AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-12-09, 17:33   Link #1
Hajiko

The New Gate [manga]

Didn't find it so I opened a new thread if there is already One please Close this One

Summary: "THE NEW GATE", an online game that had turned into a death game, was now releasing the tens of thousands of players that had been dragged into it, thanks to the efforts of Shin, one of the oldest players. But after he had defeated the last boss and freed everyone, he was swallowed up by a strange light and found himself inside the game world 500 years in the future.

Last edited by Hajiko; 2015-01-13 at 08:46.
Hajiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-09, 18:49   Link #2
arthand

I read this and it seems intresting but main character seems so hax probably no one will give him a challenge anymore .
arthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-09, 18:56   Link #3
zerofighter

His stats is broken compared to others (not to mention he did beat the last boss before the time travel).
I'm betting its going harem route with the elf being the first love interest.
zerofighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-09, 19:45   Link #4
Namorax

Quote:
Originally Posted by myself on Batoto
He says "6 Deva's (us)" and implies that it's a group of friends (or a guild/team) he is a part of...

In that case, shouldn't he say "7 Devas"? The 6 that remained behind AND the one who vanished for 500 years? I can understand if the other people call them the 6 Devas, but for him it should still be "7 Devas".
Also, there seem to be 3 vols out already...
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-09, 19:48   Link #5
travelingbum

for your quoting of yourself.

it's 6
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-09, 20:58   Link #6
Direwolf18

I'm liking this a bunch. I know it's only 2 chapters in but the mc is cool. The art is a little rough but w/e.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-09, 21:54   Link #7
bladestorm91

This series was originally a web novel http://ncode.syosetu.com/n5711bb/
Now it already has 3 light novel volumes published.
bladestorm91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-09, 22:33   Link #8
Go0gleplex
The Old Guy

Okay...the first chapter had me doubting. However this second chapter caught my eye. I'll follow along for a while and see where it goes.

"No society can thrive when it puts more money, effort, and emotion into its vices rather than its virtues."

Harem of choice? Uzume, Rory Mercury, Raphtalia, and Yasaka.
Go0gleplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-10, 00:59   Link #9
Greenish Growth

Ch 2:

I wonder why Schnee Raizar was not able to do what he just did?

I thought dexterity and agility were the same thing?
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-10, 01:26   Link #10
YyAoMmIi

dexterity usually refer to small movements, such as crafts or using your hands to shoot a bow.

Agility usually refers to leg movements, moving places or in narrow location..

I'm guessing she didn't have or lost the analyze ability? or it is not the same person?
YyAoMmIi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-10, 01:29   Link #11
HandofFate

Just read the two chapters.
I really like it. Too bad no translations are out for the LN.
Its like my favorite parts of SAO and LH combined.
Old 2014-12-10, 01:30   Link #12
Namorax

I think dexterity is more about your hands (how good you are at hitting things and agility is more about your whole body (how good you are at evading things.
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-10, 01:47   Link #13
Kaito Yamakage

I've only read a few volumes of the WN though I'll summarize some of the details of the portion I did, the theme in this series seems to be based around character development of characters other than the MC. Something like, "what happens to the NPCs of your favorite game after the world ends".

Spoiler for WN Some Game Details Heavy Spoilers:

Spoiler for Actual Developments, Heavy Spoilers:

I didn't actually spoil all that much of the story itself, just the background which comes out slowly through the series. Most of the developments are the MC going around kicking level 600-800~ monster ass and reuniting with his old support charters and being surprised by their personalities/developments over the past 500 years. Experiencing the changes of his favorite game world turned real.
Old 2014-12-10, 02:25   Link #14
laon
Hantai

I've read the WN too and IMO this is one of the better VMMORPG W/LN. There is no deus ex BS, MC make use of his power and abilities to fight adversaries suited to his level too (or curbstomp them while trying to remain hidden to the world).
laon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-10, 02:27   Link #15
ndiezel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaito Yamakage View Post
I've only read a few volumes of the WN though I'll summarize some of the details of the portion I did, the theme in this series seems to be based around character development of characters other than the MC. Something like, "what happens to the NPCs of your favorite game after the world ends".

Spoiler for WN Some Game Details Heavy Spoilers:

Spoiler for Actual Developments, Heavy Spoilers:

I didn't actually spoil all that much of the story itself, just the background which comes out slowly through the series. Most of the developments are the MC going around kicking level 600-800~ monster ass and reuniting with his old support charters and being surprised by their personalities/developments over the past 500 years. Experiencing the changes of his favorite game world turned real.
If this is just like his old MMORPG, then I think at some point he'll stop raising his lvl coz lvl gap between him and monsters will be too high to gain more exp. About reincarnation: you start as a child in this new world? Is it still working? Was it working when there was death game (in order to reincarnate you need to die i guess)?

Our MC looks so much like Garry Sue.
ndiezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-10, 02:42   Link #16
xzpwnz
(¬‿¬)

He's already level capped at 255
xzpwnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-10, 03:09   Link #17
Kaito Yamakage

Spoiler for More Details/Spoilers:

The MC is pretty OP, but the level cap for monsters is 1000, there's also an unknown number of support characters/NPCs used by other players in the world, some of which could have 999+ stats comparable to the MC. Level 1000 boss monsters have stats comparable to the MC and give him a decent fight. There could be level 1000+ bosses, though 1000 was the cap when it was still a game.

If you've ever played an MMORPG before, when you min-max a character you can generally solo mid-level group/raid bosses and some high end ones if you use the right build, though there's generally any number of OP monsters to fight that still require a group as well. That's the kind of situation the MC is in, except it's an isekai version.
Old 2014-12-10, 03:35   Link #18
Baltoferd

Why did he fight the last boss alone in the manga prologue? There's nothing (at least in the first pages) that indicate he's got a special character or ability before he fought that monster. Where were the other high-leveled players?
Baltoferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-10, 03:35   Link #19
drunkenwolfin
Bearded Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post
I think dexterity is more about your hands (how good you are at hitting things and agility is more about your whole body (how good you are at evading things.
That's exactly it, generally dexterity is how skilled you are and agility just like the name is how agile you are

endonline.wordpress.com
drunkenwolfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-10, 04:04   Link #20
Kaito Yamakage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltoferd View Post
Why did he fight the last boss alone in the manga prologue? There's nothing (at least in the first pages) that indicate he's got a special character or ability before he fought that monster. Where were the other high-leveled players?
That isn't answered complete in the first few volumes of the WN.
Spoiler for Spoilers:

Basically, very few details were given about that, though for whatever reason the MC ended up in the boss fight alone.

I don't get why the series starts where it does, or why the death game aspect even came into the series at all. It's like the death game aspect was introduced just to prepare the MC for the fact that you can't risk death in the isekai, but either way if there's no real difference then it might as well have just been an isekai from the start. The stuff from the death game almost never gets applied other than the fact that the MC is already used to being careful and avoiding risking his life.

There are hints that something happened maybe to a friend of his during the death game though...

Edit: Oh yeah, also, the scroll he used to check if players were logged out is a player made item, he mentions that it only has names that alchemists were able to record through some means, in other words it's very possible that some other players didn't log off and ended up in that world as well.

Last edited by Kaito Yamakage; 2014-12-10 at 04:15.
Kaito Yamakage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
another world