AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2012-09-15, 02:37   Link #30601
battle22

Quote:
...there was NOTHING unisex about PS3-Lion.
I think the voice for her was perfect, It could belong to both male and female, As for her sprite, Even when I read the original , I thought Lion was female, Until Will said which gender she was, then went wtf lol, Loved that feeling of shock
Old 2012-09-15, 06:59   Link #30602
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealym View Post
Ha, that sounds AMAZING, would read.
It's final destination all over again, if they somehow escape their fate they NEED to die in some other way. Berkanstel then will reveal that of all the possible versions of Rokkenjima in existence everyone dies even when there's no Yasu, even where there's no explosion and even when there's no family meeting!

Then John Titor from steins;gate will pop up from her time machine and she will explain that it's all because of the attractor field.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 07:31   Link #30603
jjblue1

Quote:
Yeah, Eva being in the Kuwadorian alone is already suspicious. Kratsuhi and Jessica being in the Kuwadorian alone would require QUITE the story to not arouse suspicion.
Actually it would make more sense for Krauss and Co to be there than for Eva.
He lives on the island so he might know about Kuwadorian and could have said he went there to... hum... prepare an halloween party and the siblings were supposed to join him when KABOOM.

Or that he and his family were supposed to take some stuffs from the place and carry them back.

But actually even Eva might have made up a story that would have made it look all right for her to be there. What about 'before the storm I went out for a walk, got lost and ended here just when the storm was starting. Since it was safe I wanted to wait for the rain to stop before going back and I even used the telephone line to warn the others I was safe. No idea what happened to them, I just hear a KABOOM and then...'

The really weird thing isn't that she's in Kuwadorian, it's that she offers no explanation about how or why she got there.

Quote:
It is somewhat strange.
"Well okay, but we WILL NOT be party to some strange incident."
"No problem them. I just want you to play a part is an elaborate murder mystery scenario as I off your siblings one by one."
"Well I guess there isn't anything too strange about that."
Exactly. It's just plainly weird, the sort of thing that seems forced by the author and doesn't feel natural at all.

Quote:
I also mention that in this scenario, come on, they HAVE to know it's Shannon pointing a gun at them, wearing some obscene ballgown. What I'm REALLY interested in is this whole "Kanon" thing, from their perspective.
Well, in the VN wherever they see Beato they don't seem to recognize her for Shannon (see Ep 2 with Kyrie & Rosa and EP 7 teaparty) but this might be excused with either the scene being a lie or missing something.

What's odd is how no one seems to notice that Shannon and Kanon have the same face despite not being related. I mean... in Our confession Krauss and Natsuhi's attention might have been more focused on the gun than on Beato's face (people at whom was pointed a gun sometimes say they're unable to recognize/describe who did this because 'too focused on the gun') but what's their excuse for not noticing Shannon and Kanon's resemblance?

They aren't so cold they don't look at the servants in the faces, and the matter becomes even more serious when you think at Battler, George and Jessica (or Erika, unless she was really that sure that servants couldn't be the culprits she never spared them a second glance)
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 08:07   Link #30604
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
It is somewhat strange.
"Well okay, but we WILL NOT be party to some strange incident."
"No problem them. I just want you to play a part is an elaborate murder mystery scenario as I off your siblings one by one."
"Well I guess there isn't anything too strange about that."
I think they just don't want to get their hands dirty.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 14:01   Link #30605
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchwork Chimera View Post
Someone said something about not finding the gold. It's actually weird, that they found Maria's jaw but not a single piece of gold. I don't have the slightest, so what happens when gold is exploded? Does it melt, fragment or what? It doesn't evaporate, that's really ridiculous, but...
Now that I think about it, it was foolish of me even thinking about Eva going after the gold. it would be pretty sick. something like 'Search for gold in here! and if you find a piece of my husband or son let me know, k?'
Maybe the gold doesn't exist?

The only confirmation of it we ever get is within a bunch of stories. At best, we know Kinzo had something he used to convince people he might have had a bunch of gold, and somebody had access to a bunch of money in 1986. Neither of those things proves the existence of the gold.

If the gold did exist, you'd think unscrupulous salvagers would be crawling over the island crater and trawling the surrounding ocean trying to find even a trace of it. Gold does not naturally occur in high quantities on volcanic islands. It's alluvial and normally would be nearer to a river or something than the ocean. If you found gold dust in the sea or washed up on the freaking shore (because yes, this would happen), you could be reasonably confident that the gold had to have been real as there is little other explanation as to why you'd find any quantity of gold in Izu.

Basically, if the gold existed, unless it was literally fused into a single lump by the blast there would be traces of it everywhere. And it would be pretty much impossible to conceal even with a police cover-up. Gold dust would probably be washing ashore at Nijima. You can't explain that away with weather balloons and swamp gas.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 14:25   Link #30606
Drifloon

It's weird because EP3's ???? repeatedly implies that Eva has the gold, somehow. Which contradicts everything else in the series, so it's probably best ignored, but it's still weird.

Quote:
All of the Ushiromiya family's massive fortune had come into the possession of Ushiromiya Eva. ...It was said that this fortune also included the 10 tons of hidden gold that Ushiromiya Kinzo was rumored to have hidden.
Quote:
Now, I will give to you the cursed mass of gold and the inheritance of the Ushiromiya head, ......as well as, ............the name of the Golden Witch, Beatrice.
Quote:
I won't tell yoooooouu, aaahhhyahhyahhyahhyah!! I'll leave behind the cursed gold!
Drifloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 15:24   Link #30607
Kealym

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
I think the voice for her was perfect, It could belong to both male and female, As for her sprite, Even when I read the original , I thought Lion was female, Until Will said which gender she was, then went wtf lol, Loved that feeling of shock
Heh, a matter of opinion. I couldn't figure Lion out based on either the portrait, OR his original sprite ... I personally think the PS3 version makes it far too femenine looking/sounding, but, eh.

Though to be fair, I also thought Kanon was a girl pretty much until he died in Episode 4 of the anime, and he has the only "androgynous" sounding voice, to me. I don't think I'd believe Lion's voice as a boy, and Zepar's voice sounds too ... exaggerated? Though they're all voiced by women, so, /shrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
It's final destination all over again, if they somehow escape their fate they NEED to die in some other way. Berkanstel then will reveal that of all the possible versions of Rokkenjima in existence everyone dies even when there's no Yasu, even where there's no explosion and even when there's no family meeting!
I would just, I would read this SO HARD. That reminds me, I gotta get back to the other piece youw ere writing with Erika investigating that school murder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
The really weird thing isn't that she's in Kuwadorian, it's that she offers no explanation about how or why she got there.
They aren't so cold they don't look at the servants in the faces, and the matter becomes even more serious when you think at Battler, George and Jessica (or Erika, unless she was really that sure that servants couldn't be the culprits she never spared them a second glance
On the first part, you're right, Eva's complete silence is confusing. Also that we're never told anything about the state she was found in. You'd think Ange would track down one of the first officers to arrive before she goes talking to conspiracy theorists off the internet.

On the other part, well, in EP2 Kyrie and Rosa were probably both asked to just lie. The only time it becomes a REAL problem is EP4, where at best we get "well it was dark and raining and she was high up."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
I think they just don't want to get their hands dirty.
Hm, that would explain it. According to what we've just read, Krauss used "we have to think of Jessica" to make himself feel not-awful about complying, but you still think we'd get some passing notion of "Even Godha? Even MARIA..?", since the epitaph only describes 11 or 13 deaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifloon View Post
It's weird because EP3's ???? repeatedly implies that Eva has the gold, somehow. Which contradicts everything else in the series, so it's probably best ignored, but it's still weird.
Hm, she's either speaking metaphorically about it, or maybe referring to her current mass of gold (her actual assets as of 1998).
Or, why not, the gold mountain still exists at the Kuwadorian. Eva bribed every single person, EVERY SINGLE PERSON who might expose it's existence with a gold ingot to themselves. Those things permeated the Tokyo underground for the next 10 years before all being properly traded off, and Ange never heard of them because she's a good girl who doesn't hang out in bad places. By the time of of EP8's ???, Ikuko's probably tracking them down for shiggles. Will demand her funeral to involve locking the entire mountain of them, and Eva's unlocked diary, into her own crypt with the words "Ahaha.wav" etched into the stone above. Tohya takes a moment to reevaluate his choices in romantic partners.
Kealym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 16:13   Link #30608
battle22

Quote:
Though to be fair, I also thought Kanon was a girl pretty much until he died in Episode 4 of the anime, and he has the only "androgynous" sounding voice, to me. I don't think I'd believe Lion's voice as a boy, and Zepar's voice sounds too ... exaggerated? Though they're all voiced by women, so, /shrug
Hah, Same here I thought Kanon was a girl when I first watched anime, I even thought 'Heh What a cool girl' and then I facepalmed myself
Old 2012-09-15, 16:28   Link #30609
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifloon View Post
I think it's more likely Eva got Kinzo's money and called it Kinzo's gold. Also she might have inherited the bank accound and got an extra share from that one.

It's also possible though that Eva just made money through her business and people thought she instead finally decided to use Kinzo's inheritance. In the beginning if I'm not wrong Eva's finances were so bad she went so far as selling Kinzo's library to get some money...
Eva simply never corrected their belief her money came from the gold and not from her hard work.

Quote:
On the first part, you're right, Eva's complete silence is confusing. Also that we're never told anything about the state she was found in. You'd think Ange would track down one of the first officers to arrive before she goes talking to conspiracy theorists off the internet.
Yes, it's interesting how Ange never went to the police to have a report on what had happened. It's as if she completely forgot they investigated and might have discovered things they didn't reveal to the newspapers.

She's all for the 'let's hear the complete unprofessional guys' opinions and forget about the guys who first hand investigated the facts and the island with the proper means.'
It's an incongruence.

Quote:
On the other part, well, in EP2 Kyrie and Rosa were probably both asked to just lie. The only time it becomes a REAL problem is EP4, where at best we get "well it was dark and raining and she was high up."
Yes, it's possible they were told to lie but this would make both Kyrie and Rosa accomplice and prove right from the beginning Beato wasn't going to keep the promise of sparing them since Kyrie is offed at the first twilight in EP 2.

Quote:
Hm, that would explain it. According to what we've just read, Krauss used "we have to think of Jessica" to make himself feel not-awful about complying, but you still think we'd get some passing notion of "Even Godha? Even MARIA..?", since the epitaph only describes 11 or 13 deaths.
Well, undoubtely they're portrayed with pretty low morals.
Old 2012-09-16, 03:10   Link #30610
Myname

So what does Yasu "look" like?

Beato
Shannon
Lion
Claire
Myname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 03:20   Link #30611
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
None of them.
Old 2012-09-16, 04:21   Link #30612
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname View Post
So what does Yasu "look" like?

Beato
Shannon
Lion
Claire
All the afforementioned are embelishments. Yasu has a particular dislike for her own body and appearance, so all of her personnas are 'prettied' up.

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 08:16   Link #30613
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

You'd expect Yasu to look a lot like Kinzo seeing as how they share 75% of their genes. The funny thing is that Battler is a Kinzo lookalike. BattlerxYasu is one hell of a narcissistic couple.

Old 2012-09-16, 14:28   Link #30614
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Someone make a photoshop of the Goldsmith face on a meido sprite with the caption "I cannot be loved!"
Old 2012-09-16, 15:18   Link #30615
Patchwork Chimera
Human

If she looked like Kinzo, now I well fcking know why she refused to see her own ugly body and created embelishments everywere. Now I can't stop thinking about an old man with hairy legs and balding head inside a maid outfit.
Ugh.
Yeah, YasuxBattler is a very narcissistic pairing. And not very convincing to boot. I'm just getting over all the incest in Umineko, so Yasu/ANYUshiromiya still makes me sick. Even more because the relationships are reaaally weird, even for the immune to incest vibes.

Will/Claire. Yeah, that will be mi OTP. At least they're not related. Or Will/Lion, if she is actually a she. Ougon Musou introduced me to the world of crack pairing, and even Will/Bern doesn't sound that bad. Or Ronove/Virgilia. Hell, even Ronove/Battler. And there's a lot of yuri, too, between non-blood-related individuals
Old 2012-09-16, 15:54   Link #30616
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

In response to Patchwork Chimera, I think everything makes more sense if Yasu/Lion is a boy.

Random question: I know this is in there somewhere, but does Yasu ever find out that he/she is Kinzo's child? IIRC, he/she finds out about the baby being thrown off the cliff, but I don't remember if Kinzo tells him/her more than that.

In EP7 Meta Kinzo goes on about "ohhh I want to tell Beatrice the truuuuth" so I'm led to believe that he doesn't in fact tell Yasu everything.
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 16:28   Link #30617
jjblue1

Quote:
Will/Claire. Yeah, that will be mi OTP. At least they're not related. Or Will/Lion, if she is actually a she. Ougon Musou introduced me to the world of crack pairing, and even Will/Bern doesn't sound that bad. Or Ronove/Virgilia. Hell, even Ronove/Battler. And there's a lot of yuri, too, between non-blood-related individuals
LOL, I always wondered if it could be that Will was Battler/Toya alterego, sort of a Toya self insertion in the story.
It's made more interesting by the fact that in a sidestory it was said something along the line about how it's unlikely the two of them could show up in the same story and that the pairing Lion/Will would be an alternate version of the Beato/Battler pairing.

Though everything is up to speculation. In Ougon it's implied Will is a detective Shannon created in a story she told to Ange.

I'm not really bothered by the incest, especially in Umineko as Yasu and the cousins had no idea they were related when they fell in love and had things gone differently they would have never found out.

Kinzo/Beato 2 however is a completely different matter as, not only he knew she was his daughter but apparently she wasn't even that willing and surely the environment in which he kept her doesn't make the situation any better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
Random question: I know this is in there somewhere, but does Yasu ever find out that he/she is Kinzo's child? IIRC, he/she finds out about the baby being thrown off the cliff, but I don't remember if Kinzo tells him/her more than that.

In EP7 Meta Kinzo goes on about "ohhh I want to tell Beatrice the truuuuth" so I'm led to believe that he doesn't in fact tell Yasu everything.
Well in Ep 7 it's implied she's told it as well as the fact she fell off the cliff. If Ep 5 is to take into consideration she also knew/believed it was due to Natsuhi she fell off of it.
Old 2012-09-16, 16:33   Link #30618
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
If she looked like Kinzo, now I well fcking know why she refused to see her own ugly body and created embelishments everywere. Now I can't stop thinking about an old man with hairy legs and balding head inside a maid outfit.
Ugh.
Kinzo was handsome in his youth, which is why Battler (who is regarded as handsome) is sometimes stated to look a lot like him. So it wouldn't be that bad when you're only 19.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post

We don't know if there was a baby and we don't know if Yasu was the baby. What he/she is told is irrelevant, the only people who would know have motive to lie (Genji) or be mistaken (Kinzo) or are just plain nuts (Natsuhi, who might be having words put in her mouth anyway).

However, I do think Yasu believes this is who he/she is. And that's the only thing that really matters in this respect because the goal is to inform and explain Yasu's actions, not ask whether he/she really was Kinzo's incestuous rapebaby.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 17:07   Link #30619
Patchwork Chimera
Human

I was mostly kidding about Yasu and her issue, but she had to be at least pretty regardless of her opinion. I mean, everybody wants her... and if Battler, who strikes me as the type who flirts with pretty girls, made that embarrasing pony promise to her, and then George tried to get her, and then Jessica tried to get her too... well.
On the other hand it could be the maid outfit. A lot of people loves meidos.
I was skipping trough the early games. I don't remember exactly where, but there's a discussion that made me lol, where Jessica is talking about Sayo being her best friend in the guesthouse and George goes very defensive on her. George is all like 'Hey, everything's allright and we're gonna marry' with his weird glasses, and Jessica is 'You don't have to rub it in my face, you know?'. Shannon is just there being unconfortable.
And apparently George had heard before about those two frienship (cue shiny glasses of doom and 'inmediate' response about going to marry soon).
If one uses Shkanon in that scene, it gets really funny XD
Old 2012-09-16, 18:28   Link #30620
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
and if Battler, who strikes me as the type who flirts with pretty girls, made that embarrasing pony promise to her
But Battler wants girls with big boobs.
You can only imagine what Yasu thought when Battler told her how his ideal woman should look like.

I bet she started using pads even as Shannon because of that.