AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-17, 08:58   Link #2161
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I don't think that Nagisa's father rejected her. He stood up for her against his superiors. He prob just made her think that way so she would just leave. Sooner or later he's going to realize that he can't resolve it via the system especially if he knows what really happened to his wife.
But that's a rejection, is it not? Maybe I didn't word it correctly, but by "rejection" I referred to his rescue and not to his daughter as a whole. Since this is a generally optimistic anime, I still have hopes for Nagisa's family.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 09:07   Link #2162
sa547
*Author

Damn, either on the final episode or in the next cour, I'd like to hear their new song (Show Fight -- part of the Gingham Check 27th single) included as an insert:
Old 2012-07-17, 10:40   Link #2163
mochichan

I prefer this...:3

But since the content is about tsunami victims..it might be a little...careless if they put it there? :\
If not then some Team K songs like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AHj8uydUoY
. It's rockish, perfect for a fight scene, and the topic is about fight on which fit the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I don't think that Nagisa's father rejected her. He stood up for her against his superiors. He prob just made her think that way so she would just leave. Sooner or later he's going to realize that he can't resolve it via the system especially if he knows what really happened to his wife.
Yeah I thought so too. Since he did refuse to make her leave AKB.
But wouldn't it be better if he just say he want her to leave? Saying harsh things to her like that would really hurt her feeling. His choice of words was really careless :\
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 11:08   Link #2164
maximilianjenus
[E]

nice episode, especiall the cg, I am very pleased on how it turned out (I refused to watch berserk because of the cg), the characters still look 2d and the animation does not feel robotic at all, while we can stil tell cg and regular animation apart, the cg itself is very enjoyable kind of like mecha series.

Also, props on kanata's father who managed is the legendary wota that got killed by non lethal weapons.

Last edited by maximilianjenus; 2012-07-17 at 11:11. Reason: paragraph
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 11:33   Link #2165
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
the legendary wota that got killed by non lethal weapons.
IIRC DES uses lethal weapons. Actually I think the wotas uses lethal weapons too, though they do try to comply with the "don't kill" rule. DES isn't that careful.
Old 2012-07-17, 12:37   Link #2166
maximilianjenus
[E]

I prefer to think that kanata's father is the legendary wota who got killed by non lethal weapons and the only casuality of the ban against entertainment, tho.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 12:44   Link #2167
Kazu-kun

Getting killed by non lethal weapons sounds more hilarious than legendary though. lol
Old 2012-07-17, 13:25   Link #2168
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Getting killed by non lethal weapons sounds more hilarious than legendary though. lol
Any weapon can be lethal in the right circumstances. Tasers are only supposed to incapacitate, but use one on someone with a heart condition ...
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 14:52   Link #2169
mochichan

True but Kanata's dad doesn't seem like the type that's weakly so it's awkward if he get kill by non lethal weapons....-_-;

DES does use lethal weapons. The only ones that don't is AKB0048 but it's bad for their image anyway.
Old 2012-07-17, 17:45   Link #2170
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

They figured they should simply intimidate the girls. After all they are a corporate cops first and enforcers of the ban second. They will need a regime change to have the entertainment ban enforced in full force which will have fanatical soldiers doing what is effectively a purge.
Old 2012-07-17, 17:54   Link #2171
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I've decided I'm going to try to cosplay as one of the 75th generation.

These outfits are my favorites:
Spoiler:

I find it amazing that every single one is a tiny bit different. You don't see that very often in other anime...but no matter what style the girls are wearing, it's always been this way! I really love that! "WE ARE UNIQUE" heh.

Anyway, I have to get this outfit done for Otakon. That gives me one WEEK.
........isn't that hilarious?

*pumps fist in the air* OH YEEEAH, LET'S DO THIS!!!
Old 2012-07-17, 18:18   Link #2172
sa547
*Author

As we're approaching the final episode, I thought of one thing, and it's how long a show could possibly leave an impression long after it ends. So far, only a few have ever left a searing mark in my memory.

I first approached this show with both curiosity and a little skepticism; I'll be finishing it up next weekend with an admixture of admiration (the girls' progress in honing their seiyuu skills), sadness (yeah, the real-life Acchan's gonna leave the group soon), and satisfaction.

Maybe this'll be the one show that positively changed my opinion about idols forever.

If I get to eat an omelet like this, I'll be thinking so much of her, much in the same way a Chanel No. 5 leaves an impression to the nose. No kidding.
Old 2012-07-17, 19:32   Link #2173
mochichan

Full ED
Even tho I don't like ballads..the instrument and flow of the song is nice
and it have really good lyric too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
I've decided I'm going to try to cosplay as one of the 75th generation.

These outfits are my favorites:
Spoiler:

I find it amazing that every single one is a tiny bit different. You don't see that very often in other anime...but no matter what style the girls are wearing, it's always been this way! I really love that! "WE ARE UNIQUE" heh.

Anyway, I have to get this outfit done for Otakon. That gives me one WEEK.
........isn't that hilarious?

*pumps fist in the air* OH YEEEAH, LET'S DO THIS!!!
Oh coool~ who are you cosplaying as?
Old 2012-07-17, 20:16   Link #2174
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
Full ED

Again, cám ơn for the vid... Now I can build up a compilation album (unofficial OST).

BTW, nicked them off again from Amazon:

And a parody of my making:
Spoiler:

Last edited by sa547; 2012-07-17 at 20:53.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 22:29   Link #2175
Chiibi

Quote:

Oh coool~ who are you cosplaying as?
Just as a member.....I don't know whose design I'm going with...but that's the beauty of it; I could be unique too.
Old 2012-07-17, 22:59   Link #2176
Dr. Casey

I'd play a drinking game where I take a shot every time Mamoru acts like a douche, but I'm afraid I'd die of alcohol poisoning if I did.

I'm really enjoying the show, I hope it's a split cour like originally rumored. Poor Nagisa.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 23:02   Link #2177
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Full ED

The full song is pretty awesome. I can't wait for the single!
Old 2012-07-17, 23:52   Link #2178
Chiibi

I'm more partial to the OP but I admit the ED is growing on me. I like the verses but not the refrain so much.
Old 2012-07-18, 00:18   Link #2179
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Damn, either on the final episode or in the next cour, I'd like to hear their new song (Show Fight -- part of the Gingham Check 27th single) included as an insert:
Spoiler for video:
That CM is interesting, the three girl are are currently believed to be the top 3 runner as future AKB center in Mayuyu, Jurina, and Paruru.

Quote:

Spoiler for ep 12:
Speaking of Jurina, she was only 11 year old when she served as co-center with Acchan in Oogoe Diamond, episode 12's insert song.

Spoiler for Jurina in Oogoe Diamond:

Episode 12 was great, What surprised me was how good that little background clip of symphonic Oogoe Diamond sounds. Now I really wish they'll have an OST coming out.

With that being said, I'm also surprised that Nagisa lost her voice and his dad refuse the rescue. With just one episode left, this little plot twist seems to add a little too much story element for my comfort.

On the other hand, the episode flows nicely without mush issue. Now we'll see how ep. 13 wraps it all up.

But I really hope they announces 2nd season in next episode, maybe Takamina's graduation might serve both as a link and the lead in?
Old 2012-07-18, 00:28   Link #2180
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
But I really hope they announces 2nd season in next episode, maybe Takamina's graduation might serve both as a link and the lead in?
Takamina's graduation will probably be the core of episode 13. I really don't think they're going to address anything plot-related now since they don't have any buildup. To begin with, the main reason for cutting the concert short was probably that they already had a second season confirmed. Otherwise they would have kept going with the concert to end in the highest possible note.

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime