year it's time to go all out.

It's almost as if she is waiting for the time she turn 18 so she can compete on the same ground as other top members and so far her workload exploded this year.
Old 2012-08-03, 03:19   Link #2496
sa547
*Author

Somebody ought to scan the booklets, as I found only a fragment:

It came with a translation of their real names:
Quote:
Yukirin - Kuroki Ryoko

Sayaka - Ichinose Akira
Old 2012-08-03, 10:25   Link #2497
Raiga
tl;dr

Looks like Kuroki Ayako and Igarashi Akira to me. Though the Ayako is arguable, I suppose. Shame the booklet doesn't include readings for the names. Hopefully someone scans the rest of the booklet, and the one for volume 1, too.
Old 2012-08-03, 11:13   Link #2498
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

The names of the planets the Senbatsu comes from is a stark contrast to where the trainees come from. The Senbatsu grew up in AEPS planets from what I have saw in the profiles (Bananastar and Summerstar).

Meanwhile most of the trainees of 77th grew up in DGTO territory save Suzuko and Makoto and that Makoto ran away from home because she was tired of living a meaningless life and wanted to show everyone she will become an idol.
Old 2012-08-03, 12:18   Link #2499
Raiga
tl;dr

Oh it looks like King Records has put up some character introduction videos (link goes to Sonata's but you can find the rest under the related videos).

Nothing new. The scrolling text is just the official site's character profiles, after which we hear a few lines from the anime. Still, if anyone's interested, there you go.

Maybe they're promoting the re-airing?
Old 2012-08-03, 17:17   Link #2500
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
The names of the planets the Senbatsu comes from is a stark contrast to where the trainees come from. The Senbatsu grew up in AEPS planets from what I have saw in the profiles (Bananastar and Summerstar).

Meanwhile most of the trainees of 77th grew up in DGTO territory save Suzuko and Makoto and that Makoto ran away from home because she was tired of living a meaningless life and wanted to show everyone she will become an idol.
Even the place they come from has subtle reference, real life Yukirin is from Kagoshima, the southern most prefecture in Japan with subtropical climate. Sayaka had often been poked fun and refer to as gorilla, and in K6 song "Uhho-Uhhoho", the only stage song where she was featured as the center she played to her gorilla theme and often carries a banana with her.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-08-03 at 17:42.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime