AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-13, 08:32   Link #3681
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

PS Vita - Monster Monpiece - After not playing the game for several weeks, I got back to playing it again and I admit, Chapter 5 is where the difficulty spikes. The earlier chapters are too easy in some instances, but I think I need to get new cards or something...
Old 2013-05-13, 12:40   Link #3682
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

currently playing:

ps3: Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge
comments: i finally had the chance to beat this game yesterday on normal. ever
since that infamous freeze on Day 8 car chase, i didnt bother with this game for
awhile. played it yesterday and the game didnt freeze on me. beat the last boss
and i'm doing some ninja trials as Momiji. i'm going to test out Kasumi as well, but
Momiji comes first since i like playing as her.

PC: Tera Rising
comments: still playing this game dailies with my little brother. i gotten my archer to 60
and starting on my sorcerer (lv.42), berserker (lv.42), & lancer (lv.18). i'm duoing
my sorcerer with my little bro. warrior...killing stuffs left and right. :P
i solo on my berserker since she's so powerful and can block and kill mobs on her own.
i've already put in like 300+ hrs. in this game and still havent even spend a single $
on this game. the best action MMO i have played ever since PSOBB. i like playing this
game with my little bro. when i play alone though, it's get rather boring and i kind
of dont know what to do solo.

i mostly farm LoT with my little bro. all the way to the end boss in that dungeon. skipping
a bunch of mobs and killing all the bosses. we get a tons of masterwork alkahests
and MES to sell on the trade broker. i'm working on getting lots of gold to get my
regent weapon. i'll probably save it for the berserker when she hits 60. i'll duo
with my little bro. sorcerer or warrior once we hit the 60 again. i really liking this game.
it's fun when playing with others and it's FREE.
Old 2013-05-13, 17:59   Link #3683
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Best... ?

Just wait until you start having to masterwork stuff. After your five hundredth wasted master enigmatic scroll you'll start questioning your sanity.

I'll give you the combat system is fantastic, because it is. Someone ought to transplant TERA's combat, graphics and aesthetics into a straight up multiplayer third-person battle game. I'd play that shit all day long.
Old 2013-05-13, 19:03   Link #3684
jedinat

Finally got around to playing Sleeping Dogs (PC). It's a good game so far. I avoided it because of certain comments in reviews ("horrible characters"--Not really?) and a so-so metacritic score... Now I see I shouldn't have.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 19:51   Link #3685
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Out of boredom with what I have at the moment, I reinstalled Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and am just playing missions here and there... Despite the fact that the campaign was too short, CoD4 had one of the best campaigns of the last 10+ years. Really good, (somewhat) believable story. The only CoD campaigns since then have been pretty bad...

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 09:45   Link #3686
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Finally got around to playing Sleeping Dogs (PC). It's a good game so far. I avoided it because of certain comments in reviews ("horrible characters"--Not really?) and a so-so metacritic score... Now I see I shouldn't have.
Sleeping Dogs is a great game, probably the best GTA clone I've played. I would even risk saying that it's better than GTA itself. Sure, the story isn't up to the level of Vice City but it's still better than most and the hand-to-hand combat feels taken straight from the Batman Arkham Asylum/City games (and that's a very good thing (tm) ).
Old 2013-05-18, 18:47   Link #3687
T-6000

You know, ever since I got the gaming PC upgraded I've been mostly playing the Crysis series. Well, 2 and 3 specifically. But I've noticed that when I play Crysis 2 the enemy will at times get stuck in some nitches and walls. Hell, in some levels half of them will get stuck. Back when I played Crysis 2 at 2011 I never came across any of the Ceph that got stuck (at least not easily). I wonder if this is a problem that occurred with the latest patch?
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 16:23   Link #3688
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Aside from DotA 2, I've been madly addicted to Don't Starve. It's freaking hard, but it's fun haha, a bit creepy at times and gloomy. Totally worth my $15 bucks from steam.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 04:46   Link #3689
mfh
Ksatria Muda

Decided to reinstall Bionic commando Rearmed.
Good enough 2.5d platformer and small-ish size.
Oh, and you get to blow up Hitler's head with a rocket launcher.
mfh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 22:02   Link #3690
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon [PC]
Tried the PS3 version and quite pleased with the game. The PC version is surprisingly not that heavy to play on my laptop only have a little framerate drop.
Old 2013-05-22, 15:40   Link #3691
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Been playing a little bit of Archeblade here and there online. Free to play multiplayer fighting game that's not too bad considering it was probably made on a shoestring budget. Lots of fun. Wish it had better gamepad support.

On the emulation front, I've decided to go through Eye of the Beholder and Eye of the Beholder II on FS-UAE. The Amiga version absolutely had the best graphics and sound, and it's such a nostalgia trip every time I hear the emulator make floppy disc sounds.

I'm also playing Final Fantasy VI a bit on my phone, using SNESoid to emulate. Works great and plays fantastic, even though the touch controls are a bit terrible.

<3 retro gaming.
Old 2013-05-22, 22:02   Link #3692
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Having a blast with Injustice and Gundam extreme vs. Gundam is still a fun game to play. Been playing since it was released. Too bad not more people in the US play it online. We have a small but stable online community that plays it daily. If anyone loves Gundam be sure to check out Gundam extreme vs.
Old 2013-05-31, 23:18   Link #3693
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
PS3: FINALLY finished Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty HD 100% all the trophies... and I now have a new found respect for those who speed-run Extreme Mode. I figured it was easy-peasy before... bu that 25 Instant Kill RAY fight at the end.... jesus... took awhile. Anyway... had to pick between Devil May Cry HD Collection, or Shadow of Colossus/Ico HD Collection.... since I've beaten Shadow of Colossus many times now... figure I'd finish off DMC2/DMC3.... and might 100% DMC1's trophy list... look easy enough~

3DS: Back to Fire Emblem: Awakening... though, not for the average reason. The last anime convention I went to, I took the 3DS for Street Pass.... and it filled my FE Street Pass, all 50 slots.... soooo.... spending alot of time fighting all these random avatars on my map~
Old 2013-06-03, 00:11   Link #3694
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Best... ?

Just wait until you start having to masterwork stuff. After your five hundredth wasted master enigmatic scroll you'll start questioning your sanity.

I'll give you the combat system is fantastic, because it is. Someone ought to transplant TERA's combat, graphics and aesthetics into a straight up multiplayer third-person battle game. I'd play that shit all day long.
lol....yeah, after playing this game for about a month, it was really FUN.
i'm beginning to masterworking my weapon, armor and glove at the moment.
and it starting to PISSSSS me the hell off!

I can see why a lot of people complaining about the RNG stuffs in this game now....LOL.
it's starting to drive me nuts now after failing to masterwork my armor for the 40th
times. all those wasted MES I should have just sold them on broker for gold. ehhhh....I
think i'm going to cry a mountain now. later.

I don't know why i'm still playing this game. I must be a masochist or something. :P

oh, right. i'm still playing this game. I think I spent about 300+ hrs. in this game already.
not bad, not bad at all for a free game. i'll probably invest a lot more time in this game
until more better games come out later.
Old 2013-06-03, 00:14   Link #3695
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

I just don't think MMOs and I agree anymore. I loathe wasting time; MMOs exist to waste your time.

Give me a grindless, level-less, progression-less MMO please. Just let me go do what I want--fight monsters, fight my friends, dress my loli foxgirl up in pretty clothes, but don't make me mindlessly do busywork.
Old 2013-06-03, 01:17   Link #3696
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Right now i am play Assasin's Creed: Brotherhood, the game is totally awesome, the graphics are out of this world and the gameplay is just great, enjoying a lot
Old 2013-06-03, 18:32   Link #3697
Who

3DS: Finally got to G-Rank quests in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. Still kinda miffed that there's no online play except local on the 3DS version.

The only other games I have time for is a quick game of Starcraft here and there, and when I'm at work, I sneak in Candy Crush here and there.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 19:27   Link #3698
T-6000

With the recent patch that fixed the AI in Red Orchestra 2, I decided to give the single player aspect of the game another try. The AI has definitely improved and the AI can even get objectives done by themselves (well, usually). But the AI still needs some more work, since the wonky AI makes the single player more frustrating than fun.

Playing a bit of Red Orchestra 2 did give me the urge to play COD World at War once again, so I might go through that game once again.
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 06:23   Link #3699
Eragon
Still Alive

After 5-6 playthrough of Mass Effect 2 & 3 I have finally picked up another game.

Batman Arkham City - So far, its been pretty good.
Old 2013-06-05, 01:37   Link #3700
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Rising Storm, so freaking fun! I never played RO2 until I picked up Rising Storm. I LOVE playing the flamethrower class. The game is a pretty tough FPS. You can't just run in the base and gun down everyone like in BF3 or like CS:S, you actually have to camp while doing objectives. Super fun. The flamethrower animations rule too haha. I just hope there are unlocks for the flamethrower...

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote