AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-12-14, 02:39   Link #3021
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
With the new Japan manga-content ban kicking in next year (courtesy of Alzheimic geriatrics who outlived their lifespans), I doubt I would be able to get what I want : a swimsuit episode.
Your anger may be justified, but ageist bigotry is not. One of these days you'll be one of those "Alzheimic geriatrics", God willing, but you'll realize just how much stupider you were when you were young looong before that. Trust me... ^_^

Besides, the bill has only passed committee, and will not be finalized unless it is approved in a vote on Wednesday. There is a considerable amount of political and corporate clout allied against it, and publishers like Shueisha have made it quite clear that they're willing to do things that are bound to raise a shitstorm of backlash against the bill from the populace should it pass. When money and political clout are at stake, you can usually count on politicians to blink first, young or old. I wouldn't worry too much about that bill passing.
Old 2010-12-14, 05:33   Link #3022
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Your anger may be justified, but ageist bigotry is not. One of these days you'll be one of those "Alzheimic geriatrics", God willing, but you'll realize just how much stupider you were when you were young looong before that. Trust me... ^_^
I will actually concede to younger people if they call me that, because by that time I would have known "sticks and stones vs words".

We don't grow smarter as we grow older. We become dumber because we lose more braincells, including those at the frontal cortex which handles memory. It is only logical that I concede to that and I am not afraid of saying that I am actually much smarter than I'll be in the future.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 08:01   Link #3023
tsunade666

Quote:
Besides, the bill has only passed committee, and will not be finalized unless it is approved in a vote on Wednesday. There is a considerable amount of political and corporate clout allied against it, and publishers like Shueisha have made it quite clear that they're willing to do things that are bound to raise a shitstorm of backlash against the bill from the populace should it pass. When money and political clout are at stake, you can usually count on politicians to blink first, young or old. I wouldn't worry too much about that bill passing.
but isn't the bill recognize and passed already and will start next year july 2011?
Old 2010-12-14, 09:07   Link #3024
Seihai
スマイリウム

Sancom is mostly exaggerating, even if more or less right. Imo that ban thing's passing through and the ban thing itself are so vague it's not worth all the rage and "omg we're doomed". I do sympathize though.
Old 2010-12-14, 09:25   Link #3025
tsunade666

but even so doesn't that mean that it would be limited and somehow other works that are in borderline H would be ended.
Old 2010-12-14, 11:30   Link #3026
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I just read 124 just now....and why the heck is Shiori blushing at Yui and Keima?

Don't tell me she is REALLY unconsciously a yaoi fangirl! Arrgggghhhhh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Better worrying about school uniform (NSFW link) first.
All I want to see is Tenri-Hakua-Ayumi-Shiori in their swimsuits. Especially Shiori.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-12-14, 11:36   Link #3027
tsunade666

isn't that an old news already saintess? or your turning blind eye on shiori beinga a fujoshi or maybe not but the way she saw Yui (looks like a guy) and Keima in the couch.......

all I can say

they think twice as fast as normal and twice as more mind twisting stuff in her mind.
Old 2010-12-14, 11:41   Link #3028
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
I just read 124 just now....and why the heck is Shiori blushing at Yui and Keima?

Don't tell me she is REALLY unconsciously a yaoi fangirl! Arrgggghhhhh!
Well, ignoring the gender, that pose they are in and those kind of confronting words of Yui are simply an embarassing scene to watch.

On another note, yaoi fangirl YES PLZ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
but even so doesn't that mean that it would be limited and somehow other works that are in borderline H would be ended.
Yeah, the anime broadcasting will be doomed if even mere school girls (assuming with a light ecchi theme) are also already doomed.
Old 2010-12-14, 11:51   Link #3029
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
I will actually concede to younger people if they call me that, because by that time I would have known "sticks and stones vs words".

We don't grow smarter as we grow older. We become dumber because we lose more braincells, including those at the frontal cortex which handles memory. It is only logical that I concede to that and I am not afraid of saying that I am actually much smarter than I'll be in the future.
This would be a legitimate argument if we already knew everything we will ever know at birth, because, yes, brain cells do die, and our ultimate capacity for knowledge does diminish from day one. But we never stop learning. Especially once we get out of school...

Quote:
but isn't the bill recognize and passed already and will start next year july 2011?
Check out this site (questionably SFW, but no nudity). He covers things pretty well, although he doesn't go into detail on the industry backlash that I think will eventually kill this.
Old 2010-12-14, 11:58   Link #3030
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
isn't that an old news already saintess? or your turning blind eye on shiori beinga a fujoshi or maybe not but the way she saw Yui (looks like a guy) and Keima in the couch.......

all I can say

they think twice as fast as normal and twice as more mind twisting stuff in her mind.
I was basing it on the news initially. But with that scene of her hiding behind the bookshelf and blushing away, she is really corrupted!

Old 2010-12-14, 12:00   Link #3031
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
I was basing it on the news initially. But with that scene of her hiding behind the bookshelf and blushing away, she is really corrupted!
So are you saying that she wouldn't behave like that if she wouldn't be into yaoi, one way or another?
Old 2010-12-14, 12:50   Link #3032
tsunade666

Quote:

Check out this site (questionably SFW, but no nudity). He covers things pretty well, although he doesn't go into detail on the industry backlash that I think will eventually kill this.
Thanks for the link. I check it and read it. And apparently. It's only affective in Tokyo. As for me I don't know where does the big company are placed in. Are they erected at tokyo? like shounen jump, shokugan or the companies that would boycott the tokyo anime faire 2011.

Though the irritating part for me. Is the law states for anime and manga only. Great just great old geezer
Old 2010-12-14, 20:23   Link #3033
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

This is all OT, but go to this thread http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=99700 for clarification. Sankaku's post exaggerates a preemptive attempt at self-regulation by a company that probably didn't even know the scope of the bill when they asked that author to stop using school uniforms.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 22:43   Link #3034
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I was going through an older chapter, and I feel like Aoyama's memory is different from everyone else's. She seemed to have more confusion about what happened that day than the rest of the girls. It might be because I like her more than most of the other candidates, but I wouldn't be surprised if Keima found out two of the girls he's monitoring don't have goddesses.

Then again, that's probably just my hopes talking.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 02:55   Link #3035
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
I was going through an older chapter, and I feel like Aoyama's memory is different from everyone else's. She seemed to have more confusion about what happened that day than the rest of the girls. It might be because I like her more than most of the other candidates, but I wouldn't be surprised if Keima found out two of the girls he's monitoring don't have goddesses.

Then again, that's probably just my hopes talking.
I wouldn't be surprised if Keima found out all five of the girls he's monitoring don't have goddesses.

Then again, that's probably just my cold, analytical side talking. Pity Keima's has been drowned out as of late...
Old 2010-12-17, 10:57   Link #3036
Shadow5YA

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Keima found out all five of the girls he's monitoring don't have goddesses.

Then again, that's probably just my cold, analytical side talking. Pity Keima's has been drowned out as of late...
More like everyone wants Keima to be wrong because it's too convenient and his explanation wasn't really plausible.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 00:21   Link #3037
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
More like everyone wants Keima to be wrong because it's too convenient and his explanation wasn't really plausible.
Well, considering how well the rest of the series has been written, one could say that unlikely convenience and lack of plausibility is evidence that it's not the case.
Old 2010-12-18, 07:57   Link #3038
Ryuutai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Well, I disagree about the fact that his explanation is too convenient and implausible...I think it's perfect, because it explains the reason why he has been chosen to capture the run away spirits with love.
It's possible that there are also other details still unknown, but I like this explanation very much since I think it's very coherent with the rest of the plot that we saw so far.

Last edited by Ryuutai; 2010-12-18 at 08:16.
Ryuutai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 10:19   Link #3039
mechdra

Spoiler for 125: Haqua to the rescue.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 21:40   Link #3040
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuutai View Post
Well, I disagree about the fact that his explanation is too convenient and implausible...I think it's perfect, because it explains the reason why he has been chosen to capture the run away spirits with love.
That reminds me of something I thought of when flipping through the older pages of this thread (very interesting discussions there, btw) some time ago. That is, who told Elsee to use love to capture the spirits?
Considering her incompetence at doing anything, if she had been put through a course detailing the various methods to use, it'd be impossible to predict which one she would latch on to. Therefore, she had to have been told specifically to use love as the method, without being burdened with the knowledge of how difficult it really was to do so.
Next, the email that Keima got that got him contracted to capture spirits indicates that the sender knew (or strongly suspected, at least) he would use love to do so. When he accepts, they pair him the one devil who doesn't know any other method of capturing spirits. It's the perfect match.
Then, look at what follows. The girls with their gaps filled and spirits removed are stable and Elsee has the highest capture record in recent history. More importantly, while love may be a difficult method to employ to capture spirits, it is the only method that can be used to awaken and power up the goddesses. None of the other contracted humans could have been used to awaken the goddesses.
Looking at things that way, it's not hard to imagine that Keima's contracting was but a training run towards the real goal of awakening the goddesses.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen