AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-07-16, 06:46   Link #101
ImperialFlameGod8190

The second episode was an improvement but the execution of this is absolutely awful. The worst part is there's very little discussion that can be had without Massive spoilers. Oh well i'm gonna give it a chance but it's on thin ice

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-16, 10:10   Link #102
Look43

This episode was much better. Still has some problems, but i'l be considerate since we got progress.

On a side note, the director made his others works worth his name, the ecchi on the new ending was little too much for me.
Look43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-16, 11:05   Link #103
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Makes you think why there are not many games that reward you with your very own loli when you beat a dungeon or something

If maou-sama retry had a knockoff rem then this definitely has a knockoff shinobu

I was about to laugh when he was about to walk away after seeing the sealed loli vampire but then she was able to say the magic word and now she's in a love triangle with the priestess classmate.

If the story wanted to be consistent then what should've happened was that he unseals the loli then eats her, after all that's what he has been doing all this time, and immortality and being able to instacast spells will make him stronger and maybe his arm will even grow back.

Also more isekai protagonists should try eating the monsters they've defeated! And as somebody who has been experiencing stomach problems for days now, I can only imagine the type of stomach pains he experienced when he was eating those monster meat raw
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-16, 11:31   Link #104
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
Makes you think why there are not many games that reward you with your very own loli when you beat a dungeon or something

If maou-sama retry had a knockoff rem then this definitely has a knockoff shinobu

I was about to laugh when he was about to walk away after seeing the sealed loli vampire but then she was able to say the magic word and now she's in a love triangle with the priestess classmate.

If the story wanted to be consistent then what should've happened was that he unseals the loli then eats her, after all that's what he has been doing all this time, and immortality and being able to instacast spells will make him stronger and maybe his arm will even grow back.

Also more isekai protagonists should try eating the monsters they've defeated! And as somebody who has been experiencing stomach problems for days now, I can only imagine the type of stomach pains he experienced when he was eating those monster meat raw
We'd probably see a lot of shorter shows if they did try that. Although would be quite the twist having some main characters die from food poisoning. I suppose more should be happy they never reach the level of starvation that makes eating monsters seem like the sensible idea.

Glad he only broke his pattern in terms of actually getting Yue out of there. Falling to the point of eating sentient people would be rather unfortunate. Although not completely unbelievable considering the attempted murder, limb loss, and being trapped in a deadly dungeon for a long time.
Old 2019-07-16, 13:39   Link #105
Rasty

Quote:
If we go by the novel:
Spoiler for not a spoiler, but anyway:

I also wonder whether it would work anyway. Technically she shouldn't be a monster, so eating her would very unlikely give him any abilities.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-16, 16:03   Link #106
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Falling to the point of eating sentient people would be rather unfortunate. Although not completely unbelievable considering the attempted murder, limb loss, and being trapped in a deadly dungeon for a long time.
As a rule nobody would ever think to eat a being that could talk, more so if they're a cute loli vampire, but..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
If we go by the novel:
Spoiler for not a spoiler, but anyway:
we have the answer from the source material (which is totally unexpected for me btw) so that settles the matter
Old 2019-07-16, 16:07   Link #107
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
I also wonder whether it would work anyway. Technically she shouldn't be a monster, so eating her would very unlikely give him any abilities.
Yeah, no it most likely wouldn't. He wasn't getting powers because it's just a thing that happens, it was more because monsters are set up so their cells will try to convert the nearby tissue into more of them. So he was literaly being torn apart rebuilt and built again as the healing water and the monster meat fought each other over how does his body supposed to work.

Vampires don't have that, because vampires were one of non monster races and didn't have mana crystals.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-16, 21:54   Link #108
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

A few personal opinions regarding the anime itself:

I do like the fact that the anime has better focus on the overall class.

Spoiler:

The anime cuts out the pointless snake fight, however it does give us a decent fight against the cyclopes.

Spoiler:

Now maybe the anime can sprinkle some more magic and give Nagumo actual character development.

Last edited by Haruyasha; 2019-07-16 at 22:12.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-17, 02:09   Link #109
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
A few personal opinions regarding the anime itself:

I do like the fact that the anime has better focus on the overall class.

Spoiler:

The anime cuts out the pointless snake fight, however it does give us a decent fight against the cyclopes.

Spoiler:

Now maybe the anime can sprinkle some more magic and give Nagumo actual character development.
I will agree that I like the focus on the class. Although in some ways it is an absolute necessity. After all...the show starts with Hajime falling. If they don't cut back to the class at any point people wouldn't be amiss to think he was brought to this world by himself . Not a bad thing seeing what events are unfolding as Hajime makes his way through that underground nightmare.
Spoiler for Novel comparisons:
Old 2019-07-17, 13:07   Link #110
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Good too see this episode was an improvement when compared to the previous, hope this continues.

As for the Ogre boss duo, form what I can understand, they probably had a Blue Oni/Red Oni theme that is sometimes seen in rpg games: One excels in attack, the other in defense, defeat one and the other won't last long.

Hajime happened to take out the attack-focused ogre first, and pretty much guaranteed his victory.
That was quickly lampshaded when Hajime said he wasn't going to wait for them to pair up.
Old 2019-07-17, 13:17   Link #111
RDNexus

Hajime being a savvy, perceptive and scheming protagonist only makes certain scenes in the novels way more funny and cool to read and picture in my head
RDNexus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-22, 11:37   Link #112
4th Dimension

Anyone know or hear why is this week's episode delayed? I don't remmeber much fire in the source for them to delay it due to KyoAni?

Old 2019-07-22, 15:36   Link #113
4th Dimension

Huh, it did air. So my source was wrong. Except my usual source of anime didn't have this one this week and I had to resort to backup.

Again with the CGI monster this time for crab. I have a feeling the CGI is for what they replaced for some reason. Because look at those dinos, they were animated pretty well. All monsters that aren't CGI have been animated pretty well. Though to be honest the crab was nowhere near as bad as the thing in Ep 1. This thing actualy had animations on it. Also the bit where I'm assuming both the monster and Hajime are manipulating the earth and they aren't using that terrible texture but brownish one, is actually KIIINDA cool and not a bad use of CGI. On the other hand they havne't grasped that you should BLOODY TEXTURE your models.

Also what's up with turning the level with a JUNGLE into another cave. Probably because drawing a jungle background would be too expensive. So all plants are now waaay too obvious.

Not bad work on the final scene even if things didn't go excatly that way but fine.

Old 2019-07-22, 16:18   Link #114
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Not a bad episode. I do wish that spell from Yue had a bit more punch to it. Coming down it looked impressive enough, but not quite there on impact. At least things moved along fairly sensibly. And with two characters you can have a discussion going on while they are covering so much ground. The banter was alright and they did get a few reasonably humorous scenes mixed in there. They are moving scenes and dialogue around. But the end result is fine enough. Bit too bad they couldn't spend more time with the dinosaurs since they did look pretty nice.

A little bit of focus on the classmates there. At least know they are staying in training mode. Slow and steady, but most definitely being left in the dust there by Hajime's rapid progression.

No disagreement in general with Hajime's plan though. He's picked up his vampire princess and can focus on heading back home. Let his classmates deal with the holy war they've been drafted into. Though there is going to be some explaining to do when he does end up getting back home .
Old 2019-07-22, 17:59   Link #115
Frontier

Hajime and Yue seem to be settling pretty well into a solid and positive partner dynamic. It's what you would expect when they're the male and female lead of this series, but it's nice to see the build up all the same .

"Hajime, you perv." Well, he didn't have much of a reaction to her naked to begin with, so it doesn't seem to matter to him much .

So Yue is not only the apparent vampire with immortality, but she also seems to be the last of her race. Obviously last episode she seemed to have wanted to cut herself off from her past, but that seems to weigh on her a little bit .

Yue's vampire bites looked more like she was trying to give Hajime a hickey .

I guess it's good Hajime isn't concerned about revenge when it comes to his former classmates (or at least the one that put him in this situation), even if also doesn't seem like he cares about them at all even though some of them (especially Kaori) have genuinely mourned him. All the same, I'm expecting a reckoning of some sort when they all reunite .

That scene of Yue dropping her robe and pouncing at Hajime was very...suggestive, especially with the dialogue. I imagine she was probably just going to suck on his blood again (although she didn't need to be naked for that), but still .

I love Yue's reaction to Hajime actually shooting at her, and that Hajime planned on doing it from the start but just wanted to make sure she gave him permission first .
Old 2019-07-22, 19:37   Link #116
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

If I'm ever in charge of creating a labyrinth or whatever I'll be sure not to make the floors an even 100, I'll probably do 103 or 117 floors or something just to make things unpredictable
Old 2019-07-22, 21:20   Link #117
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Pandora's Box
For the second episode, I actually became invested in Shizuku as a character and her growth potential. She was coping for both Kaori and herself over Hajime's apparent loss, meanwhile we got first view on Kouki's personality doing the best for his classmates but at the same time trying to be of service to the people of the other world at being the first to turn to the role of the hero.
Lastly, Hiyama musing to himself over the fact that he caused Hajime's apparent fall demise in the Orcus Labyrinth and getting frightened at the possibility of being found out.

The Golden Vampire Princess
For the time being, the show is winning over due that each episode ends with a sort of suspense cliffhanger in preparation for what's coming forward in the next one.

That, and as well that in the second episode Yue, at last, made her debut. However, she let's on a displaying a little bit of her powers in the third episode.

She and Hajime are very relatable with each other due to suffering betrayal, although under different circumstances to each other. Nevertheless, in the third episode they quickly started bonding as they traveled together to the 100th floor.

Her quirks makes her so cute as well as an endearing character to me, and pretty sure once Yue gets in top shape her magic will be devastating against anyone or anything that dares to get Hajime's path.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-22, 21:57   Link #118
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
If I'm ever in charge of creating a labyrinth or whatever I'll be sure not to make the floors an even 100, I'll probably do 103 or 117 floors or something just to make things unpredictable

I would have made that trap transport them back to the beginning just to mess with them.
Old 2019-07-22, 22:12   Link #119
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I would have made that trap transport them back to the beginning just to mess with them.
Miledi approved this
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-22, 22:25   Link #120
Go0gleplex
The Old Guy

3rd ep: That was actually enjoyable for a change. The end monster was creepy as Hades too. lol Let's hope things are hitting their stride episode production-wise finally and don't fall apart like the first two eps.

"No society can thrive when it puts more money, effort, and emotion into its vices rather than its virtues."

Harem of choice? Uzume, Rory Mercury, Raphtalia, and Yasaka.
Go0gleplex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, lowbudget