AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-23, 09:15   Link #2041
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

I think the director deliberately left too many plot holes in last episode that so we viewers can make their own judgement and guess "are the twins died or not?". It is just the same as 'Nice Boat' ending for School Days.

However I liked Yosuga no Sora's 'nice train' ending far better than "Nice Boat" one since it doesn't use violence but instead we had an artsy one. The tunnel is earth. The sky and clouds on background is heaven. The makeout scene between Sora and Haru is what they going to enjoy in heaven.

While lots of viewers want the twins survived but I think its far more romantic for them to dead and their souls remained together for eternity.

Spoiler for If you want them alive:

Spoiler for If you want them dead:
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 10:13   Link #2042
justavisitor

I still say, if they actually die, then those friends will definitely know that they are dead...Nao was helping Haru to find Sora...she would call police if Haru is also gone missing, then it will alert everyone

There is no way that Nao will allow Haru "disappear" without calling others for help XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 16:08   Link #2043
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Agh... late for another great discussion, curse the holidays this year. I'm still posting the thoughts I penned down on my phone though...

• Guess Kozoue & Nao didn't join them, LOL.
• That almost sex scene was quite hot.
• Why did they go overseas? A small rural town is perfect for a taboo relationship.
• Kinda wish Kozoue didn't return for the end, like we all wanted. I feel bad for her now.
• Motoka was awesome. I think she was the best. She can be cute and ever so sexy.

But oh man. So good. So, so good. 10/10 from me.
Old 2010-12-23, 17:14   Link #2044
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I still say, if they actually die, then those friends will definitely know that they are dead...Nao was helping Haru to find Sora...she would call police if Haru is also gone missing, then it will alert everyone

There is no way that Nao will allow Haru "disappear" without calling others for help XD
What you say would be true if everything is supposed to be part of one canon ending. But my theory is that there are two separate endings: "alive" and "dead."

The friends part near the end is not part of the "dead" ending. They die in the lake and then reappear in an afterlife train journey at the very end.

In the alternate "alive" ending, they save themselves somehow, go back home and leave town, then send an e-mail later. Then we see them in the train in Finland, or wherever it is.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 17:32   Link #2045
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
What you say would be true if everything is supposed to be part of one canon ending. But my theory is that there are two separate endings: "alive" and "dead."

The friends part near the end is not part of the "dead" ending. They die in the lake and then reappear in an afterlife train journey at the very end.

In the alternate "alive" ending, they save themselves somehow, go back home and leave town, then send an e-mail later. Then we see them in the train in Finland, or wherever it is.
I guess it also works...
So everyone can choose on what they want to believe in...fair enough
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 18:20   Link #2046
Kamonichan

Spoiler for my take on the ending:

And yes, 11 out of 10 for this show.
Kamonichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 19:28   Link #2047
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Did anybody manage to snag the volume 1 blu ray yet? I wanna see how they handle the whole repeating episodes thing.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 21:52   Link #2048
Qikz

Can anyone summarise why they think they're dead? This may sound silly, but the text seemed to point that they've actually just gone overseas to try and go somewhere where they can be happy, which makes sense as nobody will know who they are or that they're siblings overseas. Something tells me they haven't left the house for good either, maybe just some kind of vacation?
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 23:05   Link #2049
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Creepy ending just the last 2eps was very creepy

6/10 it was good tell the last 2eps
Old 2010-12-23, 23:39   Link #2050
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
Can anyone summarise why they think they're dead? This may sound silly, but the text seemed to point that they've actually just gone overseas to try and go somewhere where they can be happy, which makes sense as nobody will know who they are or that they're siblings overseas. Something tells me they haven't left the house for good either, maybe just some kind of vacation?
Beyond the sort of "symbolic" nature of some of the scenes shown, and some doubt at how they were saved from the depths of the water, the only "physical evidence" is the fact that the bunny is shown ripped up in Sora's room when Akira looks at it, but in the train at the end the bunny is there, intact. So either there are two bunnies, or one of the two scenes didn't happen in the same chronology. That, in a nutshell, is the "dead" theory. Everything else that happened is, IMO, a bit more supportive of the "alive" theory on the surface, which is why I can buy the idea of two different endings if it helps people to make sense of it. I agree that it doesn't particularly matter which of the two theories you prefer.

Regarding your comment in particular:
Spoiler for Game ending comparison:
Old 2010-12-24, 00:22   Link #2051
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Theories of whether they are dead or alive are very much an argument even in channers. I support the "alive" theory as the last scenes show they are alive doing indecent things. (Actually, I'm thinking if they are dead, they can't do that kind of things in heaven. So are we saying the NICE TRAIN is actually a HELL TRAIN?) Anyway, either way, the ending showed us that they are still together, dead or alive. That's all that matters to me.
Old 2010-12-24, 00:52   Link #2052
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
just gone overseas to try and go somewhere where they can be happy, which makes sense as nobody will know who they are or that they're siblings overseas.
Ofcourse they'd know they're sibglings: they ARE faternal twins. But yes, no one would question their behaviour because they didn't date Haru and realized his sister complex or didn't catch Haru reading about incest. >_>

Also...
waw, nipple sucking. with or without sound effects? LOL anyway I' glad Sora didn't get censored after all (best sex scenes IMHO).
Old 2010-12-24, 01:50   Link #2053
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

amazing twincest. i like how there's enough open ending to debate either way, if they died or not. but yeah, definitely show of the season. the way the developed Haru's thoughts about having an incestuous relationship was masterful. they crammed it into one ep, but it was soooo well done i can't complain.

anywho, yeah, Sora arc.. by far the best in every way.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 04:41   Link #2054
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Well for those who wanted to know (and we know you're there ),
Spoiler for A certain scene of the BD/DVD Version of episode 4:
Old 2010-12-24, 05:12   Link #2055
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Beyond the sort of "symbolic" nature of some of the scenes shown, and some doubt at how they were saved from the depths of the water, the only "physical evidence" is the fact that the bunny is shown ripped up in Sora's room when Akira looks at it, but in the train at the end the bunny is there, intact. So either there are two bunnies, or one of the two scenes didn't happen in the same chronology. That, in a nutshell, is the "dead" theory. Everything else that happened is, IMO, a bit more supportive of the "alive" theory on the surface, which is why I can buy the idea of two different endings if it helps people to make sense of it. I agree that it doesn't particularly matter which of the two theories you prefer.

Regarding your comment in particular:
Spoiler for Game ending comparison:
There's also the fact that the house was left in a mess, usually if you are moving you would clean up the place and pack things away. The way it is shown the people living there were just 'gone'.

And:
-Why would the same model of bunny still be in production?
-How would they buy one from where they live, a rural village?
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 07:01   Link #2056
Kamonichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
There's also the fact that the house was left in a mess, usually if you are moving you would clean up the place and pack things away. The way it is shown the people living there were just 'gone'.

And:
I think they would have left the house as it was. They were abandoning their old way of life, so they didn't really need anything. And I doubt they ever intend to go back.

As for your questions:
-If it was a small or family-owned business, they would probably only have one design. Or they might have bought it off whatever the Japanese use instead of eBay. (See below for further explanation.)
-They could have gone back before traveling abroad. While they didn't care about their old life, but the bunny would have been for their new life. They were on the road anyway, and Sora probably regretted destroying the old one and wanted a replacement. She's the unreasonable type, and Haru has enough of a complex to let her.
Kamonichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 07:50   Link #2057
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post

And:
Nobody is able to explain this or at least i've read everything but only speculations and theories, the black rabbit vs phone text message, the house vs train. These scenes aren't in the game but are anime only, the authors added them and change the lake one too to create ambiguity on purpose. I also think that two different ending theory in the same episode is not a bad interpretation.

You should play the game if you want the original ending or wait the last volume of the manga. :|
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 11:34   Link #2058
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnights View Post
Nobody is able to explain this or at least i've read everything but only speculations and theories, the black rabbit vs phone text message, the house vs train. These scenes aren't in the game but are anime only, the authors added them and change the lake one too to create ambiguity on purpose. I also think that two different ending theory in the same episode is not a bad interpretation.
Yes, I think you are exactly right. There is no accurate/perfect way to reconcile the incompatible scenes in the anime. If someone insists on putting everything in one timeline, the best you can do is to come up with rationalizations to explain the inconsistencies. And I personally would agree that the concept of there being two different endings shown is probably the easiest rationalization, since that way the incompatible scenes can be treated as is. Otherwise, they're just oddities/mysteries that will remain unexplained and give us in the audience something to talk about (which was perhaps the real purpose).
Old 2010-12-24, 13:57   Link #2059
Qikz

I think the bunny is more a running gag. Considering in the omake she's always tearing them up anyways. So it's kind of her thing to always have the bunny. Also with the train scene you saw them going through a tunnel and then over some gravelly style ground outside of the train, they just showed the sky prodominatley, because although the Kanji for her name is different (according to the site anyways), she's still called sora.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 14:21   Link #2060
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Haru could have also bought her a new bunny at some point too. Sometimes there's a simple explanation instead of a complex one.

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen, visual novel adaptation