AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-12-19, 23:26   Link #2141
LusterFlare
Lost.

Wow those last couple seconds looked terrible lol.
LusterFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 23:32   Link #2142
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by LusterFlare View Post
I agree that was a wasted opportunity by Green Bay.

I'll take it but it was ugly.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 23:33   Link #2143
Prodigy
Heartless

Quote:
Yea, I can't believe it came down to the final seconds. I wonder if it would have been the same outcome if Rogers had played. Although I doubt they onside it in the beginning if Rogers did play. Good game nonetheless.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 23:39   Link #2144
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Crazy game. Between Kyle Arrington's pick six, Dan Connolly's long return, James Jones' long TD catch, John Kuhn either jumping or running over people, I was thoroughly entertained even though I wanted to see a Pats loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Will he be wearing a Philadelphia Eagles mask tonight ?
Uhh...no.

Quote:
Did Jerry Rice ever made a GW Punt return touchdown..................no!

I was talking about the future not the present.
Has Jackson ever been the focal point of three different Super Bowl teams? No!

Doesn't matter what time-period you're talking about, Jackson isn't going to be the greatest WR of all time when his career is over. He's spectacularly historic career in only three seasons but he's never going to be considered better than Jackson.
Old 2010-12-19, 23:42   Link #2145
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

That's what happens when you have inexperienced QB under center. Aaron Rodgers would have been would have been able to call his own play and save time.

Good thing for Green Bay is that the Giants lost, so if they beat the Giants next week, they are back in the Wildcard heading into the Chicago game. Hopefully, Rodgers is healthy, I want GB to play in the Playoffs so I have someone to cheer for in the NFC lol.

Lol at the Dan Connolly play, the way he held the ball reminded me of back when I played in 7-8 Year Old Little League.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
Manningham's fumble in the third quarter (while up by 3 touchdowns)
Onside kick (while up by 2 touchdowns)
The punt return to end the game

I could take my pick as to who to blame or the reason for the Giants losing.
I could also credit Vick alone for winning the game.
Yeah, but it will be the Matt Dodge play that'll be in the news tomorrow.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 23:44   Link #2146
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy View Post
Yea, I can't believe it came down to the final seconds. I wonder if it would have been the same outcome if Rogers had played. Although I doubt they onside it in the beginning if Rogers did play. Good game nonetheless.
Back-Ups QB's from the Packers has been successfully terrible in the last few years since Farve left. Blame QB coach or McCarthy but he has done a good job keeping the Pats a good game.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 23:45   Link #2147
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
That's what happens when you have inexperienced QB under center. Aaron Rodgers would have been would have been able to call his own play and save time.

Good thing for Green Bay is that the Giants lose, so if they bet the Giants next week, they are back in the Wildcard heading into the Chicago game.
Giants will win that game, it won't be a slumping December all over again since last year. Giants will make it to the wild-card Weekend.
Old 2010-12-19, 23:46   Link #2148
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I agree that was a wasted opportunity by Green Bay.

I'll take it but it was ugly.
A former LSU QB and a frantic time-management error, I swear Les Miles coached those final seconds...

So if Green Bay wins it on the last play does that mean anything HUGE? No because of parity...

But dammit the teamy-teamy-team wins again, and the hatred continues...
Old 2010-12-19, 23:47   Link #2149
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Crazy game. Between Kyle Arrington's pick six, Dan Connolly's long return, James Jones' long TD catch, John Kuhn either jumping or running over people, I was thoroughly entertained even though I wanted to see a Pats loss.

Uhh...no.

Has Jackson ever been the focal point of three different Super Bowl teams? No!

Doesn't matter what time-period you're talking about, Jackson isn't going to be the greatest WR of all time when his career is over. He's spectacularly historic career in only three seasons but he's never going to be considered better than Jackson.
You mean better than Rice but I can tell he won't be better than Rice. No he's on his own league and career. This the beginning for Jackson and I'm sure he'll be a future HOF in my opinion.
Old 2010-12-19, 23:49   Link #2150
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
A former LSU QB and a frantic time-management error, I swear Les Miles coached those final seconds...

So if Green Bay wins it on the last play does that mean anything HUGE? No because of parity...

But dammit the teamy-teamy-team again, and the hatred continues...
He was at the game tonight, so I think he had some difference for Matt Flynn. He did a good job accept time management.
Old 2010-12-19, 23:55   Link #2151
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
I never believed in that 'My team beat so-and-so and your team lost to so-and-so, so my team's better' stuff. The NFL is a week-to-week league. Has been since the start of salary cap.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 23:59   Link #2152
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Did Jerry Rice ever made a GW Punt return touchdown..................no!

I was talking about the future not the present.
Well to be the future GOAT he'd have to pass Jerry's accomplishments. Good luck.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 00:03   Link #2153
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Well, newbie syndrome finally caught up to Matt Flynn. But wow...Green bay had the ball more than twice as long as the Pats.

Formula for stomping Brady:

1) Pass rush him constantly to get the Pats offense off the field
2) KEEP said Pats offense off the field.
Old 2010-12-20, 00:12   Link #2154
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

3) Pass rush and blitz him up the middle, at all costs...That's how the Giants nerfed him in the Superbowl, that's how Cleveland got him and how GB got him...Ain't no QB in this league (Maybe Vick) can take hits up the middle allday...
Old 2010-12-20, 00:18   Link #2155
Highman

Quote:
3) Pass rush and blitz him up the middle, at all costs...That's how the Giants nerfed him in the Superbowl, that's how Cleveland got him and how GB got him...Ain't no QB in this league (Maybe Vick) can take hits up the middle allday...
Oh wing admits Brady can't handle pressure Vick can now I believe Breesus sucked so badly against Baltimore.
Old 2010-12-20, 00:20   Link #2156
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^It's infuriating to see how so many teams just zone Brady up like he's not SSJ3-Brolly on those short passes...Man-up these smalla$$ receivers and selectively blitz up the gut, they'll super max-protect and you'll get a couple of INT throws (GB dropped 2,3 INTs, missed a fumble)...The key is the TE's though because if the TE's beat the man defense you screwed, but your Yamcha if you just zone Brady and rely on wing-blitzes...

Breesus played well enough to win today, i don't remember lots of pressure at all from B'more today...But if you listened you'd see I said no QB can handle middle-preesure all game if hits on the QB are being made..As for the rest, soak in the Saints loss, take a bath in it...It's been a stinky 6weeks for you...
Old 2010-12-20, 02:29   Link #2157
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

I'll take Calvin Johnson over DeSean Jackson. The guy is bigger,stronger, taller, and more mature than Jackson. He's fast too but not DeSean Jackson fast.
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 05:28   Link #2158
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
^It's infuriating to see how so many teams just zone Brady up like he's not SSJ3-Brolly on those short passes...Man-up these smalla$$ receivers and selectively blitz up the gut, they'll super max-protect and you'll get a couple of INT throws (GB dropped 2,3 INTs, missed a fumble)...The key is the TE's though because if the TE's beat the man defense you screwed, but your Yamcha if you just zone Brady and rely on wing-blitzes...

Breesus played well enough to win today, i don't remember lots of pressure at all from B'more today...But if you listened you'd see I said no QB can handle middle-preesure all game if hits on the QB are being made..As for the rest, soak in the Saints loss, take a bath in it...It's been a stinky 6weeks for you...
Playing 6 straight teams where only five of them having winning records helped the Saints. I told you the next three weeks would be a good test for New Orleans because they're going to play three teams with winning records (two that have actually won games against other teams with winning records). I wouldn't be surprised if the Saints go 10-6. I think they'll beat the Buccaneers though. New Orleans is going to have to go on the road though twice in the playoffs any way you slice it though.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 08:42   Link #2159
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Ugly win but we'll take it. ROFL @ the Connolly return.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 09:05   Link #2160
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post

Good thing for Green Bay is that the Giants lost, so if they beat the Giants next week, they are back in the Wildcard heading into the Chicago game. Hopefully, Rodgers is healthy, I want GB to play in the Playoffs so I have someone to cheer for in the NFC lol.

Lol at the Dan Connolly play, the way he held the ball reminded me of back when I played in 7-8 Year Old Little League.Yeah, but it will be the Matt Dodge play that'll be in the news tomorrow.
Well, at least the Packers have given sort of a 'blueprint' on how to attack the Patriots. Remember when Vick was the talk of MVP during the mid-season? Especially after that 59-28 game? Then came the Giants who came up with a gameplan to contain him. It worked well, until McCoy took over. The next game, the Eagles lost to the Bears (okay, partly because of the absence of Asante, but they still lost, fair and square). Ever since then, teams have been coming up with plans, and almost beating the Eagles (ever since they lost to the Bears, they have won all their matches after being behind.) Of course, the Patriots are a more complete team than the Eagles, but there's still a way for the playoff teams to find a way to slow down the Pats offense (not going to look at the rest of the regular season).

Last week, Big man with reception for TD; this week, Big man with kickoff return for an almost score. What's next? Big man throwing the football?

Regarding my team the Eagles, as much as I'm hyped over the resurgence of Vick, I don't see them going all the way, not with how the D has been playing.

And for the record, DeSean can be as fast as he wants now (up till 8-9 years in the future), but he's going to have to adapt as he ages since his speed isn't going to be with him for a longer time (kinda obvious here). I see Maclin being a better all-around receiver than DeSean is right now, but no one can question DeSean's explosiveness. Only time will tell whether he can adapt to more of a steady route runner (not a possession receiver of course, he's too small for that).

Someone check with me on this, but wasn't DeSean playing with an injured foot?

Last edited by Hell_ping; 2010-12-20 at 09:19.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports