AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-20, 13:51   Link #21
marvelB

^Yeah, the visuals really did go through an overhaul. Anyways, you can find some more info here. Interestingly, the screenshots also show a 4th character in Adol's party who hasn't gotten any info yet. But more importantly than that: Where's Dogi!?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 13:53   Link #22
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Where's Dogi!?
Assuming Falcom's script didn't get incredibly changed when Mask of the Sun and Dawn of Ys were made, he's not in this game at all, as it focus on a "solo" adventure of Adol.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 14:05   Link #23
marvelB

^But Dogi DID appear in the previous versions. Mind you, it's been a good while since I last played either Dawn or Mask, but I definitely recall him appearing about halfway through both games to help out Adol (you know, classic wall crushing entrance and all ). That being said, if Celceta really does follow after its predecessors to some degree, then I suppose this would mean that Dogi will end up as a late addition to the party....
Old 2012-06-20, 14:43   Link #24
xizro345
King's Justice

Considering neither games are the "real" version since Falcom outsourced (I haven't played that far to see Dogi's entrance, I admit, and I barely remember the games) both, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't appear at all.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 00:56   Link #25
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Does anyone know if Ys VI for PC has an English translation patch? I see the game released on PC in Japan only.
Old 2012-06-21, 14:38   Link #26
tootbrush

Location: In a better place. Like the beach. But NOT the moon.
It does.
I'm personally hoping for a Steam release, however. Tom/Wyrdwad from XSEED has said that it is a thing they could possibly release at some point, but they're not sure right now. This also applies for Ys I & II.

The official site is open. Apparently the final subtitle is Foliage Ocean in Celceta.
tootbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 14:53   Link #27
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootbrush View Post
It does.
I'm personally hoping for a Steam release, however. Tom/Wyrdwad from XSEED has said that it is a thing they could possibly release at some point, but they're not sure right now. This also applies for Ys I & II.

The official site is open. Apparently the final subtitle is Foliage Ocean in Celceta.
So it does have an English translation patch? I might get the game on PC. Is it a hassle to get a JPN game running on a US PC and then get an English translation patch working on it?
Old 2012-06-22, 04:13   Link #28
tootbrush

My memory's a bit fuzzy about this, but IIRC, the game installer was in Japanese and for me that involved some trial and error on which button does what. But other than that, no problem whatsoever.

Note that if you're on Vista/7, you might want to get the Vista/7-compatible version. The translators have a separate patch for it.
Old 2012-06-22, 10:51   Link #29
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootbrush View Post

lol yeah, I saw that yesterday. Oh Falcom and their wacky engrish subtitles! Still, I pretty much figure that once Xseed picks this up, they'll stick with the "Sea of Trees" subtitle since it's much less confusing.

Anyway, going back to the Dogi appearance thing: I think something else to keep in mind is that, unless Falcom decided to flat-out retcon Celceta's story altogether, this game should take place before Felghana, chronologically. So that would mean that our wall-crushing shouldn't really have a reason to sit out on this adventure.....
Old 2012-07-06, 04:15   Link #30
tootbrush

Falcom just posted the OP movie:
Spoiler:

Is the theme a really heavily rearranged THE DAWN OF YS? I can't tell. Sounds original, actually. Rather disappointed. They had a perfectly good arrangement of THE DAWN OF YS on jdk Band's 2008 album. Why not use that?

It's a good OP, but I'm not really feeling it for some reason. Might be because this time there's more animation than usual and it just looks really cheap, since they've gone full-on Flash animation action. Previous OPs were basically just stills of characters and beautiful vistas with minimal animation.
The song is rather uninspired too in my opinion. I think they should go for something slower and different again (Ys I/Kefin/Felghana style) for their next outing. These TO MAKE THE END OF BATTLE imitations are epic only so many times.

Last edited by tootbrush; 2012-07-06 at 07:57.
Old 2012-07-06, 10:23   Link #31
marvelB

^Eh, the OP isn't bad, IMO. And yeah, the theme does sound like a new one. Honestly, I would've preferred the Dawn of Ys arrangement myself, but I think this one does the job nicely. But then again, maybe the Falcom JDK Band was too focused on the OST for the PSP's Nayuta to make Celceta's new music sound even MORE awesome.

BTW, I hope Celceta has the option to switch between different versions of the soundtrack like Chronicles and Felghana did (so we could switch between the PCE and SNES versions of the OST)....
Old 2012-07-24, 03:58   Link #32
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 13:52   Link #33
marvelB

^Veeeeeery nice. Great, smooth action, as I'd expect. AND not to mention that Falcom's other action game Trails of Nayuta comes out this week (which I've already pre-ordered! ). However, since I have yet to acquire a Vita (and I probably won't for a while), I suppose I'll be content just waiting for Xseed's inevitable localization announcement for Ys Celceta.....
Old 2012-08-03, 11:57   Link #34
Iron Maw
Banned

New Screenshots
http://andriasang.com/con24i/ys_celceta_screens/

Calender
http://andriasang.com/con24w/ys_heroines_calendar/
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 14:35   Link #35
marvelB

Well, this game was released quite recently in Japan, so I think that warrants a bump, methinks. Unfortunately, I don't have a Vita right now, nor would I be able to import this anytime soon due to my limited funds. But hey, if there's anyone around these parts who DOES have the game now, feel free to share your impressions (sans spoilers, naturally)!

Also, found a rather interesting interview here. Interestingly, they bring up the fact that Dogi isn't around during the start of the game (unlike the previous 16-bit versions), but they didn't exactly say that he wouldn't appear in the game, either. I sure hope he does, though..... IMO, it wouldn't feel quite like a complete Ys game without the wall-crusher.....
Old 2013-01-31, 09:12   Link #36
defki

Xseed has announced Celceta for the west. Ys: Memories of Celceta will be released in Fall 2013.

Obligatory 'shut up and take my money'.gif
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 09:30   Link #37
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Day one buy?

Day one buy.

This reminds me that I haven't bought TiTS yet guess I'll stock up some money for my US PSN to prepare for this and to buy TiTS.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 09:35   Link #38
Zexas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
Xseed has announced Celceta for the west. Ys: Memories of Celceta will be released in Fall 2013.

Obligatory 'shut up and take my money'.gif
didn't expect that...

but yeah day 1
Old 2013-01-31, 16:59   Link #39
marvelB

Yep, really glad to finally see confirmation of this coming overseas (as well as Killer is Dead). Sadly they still haven't said anything yet about Nayuta (or Sora SC), but I've still got my fingers crossed.....
Old 2013-05-20, 14:08   Link #40
MrAyzarC_91

Looking forward for that one!