AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2008-01-04, 19:45   Link #181
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Spoiler please!!!

Um, basically, I've already spoiled the ending for myself, as is my usual habit. I read a synopsis of the Clannad game but couldn't quite understand the ending.

Overarching Question:
Can someone please clarify the ending to Nagisa's story? Thanks!

More specific questions:

Spoiler for Clannad game:

Last edited by Yukinokesshou; 2008-01-05 at 05:17.
Yukinokesshou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 04:49   Link #182
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukinokesshou View Post
Um, basically, I've already spoiled the ending for myself, as is my usual habit. I read a synopsis of the Clannad game but couldn't quite understand the ending.

Overarching Question:
Can someone please clarify the ending to Nagisa's story? Thanks!

More specific questions:

Spoiler for Clannad game:

Ouch! No! Take this down! Take the spoiler contents away! You don't want innocent people opening the tag and spoiling themselves for their entire series! Take it down and I'll mail the answer to you!
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 20:29   Link #183
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Thanks for the concern On the same note i would like to remind though that this is the game discussion thread, so spoilers are allowed here. Anyone venturing inside the game discussion thread should realize what to expect.
Old 2008-01-05, 20:45   Link #184
ZhangKhaiEn
張凱恩

What should have been done was label the spoiler tag as "EXTREMELY HEAVY SPOILERS - only open this if you've finished the game"

Yes?
ZhangKhaiEn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 03:57   Link #185
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Spoiler tags can be exercised as a matter of courtesy, but seeing this is the game thread they are not necessarily required.
Old 2008-01-07, 00:58   Link #186
Marina2

Questions about Light Orbs (Spoiler tag may not necessarily here, but just for safe)

Spoiler for light orbs:

Question about Nagisa route

Spoiler for Nagisa route:
Edit : Add more question

Last edited by Marina2; 2008-01-07 at 04:26.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 06:41   Link #187
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Questions about Light Orbs (Spoiler tag may not necessarily here, but just for safe)

Spoiler for light orbs:
Spoiler for Light Orbs answers:

Quote:
Question about Nagisa route

Spoiler for Nagisa route:
Edit : Add more question
Spoiler for Nagisa's route:

Well then... I'm almost done with After Story, and seriously... There is no damn way for KyoAni to skip that, considering how marverlous this part of the game is.
That said, here is my "little" appreciation of the game thus far
Spoiler for School Life opinion:

and now, some first impressions of After Story
Spoiler for After Story:

Will gladely continue AS and completing my thoughts.
So far, CLANNAD is ranked among my second most favourite VN and storyline so far. The feelings, the characters... well, everything go so right that I wonder why I didn't get this game before, even without the unofficial translation patches (since AS isn't that difficult to understand, I guess the school life wouldn't either).

Last edited by Klashikari; 2008-01-07 at 07:50.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 07:29   Link #188
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Spoiler for Light Orbs answers:

Spoiler for Nagisa's route:

Spoiler for About Nagisa's route:
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 07:43   Link #189
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Spoiler for About Nagisa's route:
Spoiler for Nagisa's route and Light Orbs:
Old 2008-01-07, 11:35   Link #190
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Spoiler tags can be exercised as a matter of courtesy, but seeing this is the game thread they are not necessarily required.
Not necessarily in normal situations, but not for CLANNAD--especially for the After Story part. It is the critical part of CLANNAD, not the main part, but a critical. If you have played Every17, I would compare AS with CoCo route.

I'm trying to establish a strong discussion thread where people who have played the game can express their feeling/opinions. A place where people talk, not ask.

Quoting from my favorite anime, Zegapain---"Happiness includes pain." After Story is indeed a happy ending, but without the pain in the first half, there would not be a significance in the happiness ending. Just like Kyou route in school life arc--if Kyou just come up and confess to Tomoya, I will ditch it.

So what's up with all these pain and happiness talk? My point here is, to know and to feel is a completely different thing. You know after you feel, but you don't feel after you know. To feel the power of After Story, you need must not know it beforehand and actually experience it. Therefore, I'm doing my best to prevent people from knowing before feeling. It is a selfish act, I know, but I believe I have not made a mistake.

And for those who don't mind, or want to be spoiled, private message me--I will answer all questions thrown at me within my knowledge. But at the same time, I fell sad. Not for the person, but for the fact that one less person in the world, that can experience After Story once again.

I love KEY, I love CLANNAD, more than anyone else. The magic that flows in every tune of each character's dialog never fails to touch my heart. My hobby is to collect people's life, be it virtual or real, and I have never seen a tale that is so full of life in a story that lasts such a short period. I love it, CLANNAD. I just do.

Reminds me of people screaming out loud with a megaphone when the final volume of Harry Potter is out, saying "******** dies". It might be much easier if I say 'I just don't want something similar to happen again'--but that's not what's on my mind when I tried to prevent people being spoiled.
Old 2008-01-07, 12:38   Link #191
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
Reminds me of people screaming out loud with a megaphone when the final volume of Harry Potter is out, saying "******** dies". It might be much easier if I say 'I just don't want something similar to happen again'--but that's not what's on my mind when I tried to prevent people being spoiled.
Hahaha... the ending of Harry Potter...

I will forever remember the Taiwanese ETTV News the night book 7 was released. It basically read like a list of births, deaths, and marriages. AND there were graphics to accompany the announcements (like Ginny and Harry in a big pink heart and wedding decorations; Voldemort with a tombstone, etc.)

All for millions of Chinese children to watch across Taiwan and pockets of Hong Kong, China, and even the US. So much for hiding spoilers
Yukinokesshou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 19:02   Link #192
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

All right, back on the game discussion please.

For getting the other characters to attend Nagisa's ceremony, you can look up Nagisa in the walkthrough. Following it will lead you to be able to get everyone in the After Story. Note that whatever happens in After Story is affacted by your last -complete- of Nagisa's ending. You'll need to reach the end and hear the song.

Ya the walkthrough is not yet finished--I'll do so after the 18th when I complete all my exams.
Old 2008-01-08, 11:20   Link #193
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

It took me a month to clear Kanon.

A month and a half to clear AIR.

Four months to clear Clannad.

(Total time spent added together that is, does not include real life commitments like eat, sleep, work, hanging out with friends, taking a poo, posting on ASuki, etc. )

A sense of relief and awe at finally clearing the game 100%. All I can say is, Clannad does not truly begin until After Story. And After Story does not truly begin until you're midway through.

The funniest parts are found in After Story ("Akki" = FTW), the most tear-jerking parts are found in After Story.

I think my eyes were even more wet in the Ushio/Naoyuki thread than when Misuzu finally achieved her happiness at last in AIR.

Kanon's theme is "Miracle".

AIR's theme is "Motherly Love".

Clannad's theme is, as it's Irish-inspired name suggest, "Family".

Spoiler for Family themes for every character:

Here's the list of characters who provide light orbs

Spoiler for School Life Light orbs:

Spoiler for After Story Light Orbs:

Once you've cleared everything, there's extra Easter Eggs to be found in Tomoyo's route.

1. Tomoyo no longer kicks Sunohara multiple times, but gives him a big kick everytime, causing changes to his face. I won't spoil any further, you've got to see this for yourself.

2. If you attained the level of Fuuko Master, then Fuuko makes nonsensical intrusions at random intervals.

Other bonus story routes (no orbs) include:

- Sunohara "Lover" End - The most shocking ending

- Baseball Route - Surprisingly fun

- Yukine's "spells" involve different girls depending which girl you're friendly with

- "Jet" Saito - Too nonsensical for me to explain.

Might as well put in my advice on getting which characters you want for the graduation scene.
Spoiler for Characters in graduation scene in After Story:

Last edited by Kinny Riddle; 2008-01-08 at 11:57.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 11:58   Link #194
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Well, I"m "done" with CLANNAD (main plot, that is), and I will obviously keep my words on it: an awesome VN, to say the least.
here is the rest of my opinion on AS (though it is only after the special "reunion")
Spoiler for After Story:

My only complain for the game is the lack of "coverage" of the other characters during After Story. It was nice to see some of them, but alas... for a very short period of time, and for a little sample of the whole cast. Really, I thought they could try to pull a "everyone is there!" period... but well.

Seriously, anyone who can play the game should... and even if they don't have the game, it would be a terrible shame and waste to not buy it. A masterpiece, without a doubt. So many fun, tears, smiles and happy moments. I often cursed how the scripters toyed with my emotional weak spots, but meh... that was for the best i guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Once you've cleared everything, there's extra Easter Eggs to be found in Tomoyo's route.

1. Tomoyo no longer kicks Sunohara multiple times, but gives him a big kick everytime, causing changes to his face. I won't spoil any further, you've got to see this for yourself.
The first time I ever tried to get 64 hits after AS, I was like: What the hell happened to you, youhei !?
That's quite a... "strange" bonus XD
Quote:
2. If you attained the level of Fuuko Master, then Fuuko makes nonsensical intrusions at random intervals.
I always wondered why people said that Fuuko was doing her non sensical intrusion in tomoyo, after episode 12. Now i have the answer (and she sure appears during the worst moments )
Quote:
Other bonus story routes (no orbs) include:

- Baseball Route - Surprisingly fun
I was never able to get in it... can you (or anyone else? ^^") guide how do you get on the baseball route? ^^"

Quote:
- Yukine's "spells" involve different girls depending which girl you're friendly with
Where is the Sanae's version of this ? XD
Quote:
- "Jet" Saito - Too nonsensical for me to explain.
I don't have any clue what is this, huho.
Old 2008-01-08, 12:21   Link #195
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Spoiler for 2 other girls in AfterStory:

Spoiler for Questions on Ending:
Old 2008-01-08, 12:41   Link #196
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
W
I was never able to get in it... can you (or anyone else? ^^") guide how do you get on the baseball route? ^^"
If you understand enough Japanese

http://www15.plala.or.jp/scp/key/cla...kusayakyu.html

http://yuzz21.web.fc2.com/yakyukouryaku.html

Quote:
Where is the Sanae's version of this ? XD
I don't have any clue what is this, huho.
I regret to tell you that there is no Sanae version.

Spoiler for Yukine's spell variations:
Old 2008-01-08, 13:19   Link #197
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Spoiler for 2 other girls in AfterStory:
I have just done a quick playthrough, and the result is: no, Kyou and Ryou aren't default characters for this event.
Even if I had to select Kyou for the "challenge", She doesn't appear. I can't say if it is because I took down Ryou's flag though, but she is surely a skippable characters.
I just checked After Story: no, you don't get Kyou's scene if you don't have her flags during Nagisa's route. Instead, we got random "housewives" talk. Looks like they really made a lot of variations depending of the flags.

Same goes for Misae, she didn't appear in this empty AS.

Quote:
Spoiler for Questions on Ending:
Spoiler for CLANNAD epilogue:

Quote:
Thanks, I appreciate it a lot ^^
Quote:
I regret to tell you that there is no Sanae version.
Yes, I know, it was just a random wish... (meh, why did that other person got her screentime during this curse though? )

Spoiler for about this certain person:
Old 2008-01-08, 15:20   Link #198
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Spoiler for how Akio has a gun:

Spoiler for Illusionary world:

Last edited by iamandragon; 2008-01-08 at 15:30.
Old 2008-01-08, 15:33   Link #199
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
Spoiler for how this guy has a gun:
Spoiler for curse + laser tag:
Old 2008-01-09, 03:02   Link #200
iamandragon
Martian diplomat