AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-05, 11:14   Link #3581
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Nah, Kadath is not the Lovecraftian horror world. It was just a planet in a neighboring dimension. The people of Kadath themselves also had very little knowledge on the Lovecraftian horrors.

It is the people of our Earth that were actively involved with affairs related to the Lovecraftian horrors in the first place and brought the advanced technology into Kadath.
Ooh I see...so it's fair to say Earth is actually far more deeply involved than Kadath in dark secrets?

Yet isn't Kadath thrall to Tick Tack Man? How he got there?
Old 2012-06-05, 21:36   Link #3582
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Yes, the people from our Earth that actually knows about all the dark secrets.
More specifically, the psychos from the West India Company, who are conducting experiments to Lovecraftianly horrifies the world. 50% of the problem in the series can be blame on them, while Tick Tack Man and his American followers are responsible for the other 50%

But the Lovecraftian horrors themselves are everywhere though. Well, there are more of them in Kadath actually.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 11:12   Link #3583
hyl
reading #hikaributts

My copy of the Hatsuyuki Sakura manga finally arrived this morning.

The manga is surprisingly faithfull to the game.

But besides that first encounter scene from the prologue, the manga follows almost exclusively follows "graduation" route ( which is the true route of the game.)
So it skips almost everything of the prologue.

The art of the manga looked nice and it tried to be faithfully to the game with scenes like this.

My major complaint is that the manga skips the character development for every character besides Hatsuyuki and Sakura (Aya, Nozomu, Yoru and Shirokuma have don't have many scenes, the Shirosaki Yankees don't appear at all and even Sakuya has a suprisingly small role in this manga) but i think it was done on purpose due to the time and space constraints.
Spoiler for spoilers for the end of the first volume:

Last edited by hyl; 2012-06-06 at 11:26.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 14:58   Link #3584
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
It's currently my second route as well . Her route feels somewhat "strange" due to how the romance in the early part plays out or at least the romance leaves a bit of a "What ... !?"-impression (neither good nor bad, though). The confession or the resemblance of it was quite hilarious where even the cast thought "WTF JUST HAPPENED?"
Personally I'm looking forward to Mikurin's route because I like the shy-type characters as well (e. g. Tokiha from Diamic Days <3).
Yes, certainly not your regular confession yet, is exactly what one would expect from Chiyoko Heck, even their first time was like that Kuddos at Minto for bringing the sekihan and doS Santa Mai
Old 2012-06-06, 16:12   Link #3585
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishida View Post
Yes, certainly not your regular confession yet, is exactly what one would expect from Chiyoko Heck, even their first time was like that Kuddos at Minto for bringing the sekihan and doS Santa Mai
Spoiler for to be safe:
I hope that Momo, Minto and Mikurin will have a more normal confession, i. e. at least not totally out-of-blue
On Choko's route: Almost no drama was a big plus for me (not counting the search for Yuu as drama). Due to her baka-character her story seemed also a bit "chaotic" structure-wise, but still fine itself. Seemed more about the general christmas party organisation with a few weekly time skips than some kind of personal hardhship/drama (as with Mai). The whole christmas orga. was rather smooth sailing once the "theory" was decided and sketched out.

@Hatsuyuki: The drama-damaged fanboy in me wants a manga/fandisc/patch with an actual happy-couple ending . Yeah, i know saga-planet loves their melodramatic ending with a sound explanation for everything.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 20:15   Link #3586
cranston

Has anyone got any opinions on Walkure Romanz? I'm attracted by the CGs but know nothing of it other than the product description on vndb.
cranston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 21:07   Link #3587
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranston View Post
Has anyone got any opinions on Walkure Romanz? I'm attracted by the CGs but know nothing of it other than the product description on vndb.
We talked about it a little bit previously in this thread. I think the game is certainly pretty looking; the production values overall are quite good. In general terms, I liked the story well enough, but there was one character in one of the routes who was endlessly annoying. The central theme is about jousting (as sports entertainment), which is rather unusual... but it's really like any other sort of tournament (so if you think of other tournament-style anime/manga you've seen/read, that's the tone of the story). There's a fair bit of H content, and it's maybe a little more intense than some games.

I think the best thing to do is to download the trial and see if you like the setting, though I suppose some of the issues in the game may not be fully apparent until you get into the routes themselves. I guess if you asked me to give it a rank in numbers (which I generally dislike to do because it's entirely personal opinion), I'd probably put it somewhere in the 75-80 range (which to me is generally worth the purchase). People who are more adamant about plot over characters or romance may like it less.
Old 2012-06-08, 00:46   Link #3588
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Quote:
Spoiler for to be safe:
I hope that Momo, Minto and Mikurin will have a more normal confession, i. e. at least not totally out-of-blue
On Choko's route: Almost no drama was a big plus for me (not counting the search for Yuu as drama). Due to her baka-character her story seemed also a bit "chaotic" structure-wise, but still fine itself. Seemed more about the general christmas party organisation with a few weekly time skips than some kind of personal hardhship/drama (as with Mai). The whole christmas orga. was rather smooth sailing once the "theory" was decided and sketched out.

@Hatsuyuki: The drama-damaged fanboy in me wants a manga/fandisc/patch with an actual happy-couple ending . Yeah, i know saga-planet loves their melodramatic ending with a sound explanation for everything.
Well, I thought Momo's confession scene was pretty good. Still, Chiyoko's had the most impact, hahaha. As for Mai's, as you said, it just came too suddenly. At least Chiyoko had a proper build up leading to it...

Chiyoko's route was quite fun till the end. It's only minus was the lack of a proper plot since nothing really happens. However, if it was going to be anything like the one present in Mai's route I'm glad the was no drama.

