AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-07-12, 20:03   Link #3001
Wandering Soul

After reading this chapter, it's real easy to see why Kirishima idolizes Crimson Riot.
Old 2017-07-12, 23:19   Link #3002
Ultragunner

Ohh, so Ashido really did notice Kirishima, my bad
Old 2017-07-13, 11:48   Link #3003
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Crimson Riot is/was a really cool hero. I hope we'll learn more about him at some point.
Old 2017-07-14, 00:45   Link #3004
Darius Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
BTW, anyone seen the omake chapter for the JB version? More proof that Bakugou's no idiot, despite being a foul-mouthed, butt-hurt bully, lol.

Oh, and about Mineta, Darius Drake pretty much voiced what I wanted to see from his character, though personally I don't really care for him getting a girlfriend. I'd just like to see him get his moment in the limelight like Kirishima did this arc, really.... just show that he's a wee bit more than goofy comedy relief, is all. Plus, he's pretty much the closest we have to an everyman character in the series, and I always appreciate it when even an everyman gets their time to shine (like Usopp from One Piece).
My reasoning for having Mineta's future growth being him getting a proper, not using him, girlfriend is because it would be a good place for us to actually see him develop as a person. Because without the potential for individual growth, he's just a 2-bit comedic side character.

Yes, Mineta (Fresh-Picked Hero "Grape Juice") is something close to an "everyman" character, but I would say that Kirishima (Vigor Hero "Red Riot") could have been seen as one before the flashback, too. In addition to that, Ojiro (Martial Arts Hero "Tailman"), Sero (Taping Hero "Cellophane") and Kaminari (Stun Gun Hero "Chargebolt") can also be seen as "everyman" characters just as well as Mineta. Especially Ojiro. If anything, I feel Ojiro's a better "everyman" than Mineta.

Oh, and, yes, I did see that omake chapter. The ending was fun and I love the reminders of Bakugou's intelligence. Hotheads are too often depicted as idiots, having an intelligent hothead is a nice change of pace.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-14, 22:46   Link #3005
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
So... The reason Kirishima's Quirk was weaker then was because he hurt himself the first time it manifested?
Not sure where you got that from

No, it was just naturally weak at first.

He just hated his own quirk because it hurt him and because it wasn't flashy. He lacked confidence in himself and his own quirk.

He eventually trained his quirk to get stronger and managed to freakiing get an awesome #2 place in the entrance exam right under Bakugou
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-15, 07:06   Link #3006
Darius Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
So... The reason Kirishima's Quirk was weaker then was because he hurt himself the first time it manifested?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
Not sure where you got that from

No, it was just naturally weak at first.

He just hated his own quirk because it hurt him and because it wasn't flashy. He lacked confidence in himself and his own quirk.

He eventually trained his quirk to get stronger and managed to freakiing get an awesome #2 place in the entrance exam right under Bakugou
My interpretation of the "weakness" of Kirishima's Quirk stated in the latest chapter (ch 145) was due to him under-utilising his quirk due to injuring himself as a child. This also spurned him into, upon seeing one who had a similar quirk doing impressive things with it, childhood praise of Crimson Riot. Sure, he then trained so that it became what we knew at the beginning of the story, but part of the reason why it wasn't there in the first place was due to his fear causing him to not use his quirk properly. That's also likely why he could reach that far so quickly on his own (possibly in only a few months), as a significant amount was just breaking down a self-imposed mental barrier.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-20, 09:20   Link #3007
Sixth
好美的女子

Eng chapter 146 is out.

Good job Kirishima. Now pro hero and villain have acknowledged you as a man. Oh man, I just cannot stop myself to think Rappa is a freaking NITRO from Toriko, and he is actually quite a decent person in this chapter.

And wow, I know that Overhaul is strong but not THAT strong. This guy really have a high stats to back himself up.

and the author of this manga is a walking hand. Oh wait, is that you,Pernida Parnkgjas from the Bleach?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-20, 11:01   Link #3008
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That villain guy turned out to be surprisingly nice. Actually, it's not that surprising, since the other three beaten by Tamaki weren't all bad either.
Old 2017-07-20, 16:02   Link #3009
LevelSeven

ch146

ok chapter i guess..the bettle ending wae meh ino, shit placing of the flashback took away the tension, and overhaul grows into BS lvl powerful char, i really hope it gets explained how he managed to defeat rappa because as far as his powers go (at lwast for how much we know) he should have died :/
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-20, 16:06   Link #3010
Random14

Huh, Rappa's kind of nice, in his own way. Reminds me of Zaraki from Bleach, an honest direct fighter. Another sign of how their gang is divided (old guard, new cult followers, etc.). Though Overhaul sounds even worse now. Having a reconstruction quirk is one thing, being able to keep up with a fighter like that is another matter. And uh-oh, the heroes' battle is going to be even more difficult than expected. Kirishima and Fatgum are out of it, wonder who we'll see next (or rather which of the main group will be dragged into battle).
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-20, 19:25   Link #3011
Wandering Soul

So Rappa does have some morals after all. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, since so far more of the Cleansers have been shown to have some sense of honor.
Old 2017-07-20, 22:55   Link #3012
marvelB

Yeah, Rappa's definitely grown on me. In fact, part of me wants to see him drop out of the villain game and join the good side... perhaps along with some of the other cleansers. Well, time will tell whether or not any of those guys convert. One thing I'm curious about though: If Overhaul killed and resurrected Rappa all those times, then I wonder if that means he revived Magne from Shigaraki's gang, or intends to do so at a later time? Or will the death be a permanent one and we'll see that other transgender friend from Magne's flashback replace him....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Oh man, I just cannot stop myself to think Rappa is a freaking NITRO from Toriko, and he is actually quite a decent person in this chapter.
Red or Blue Nitro?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 00:01   Link #3013
Sixth
好美的女子

Quote:
Yeah, Rappa's definitely grown on me. In fact, part of me wants to see him drop out of the villain game and join the good side... perhaps along with some of the other cleansers. Well, time will tell whether or not any of those guys convert. One thing I'm curious about though: If Overhaul killed and resurrected Rappa all those times, then I wonder if that means he revived Magne from Shigaraki's gang, or intends to do so at a later time? Or will the death be a permanent one and we'll see that other transgender friend from Magne's flashback replace him....?

Red or Blue Nitro?
Blue Nitro
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 00:10   Link #3014
dragon1412

Quote:

Red or Blue Nitro?
I don't know if can revive people though, his power is reassembling right, he might capable of revival in a flash of a moment, but I sincerely doubt he is truly capable of revive the dead
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot