AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-28, 19:05   Link #241
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Quote:
however i do think their was a sort of change of political control at stake.
A lot of wars don't end with one side taking over the other; sometimes they end with one side just gaining more territory, or with one side loosing influence and power
Note: I just quoted part of your post I'm addressing all of it.

I agree with your statements in general. It has deep ramifications in the world of one piece, for the balance of power in one piece. I do agree there are political consequences from the outcome of this battle. It need not be a war for this. A country can have powerful groups organizations (Gangs) within it, who the government lacks the resources to properly control. In the world of one piece white beard was such a group. This operation was an attempt to provoke one such group in an attempt to eliminate them. By doing so the government stands to gain political control, as it both threatens other powerful groups and stands to intimidate smaller groups. It again need not be a war.

I do think a lot of what I'm arguing boils down to semantics. I just think that comparisons to thinks like World war II, Korean War, Vietnam are not really valid here.
Old 2010-03-28, 22:05   Link #242
marvelB

So.... according to aohige, it looks like OP's going to be taking a break after chapter 580 comes out. Just a heads-up, guys......
Old 2010-03-28, 22:20   Link #243
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I dont think Ace is dead. It would be so pointless for him too die and it would really truly ruin the main events at the end of the manga, since I suspected that Ace and Luffy will duke it out for the title of Pirate king.

I believe that Luffy will awake and see Ace´s vivi card slowly returning and yeah you get the picture.
That makes no sense, if this war is supposed to be some massive changes in the world of One Piece, than these changes must effect Luffy. Whitebeard dying doesn't effect Luffy, he only knew about him, but Ace dying does effect Luffy.

Luffy would have been unable to protect the person he cares about most, he would have to grow up and stop thinking like a child.

It would help make One Piece a coming of age story has luffystarts the journey as a child but ends it as a man.....

Voiced by Norio Wakamoto
Old 2010-03-28, 22:38   Link #244
Rurik
Golden

I havent gone back to see the debate about the use of the word WAR, but its is common in shonen to use this big fight between two groups as war, In the chunin exam for narutp the fight that broke between Sound, sand and leaf was called a war is well, there is no need to deep analize this with historical information, is just a loose use of the term
Old 2010-03-28, 22:49   Link #245
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
So.... according to aohige, it looks like OP's going to be taking a break after chapter 580 comes out. Just a heads-up, guys......
That might mean Shanks will stop the war in one chapter, or Sengoku will realize it's time to quit while he's ahead. Taking on a fresh Emperor right now wouldn't exactly be the smartest move. Blackbeard would probably back off, too.
Old 2010-03-28, 23:02   Link #246
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
That might mean Shanks will stop the war in one chapter, or Sengoku will realize it's time to quit while he's ahead. Taking on a fresh Emperor right now wouldn't exactly be the smartest move. Blackbeard would probably back off, too.
Breaks generally mean cliffhangers, but since One Piece has been filled with cliffhangers as of late, I guess Oda can take a bit of a break from his cliffhangers .

Still, better for Oda to take a break week after next as opposed to last year when he took a break the week before Shounen Jump went on break for Golden Week...
Old 2010-03-28, 23:56   Link #247
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
how long of a break?
Old 2010-03-29, 00:07   Link #248
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Breaks usually last a week.
Old 2010-03-29, 04:20   Link #249
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
In a military system, if you act on your own impulse, you'll be punished or kicked out.

If anyone actually ate a Devil Fruit without permission in the Marines, they'll probably be put into jail as well. They probably won't even be kicked out because they may become pirates.

Devil Fruits are a form of weapon and power, I'm sure they won't let anyone possess such dangerous abilities easily.
hmm...

for sure I think I found one of the reason why The Former Commodore Drake leave the marines... to give an Ancient Zoan Type to the marine... wew that would be pain in the ass... hehe...
Old 2010-03-29, 04:26   Link #250
Prestige

Quote:
This is not real suprise, I had been expecting for a break for a 3 weeks now, I am suprised that this streak lasted even this long.

