Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-07-20, 16:14   Link #15401
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
The same for me ... That surprise me a lot when you compare their two manga actually ...
But when you thought about it ... When he work on Angel Densetsu, it's can be possible.
And the two are in Jump Square (Monthly Shonen Jump before).
Yeah, like I said, Angel Densetsu and R+V's school life aspects are really similar to each other, with Tsukune being the weak one but being all the girls' attraction because of a series of coincidences that make him look strong, and Kitano being in a same fix because despite being weak, he also ends up in a series of coincidences that make out to be really tough R+V's has a bit more drama to it though after a while.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 16:16   Link #15402
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Yeah, like I said, Angel Densetsu and R+V's school life aspects are really similar to each other, with Tsukune being the weak one but being all the girls' attraction because of a series of coincidences that make him look strong, and Kitano being in a same fix because despite being weak, he also ends up in a series of coincidences that make out to be really tough R+V's has a bit more drama to it though after a while.
Calling Tsukune weak is a bit of a stretch. He's anything but weak. Sure in the beginning when he was human he could only do so much against supernatural beings, but that's just like the first 1/8th of the series.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 16:20   Link #15403
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Calling Tsukune weak is a bit of a stretch. He's anything but weak. Sure in the beginning when he was human he could only do so much against supernatural beings, but that's just like the first 1/8th of the series.
Tsukune's gone from

Precious fragile human -> Vampire badass
Old 2010-07-20, 16:33   Link #15404
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I was pretty much only referring to that because after the initial arc, Angel Densetsu and R+V become completely different. The initial inspiration for Ikeda was there, but he expanded on it eventually.
Old 2010-07-20, 17:13   Link #15405
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Well, after DLing a japanese OCR program called RealReader Lite 5.1. It seems to work out for the most part of digitizing text. Only problem is that because it's all in japanese, it's kinda hard to work most of the advanced options of it so get the most out of it. But it was at least able to grab text in word bubbles, as I used a page of the R+V guidebook color manga as the test bed for the text, and it seemed to do it perfectly for those. Though the hand written or tilted text is not so good.
Old 2010-07-20, 17:44   Link #15406
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Remind me, what's an OCR program?

And Angel Densetsu... is that the one where the guy has a really weird-looking face and therefore scares off everyone, even though the guy is really good-natured? I admit, I have to go back to that one, and I was scared off by the way other people perceive him

and lastly... I think I really should learn how to typeset and clean. However, my computer didn't come with photoshop, and I'm not sure I was to get it via the not-so-orthodox methods... any other programs that would be good for someone who has no idea what the heck he'd be doing?

And I still need to work on learning Japanese... I once read that translators can last about two years or so, but I suppose that's only with the fans... the translation at Funi, Steve Simmons, has been with them for a looooong time... he was back with YYH (which I'm currently watching; on the Dark Tournament arc, and I just finished the Dr. Ichigaki fight), and I see he's still doing translatios for them with their recent licenses

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!

Last edited by Magin; 2010-07-20 at 23:45.
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 21:30   Link #15407
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
An OCR program is similar to a program you would use to scan documents into the computer from a scanner with. But unlike your typical scanning program, it not only takes in the image, but also makes it so you can read and search and manipulate the text separately from the image that was scanned from. It's main uses are in PDF files where it allows you to search for text and copy & paste it into another document.

In the case of the program I got, it's strictly for japanese. So after that, all I have to do is use the Translation Aggregator program to get up to 7 different bad machine translations to english of the text. But since that program was made to work in tandem with AGTH for translating visual novel games without patching or modifying them in any way. So having such tools would allow even a novice like me to understand much of the text put through the translation, so I'd be able to simply write out how I interpreted the results for a final understandable translation. However, I'm more likely to pass this info on to people that would put it to better use than I, because maybe they could have someone put together a tutorial in english on how to use that OCR program and then maybe we'd get our chapters a little faster.... if the raws are of decent quality to begin with.
Old 2010-07-21, 10:46   Link #15408
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I just remembered the first prototype story of R+V it was more original than the story here we got. Glad R+V's development to Tsukune was great from being weak having power of the vamp blood.

Edit:

Old 2010-07-21, 11:13   Link #15409
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Moka Card.

Water...Ahhh....Rarely Inner Moka has this expression.

Old 2010-07-21, 11:25   Link #15410
Tachibana
タチバナ

oh my, thats HOT!

GO MOKA-CHAN xD
Old 2010-07-21, 11:38   Link #15411
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Oh is it painful not to be able to see those pics while I'm at work. 1.5 hours....T_T
Old 2010-07-21, 11:51   Link #15412
ShiroiRyu

Hum ... They coming from what the two cards ?
For the prototype of R+V, that was more ... "bloodish" but the face of Moka was so horrible.
It's her who is different in the lycee (who is constitute by normal humans). ^^
But she was already a badass. XD
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 12:23   Link #15413
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I like the proto-Moka more than our Moka today in the R+V manga series and the more bloody R+V prototype story. Possibly because I like horror movies. The cuteness aside and gore will be the buying point on my part. Much like the anime and manga HOTD.
Old 2010-07-21, 12:40   Link #15414
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Moka Card.

I love that outfit of hers. Ah...that was a really great chapter.
Old 2010-07-21, 13:07   Link #15415
Tachibana
タチバナ

We need more Ura-Moka-Chan
Old 2010-07-21, 13:49   Link #15416
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Speaking of Xovers. We saw Dio's vampire mask worn by Akuha in 31. Do you think Tsukune would be similar to Dio Brando in the future?
Old 2010-07-21, 13:53   Link #15417
Tachibana
タチバナ

What do you mean?
Old 2010-07-21, 14:07   Link #15418
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
What do you mean?
I meant the vampire mask with the sacrificed human blood that changed Dio to a vampire when he was wearing it.

Maybe even if Tsukune loses his body his head can be attached to another.
Old 2010-07-21, 14:13   Link #15419
Tachibana
タチバナ

I doubt something like that would happen, but the masks themselves are the same, i guess thats where Ikeda got the idea of the mask from Dio Brando, of course, the 1 Akuha was using was probably for the party.
Old 2010-07-21, 15:43   Link #15420
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
I just remembered the first prototype story of R+V it was more original than the story here we got. Glad R+V's development to Tsukune was great from being weak having power of the vamp blood.

Edit:

Is that Lenfried ? She seems a bit similiar to her....or perhaps I'm wrong

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire