AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-10, 05:14   Link #81
trakker
Comical Scamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippicus View Post
If it was 1000x worse then the manga must have made Walt Disney movies seem X-rated

But seriously I didn't even notice much fanservice at all besides the alien chicks costume and that wasn't really a big deal IMO, I've seen bikinis that were much worse. Maybe I'm just immune to fanservice and missed it all or something
I think your right, i have seen a fair share of fanservise, and this was super tame if you ask me. They had HUGE opening to do it, that imagenary exchange student was funny more than anything, there were no unessasary zooms when pink haired girl came out of kemeko, nor when she striped her top off to administer "antibleed", there was no "omg bikini" shot lol, and thoses wriggly wires comming out of that robot hand failed to turn into tenticles. (i was actually pleased about that, when they first started comming out all i could think was "ugh cliché")

And people say this is like toLOVEru? the first ep of that Lala spent half the time naked lol
Old 2008-10-10, 06:20   Link #82
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trakker View Post
And people say this is like toLOVEru? the first ep of that Lala spent half the time naked lol
The only way that i see this show being like ToLoveRu (apart from 'girl appears and takes male lead as husband') is the out of control style of humor, though with this show it's about 10000 times more insane.
Old 2008-10-10, 06:32   Link #83
grunty

Wait... why so much ecchi banter? Was it even supposed to be ecchi? I didn't get that feeling from what I read of the manga in the first place... It's a friggin comedy.

Edit: Oh, nm I misread a bit. IMHO the show isn't "oversexualized"... Watch Kanokon or GIRLSBravo for that...
Old 2008-10-10, 06:34   Link #84
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunty View Post
Wait... why do so many people seem disappointed in the lack of ecchi? Was it even supposed to be ecchi? I didn't get that feeling from what I read of the manga in the first place... It's a friggin comedy.
I don't see any posts about people wanting more eechi scenes in this series.
Old 2008-10-10, 06:36   Link #85
grunty

I misread... :X Sorry, edited my post a lil... amusingly without an "edit" tag, guess I was faster than your post. :P
Old 2008-10-10, 08:04   Link #86
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I don't see any posts about people wanting more eechi scenes in this series.
This show needs more ecchiness
Old 2008-10-10, 09:14   Link #87
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The complaint comes from someone who read the manga... if you haven't read the manga, you're unqualified to judge whether the anime adaptation been over-sexualized or not. Myself, I haven't read the manga, so I'll just take the opinions of someone who has until otherwise enlightened.
Old 2008-10-10, 09:20   Link #88
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The complaint comes from someone who read the manga... if you haven't read the manga, you're unqualified to judge whether the anime adaptation been over-sexualized or not.
"over-sexualized" what a shamefull word, there can not be over-sexualized animes or mangas
It is like when people say that you are driving to fast, everything depends on the point of view
Old 2008-10-10, 09:55   Link #89
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalowres View Post
"over-sexualized" what a shamefull word, there can not be over-sexualized animes or mangas
It is like when people say that you are driving to fast, everything depends on the point of view
Disclaimer: I admit 100% that I'm a prude. (And yes, Zippicus, "a thousand times" was, indeed, hyperbole. )

If something merely offends my prudish sensibilities, I'll just shrug and go elsewhere. In this case, though, we have an original work that developed its charm by doing what it did with a little bit of subtlety. The adaptation eschews that subtlety and even adds in almost a touch of raunch. That gives it a very different impression, and, in my opinion, it doesn't work as well.

Key phrase: "in my opinion". Which I'm on the series forum to share. I'm not here to tell any one they shouldn't enjoy the show, I'm just stating what I think.

I await patiently
the gift promised to me.
Old 2008-10-10, 10:00   Link #90
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
Key phrase: "in my opinion". Which I'm on the series forum to share. I'm not here to tell any one they shouldn't enjoy the show, I'm just stating what I think.
Uh oh first mistake, don't think just act, it works.
Look at Homer J. Simpson, he is young, successful and has millions of fans and he doesen't think often
Old 2008-10-10, 15:30   Link #91
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Not nearly as enjoyable as Macademi to be honest...

Characters seemed plucked right out of any standard romcom anime, which unfortunately includes the internally annoying "Harem leads perverted best friend" although they atleast splintered the duties of the role slightly in adding the only really interesting character Hayakawa.

Might give it another couple episodes, but with so many series debuting lately I can see this easily becoming lost in the shuffle...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2008-10-11, 04:17   Link #92
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Okay, bit late but "what the f...." surreal.

Very strange, actually kind of liked the sequence in the hospital with "space marine girl" in hyper-paranoia mode. All business and crazy.

Hayakawa is interestingly creepy .. they should have just dropped the idiot perv friend.

I will say his "normal" friend Izumi is firing on all cylinders in that school uniform, good grief.

I dunno... the "kemeko" robot is funny in an odd way but ehhhhhhhhhh, dunno. May keep an eye on this as a backup series.

The ED music was interesting... but bleach may not be enough for the visuals :P
Old 2008-10-11, 05:42   Link #93
Brack
The Mayor Of Awesome

I thought it was something approaching a return to his Hare+Guu form for director Tsutomu Mizushima. And Chiwa Saito was great as the voice of Kemeko. The additions to the manga (the ribaldry and more action from Kemeko) goes some way to hiding the story's main weakness - the recycling of Urusei Yatsura: Only You's concept yet again.
Old 2008-10-11, 16:09   Link #94
sikvod00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I will say his "normal" friend Izumi is firing on all cylinders in that school uniform, good grief.
Ditto. Those are some very nice curves for a typical childhood-friend-who-secretly-has-a-crush-on-the-male-protagonist. The fact that he hasn't taken notice of her nice body may suggest that he really is "the rumored homo".
Old 2008-10-11, 19:05   Link #95
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Kemeko 02:
Old 2008-10-12, 03:43   Link #96
grunty

Spoiler for referrences:

Last edited by grunty; 2008-10-12 at 04:19.
Old 2008-10-12, 09:12   Link #97
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 02:
Old 2008-10-12, 09:52   Link #98
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

What a ridiculous departure from Mahoutsukai ni Taisetsu Sora (sp?). I personally like it a lot. Harufilmmakers doing crazy fanservice and general anime craziness?

Only Macademi WAsshoi is competition to this.
Old 2008-10-12, 15:32   Link #99
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

I had to do this
sry guys

Old 2008-10-12, 16:26   Link #100
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Spoiler for ep2:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, hal film maker, romance, shounen