AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Hope Episode Rating
Perfect 10 8 40.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 15.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 10.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 5.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 15.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 15.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-09-29, 12:31   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Danganronpa 3: Hope Episode Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Danganronpa 3: Hope Episode.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-29, 12:53   Link #2
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

YES!!! Nagito finally spoke with Naegi lol!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-29, 13:03   Link #3
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Color me not surprised by this episode execution considering DR1 anime and the usual pattern with Kodaka's team: once the cat is out of the bag, they use the remaining time as the final showdown and/or carthasis. The moment they declared Tengan as the mastermind with just 1 episode being hope (thus a conclusion), it was to be expected that there wouldn't be any plot twist regarding the killing game and whatnot. So there we have it: Tengan gambled on a stupid plan that is worse than what Kyousuke had in mind, Ryouta showed up at the leader meeting for once (hence the surprise), and shit went with just Monaca as the wild card there.

In any case, I'm really disappointed how it went in the very end. I did expect Class 77 members to show up, but not all of them. It just felt incredibly easy overall, especially they could simply have the only 5 survivors with some hints that the other 11 are going to wake up or something.
Makoto's involvement just went even further in the gutter without actually any interaction with Hajime except the very end. In fact, Makoto's actions would have absolutely no effect if the killing game went as Tengan devised.
Old 2016-09-29, 13:13   Link #4
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
In any case, I'm really disappointed how it went in the very end. I did expect Class 77 members to show up, but not all of them. It just felt incredibly easy overall, especially they could simply have the only 5 survivors with some hints that the other 11 are going to wake up or something.
I fell into despair when I saw Komaeda. Is nothing sacred?!?! What's next, 'clarifying' the ending to something like Cowboy Bebop?

Aside from the fanservice I think it generally went how it had to, but I'll have more to say when subs are out.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-29, 13:22   Link #5
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Color me not surprised by this episode execution considering DR1 anime and the usual pattern with Kodaka's team: once the cat is out of the bag, they use the remaining time as the final showdown and/or carthasis. The moment they declared Tengan as the mastermind with just 1 episode being hope (thus a conclusion), it was to be expected that there wouldn't be any plot twist regarding the killing game and whatnot. So there we have it: Tengan gambled on a stupid plan that is worse than what Kyousuke had in mind, Ryouta showed up at the leader meeting for once (hence the surprise), and shit went with just Monaca as the wild card there.

Makoto's involvement just went even further in the gutter without actually any interaction with Hajime except the very end. In fact, Makoto's actions would have absolutely no effect if the killing game went as Tengan devised.
Nagito combined with Hinata's Ultimate Bullsh*t skills to cause them to revive from comatose. But yea, what was MAKOTO's role in this future arc, I felt like he was a mere spectator for the whole thing.

Old 2016-09-29, 13:59   Link #6
Homura7

Duuuuude. I know I said Nagito and Mikan, but I sure was never expecting the entire Class-77.

And Kirigiri ended up being alive as I thought. The twist: It was an Antagonist she took. A drug that nullifies the action of another substance. Hahahaha, wow, they got me with that one.

In the end, DR is just impossible to predict.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-29, 14:06   Link #7
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
Duuuuude. I know I said Nagito and Mikan, but I sure was never expecting the entire Class-77.

And Kirigiri ended up being alive as I thought. The twist: It was an Antagonist she took. A drug that nullifies the action of another substance. Hahahaha, wow, they got me with that one.

In the end, DR is just impossible to predict.
IMpossible to predict,or because the writing is so bad that it throws up deus ex machinas like Nagito's Ultimate Luck?

I could have written the last ep much better than this junk.

Old 2016-09-29, 14:09   Link #8
Homura7

You have to admit it was kinda hilarious, how Nagito kicked a rock and it caused an entire avalanche.

Guess in the end Chisa really commited suicide with the only purpose of driving Munakata crazy. The Remnants of Despair sure like this stuff. However, the mastermind was her in the end, because had she not given Tengan the USB containing the videos, this shit would have never happened.

You can say she was the woman behind the man.
Old 2016-09-29, 14:17   Link #9
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
But yea, what was MAKOTO's role in this future arc, I felt like he was a mere spectator for the whole thing.
Hope blooms.
Old 2016-09-29, 14:27   Link #10
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Hope blooms.
More like WITHER, he DIDN'T do anything.

Old 2016-09-29, 14:31   Link #11
Homura7

Quote:
If not for him, Munakata would have kept falling into Despair as Chisa had planned. He was also severely handicaped by his NG and had to constantly rely on allies to get him out of any trouble. It wasn't his fault. And more than one time he went head on despite being warned by others.

Guess Tengan really did watch the Despair video. Godammnit Chisa, you caused this mess just by killing yourself.
Old 2016-09-29, 14:36   Link #12
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Junko sent the world towards despair and kicked back in the old schoolhouse shelter to plan another mutual killing.
Yukizome derailed the FF and planted the seeds for Tengan to host a mutual killing and try to brainwash the world and died first.

Why should hope have to micromanage?
Old 2016-09-29, 14:39   Link #13
Homura7

People seem to forget Ultimate Hope is just a title, not a talent.

Quote:
Yukizome derailed the FF and planted the seeds for Tengan to host a mutual killing and try to brainwash the world and died first.?
Oh? So you finally acknowledge she started it all despite dying at the beggining.

You could say she was Junko's true succesor.
Old 2016-09-29, 14:40   Link #14
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Guess Tengan really did watch the Despair video.
He clearly didn't. As Kyousuke stated, it wouldn't make sense for a remnant of Despair to literally erase any possible despair with the hope video.
Also, he was thoroughly portrayed as someone closer to Makoto in term of hope perspective, except his method just went to the shitter for no reason.

DR might be whacky at times, but that's about it. Absolutely nothing goes against Makoto's reasoning regarding Tengan's objective, and this is quite obvious considering his confrontation with Kyousuke.
Old 2016-09-29, 14:42   Link #15
blitz1/2

Quote:
If not for him, Munakata would have kept falling into Despair as Chisa had planned. He was also severely handicaped by his NG and had to constantly rely on allies to get him out of any trouble.

Guess Tengan really did watch the Despair video.
1. Which MIGHT have been for the better (at least for making Tengan's plan making sense.
2. EXACTLY, it's because he didn't do much that he are even questioning his significance in this series.
3. Why then would have have Naegi chase after Ryota ONLY to leave him there? WHat will happen if Izuru fails to convince him?

If I WERE to write this episode.

1. First of all, remove EVERYBODY from 77th class EXCEPT for Izuru and MAYBE nagito.
2. Have Naegi approach Ryota from behind, so that Izuru on one side and Naegi on the other side.
3. Have some debating.
4. Ryota would yell out, "I AM NOT like the Ultimate Hope like you are!" (at least this will tie in both different types of hopes) and "I may have talent, but I am WEAK! I can't do anything."
5. Have both Naegi and Hinata yell out, "Sore wa chigau yo/zo!" (not only this would be significant as this is the most used rebuttal in the DR games, but to bring it back for this moment.
6. Have New world order playing in the background.
7. Izuru and Naegi successfully convincing Ryota, each holding out one hand,
a. "I believe in our future."
b. "I believe in our hope."
8. And then Izuru brings Ryota to Jabberwock island and then says "thanks" to Makoto. If Nagito is brought back, then have him ask himself, "So, is this our ultimate path to hope?"
9. Have Kirigiri STAY dead, have an epilogue, where Naegi visits a cemetery for the 78th class and have him vow that he will carry on everybody's hope with him from now on.

Old 2016-09-29, 14:44   Link #16
Homura7

Quote:
9. Have Kirigiri STAY dead, have an epilogue, where Naegi visits a cemetery for the 78th class and have him vow that he will carry on everybody's hope with him from now on.
Sure dude. The moment that bottle rolled in the frame anyone should have seen that coming.
Old 2016-09-29, 14:47   Link #17
blitz1/2

Quote:
Sure dude. The moment that bottle rolled in the frame anyone should have seen that coming.
Doesnt' matter. At least this means the author isn't afraid to make sacrifices, we could also have that the medicine didn't mean to heal the person. But to make it painless. But then if we have that angle, and as I said the 77th class, there would be no reference to the medicine bottle by Mikan/Nagito. And if that were the case, why not have the farmer revive himself?

Old 2016-09-29, 14:51   Link #18
Homura7

Quote:
And if that were the case, why not have the farmer revive himself?
Because Seiko was too late. Kirigiri took the medicine before she went to sleep. Or maybe the pain woke her up, she took the cure and fell comatose. And this is how they found her with her body in a different position.
Old 2016-09-29, 15:40   Link #19
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Oh? So you finally acknowledge she started it all despite dying at the beggining.

You could say she was Junko's true succesor.
Ok so first off please stop trying to make this Chisa successor thing happen. Monaca was the successor, and she's busy being a NEET in space. Secondly this is what I said in the other thread a few days ago:

Quote:
So... I don't really get the butthurt over Chisa; even if the killing game wasn't her that was an amazing long con. Credit where its due.
Why the hell is forcing some way to give her credit for the mutual killing such a big deal when for years Chisa had FF on a fool's errand to 'rid the world of despair'? That was Munakata's despair, that was why FF basically imploded, and I really don't get people tunneling on only the game.
Old 2016-09-29, 15:47   Link #20
Homura7

I was grinning like a damn idiot when Nagito was fangirling all over Naegi and wouldn't let him go. Luck meets luck, and this is the result.

Quote:
Why the hell is forcing some way to give her credit for the mutual killing such a big deal when for years Chisa had FF on a fool's errand to 'rid the world of despair'? That was Munakata's despair, that was why FF basically imploded, and I really don't get people tunneling on only the game.
So true. And she would have succeeded in driving Munakata past de despair horizon had not been for Naegi's brave stand.

She set everything in place: killed herself, kept the incriminating pictures, and had the first stage of her plan failed, she would have likely killed Munakata herself, then die together with him due to her NG. Kinda like Romeo & Juliet.