Besides the way-too-forced drama, Mai's route was very lovely. These two are probably the best pairing in the game. Mai is the perfect osananajimi. A bit disappointed her route didn't show her slightly ijiwaru & doS side if only for lulz sake.
Old 2012-06-11, 05:42   Link #3589
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Recently played "'&' - sora no mukou de sakimasu you ni" up until Urara's end.

Spoiler for just in case:
Old 2012-06-11, 14:28   Link #3590
Yye1
Wide Right

Hi, im just wondering, is there a walkthrough for DC plus communication somewhere? English or Chinese is fine

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 16:45   Link #3591
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
Hi, im just wondering, is there a walkthrough for DC plus communication somewhere? English or Chinese is fine
Do you mean from the first game or the 2nd game? Because both games have confusingly a "プラスコミュニケーション" edition.

I have found walkthroughs for both games but it's in japanese though. You can however easily run these pages through something like babelfish or google translate if you can't read it

D.C. plus communication http://seiya-saiga.com/game/circus/d.c.p.c._.htm
D.C. 2 plus communication http://seiya-saiga.com/game/circus/d.c.2p.c.html
Old 2012-06-11, 17:51   Link #3592
thewingedone

Hi there, I recently bought Kotori Lox Exp and noticed it came with Da Capo Plus Communication, is it the full game
Old 2012-06-11, 18:01   Link #3593
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewingedone View Post
Hi there, I recently bought Kotori Lox Exp and noticed it came with Da Capo Plus Communication, is it the full game
No, it's only Kotori's route from D.C.P.C. All the other spin-off games mentioned are also only Kotori's routes from said games.
Old 2012-06-13, 07:05   Link #3594
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Phew, done with Momo's route in Sakura no Reply after I was distracted with a few iphone games .
I was very, very pleanantly surprised with her route. The scenes where Ichigo made her blush pre-couple time were lovely and the confession itself was well done. I liked Mikurin's role in it when she told Ichigo to become Momo's "support pillar".

Spoiler for drama part:

Overall, a strong route in my opinion and their couple "compatibility" was maybe as awesome as with Mai, even though I might still secrectly prefer Ichigo x Mai sans the over-the-top drama

Still torn which of the remaining routes to play next.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 17:03   Link #3595
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Quote:

Still torn which of the remaining routes to play next.
I would suggest to go for Mikuri's route first. Currently on Minto and is filled with a lot more drama that I had expected. Not bad but, is lacking on the romantic side that enjoyed so much in the other routes.

EDIT-

Today finished Sakura no Reply. Overall it was an enjoyable charage with an endearing cast of characters with a slice of life like plot focused mostly on comedy and romance with friendship and love themes. Drama was scarce but in some cases it felt too forced (Mai's route) and somewhat meaningless once it's over (Minto's route).

Spoiler for Final Thoughts:

Last edited by johnishida; 2012-06-13 at 22:41.
johnishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 04:54   Link #3596
cronnoponno

So I just finished Tzusumi's route in Period from Littlewitch, I get that they're trying not to focus to hard on the details about her, but the way it ended really didn't explain anything, anything whatsoever. Is there some type of secret continuation of the route, does more information reveal itself in other routes? I'm just a little confused here, I mean, am I supposed to care about the drama about her having to leave when it's not even explained and is of no real consequence when she can just come back?(Albeit as a little girl).

Will this be explained in some way as I continue other routes, or am I basically just given a ''deal with it that's not the point'' here? Same with the dreams the MC seems to be facing in the beginning of the game, that don't seem to present themselves for the rest of the route.

I can generally accept if this is what their intention is, I just want confirmation of it. I want to know if I should expect to have this explained one way or another, or if I should just ignore it.

Last edited by cronnoponno; 2012-06-14 at 05:14.
cronnoponno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 07:34   Link #3597
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I have just watched/listened to Pallete's 2nd nico stream

Nothing really news (same thing what was said can also be read in the comptiq and dengeki hime articles) about Sakusaku (besides from Tina and Konami sketches).

If i am not mistaken (i will listen to the broadcast again after it's available on time shift) there will be a Mashiro iro symphony visual fan book going to be released some time in the future.

edit: because there is no point in stretching the whole page because those stupid images are pretty large and are not that good quality (i blame nico nico douga) and because i have no idea how thumbnailing works on this forum, i decided to post the links of the screenshots that i made from the stream instead.
Most of them are not that new though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/hyl/tina-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/hyl/konami-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/hyl/Mio-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/hyl/Yuri-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/hyl/an-1.jpg

another edit: the visual fanbook (and some other merchandise) is going to be released in the next comiket in the summer according to the stream.

Also there are no plans for a mashifoni fandisc at this moment, because they are focusing on sakusaku

Last edited by hyl; 2012-06-14 at 08:19.
Old 2012-06-14, 08:06   Link #3598
farios

I lol'd at Konami name
Old 2012-06-18, 14:56   Link #3599
hyl
reading #hikaributts

a teaser image of Minori's latest game called 夏空のペルセウス

Found on their site.

http://www.minori.ph/lineup/perseus/index.html
(you probably need a japanese proxy to view this page, because Minori apparently blocks foreign ip's)

More info will be published in 2 magazines: techgain and push (which unfortunately isn't available in the usual webshops that i buy my magazines from)
Old 2012-06-18, 15:35   Link #3600
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

After I aaccidentally crashed my computer a few days ago, I decided to delay my Sakura no Reply playthrough a bit because I don't feel like skipping through it again right now.
I'm going to look a bit into Shiawase Kazoku-bu. I don't expect too much from the synopsis, but I generally like(d) purplesoftware's games despite the - for me - few ugly flaws in Mirai Nostalgia >_>. As long as the drama isn't totally cry-worthy, I'll be fine anyways (unless it becomes boring )

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel