AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2006-09-20, 23:40   Link #81
SilentKnight
Yukio Sumadera Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by night train
These are the only ones on that list I respect and listen to. Pharoache Monch and Method man is on the borderline though. They been doing the same thing for a while now with not much change in their style. Del and Common Sense is old school and deserves the respect. The rest on that list still boasts about how many time they can shoot you with their imaginary guns. Though it's sad how Royce was buried for telling the truth.
Imaginary guns.......right......you act like they don't do bring up other topics when they do.

But according to your classification the following artists do not fit that equation:
Sage Francis
Tonedeff
Rise
Esoteric
TheSaurus
Iron Solomon
iLLmacuLate
Rakim
Pack FM
Atmosphere
Adeem/ Glue
K'naan
Lyrics Born
Black Thought
SilentKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 01:13   Link #82
retardation
phantom loser

what the hell, that whole list is almost completely gun-rapper free. like the only dudes on there who rap about guns at all are like ras kass, methodman, royce and sean p.... now of that group the only cat that rhymes about guns the majority of the time is sean p

plus i never saw what's so bad about doing some rap like that anyway. i mean if mf doom raps about shooting lasers then that's cool and creative but then if somebody else talk about loading you with bullets it's weak. i mean you can make songs about guns and stuff that are just as skilled or interesting as anything else. i mean there is a lot of just unoriginal rehashed nonsense crack slangin, gun toting rap around but stuff like say big l's casualty of a dice game is a "thug rap" song or whatever but you can't tell me it isn't brilliant.

as for scribble jam... i'd say it's the most prestigious battle tourney for one particular segment of underground fans and artists... that namely being the whole def jux/anticon/ughh.com crowd. and then on top of that it is just a battle. being good at battling doesn't mean you're necessarily a good rapper on an artist level (just link ability to dunk doesn't necessarily mean you're a good baller)... it's a nice skill to have in itself though. i wouldn't wanna take away from all those battle mc's out there because it is difficult.
retardation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 09:11   Link #83
Electroguy
An Undisclosed Liability

I'd say MF Doom is being ironic while most commercial rappers are almost trying to brag about how hard their lives are/were to complete the metamorphisis from troubled ghetto teen with a good heart and a rough start to mega star billionaire. The first few times were credible but now it seems that every commercial rapper that comes out of the woodwork has been shot by a coke dealing prostitute in a benz with hydraulics. Lol.

Theres a lot more that goes on at Scribble Jam than just battles btw & a lot more labels and scenes are represented as well.

I'd say its more a sort of an exhibition from the avante-garde geek-hop scene.
Old 2006-09-23, 11:58   Link #84
deaddeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtyped
lord i dont wanna hear who hates, dislikes, or doesnt like rap. Anyone like rap >> << >>. Hope this hasnt been done ><
I like:
Dipset
clover gs (i was introduced through dipset)
some of g-unit
o and dipset

/mod edit: Please, no music downloads or offers for downloads. Read this thread: -- Do not ask for music downloads (of any sort)
He*l I like I grew off of that
deaddeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 13:27   Link #85
Samourai
Le samouraļ est le illest

Send a message via AIM to Samourai
Quote:
Originally Posted by retardation
someone should contract stoupe for an anime soundtrack

that would be so ill
Samourai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 15:05   Link #86
retardation
phantom loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electroguy
I'd say MF Doom is being ironic while most commercial rappers are almost trying to brag about how hard their lives are/were to complete the metamorphisis from troubled ghetto teen with a good heart and a rough start to mega star billionaire. The first few times were credible but now it seems that every commercial rapper that comes out of the woodwork has been shot by a coke dealing prostitute in a benz with hydraulics. Lol.

Theres a lot more that goes on at Scribble Jam than just battles btw & a lot more labels and scenes are represented as well.

I'd say its more a sort of an exhibition from the avante-garde geek-hop scene.
see, i could really care less about the motivation. the just overall lack of originality in today's hip hop pisses me off though but like in the 90's the game was full of pretty much inauthentic thugs: eg onyx and mobb deep were not that hard, wu-tang, jay-z and nas were never pablo escobar level drug lords (obviously) etc. but at least they put enough creativity into their stuff to make it compelling. if there was more stuff like say cuban linx coming out, even if it was lies then i wouldn't be mad. all this "i flipped bricks so accept me" type stuff bores me. like a lot of these rappers coming from the south now are real drug dealing cats but they got nothing interesting to say other than 'listen to me because i'm so real! i move weight!'
retardation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-14, 17:55   Link #87
Drege
Mech King

Rap is my #1 form of music. I like:
The Game
Lil John
Busta Rymes
G-Unit
Eminem
DMX
Dipset
Snoop Dogg
Lil' Wayne
Tha Doggpound
Ice Cube
And More.
Drege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 00:03   Link #88
SilentKnight
Yukio Sumadera Fan

.................................................. .............
Old 2006-10-16, 13:12   Link #89
gencbiba

Busta Rhymes is type ok, Snoop Dogg used to be good, Lil' Wayne has some good stuff, Ice Cube used to be pretty good too (he has some good songs still), DMX is definitely good, and Eminem is somewhat played out now (I used to listen to him before he became a big hit)... But, I gave up on Rap a long time ago, and Guns N' Roses own anyone nowadays (the original band), so.... BTW Drege, you should go further into Rap... You seem to be young so the commercial rap has gotten to you. Definitely try searching for some old stuff that is much better.

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 04:40   Link #90
Dollyja

Location: http:scdja.20.forumer.com and http://freewebs.com/dolijah
I loved the rap in GTA3 and GTA: San Andreas. I like rap in general, but as per my ban from rapworlds... I'm not too strong in that area.
Dollyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 19:27   Link #91
SilentKnight
Yukio Sumadera Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba View Post
Busta Rhymes is type ok, Snoop Dogg used to be good, Lil' Wayne has some good stuff, Ice Cube used to be pretty good too (he has some good songs still), DMX is definitely good, and Eminem is somewhat played out now (I used to listen to him before he became a big hit)... But, I gave up on Rap a long time ago, and Guns N' Roses own anyone nowadays (the original band), so.... BTW Drege, you should go further into Rap... You seem to be young so the commercial rap has gotten to you. Definitely try searching for some old stuff that is much better.
Or there are the tons of underground/indie artists and labels. Plenty of talent there.
Old 2006-10-23, 19:56   Link #92
Jordus

........no.
Old 2006-10-25, 13:09   Link #93
SilentKnight
Yukio Sumadera Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordus View Post
........no.
...........yes?
Old 2006-10-25, 14:11   Link #94
Omiane
Shounen Archiver

Send a message via AIM to Omiane Send a message via MSN to Omiane Send a message via Yahoo to Omiane
I like Rap and Rock equally I have way too much music for no reason lol I think if you have more to like you have more to listen to with rap its more dirty south with rock its more alternative.

Rap for me
Dj Unk
Killa Kyleon
Shing02
Young Dro
Omiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 01:08   Link #95
Mutou Yuugi
Kazama no Shinken

Send a message via MSN to Mutou Yuugi
I rather in japanese rap music would be suitable for me like the band of m.c.A.T and Mosquito-Milk.
Mutou Yuugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 22:41   Link #96
..::Hacker::..
Alone, not Lonely

Location: Sitting by someone I'm in love with but can't have because he already shattered my heart
Send a message via MSN to ..::Hacker::.. Send a message via Yahoo to ..::Hacker::..
I love rap. I listen to Eminem, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Tupac, ect., ect.(The list goes on and on)
..::Hacker::.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 15:27   Link #97
Sadijah
Comptroller

This thread really doesn't have any business on this site, (in my opinion). Since you asked, yes. I enjoy hip-hop and rap on multiple levels. I've come to enjoy rap so much that now I perform it in text-style on several other sites.

{For anyone who wants to respond to this note, I am aware of the controversy that could be caused by this statement. It was a moronic post on my part, and it takes bigger incompetence to respond to it. So if you feel I need to be checked, please, my quote button's in the corner. Otherwise, let's keep post as neutral as possible. And I am not a backseat mod, I just have respect for others. -Sadijah}

Last edited by Sadijah; 2006-10-31 at 15:36. Reason: Quick note added
Sadijah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 23:37   Link #98
frostmore

i mainly litsen to
ICP(they cant rap well..but interesting) and method man

Jin pwns freestyle

i dont like eminem he only has a little good songs,cause who would want to hear a guy bitch about his life/daughter/wife,u guys prolly watched 8mile and thought he was cool.
frostmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 08:53   Link #99
Sadijah
Comptroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostmore View Post
i dont like eminem he only has a little good songs,cause who would want to hear a guy bitch about his life/daughter/wife,u guys prolly watched 8mile and thought he was cool.
As a matter of fact, I didn't like Em until 8 Mile. I'm not very sympathetic, but I love sob stories. You don't understand until you've lived that environment and grew up with that background. Granted, there are people who just get over it as if it never happened. I'm not one of him. I whine about my past and milk it until my husband folds. Overall, Em is one of my all time favorites. 50, is the guy I resent. Come on, who gets big off being shot 9 times?
Sadijah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 09:35   Link #100
Atelier_Spacy

At the risk of this being my dumbest post ever in a forum, (especially since it's my second post) I'll have to disagree with you Sadijah. Eminem does rant about the same damn thing everytime he raps. You know why nobody calls Chris Jarmon 'The Wannabe Eminem' anymore? Because Chris Jarmon, your husband, doesn't keep rapping about the same f***ing thing.
Atelier_Spacy is offline   Reply With Quote