AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-10-07, 21:11   Link #9361
Xiammes

Well in that picture, you see like 3 representations of Arclight, I don't think we can use those silhouettes to match up every fragment holder.

Also Set has to have a stigmata, Uten said he wanted to take Set to Arclight, just the journey is a bit different then he hoped. Otherwise he wouldn't want to take Set to Arclight.
Old 2012-10-07, 23:09   Link #9362
Kurohane

That doesn't really prove anything though. She overcame the edens seed, and that makes her a very possible holder of stigmata. I personally doubt she has a stigmata. Of course, we have yet to see. Hopefully, this current battle with Ishiyama and shadow figure will push her to her limits. If she does possess stigma, it is a perfect chance to use it.
Old 2012-10-08, 01:02   Link #9363
Xiammes

After looking at that picture more, I think it is the actual silhouettes of the stigmata holders. This could be some pretty big foreshadowing.

Thoughts?
Spoiler for picture:
Old 2012-10-08, 01:52   Link #9364
Nvis
Where are the good animes

The guy Saten released could be Strom or a clone of Strom.

Remember, he knew of him when he and Cruz were in Blade's past.
Even made a comparison between himself(Saten) with Aruka and Hatfield with Strom.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 03:16   Link #9365
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiammes View Post
After looking at that picture more, I think it is the actual silhouettes of the stigmata holders. This could be some pretty big foreshadowing.

Thoughts?
Spoiler for picture:
Yeah, when I was looking at that picture, I had some of those thoughts as well.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-10-08, 03:16   Link #9366
Homura7

I wouldn't break my head guessing who bears the remaining marks. For all we know those three might not even be there, in the City.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 05:09   Link #9367
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
I wouldn't break my head guessing who bears the remaining marks. For all we know those three might not even be there, in the City.
True.

For all we know, they might be in Needless 2.

I figure Sound would probably be pretty important, considering how powerful it is. So is Second Sight.
Old 2012-10-08, 05:22   Link #9368
Xiammes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
Yeah, when I was looking at that picture, I had some of those thoughts as well.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2012-10-08, 07:06   Link #9369
roBo72
Junior Robot

Quote:

Thoughts?
Spoiler for picture:
Oh, but #7 is not a big mystery at all.
It most certainly looks like Darumi GT Turbo mk.32 EX68000 Nitro, it's even holding a brush they used against Hatfield. Of course, the robot itself probably doesn't hold a stigmata, but it's creator most likely does.
I mean, Kana's fragment, "Overtechnology" is as close to God-like ability as it gets. If she doesn't have a stigmata I'd be greatly disappointed.

Spoiler for Mysterious new character:

Last edited by roBo72; 2012-10-08 at 07:22.
roBo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 09:47   Link #9370
Xiammes

It looked more like a claw to me, but now I see the brush, she might actually have one and would certainly solve that. It just means that #4 is someone from Simeon that we haven't seen yet.
Old 2012-10-08, 12:38   Link #9371
Kurohane

With the mentioning of the sound fragment, 5 might be Cain instead of Cruz. They do look kinda alike except for the hair. As far as that image goes, only Saten and Arclight are clear. The rest are ambiguous on purpose. I don't believe 9 is Kafka. His clothes don't match at all. I would agree that 3 is Set, although she doesn't have those wings that sprout from the back. 11 is most definately the new shadow figure. He has the same hair. 1 isn't Aruca or Riru. I can't make either of them out in that figure. I have no idea who that is. 8 is too tall to be Uten. 2 is most likely Teruyama. Has anyone ever considered why 2 fire fragements are stigmata? Wouldn't one do?

I'm surprised Hatfield isn't in there. He would be most likely to have a stigmata because of his fragment. Also, roBo72, great find! I never would have thought of that. If it is Kana, then Kurusu is right and the remaining three aren't in the city, atleast not one of them. If sound is stigmata, then Cain is in the city. He's just not at Simeon HQ.
Old 2012-10-08, 15:26   Link #9372
Xiammes

Quote:
]With the mentioning of the sound fragment, 5 might be Cain instead of Cruz. They do look kinda alike except for the hair. As far as that image goes, only Saten and Arclight are clear.
The hair doesn't match up, Cruz fits the bill for now.

Quote:
The rest are ambiguous on purpose. I don't believe 9 is Kafka
The clothing threw me off, it might not be kafka, the cloths look more like Arclights, but that would be redundant.

Quote:
I would agree that 3 is Set, although she doesn't have those wings that sprout from the back.
They aren't sprouting they are just floating.

Quote:

11 is most definately the new shadow figure. He has the same hair.
I agree

Quote:
1 isn't Aruca or Riru. I can't make either of them out in that figure. I have no idea who that is.
imagine if he hair was blowing, thats how I got Arca.

Quote:
8 is too tall to be Uten.
Look again, he has a cape which would cover behind his legs and drape down.

Quote:
2 is most likely Teruyama. Has anyone ever considered why 2 fire fragements are stigmata? Wouldn't one do?
They call agniscwattas a fire fragment, but its more of a energy fragment, she inserts enough molecular energy to rip apart anything. Fire is only a side effect, otherwise Saten could be called a fire and ice needless when he only controls the flow of energy.

Quote:
I'm surprised Hatfield isn't in there. He would be most likely to have a stigmata because of his fragment.
Actually his fragment isn't that powerful, he is a aqua coral user and you saw how well Mio deals with them in chapter 10 when they are inside. His family lineage is rain dancers, so the ability to summon rain combined with his aqua coral makes him a threat out doors.
Old 2012-10-08, 16:22   Link #9373
Homura7

Something interesting I noticed.

In Needless 1.5 the Adam C. is saying she was given the mission to murder nº 79. Without a doubt she's referring to Blade, but he isn't there anymore. However the point stays. The 666 Comittee sent her because they believed Blade was still somewhere. But... having his data on hand, Adam C. spent 2 years searching, but it was futile.

So what kind of connection this fact shares with the current situation? Well, it means two important things:

-That the last time Arclight and Ishiyama saw Blade, he was still alive.

-That Arclight in the end never got his new body.

So stay tuned, for I think the final chapters of the arc are gonna leave us at the very edge of our seats.
Old 2012-10-08, 16:45   Link #9374
Kurohane

Quote:
They aren't sprouting they are just floating.
What is? Plus we don't see her sword.

Quote:
imagine if her hair was blowing, thats how I got Arca.
I'm still not seeing it. That looks more like a male's figure than a females.

Quote:
Look again, he has a cape which would cover behind his legs and drape down.
Yeah, I first thought that too. The image looks more like the figure is to his back, and it looks more like a coat than a cape, It's not shown well and I really had to look at it but I can see a sleeve. It is covered mostly by Arclights right arm. If we are going by hair, that doesn't match either.

Quote:
They call agnishiwattas a fire fragment, but it is more of a energy fragment, she inserts enough molecular energy to rip apart anything. Fire is only a side effect, otherwise Saten could be called a fire and ice needless when he only controls the flow of energy.
Her power is more of a microwave, which means it deals with heat. Her power rapidly increases the vibration of molecules, causing the object to melt. That's why Saten considers her and him an ideal team, because she can provide him with heat if he is ever deprived of it.

Quote:
Actually his fragment isn't that powerful, he is a aqua coral user and you saw how well Mio deals with them in chapter 10 when they are inside. His family lineage is rain dancers, so the ability to summon rain combined with his aqua coral makes him a threat out doors.
His fragment is rainmaker. Aqua coral is only one of his abilities. He is able to control the weather to an extent. That's kind of Godlike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Something interesting I noticed.

In Needless 1.5 the Adam C. is saying she was given the mission to murder nº 79. Without a doubt she's referring to Blade, but he isn't there anymore. However the point stays. The 666 Comittee sent her because they believed Blade was still somewhere. But... having his data on hand, Adam C. spent 2 years searching, but it was futile.

So what kind of connection this fact shares with the current situation? Well, it means two important things:

-That the last time Arclight and Ishiyama saw Blade, he was still alive.

-That Arclight in the end never got his new body.

So stay tuned, for I think the final chapters of the arc are gonna leave us at the very edge of our seats.
From the translation I read, she was ordered to retrieve the failed experiement. Really, I am not really taking the one-shot as a reference to what's going to happen. It kind of takes the fun out of it for one reason. Though, I agree the final chapters of part 1 will have us on the edge of our seats. Wait time will be killer though.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2012-10-08 at 16:56.
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 17:21   Link #9375
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
From the translation I read, she was ordered to retrieve the failed experiement. Really, I am not really taking the one-shot as a reference to what's going to happen. It kind of takes the fun out of it for one reason. Though, I agree the final chapters of part 1 will have us on the edge of our seats. Wait time will be killer though.
Exactly, "failed experiment". Ishiyama called Blade failure.

And I don't think the prologue prior to the part 2 of the story takes the fun., all the opposite. Even if we try to guess, Imai made sure to not leave any important info that could be used by us readers to fathom the fate of each member of the Resistance, except for Eve, that is.
Old 2012-10-08, 19:20   Link #9376
Xiammes

Quote:
What is? Plus we don't see her sword.
I don't know, It could also be Solva, she does have wings, and number 4 is Set, but the hair doesn't match up.

Quote:
I'm still not seeing it. That looks more like a male's figure than a females.
I still see a female.

Quote:
Yeah, I first thought that too. The image looks more like the figure is to his back, and it looks more like a coat than a cape, It's not shown well and I really had to look at it but I can see a sleeve. It is covered mostly by Arclights right arm. If we are going by hair, that doesn't match either.
Its defiantly a cape or a coat, its torn at the bottom, hair wise isn't a perfect match up, but he could just have a bad case of hat hair. Uten has to be on their somewhere if this is supposed to be legit.

Quote:
Her power is more of a microwave, which means it deals with heat. Her power rapidly increases the vibration of molecules, causing the object to melt. That's why Saten considers her and him an ideal team, because she can provide him with heat if he is ever deprived of it.
You do realize that heat is energy right? I still wouldn't call it a fire fragment.

Quote:
His fragment is rainmaker. Aqua coral is only one of his abilities. He is able to control the weather to an extent. That's kind of Godlike.
He called his fragment rain maker, but he also used Aqua Coral(the name and power of another fragment)how can he have 2 fragments? Its pretty simple to deduce that he summons the rain due to his family being rain dancers, then uses his fragment, aqua coral to manipulate the rain.

Quote:
Well she did think that 079 was a male, so his theory is technically sound, but I think we are going to have a rerelease of chapter 1.5 when we get to that moment to make it fit better into the story Imai went with. I know he has planned out how the story will go for years now, but that still doesn't mean he hasn't changed details, so not everything will match up.
Old 2012-10-08, 20:10   Link #9377
Avvesione

Quote:
Well she did think that 079 was a male, so his theory is technically sound, but I think we are going to have a rerelease of chapter 1.5 when we get to that moment to make it fit better into the story Imai went with. I know he has planned out how the story will go for years now, but that still doesn't mean he hasn't changed details, so not everything will match up.
Yeah, thanks for bringing that up Xiammes.

It's important to note that Needless 1.5 came out 11 years ago and the story has gone through some evolution during this time. Remember that Cruz, Aruka, etc. are new characters to this serialization (and what a difference they've made), so there are a number of factors that can change from 1 to 1.5 to 2.

Not only that but we're still unsure of how everything fits between 1.5 and the rest of the manga. Sacred Sword was also a one shot, the predecessor to Needless 1, but look how different everything is compared to the current serialized manga. It could be a direct sequel to 1 and direct prequel to 2 but that has yet to be determined.

Not to mention, Imai Kami was disappointed that he had specific page limits for each of his one-shots, meaning he wasn't able to tell the story the way he wanted. That means that some details could very well change now that he's no longer restricted and can do what he wants with his manga. Since he's free to do whatever he wants with his current manga, it shouldn't be surprising to see some elements change to expand the story or provide more details than what was covered in the one-shots.

It'll be a while before we really see how 1.5 fits in with the rest of the manga, though it is fun to speculate and guess and see how things are going. There is no question that it's a part of the series, but to what degree, to what capacity and to what connection are all unknowns at this point.
Old 2012-10-08, 21:51   Link #9378
Robotech Master

Quote:

He called his fragment rain maker, but he also used Aqua Coral(the name and power of another fragment)how can he have 2 fragments? Its pretty simple to deduce that he summons the rain due to his family being rain dancers, then uses his fragment, aqua coral to manipulate the rain.
Aqua Coral was just a reused name for some reason, possibly due to Imai forgetting he'd already used it. Hatfield's fragment is officially Rainmaker; he has the ability to actually manipulate the properties of water, making them become like spears or razors or weighty objects, whereas Nanami just literally controlled waters motion and speed. the "Aqua Coral" Hatfield uses specifically refers only to his defensive spiral technique
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 05:15   Link #9379
thor94

Quote:
Originally Posted by roBo72 View Post
Oh, but #7 is not a big mystery at all.
It most certainly looks like Darumi GT Turbo mk.32 EX68000 Nitro, it's even holding a brush they used against Hatfield. Of course, the robot itself probably doesn't hold a stigmata, but it's creator most likely does.
I mean, Kana's fragment, "Overtechnology" is as close to God-like ability as it gets. If she doesn't have a stigmata I'd be greatly disappointed.

Spoiler for Mysterious new character:
Spoiler for new character and cruz:
thor94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 06:49   Link #9380
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor94 View Post
-his brain capacity
Lol wut, you talk like highly intelligent persons are only product of clonation

Quote:
-his resistance better than human body (surviving of big fall).
Err, no. It's because he's a needless. He survived that fall just like Blade and co. would have survived that too.

Quote:
-the fact that her sister, not really like him as would an elder sister.
I don't get this one.

Quote:
-the proctect from saten
Saten is on his way to make Cruz/Yamada his Adam experimental subject. Am I the only one who noticed that?

Tags
action, comedy, seinen