AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Old 2009-04-13, 20:01   Link #61
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
The novels have no importance whatsoever to the manga plot. They are not even written by Arakawa. Although she does illustrations for them.
Worth checking out then?
Old 2009-04-13, 20:13   Link #62
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Worth checking out then?
I only read the first three and they were enjoyable quick reads but they are also pretty forgettable overall.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 12:00   Link #63
Miverel

Hello everyone! I have small question... Maybe somebody knows what Envy's real name is? I've read rumours that it's William (but it sounds too strange for me )... However, I've heard few years ago that his name was something starting with 'H' letter (similar to Hohenheim probably). I'd love to know if his name has been ever announced officialy (in anime/manga/guide books) and if yes then what's it.
Thank you all in advance for help~!
Miverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 13:31   Link #64
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Not in the manga, no. He's just Envy, really...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 19:24   Link #65
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quick question. Watching the original series for the first time, and i was wondering at what volume of the manga does the anime stop at, and when does the anime original material kick in?

If possible, a spoiler free answer please.
Old 2009-04-17, 20:06   Link #66
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Quick question. Watching the original series for the first time, and i was wondering at what volume of the manga does the anime stop at, and when does the anime original material kick in?

If possible, a spoiler free answer please.

It is different from the very beginning but it completely diverges after Vol. 7 of the manga so Vol. 8 introduces characters that never appear in the anime.

It's a little harder to pinpoint exactly where the anime diverges. I would say they start adding a lot more of their own things after episode 25. But episode 33 sort of happens in the manga (just very differently).

I hope that helps clear things up.
Old 2009-04-17, 20:08   Link #67
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

So basically, the events that happen after volume 08 of the manga, aren't animated in the original tv series?
Old 2009-04-17, 20:14   Link #68
Kirarakim

Basically the 2nd half of the first chapter in Vol 8 (chapter 30) is never animated by the anime and everything after that.

But again I want to point out that although the anime sort of covers early chapters in the manga they cover them in their own way.
Old 2009-04-17, 20:15   Link #69
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Thanks, that's what i wanted to know. I don't wanna go off-topic, so i'll send you a post on your shoutbox to let you know why i asked. :3
Old 2009-04-24, 06:18   Link #70
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Does anyone know why they are making this second season? I had heard rumors, but I didn't believe them until I saw this thread moved into the Current Series segment.
I know that the first season's end and the movie's end kind of bite. I always resented how both endings left Winry out in the cold and alone.
From what I've read about summaries of these past few episodes. Mostly they have rehashed old ground with a few twists, with the exception of the first episode.

I just don't see the point of having a whole new season if they just have the same sadist twists. Have there been any official statements about why they decided to make this series? let alone make it as if the first season never existed.
I may be all for this as long as Rose doesn't get gang raped, and Martel comes back and survives for longer. I always thought she was a seriously cool and sexy character. Yet she still got the same lame death as she did in the manga. Though in the anime she did live a tad longer.
I had thought that they were going to more closely follow the manga story, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I tried wikipedia and AnimeNews.com but neither site really has much information at all about this new series. I'm just getting Shuffle! flashbacks. They had a second season, but just did the same depressing stuff.
Old 2009-04-24, 06:23   Link #71
Kirarakim

They are making this new series because it follows the original manga. The manga and the 1st anime are very different even if they start out somewhat similar at first.

Trust me it is not just going to be a rehash! and I wouldn't worry about Winry.

Quote:
I had thought that they were going to more closely follow the manga story, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Well they are not following it exactly but they are following it way more faithfully than the 1st series did even taking direct frames from the manga.
Old 2009-04-24, 21:04   Link #72
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Does anyone know why they are making this second season? I had heard rumors, but I didn't believe them until I saw this thread moved into the Current Series segment.
I know that the first season's end and the movie's end kind of bite. I always resented how both endings left Winry out in the cold and alone.
From what I've read about summaries of these past few episodes. Mostly they have rehashed old ground with a few twists, with the exception of the first episode.

I just don't see the point of having a whole new season if they just have the same sadist twists. Have there been any official statements about why they decided to make this series? let alone make it as if the first season never existed.
I may be all for this as long as Rose doesn't get gang raped, and Martel comes back and survives for longer. I always thought she was a seriously cool and sexy character. Yet she still got the same lame death as she did in the manga. Though in the anime she did live a tad longer.

I tried wikipedia and AnimeNews.com but neither site really has much information at all about this new series. I'm just getting Shuffle! flashbacks. They had a second season, but just did the same depressing stuff.
Rose will not be gangraped in this series, since that only occurs in the first anime. The Manga, and presumably the second anime gives Rose a happy ending.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 06:03   Link #73
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

The manga hasn't ended yet, therefore we don't really know if Rose will have a happy ending or not...

Old 2009-04-25, 07:26   Link #74
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Rose will not be gangraped in this series, since that only occurs in the first anime. The Manga, and presumably the second anime gives Rose a happy ending.
wtf???? rose gangraped???? when did that happen???? I'm pretty sure that never happened.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 07:47   Link #75
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Well...

Spoiler for Rose's fate in the First animated FMA:

That's probably what they were talking about.

Old 2009-04-25, 16:52   Link #76
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Well...

Spoiler for Rose's fate in the First animated FMA:

That's probably what they were talking about.
And because of that traumatizing experience she couldn't speak anymore.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 17:17   Link #77
Nosauz

hrrm i guess that makes sense,i always though the reason why rose became the way she was because of the incident at the openning of the series, and that through her work through the orphanage at teh end during the truamatic war she became mute but continued to work as relief worker/matron, and took the child as her own. Because she never really says that the baby is biologically hers which makes me question the genetic relationship
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 12:01   Link #78
christine_cute
A total anime freak^^

Everone is talking about the difference between FMA brotherhood anime and manga........can anyone tell those differences (or link anywhere where the answer could be found?)
christine_cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 14:02   Link #79
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by christine_cute View Post
Everone is talking about the difference between FMA brotherhood anime and manga........can anyone tell those differences (or link anywhere where the answer could be found?)

Okay what I can remember off the top of my head. Putting this behind spoiler cut these go up to episode 4. I also included some lines in the manga that I really like that were cut from this anime.

Spoiler:

There might be more but this is what I can think of off the top of my head

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2009-04-27 at 14:26.
Old 2009-04-27, 21:07   Link #80
Vicious108

A few additions to that list:
Spoiler:
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote