AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-01, 04:26   Link #1
dreamercross

Alyssa's MIP in Mai hime

When Alyssa's Child got destroyed by Mai,why did someone else sparkled instead of Miyu? Since Alyssa and Miyu's relationship should be stronger than anyone else.
Old 2006-01-01, 04:34   Link #2
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamercross
When Alyssa's Child got destroyed by Mai,why did someone else sparkled instead of Miyu? Since Alyssa and Miyu's relationship should be stronger than anyone else.
If you obtain the bonus material in the DVDs concerning Alyssa, you will learn that she still respects her "Father". The bond she has with Miyu, though strong, is different to that she has to her dad. Look at it this way; Miyu is her companion, but she had to lover her father enough to go along with this dangerous mission of hers, fighting the Himes. It's not explained in the show itself, so that's why it seems strange...
Old 2006-01-01, 04:42   Link #3
dreamercross

I see,thanks. So i guess,Miyu is the only one feeling their bond is strong,since Alyssa
is the only one capable of making Miyu,an adroid,smile.
Old 2006-01-01, 04:45   Link #4
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamercross
I see,thanks. So i guess,Miyu is the only one feeling their bond is strong,since Alyssa
is the only one capable of making Miyu,an adroid,smile.
Don't get me wrong, just because Miyu isn't Alyssa's MIP doesn't mean Alyssa didn't care about her. Alyssa is allowed to love more than one person, you know.
Old 2006-01-01, 04:56   Link #5
dreamercross

ah ok,thanks for clearing that up.
Old 2006-01-01, 06:06   Link #6
Befgrek

I thought it was as simple as this: MIP stands for Most Important Person. Miyu is not a person. She's a robot/android, whatever. I haven't seen the bonus material from the DVD's though, so Vallen's explaination might be the correct and official one.
Old 2006-01-01, 12:07   Link #7
KiraDouji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Befgrek
I thought it was as simple as this: MIP stands for Most Important Person. Miyu is not a person.
Androids are people too!

- Kira
Old 2006-01-01, 19:25   Link #8
BigPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraDouji
Androids are people too!

- Kira
True, but they might not be considered "people" in the grand scheme of the Carnival. Miyu is clearly very dear to Alyssa, though her Father might yet be more dear to her. Miyu's Most Important Person (had she been a HiME) would clearly have been Alyssa, but by no means do any two people necessarily share each other as their Most Important (Midori's Professor, Alyssa's Father, Nao's Mother, all might consider their "Most Important Person" someone besides the one who considered them their Most Important.
Old 2006-01-01, 20:17   Link #9
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPrime
True, but they might not be considered "people" in the grand scheme of the Carnival. Miyu is clearly very dear to Alyssa, though her Father might yet be more dear to her. Miyu's Most Important Person (had she been a HiME) would clearly have been Alyssa, but by no means do any two people necessarily share each other as their Most Important (Midori's Professor, Alyssa's Father, Nao's Mother, all might consider their "Most Important Person" someone besides the one who considered them their Most Important.
And this confusion wouldn't have occurred, had it been possible to show Alyssa's true relationship with her dad... Sadly, there is no room plot-wise. Just like Nao's mother, Alyssa's MIP was never shown at all until the last minute. It was not possible to dedicate extra time to the guy, since the screen-time is tight as it is.
Old 2006-01-01, 20:27   Link #10
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
There was an old thread that translated the character omakes before it was killed off. Now I could be wrong, but if I remember right.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-01, 20:53   Link #11
Lost

Does anyone remember in episode 15 when her "father" sparkled, a ring (or something) fell off from him?

Now i dun remember any of the personal jewellery dropping from the others who sparkled. Further, the next guy who came and announced the closure of the Searrs program for the next 300 years took up the ring and put it on.

When i saw that, I got the idea that Searrs had found a way to channel the defeat to sparkle whoever was wearing that ring... So that the MIP rule didnt really apply (Well, they did find a way to articficially create someone with a HiME's powers... overriding the MIP rule shldn't be too hard.)

I dun know... just my two cents.
Old 2006-01-01, 20:57   Link #12
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Does anyone remember in episode 15 when her "father" sparkled, a ring (or something) fell off from him?

Now i dun remember any of the personal jewellery dropping from the others who sparkled. Further, the next guy who came and announced the closure of the Searrs program for the next 300 years took up the ring and put it on.

When i saw that, I got the idea that Searrs had found a way to channel the defeat to sparkle whoever was wearing that ring... So that the MIP rule didnt really apply (Well, they did find a way to articficially create someone with a HiME's powers... overriding the MIP rule shldn't be too hard.)

I dun know... just my two cents.
Oh, in that case, which idiot would be willing to wear that ring during a major battle?

There would be no need to put the ring on unless it was the "Leader" ring, because why wear it when they don't have a Hime any more?
Old 2006-01-01, 21:01   Link #13
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Oh, in that case, which idiot would be willing to wear that ring during a major battle?
Heh... You know how Searrs is a fanatical organisation... Which of its members wouldn't sacrifice themselves for its cause?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
There would be no need to put the ring on unless it was the "Leader" ring, because why wear it when they don't have a Hime any more?
Oh.. thats true... it must have been A Very Nice ring then... lol.

edit= Unless of course he was preparing for the next reappearance 300 years later. When the lights went off, they were still seated in that dark room. Weirdos.

Last edited by Lost; 2006-01-01 at 21:12.
Closed Thread