Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-11-16, 12:44   Link #321
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
Seiji, how could you forget Sanji?! Who was invited because he was a great cook.
Rinji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 13:43   Link #322
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
I get your point, I suppose, but... Everyone who's joined thus far (Except Robin) seems to be exactly what the crew needs at that moment in time. Zoro was the friend Luffy needed to start the journey, Nami was a navigator and plot device, Usopp allowed them to get the going Merry, Sanji is the cook, They needed a doctor when Chopper came along, Franky came in ewhen they needed a new ship, and Brooke knew about where they were at the time.
Spoiler for Boa & Margaret:

Quote:
While Luffy may be indescriminate about adding Nakama, Oda seems to know to give only what the crew needs, exactly when they need it.
And I just had an idea: What if Robin only turns out to be a temporary crewmate? She joined them rather randomly, and serves very little purpose....
About Robin, come on you can't be even half serious. They freaking saved her at EL and you want Oda to throw away that process? Ao Kiji will surely like to see that so he could kill her once and for all... And I view her as an irreplaceable nakama myself, she's the one that will unveil the hidden history. So while she doesn't even add nothing position wise to the strawhats she could be viewed one of the most important characters plotwise.

Giving them what they need exactly when they need. Is a cook that necessary? Most people can cook a meal you know. Same can be said about Usopp, While he does add a lot to the series he could be written out like that, Brooke to. Even Zoro I guess, but since I myself believes every captain needs an awesome first mate Zoro is irreplaceable for me. They were all plot devices and add that extra what I love about OP, but all absolute necessary to the story. I have to disagree.

Spoiler for Boa & Margaret:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinji View Post
Seiji, how could you forget Sanji?! Who was invited because he was a great cook.
I didn't mention Nami & Franky either but that's cause Nami & Sanji & Franky were invited mostly cause they did fill in the requirement.
Old 2008-11-16, 18:39   Link #323
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
I get your point, I suppose, but... Everyone who's joined thus far (Except Robin) seems to be exactly what the crew needs at that moment in time. Zoro was the friend Luffy needed to start the journey, Nami was a navigator and plot device, Usopp allowed them to get the going Merry, Sanji is the cook, They needed a doctor when Chopper came along, Franky came in ewhen they needed a new ship, and Brooke knew about where they were at the time.
While Luffy may be indescriminate about adding Nakama, Oda seems to know to give only what the crew needs, exactly when they need it.
And I just had an idea: What if Robin only turns out to be a temporary crewmate? She joined them rather randomly, and serves very little purpose....
Well, Luffy is in need of a Haki mentor...
And don't count out Robin, she plays a very important part in the story as a whole as she is so far the only living person known to read Ponyglyphs. It's been mentioned several times that Gol D. Roger's crew and the True History have a lot to do with one another, so she'll prove necessary at some point, I guarantee it.
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 17:18   Link #324
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Well, I made mention of the idea of having a logia type user on the crew and I feel that the best bet would be a water-logia.

I know, most people feel that a water-fruit would kind of bypass the main devil fruit weakness, but that need notbe so. Look at anatomy; a massive percentage of the human body itself is made up of water. So, therefore, the water that this character would "morph" into would actually be his own.

Think of it like this, he turns him arm to liquid, an enemy manages to bottle said liquid, he no longer has an arm. All the water he can control comes from his own body to begin with. Perhaps some control over fresh water, but none what-so-ever over the sea, that is simply out of the question.

I thought of him a bit like Brook in the sense that if Brook drinks milk and can heal his bones, maybe this character could drink fresh water and regrow or possibly add more limbs/bulk to his body. The problem in that lies in what he get's caught in himself; just imagine solidifying your leg only to find a shard of metal suddenly lodged in you blood stream.
I'd imagine he'd be especially afraid of getting any sea water in him as the salt composition alone is hazardous to one's health. In fact, I'd imagine him to be so worrisome a character in concern to foreign bodies of water that he would actually bathe himself in... well, himself.

I could see a mind like that fit quite nicely among the eccentric Mugiwara.

As a final note, seeing as the water is an actual physical part of his body, I'd imagine being struck would actually physically hurt. It would be like BlackBeard's "Darkness" but in reverse: rather han absorb more of the attack this acts similar to kevlar, diverting some o the damage. Damage would still be taken of course but... well, you get my drift.

I'll try and think of a way to introduce him now that I've got his basics down.
Where to put a water-man with a survivalist's case of germophobia..?
Old 2008-11-18, 18:00   Link #325
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
Well, I made mention of the idea of having a logia type user on the crew and I feel that the best bet would be a water-logia.

I know, most people feel that a water-fruit would kind of bypass the main devil fruit weakness, but that need notbe so. Look at anatomy; a massive percentage of the human body itself is made up of water. So, therefore, the water that this character would "morph" into would actually be his own.

Think of it like this, he turns him arm to liquid, an enemy manages to bottle said liquid, he no longer has an arm. All the water he can control comes from his own body to begin with. Perhaps some control over fresh water, but none what-so-ever over the sea, that is simply out of the question.

I thought of him a bit like Brook in the sense that if Brook drinks milk and can heal his bones, maybe this character could drink fresh water and regrow or possibly add more limbs/bulk to his body. The problem in that lies in what he get's caught in himself; just imagine solidifying your leg only to find a shard of metal suddenly lodged in you blood stream.
I'd imagine he'd be especially afraid of getting any sea water in him as the salt composition alone is hazardous to one's health. In fact, I'd imagine him to be so worrisome a character in concern to foreign bodies of water that he would actually bathe himself in... well, himself.

I could see a mind like that fit quite nicely among the eccentric Mugiwara.

As a final note, seeing as the water is an actual physical part of his body, I'd imagine being struck would actually physically hurt. It would be like BlackBeard's "Darkness" but in reverse: rather han absorb more of the attack this acts similar to kevlar, diverting some o the damage. Damage would still be taken of course but... well, you get my drift.

I'll try and think of a way to introduce him now that I've got his basics down.
Where to put a water-man with a survivalist's case of germophobia..?
I could see this happening. Perhaps when they finally reach merman island? They meet a mer-person with this set of parameters?
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 18:03   Link #326
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
I could see this happening. Perhaps when they finally reach merman island? They meet a mer-person with this set of parameters?
A Mer-person who can't swim?
Yeah, he'd have to be a Strawhat.
Old 2008-11-18, 18:07   Link #327
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
A Mer-person who can't swim?
Yeah, he'd have to be a Strawhat.
Not to mention that itwould be a natural reaction for a mer-person who has eaten a devil fruit.
Old 2008-11-18, 18:48   Link #328
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

I like the idea

But don't you think this should have been posted in the Create your own Devil Fruit

Note:
Would the character be male or female
If it would be female, she would be a mermaid and she would need to have a way to turn her tail into legs using the water

Males are Fishmen like Arlong or Hatchi; Females are Mermaids like Caimie and Kokoro
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
yaluckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 19:00   Link #329
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaluckyboy View Post
I like the idea

But don't you think this should have been posted in the Create your own Devil Fruit

Note:
If it would be female, she would be a mermaid and she would need to have a way to turn her tail into legs using the water

Males are Fishmen like Arlong or Hatchi; Females are Mermaids like Caimie and Kokoro
To be honest, either would work for this.
I'd imagine the devil fruit would allow some level of bodily re-construction....
Old 2008-11-18, 19:47   Link #330
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

But the next crewmember should be Kuma.
Old 2008-11-18, 20:02   Link #331
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaluckyboy View Post
I like the idea

Note:

I would have liked to post it there but people tend to... ignore me n that section for some odd reason. Maybe becuse I try my hardest not to god-mod my ideas...
Besides, this is a character idea I had, not just his devil fruit.

You know, there are female mermen, not just mermaids. Hachi's one-time crush was a female octopus merman.
Old 2009-09-23, 08:36   Link #332
Vree

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but how about Silk?

It's clear from the polls that most fans would like to see another female crewmember, and both Luffy's grandpa and Captain Galley from Romance Dawn have been brought back. I'm thinking of the Silk from the 2008 RD movie edition, with maybe a few extra traits, bascially a female Luffy or something like that, to add some fuel to the OP shippers, and it would be a nice throwback to the East Blue times when most people and members were normal while most villains and joiners recently have been monsters. Since normal-looking guys like Sanji and Zoro are still leading the polls I think a normal-looking girl (with whatever abilities Oda chooses to give her) would be a welcome addition, what do you think?
Vree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 08:54   Link #333
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vree View Post
I don't know if this has been brought up before, but how about Silk?

It's clear from the polls that most fans would like to see another female crewmember, and both Luffy's grandpa and Captain Galley from Romance Dawn have been brought back. I'm thinking of the Silk from the 2008 RD movie edition, with maybe a few extra traits, bascially a female Luffy or something like that, to add some fuel to the OP shippers, and it would be a nice throwback to the East Blue times when most people and members were normal while most villains and joiners recently have been monsters. Since normal-looking guys like Sanji and Zoro are still leading the polls I think a normal-looking girl (with whatever abilities Oda chooses to give her) would be a welcome addition, what do you think?

Wasn't Silk previous version of Nami in Romance's Dawn v.1?
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 14:16   Link #334
Rainbowman

Quote:
But the next crewmember should be Kuma.
After what he did to the Strawhat crew? They may not be forgiving enough to do so.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 20:47   Link #335
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
After what he did to the Strawhat crew? They may not be forgiving enough to do so.
What did Haachi do to Nami and crew? I think Kuma saved them. You know what, that's what makes this crew good/great because they're open and willing. However, I want Hancock to be the final crew mate. That would just be awesome. If she goes back to the Island and watches Luffy leave, she'll have regrets or something and meet the same fate as the 2 previous empress.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 21:10   Link #336
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
What did Haachi do to Nami and crew? I think Kuma saved them. You know what, that's what makes this crew good/great because they're open and willing. However, I want Hancock to be the final crew mate. That would just be awesome. If she goes back to the Island and watches Luffy leave, she'll have regrets or something and meet the same fate as the 2 previous empress.
There's one problem with your theory on Hancock: If the rest of the Strawhat crew are reunited and Nami and possibly Robin happen to encounter Hancock, chances are Hancock would get jealous and turn them into stone and I definitely do NOT want that to happen. Kuma (since he's part of Dragon's army) better do something to clear this misunderstanding so that such a thing would never happen.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 21:20   Link #337
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
What did Haachi do to Nami and crew?

It happened at the beginning of the series, y'know.... the Arlong arc?

Spoiler for Nami's Past:

Anyway..... my guess as to the next Strawhat would have to be Ace. He's got a sad past, AND he's been confirmed Roger's own son. I doubt they'll not have alot of focus on a character as big as that~
Old 2009-09-24, 01:09   Link #338
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post

Spoiler for Nami's Past:

Uh I know. I was just using that incident and comparing it with Kuma since he said there's a slim chance they would forgive Kuma for what he did....
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 02:45   Link #339
zaner

The thing about ace is Oda already said no one on the crew will be stronger then The power 3 (Luffy, Zolo, Sanji) everything says that ace wont join the crew though, and Ace is clearly stronger then the three of them being in the new world already and having so many people know him.

Ace is to powerful, and to engrained into the whitebeard crew to join the Straw hats

I think it will be a Female Fishmen its the only thing the crew really dosen't have is a water speicalist, we have yet to get anyone who can do anything in water, and Fishmen island is coming up soon so i think we will see a fishman (female) joining the crew after or during the arc.
zaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 13:56   Link #340
Blaine

I have a feeling it might Jimbei that join's the crew next.