Well Oda deserves his rests and he usually times his break with Golden week so we get 2 full weeks without OP fixes.
Old 2010-03-29, 06:14   Link #251
Orath
Gunpla newborn

Send a message via MSN to Orath
Am not sure about Oda's break urgency. I bet he has up to Ch1000 in a sealed safe in some secret cave, and every time he gets a break he goes fetch some of them and just hand it to Shonen Jump
Old 2010-03-29, 07:24   Link #252
anti-sasuke brigade

i got a feeling coby will join luffys pirate crew after this arc, after what he have witness on how cruel world government is
Old 2010-03-29, 07:27   Link #253
d' airscapez
stranded in new york

Oda deserves a break from all this quality work.
Old 2010-03-29, 07:55   Link #254
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orath View Post
Am not sure about Oda's break urgency. I bet he has up to Ch1000 in a sealed safe in some secret cave, and every time he gets a break he goes fetch some of them and just hand it to Shonen Jump
If you own his books, you'll know why he needs breaks.

There are already over 9000 pages of drawings in the manga, he also does many other One Piece books. We won't ever get to see how much conceptual and developmental drawings he's done, but just to let you know, he has entire books each dedicated to different aspects, like character development drawings, landscapes, even animals. He still needs to spends time to supervise and direct the anime and movies.

On top of that he is also a husband and father.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2010-03-29, 10:07   Link #255
Orath
Gunpla newborn

Send a message via MSN to Orath
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
If you own his books, you'll know why he needs breaks.

There are already over 9000 pages of drawings in the manga, he also does many other One Piece books. We won't ever get to see how much conceptual and developmental drawings he's done, but just to let you know, he has entire books each dedicated to different aspects, like character development drawings, landscapes, even animals. He still needs to spends time to supervise and direct the anime and movies.

On top of that he is also a husband and father.
I was sarcastic in my post .

On a somewhat serious note, can't we make a petition to have OP release two chapters a week! they can cancel Bleach or Naruto to make room for it .

Last edited by Orath; 2010-03-29 at 10:10. Reason: typo
Old 2010-03-29, 11:13   Link #256
zetzet

Quote:
Originally Posted by John D. View Post
You think Mihawk can match Shanks blow for blow (in a serious fight, not a sword duel)? Mihawk is the best swordsman (according to his title), but Shanks is sure to have some other trick up his sleeve to topple Mihawk's greater swordsmanship (Haōshoku Haki to name one).

Shanks said he came to stop the war, not to partcipate in it it (nor is he, I assume, meaning to "stop" the war by helping Blackbeard destroy the marines) and I'm curious what Shanks plans are (or maybe Ben Backmen is the one laying down the importent plan details in Shanks crew, seeing as Oda said he was the smartest one around^).

Shanks should be in a good position to come to an agreement with the marines, seeing as they are hardly fit to handle another Yonkou and his crew in their state (with the majority of WB commanders+crew still fighting and Blackbeard Pirates laying waste to Marinford). The marines have achieved their goal; both Ace and Whitebeard sleeps the deep sleep and they should want to concentrate on Blackbeard and his guys.

do you think dragon will appear
Old 2010-03-29, 13:02   Link #257
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetzet View Post
do you think dragon will appear
Not during this war. If he's going to appear anywhere, he might show up to give Robin a lift back to Sabaody.
Old 2010-03-29, 13:04   Link #258
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Not during this war. If he's going to appear anywhere, he might show up to give Robin a lift back to Sabaody.
i think Oda needs to put out a good reason why he didn't show up. The WG/WB showdown would have been a great opportunity to take out some of the Marines best.
Old 2010-03-29, 13:12   Link #259
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-sasuke brigade View Post
i got a feeling coby will join luffys pirate crew after this arc, after what he have witness on how cruel world government is
I don't think he'll join Luffy's crew. More likely, if it happens at all, a different faction of the Marines will be created with Smoker, Taishigi, Coby, and some others who object to the cruelty and methods displayed.
Old 2010-03-29, 13:16   Link #260
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

I'm very interested in seeing how the strawhat connection will be resolved between shanks and luffy. There is no doubt that Luffy will get the strawhat back, But after going to the new world or before?
Closed Thread