AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2010-08-14, 20:33   Link #3721
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Both Japanese and Korean Internet users are reported to be planning a “cyber-war” against each other on the anniversary of Japan’s loss of the Second World War.
Talk of a Japanese “counter-attack” in retribution for the hostile acts conducted by Koreans against 2ch earlier in the year has reportedly led to an attack by Japanese on Korean Internet targets being planned for the 15th of August.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/0...ith-cyber-war/
i am not sure what to say.
Old 2010-08-14, 21:11   Link #3722
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i am not sure what to say.
Apparently this is not really anything special. I heard that every year attack by 2chan happens at this time of year whether be big or small. But this one seems to be more overblown because of the previous attack.
All this show is that there are retards in both countries.
Old 2010-08-15, 00:27   Link #3723
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Instead of dressing up in period clothes and re-enacting the Civil War.... they put on their "1337" gear and play scripty games. I suspect a squadron of DefCon black hats could eviscerate all of them on both sides in a matter of minutes.
Old 2010-08-15, 00:52   Link #3724
AnimeFan188

Plastic jar removed from Fla. bear cub's head:

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/July-3...50aGlzanVseTMx
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 01:22   Link #3725
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Apparently this is not really anything special. I heard that every year attack by 2chan happens at this time of year whether be big or small. But this one seems to be more overblown because of the previous attack.
All this show is that there are retards in both countries.
Now that 2ch is now hosted here under a certain "Packet Monster inc", I am sure there will be another side dragged into this cyber war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Instead of dressing up in period clothes and re-enacting the Civil War.... they put on their "1337" gear and play scripty games. I suspect a squadron of DefCon black hats could eviscerate all of them on both sides in a matter of minutes.
Actually very likely. All they do for the past 1 or 2 years is launch DDOS attacks on each others' government sites. A simple F5 spam or script could have done that - and a more sophisticated way is just simply hijack zombie PCs to do the same.

These guys are nothing more than mere script kiddies. Professional hackers do different stuff and don't declare their intentions out.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 02:58   Link #3726
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
These guys are nothing more than mere script kiddies. Professional hackers do different stuff and don't declare their intentions out.
Eh Depends what you're talking about as hackers, yes a "black hat" hacker would generally never do that; however "gray hat" hackers probably would it some way or other another, and "white hat" hackers generally do for legal reasons .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 03:06   Link #3727
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Eh Depends what you're talking about as hackers, yes a "black hat" hacker would generally never do that; however "gray hat" hackers probably would it some way or other another, and "white hat" hackers generally do for legal reasons .
White and gray hats do it through spokespeople. They don't do it themselves.

And government hackers don't do it at all.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-08-15, 18:58   Link #3728
Autumn Demon
~

Wouldn't it be nice if newspapers put warning labels on their articles?

Spoiler for image:

http://www.tomscott.com/warnings/
Autumn Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 19:02   Link #3729
AnimeFan188

Plagiarist Plagiarised

"Shaa, an illustrator widely suspected of tracing the illustrations of other artists, has
now been the subject of plagiarism himself in an unusual case of reverse (or
possibly revenge) plagiarism."

See:

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/0...t-plagiarised/
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 20:15   Link #3730
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Lol.

One, that came from 2ch.
Two, copying poses and clothes designs are not bounds for plagiarism.
Three, "widely suspected of tracing the illustrations of other artists"? I need proof.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 08:00   Link #3731
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Are our news threads becoming the "Sankaku" channeling medium? Not a general credible news source at all (races with tabloids for the bottom), but amusing for the "lolz".
Old 2010-08-16, 08:03   Link #3732
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Are our news threads becoming the "Sankaku" channeling medium? Not a general credible news source at all (races with tabloids for the bottom), but amusing for the "lolz".
The problem is: Sankaku HAS the credibility (though mostly in Japanese) through the news URL links people like to degrade or ignore.

It is called "irrational skepticism". After all, it would be nice to remember that Sankaku isn't Fox News; yet.

Of course, that doesn't mean we don't hammer stuff that came directly from 2ch. Those with newslinks are fine though.

Old 2010-08-16, 08:09   Link #3733
Tri-ring

Here is something I found interesting.

Today's superheroes send wrong image to boys, say researchers

Quote:
"In today's media, superheroes and slackers are the only two options boys have," said Lamb. "Boys are told, if you can't be a superhero, you can always be a slacker. Slackers are funny, but slackers are not what boys should strive to be; slackers don't like school and they shirk responsibility. We wonder if the messages boys get about saving face through glorified slacking could be affecting their performance in school."
I guess this person have never heard of the "Slice of life" genre so much popular in anime.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 10:22   Link #3734
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post

I guess this person have never heard of the "Slice of life" genre so much popular in anime.
That is like equating all superheroes to Rambo. How very absolute.

Old 2010-08-17, 02:32   Link #3735
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Thieves got a very agresive answer when trying to steal a DS. O_o

I think this video speaks by itself (turn speaker on)

Oh, btw, here's the facebook of one of the bastards

http://www.facebook.com/people/Bryce...00000590124551
Old 2010-08-17, 02:35   Link #3736
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by article
When not in superhero costume, these men, like Ironman, exploit women, flaunt bling and convey their manhood with high-powered guns."
They forgot be an alcoholic. Still, it's the American way.
Old 2010-08-17, 02:48   Link #3737
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

That genre's full of slackers.

Sport anime may be a better bet. The heroes may have superpowers, but at least they don't fight crime. Well, not all the time.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 02:50   Link #3738
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post

Wow...talk about Freedom of Information. My suggestion? Let 4chan's Anonymous deal with him...
Old 2010-08-17, 05:43   Link #3739
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Thieves got a very agresive answer when trying to steal a DS. O_o

I think this video speaks by itself (turn speaker on)

The DS must have Love Plus on it.

Old 2010-08-17, 07:37   Link #3740
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:

Spider-Man, who arguably began this latest trend of superhero movies over the past 10 years, is nothing like the image the author depicts (he's strong, but usually Spider-Man villains are stronger than Peter and he has to use his intelligence to win). Iron Man is meant to be a playboy, but he is one of many different heroes... Hell, even the super dumb, pure masculinity-based Hulk has a very human backstory (abusive, alcoholic father, repressed rage, etc). I think that article is totally off base.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
humor