AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-02, 09:56   Link #41
aorta

cleaner version of the TAF trailer

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2MuSalDWI8A

http://www.ntv.co.jp/RD/news/images/rd_01.asx
aorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 18:49   Link #42
Crisano

Wow, the trailer was amazing. The music and animation was spectacular, very cinema-like. I'll definitely watch this series.
Crisano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 19:08   Link #43
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Kawasumi Ayako's characters looks hot, they sure know how to make androids in that future, dystopia or no dystopia

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 19:37   Link #44
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Kawasumi Ayako's characters looks hot, they sure know how to make androids in that future, dystopia or no dystopia
It's Shirow's future after all

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 20:56   Link #45
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The .asx stream from NTV was so slow and choppy that I finally used mplayer to dump the stream to a file while I watched the new Ghost Hound episodes It was worth the effort since it confirmed that I'll be watching when this show appears as well.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 15:25   Link #46
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisano View Post
Wow, the trailer was amazing. The music and animation was spectacular, very cinema-like.
I haven't checked all the staff names that are supposed to be working on this (only the most prominent roles), but looking at the trailer it should be safe to assume that it's probably going to be the same people who worked on GiTS, and Seirei no Moribito.

I'm drooling.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 05:06   Link #47
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

just saw this one because of the shirow in the title...

oh, yeah, i'll be fucking following this one...
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 06:04   Link #48
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
I haven't checked all the staff names that are supposed to be working on this (only the most prominent roles), but looking at the trailer it should be safe to assume that it's probably going to be the same people who worked on GiTS, and Seirei no Moribito.

I'm drooling.
Huh? No, based on the staff it's more likely this is the Chevalier team.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 10:31   Link #49
andromeda0201

lol, makes no difference.....no, in fact I think thats even better. Chevalier was awesome, I liked it more than SnM and Gits. Anyway this should promise good plot, characters and music
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 10:34   Link #50
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Huh? No, based on the staff it's more likely this is the Chevalier team.
I see. My bad, I just thought it really really looked like the same style from GiTS (as I said, I didn't give a look to the complete staff list yet). I most likely got "fooled" by the sci-fi looks, and by the inner GiTS fanboy that's been sleeping inside for quite a while.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 17:32   Link #51
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
The first episode of Real Drive was excellent, as expected. Easily the best produced anime of this season. Very professional animation (think: best episodes of Chevalier-level), the music is great (both ED and BGM) and the plot seems very original and their idea of the main character was surprising.

The world, though, is a bit confusing thus far.

I like the "diving into the sea"/"surfing the cyberworld" metaphor, but otherwise the worldview so far is extremely confusing. It's not that I don't understand what's going on, but rather I don't really get what's going on with their technology, what is real and what is cyberspace.

Also, every girl looked a bit, how shall I put it... voluptious. 8) Definitely lots of curves in this series (and not just in the chest area).
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 17:43   Link #52
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm glad MrProphet was a bit confused, too. Ep1 looked great, and the voices were good (I always like Fujiwara Keiji), but I wish I really knew what was going on. Refreshing to see female characters who are a bit, as we say, "broad in the beam."
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 18:22   Link #53
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
The first episode of Real Drive was excellent, as expected. Easily the best produced anime of this season. Very professional animation (think: best episodes of Chevalier-level), the music is great (both ED and BGM) and the plot seems very original and their idea of the main character was surprising.
I agree. This look absolutely beautiful, even more so because it was in HD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
Also, every girl looked a bit, how shall I put it... voluptious. 8) Definitely lots of curves in this series (and not just in the chest area).
I didn't really mind the curves, I was more disappointed about the general look of the females. The faces look too much alike and they're too round for my taste. But that's just nit-picking. Definitely looking forward to a sub. I hope this is going to be consistent in animation quality though. Chevalier also started out really good, but there were episodes that were nowhere near as good as the HQ episodes.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 18:29   Link #54
Chase

ummm who's subbing this?
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 18:41   Link #55
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

This title definitely has fanservice in it (female designs, panty shots of the teen) and unexpected traumatic scenes. It has eye candy too.

Now too wait for the subs to see what the heck was really happening.
Old 2008-04-08, 18:53   Link #56
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
ummm who's subbing this?
Three groups have signed up on the Who Subs What wiki: Ureshii&Saizen, Ashes, Shinsen-subs
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 19:21   Link #57
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Three groups have signed up on the Who Subs What wiki: Ureshii&Saizen, Ashes, Shinsen-subs
Thanks for the info
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 19:39   Link #58
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
I think I'll wait till Shinsen-subs does this, my Japanese is way too basic for Shirow-styled sci-fi. I'm really excited about this, though, so it'll be hard to wait.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 19:50   Link #59
solomon

cant wait cant wait. I'll also keep an eye out fer shinsen's sub, they do killer work.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 19:52   Link #60
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
Chevalier also started out really good, but there were episodes that were nowhere near as good as the HQ episodes.
Gotta remember man, it's a rare feat to have great animation every episode, some have higher batting averages then others but still, even ghost in the shell SAC had some "b" grade eps (although they still kicked the crap out of all other series "B" grade eps).
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
production i.g.